John Carlson for Governor

Posted by: QwikSticks

John Carlson for Governor - 09/12/00 07:03 PM

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/13/00 09:54 AM

Sorry for Duplicating a current topic. I did a search on this subject and didn't find anything. Guess I should have tried some more search Criteria
Posted by: Ron Bob

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/13/00 08:36 PM

I'm wondering wy Mr. Carlson suddenly is for the banning of nets? In the last election he was very out spoken about being against the net ban.

Also he says to ban neting by the Natives as well. This just can't be done. It's a treaty issue not a state issue. The federal government and sate government have no jurisdiction over the Natives.So how can he stop them.

I think Mr. Carlson is blowing a little smoke here. Food for thought. Just my opinion.
Posted by: Chris

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/13/00 08:55 PM

What are his other views? Education, socail security,ect...
Posted by: Plunker

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/13/00 10:12 PM

Posted by: stlhead

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/13/00 10:51 PM

The governor of the state of washington cannot remove tribal nets from anywhere unless, of course, he means the tribes will voluntarily remove them in exchange for money which the tribes have steadfastly refused to ever do. Carlson doesn't know what he is talking about.

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/14/00 10:13 AM

Plunker, Hmm I copied that directly from the link Source. I did not modify it in any way (promise). The original must have been modified.
Posted by: Plunker

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/14/00 12:04 PM

QuickSticks, --- Thanks for the honest reply. I had guessed the same since some earlier links to the same press release are no longer working. It seems that Carlson has changed his position without announcement and swept the past under the rug.

Thanks for posting the original here. I saved a link but not a copy thinking it would remain online.

I will email the Carlson headquarters asking for an explanation. - Plunker
Posted by: Stinkfoot

Re: John Carlson for Governor - 09/14/00 06:07 PM

Good work, Plunker. Hopefully other members of this board will more carefully read these campaign promises.

In case anyone hasn't figured out what Plunker dug up, here it is: Carlson wants to ban freshwater netting; since commercial netting is done mostly if not all in the salt, and the governor can't do a thing about indian netting, Carlson appears to be promising nothing.

That's not rain running down our backs.