synthetic lines?

Posted by: Kevin

synthetic lines? - 01/06/00 11:56 AM

Was wondering if anyone has tried the power pro line and if it wears the guides like spider wire does? And if anyone has had success with simular line with out the excellerated guide wear? Thanx and tight lines
Kevin
Posted by: Bob D

Re: synthetic lines? - 01/06/00 12:09 PM

Go too Loomis's site and look at tips and teqniques, they have question and awnsering and have a small blurp on these lines and there effect on rods and guides. I use Fireline and its awesome!!! dont use it for pluggin but most every thing else...Good guides like on my Loomis's and Lami's dont wear at all but cheaper guides may...You'll have to experiment. You wont believe the sensitivity...Here's the link!http://www.gloomis.com/tips_faq.htm
Posted by: Yahoo

Re: synthetic lines? - 01/06/00 03:14 PM

Hey Kevin, Yahoo here. Ihave used tuffline for about 5 years now and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread!!! Now, I do use it only in the salt, but it has no stretch and when you set the hook, WATCH OUT, Its a direct connect with the fish. Have never had a problem with it putting a groove in my guides and I fish about 150 days a year. I havent fished it in the rivers yet due to the fact that this stuff will not brake and we all know how these snaggy rivers can be!!
Posted by: fishkisser99

Re: synthetic lines? - 01/06/00 08:53 PM

Been using Power Pro for a few months now and must say it has its advantages and disadvantages...but the sensitivity is incredible and for float fishing its no-stretch qualities ensure a quick hookset. Have noticed no guide wear as of yet. Seemed a bit hard to cast the 10 lb stuff...but I switched up to 30 and haven't had problems. Try it. You'll like it. Hey Mikey! lol

tight lines
Posted by: kore

Re: synthetic lines? - 01/07/00 11:06 PM

I have been using The power Pro line for a short time now. I like The price. I have been using the 30/6 on my noodle for bobber fishing and like it alot(line floats). I also used the 30/6 on my drift rod. The sensitivity is great, but the line seems a little touchy when it comes to abrasion, in other words it does'nt deal with it well. Otherwise it is a good line for the price. I ran out of mono leaders one day and tied a leader with the braid, and caught a 9 lb hen on it.(go figure, I would have thought the braid tied directly to the hook would spook the fish) ---mike