Birthday trip -- where would you go?

Posted by: HSL

Birthday trip -- where would you go? - 12/28/00 02:15 PM

That previous post about the Sol Duc Guest House got me to thinking, all right...

Here's the deal. My birthday is on January 18th, and my girlfriend wants to get me a guided trip and/or a river-front cabin where I can do some fishing. I don't have a boat.

This is only my 3rd season steelheading, and I've spent all of my time thus far on Puget Sound rivers. I'm certainly not averse to heading out of town...

Where would you guys go in the middle of January?
Posted by: drift boat

Re: Birthday trip -- where would you go? - 12/28/00 02:46 PM

If it was me I would go to the Quinault due to they are now getting some fish in the 20's and for the most part they have more fis per fisherman than the other rivers.

------------------
rip some lips
Posted by: fishaday

Re: Birthday trip -- where would you go? - 12/28/00 04:20 PM

Ditto !! The quinault is it, second choice would be a forks area guide for one of the other three (hoh, sol duc, calawah). Big native fish and beautiful scenery.
Posted by: Hohwaiian

Re: Birthday trip -- where would you go? - 12/28/00 04:30 PM

I'd nix both ideas. First of all, good luck finding a GOOD guide in the entire month of January, unless you've booked well in advance. Second, river-front cabins are pricey; you can get more bang for the buck elsewhere. Since your b-day falls on Thursday, I'd take Fri, Sat and Sun off and book two nights accomodations in Hoqium, Amanda Park or Forks. Then I'd spend three days pounding the OP's rivers and creeks. Every sytem should be peaking by then for hatchery fish and a few wild ones too. Oh yeah, don't forget the girlfriend so you can keep warm at night and for the extra punchcard...

[This message has been edited by Hohwaiian (edited 12-28-2000).]
Posted by: posh II

Re: Birthday trip -- where would you go? - 12/28/00 04:45 PM

Check with Bob Ball..This is his board...
maybe he'll get a cancellation or he can give
you good advice.