Is Bill Herzog still guiding?

Posted by: Hugh Heffner

Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/13/00 03:21 AM

I just noticed that the "man" posted in the Okie drifter thread. I heard that he took some time off of guiding to raise his kids but I was wondering if he is back in it.

Bill, or anybody else, please let me know as I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Justin
Posted by: Matt S.

Re: Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/13/00 07:01 PM

A friend of mine fishes with him for spring steelhead on the Skagit every year I think. However, I don't know how to get a hold of him. Next time I see my friend I'll ask>
Posted by: Robbo

Re: Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/13/00 08:05 PM

Bill has throttled back on the guiding quite a bit, but is still doing some stuff on the coast. If you'd like to book a trip with him I can put you in touch with him. Mostly flyfishing for the old Zogsticle these days. Rumor has it he may be appearing on the silver screen in the near future. Stay tuned for details.
Posted by: greg

Re: Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/13/00 08:30 PM

Guys, Bill told my partner and I that he was quitting guiding on the Skagit. I can't speak for him other than that remark, but he did sell us his sled. (Hope it has some MOJO left in it!) Thanks Bill, she ran great on our shakedown cruise down the Cow last weekend.
Greg Pennell
Posted by: Hugh Heffner

Re: Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/14/00 03:36 PM

Thanks, guys for the info. I have been slowly but surely mastering my spoon techniques and I want to perfect my skills by fishing with Bill.

Thanks
Justin
Posted by: The Real Spoonman

Re: Is Bill Herzog still guiding? - 12/14/00 09:04 PM

Howdy Kids!

"Zogsticle?" Rob, I think Brockett is looking for a DJ...

Yes, I'm still guiding, but not full time, only weekends here and there and instead of the now-closed Skagit, I'm skulking about on the Hoh. I really do miss guiding full time, and it seems weird to be working in downtown Seattle now, of all places...talk about culture shock!

Greg, I'm glad Money ran good for you guys. Give her a kiss for me.

I primarily do fly fishing and spoon fishing guiding now. Y'all be cool.

Bill.