fishing with the kids

Posted by: rainycity

fishing with the kids - 03/17/00 12:04 PM

Well guys, my kids (10 and 12) want me to take them fishing this weekend, anybody know anywhere we can bank fish, have a shot at hooking one or two and still stay out of most peoples way?
Posted by: Harbor_Hog

Re: fishing with the kids - 03/18/00 06:36 PM

I would say the only place to find peace and quiet is to take up trout fishing at the local lake... Seriously your best bets are probably going to a local tackle shop and asking them, since I don't know your area very well, I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Andy http://The_Steelhead_Solution.homestead.com
Posted by: T Dodge

Re: fishing with the kids - 03/19/00 11:04 AM

Rainycity, I don't know any such rivers for steelhead fishing, but I've thought a number of times that a perfect river to take the kids to, either to teach them to fish or to fish without many people around is the Tucannon. It's a small, manageable stream, has tons of fish, they bite enough to really keep a kid's interest up, in places there is plenty of room to fish without snagging and hanging up in trees, and there are never many people around. It is my favorite trout stream in Washington and a perfect one for the kids. It is a push to get there from Seattle (I'm from Tacoma), but worth it once you arrive! Good luck.