McCain & Enviroment

Posted by: Land Tuna

McCain & Enviroment - 02/28/00 05:53 PM

This morning on National Public Radio there was a bit on John McCain claiming that the Salmon recvory program & the taking down of the Elwha Dam would be cut from the budget if he was elected President under his pledge to do away with special intrests and pork barrel spending.
Any one know any more on Salmons, dams and John McCain.
Posted by: ctflyfish

Re: McCain & Enviroment - 02/28/00 08:22 PM

As you know, the position of biggest environmental disaster around is currently taken by Slade Gorton, but I heard McCain say that, if elected, he would divest the country of National forests, BLM land and the like, and go with "local control." Meaning no control at all. I wish the media would at least ask him (and the rest) the questions, so it would be crystal clear.
Posted by: steelhead addict

Re: McCain & Enviroment - 02/29/00 12:47 AM

G.W. Bush is also against the breaching of snake river dams.
I found his comments today ridiculously funny!
"to farmers every day is earth day"
I was curious if eroding banks, and pesticide polluted rivers were part of Bush's earthday celebration.
Posted by: Dick

Re: McCain & Enviroment - 02/29/00 12:57 AM

Don't trust any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Tight Lines!!
Posted by: onariver

Re: McCain & Enviroment - 03/01/00 06:40 PM

I agree about not trusting any of them but at least the democrat party candidates are not claiming they are anti-environment in every sense of the word. Mcain also said that he would repeal any new wilderness designation to help with logging. It seems that both republican candidates are pro business at whatever the cost to our favorite pastime.
Vote for the least of the two evils and then pray for the best.
Posted by: Scaly

Re: McCain & Enviroment - 03/02/00 11:48 PM

Interesting. McCain's "environmental" statement on AOL's candidate site brags about his getting 3.4 million acres in AZ set aside as wilderness! Guess it's all in how it suits him personally. (And his donors.)