ANY GOOD LUCK??

Posted by: PinkCorky

ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/08/00 08:34 PM

Is anyone having any luck with catching fish on the rivers? Chris and I are going fishing this weekend and we are wondering where people are catching them. It would be a big help...

Thanks,
Melissa
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/10/00 09:15 PM

Pink Corky:

In the mouth!!!!!Just kidding....

Most die hard fishpeople really aren't going to tell you where "they" are catching fish. Reason--then the next time they go, their favorite place is jammed full, especially if it one of the smaller rivers of the state.

"Worse day fishing, still better than the best day working"

[This message has been edited by DrifterWA (edited 06-10-2000).]
Posted by: PinkCorky

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/10/00 10:31 PM

Well, ok... that helps. I just would like to know places that are open maybe???

Thanks,
Melissa
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/11/00 12:31 PM

Melissa(PinkCorkie):

Fishing in Washington
Sport Fishing Rules
2000/2001 Pamphlet Edition
Effective May 1, 2000 to April 30, 2001

Snuggle up with this "Free", pickup where you got your license, booklet. Spend some quality time reading the enclosed information. More time reading, less computer time, will answer many of your questions.
Do wish the DFW would put "fish plants, by river" in this booklet. The plants are available at the WDF internet site. No problem for computer users but if you don't have or know how to use a computer that is information a fisherperson might like to use.

"Worse day fishing, still better than the best day working".....
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/12/00 05:07 PM

PinkCorky/Chris

Up until the water spiked last night, the Skykomish had had a really good push of summer steelies. Try the Sultan area - Cracker Bar would be a good bet.

Put your time in and be creative. Don't be afraid to try something "different" (within reason) of everyone else. There are a lot of fish in the Sky now. When the water drops again, go hit the rivers.

I hit 3 fish on the Sky on Saturday. 1 small nate and 1 nice 9lb chrome brat. Even managed to hit a 5lb dolly. Biggest dolly I've seen (26 solid inches). My other fishing buddy hit a 7lb brat.

Was fishing an area above the State Salmon Hatchery above Sultan but below Reiter. Just past the bridge over the Sky.

Hope that helps.

Parker
Posted by: Chris

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/12/00 05:53 PM

Mel-
Remember we can't ask question in this forum ( it makes some people mad). Thanks for the info for all of you nice guys.

Chris
Posted by: kalamabama

Re: ANY GOOD LUCK?? - 06/12/00 10:42 PM

Try the Kalama if it is not to far. Summer runs are in and still some springers. Drift eggs or shrimp. Big spinners are working well also. Good Luck!!! Keep The Rivers Clean

------------------
dank