Plugs and Baitdivers ?

Posted by: Steelheader boy

Plugs and Baitdivers ? - 03/27/00 05:26 PM

For all you plug pullers out there I need you're help.We floated the Kalama on friday the 24th,we drifted bait and floats for the most part ,my question is how important is it to keep a steady rhythm on the plug or bait diver does erratic movment trigger strikes or is a steady presention the key.fishing from a cataraft the past 4 years I've just never had the need to pull plugs and would like to add this to my list of options,we found that any extra movment by the boat caused a change in the rythm of the plug is this good or bad and should the boat all ways be position directly above the plug,at times found myself slightly off center to one side or the other....Thanks Guys

------------------
Tight Lines
FISH ON ------<*)>><
Men are like fish we get into trouble when we open our mouths to much!!
Posted by: Doubletake

Re: Plugs and Baitdivers ? - 03/27/00 10:25 PM

I have found that moving the plugs downstream to fast is easy to do. I work my plugs slowly, very slowly down through the hole. If you go to fast the fish will move aside and let it by. Make sure your plug is running true (not left or right but straight). You can adjust (tune) them if they are not. Run your plugs the same distance out, not staggered. Plugs are built to annoy the fish not make them hungry, to make them aggressive. Hope this helps
Posted by: Steelheader boy

Re: Plugs and Baitdivers ? - 03/30/00 05:53 PM

thats all, come on guys I need you're help here I just regriped my oars and am itching to fish ,I need some advice on this one!
Thanks again...
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: Plugs and Baitdivers ? - 03/30/00 06:51 PM

O.K, this is just how I do it but the above post is correct. Slow and steady is the key. I don't like a lot of side to side action if I can help it. However, I use a drift boat and you are using a cat which is not as easy to back troll with (it has a whole lot more surface tension than a drift boat) A lot of people let the plugs out way to far from the boat. I say 40 -50 feet is plenty and the same distance out