"Vision" hooks

Posted by: jiggy-wit-it

"Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 01:27 PM

Hey Guys....Have any of you tried the new Vision hooks? Price seems to be right and they are sticky sharp but what about strength? I've had mixed success so far.
Posted by: shep

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 03:09 PM

I've never tried them, what about the new Mustads, I think they're called accupoint?
Posted by: potter

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 05:45 PM

Just got some to try. Had several fishermen recommend them. Good price @ 6 cents each in bulk.
Posted by: Freedrift

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 10:27 PM

Tried some this last weekend on the Hump. No fish. They seem to be strong I broke my 10lb leaded a few times and did not straighten out any hooks.
Posted by: Prawn Meat

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 10:38 PM

I have been fishing with Vision hooks for about six months now and have had nothing but success with them. They are extremely strong and have a point on them comparable or better than a Gamakatsu. For the money and the quality, they can't be beat.
Posted by: Eric

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/27/00 11:17 PM

These sound interesting but I'm still skeptical of anything but Gammies(yes, I'm prejudice to my gammies!)

I haven't really looked for them but have heard of them. Are most major sporting goods places carrying them now? Might pick up a pack and test em'

Thanks!

(I'm on the coast in Aberdeen)
Posted by: tvhosts

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/28/00 09:43 AM

Many of the guides we fish with on our TV show use Vision hooks. They are great and as others mentioned, very affordable.
Posted by: jiggy-wit-it

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/28/00 10:11 AM

I know you can buy them at Auburn Sports & Marine in Auburn. I haven't seen them anywhere else yet?
Posted by: Jim Bain

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/29/00 04:12 PM

I have used vision for over a year without one hook failure. I am on Pro Staff with them so let me know if you would like to get some.

------------------
Jim Bain
Always have Fun while Fishing!!!
Posted by: Bob D

Re: "Vision" hooks - 01/31/00 03:21 PM

Try'd a pack of red Visions on the Hoh Sat, Nice hooks but not as out of the pack sharp as Gammies. They compare to all others just not the best!