Kalama

Posted by: side slider

Kalama - 01/06/00 09:35 PM

This is my first post to any BB. I hope you guys will allow me some space on the bank or in the boat. I am planning on fishing the Kalama or the Nisqually this weekend and was wondering if there were any good reports on either. I am going to be hauling the drift boat and have never fished out of it on the Nisqually and was wondering if the tank crossing down to the handicap hole was floatable. Any info would be great. Thanks
Turn-um-Loose
S.S.
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Kalama - 01/06/00 09:43 PM

I just heard the Nisqually is closed for lack of returning Chum. I don't know if that means Steelhead are still open or not.
Posted by: willierower

Re: Kalama - 01/07/00 10:09 AM

side-slider,
Um welll I was sworn to secrecy about what I saw on the Kalma last monday..... well all Im gonna say it below the deadline.........If ya really wanna know e-mail me. If I tell you in public they may find my carcass floating somewhere.....hehehehe.
Im fishing it Monday the 16th, if conditions allow......
Have a good trip
Posted by: T Dodge

Re: Kalama - 01/07/00 05:03 PM

I would surely pick the Kalama over the Nisqually at this point. It has been consistently better than other rivers I fish or hear about so far this season. Pritchard's does a very nice job of giving timely reports on the Kalama conditions and observed success, call 360-673-4690.

------------------
Tad

[This message has been edited by T Dodge (edited 01-07-2000).]