Elochoman River Report

Posted by: Slam

Elochoman River Report - 12/30/00 11:39 PM

Anyone interested in the Elochoman, The fishing is good but could be better, water dropped a bit. Earlier this week was great then the rain stopped. My fishing partner caught 2 winters today on eggs can't say the same for me. Not bad pressure up high but Beaver Creek was packed. Talked to a guy who hooked into 5 landed 0. I saw 2 other adults caught. Jigs seem to be the hot choice although my buddy caught his 2 today on just eggs and a noodle rod, he had fun. Need Rain!
Posted by: OLDRookie3

Re: Elochoman River Report - 12/31/00 10:48 PM

Slam, you should have got your rain today. We did up north. I was down there for the first time around Thanksgiving time. At that time my nephew and I fished the only open offroad parking area I saw as I back tracked from the hatchery. The river was low then and I only saw an old darkie drifting downstream and carcasses. It sounds like it's starting to pick up for the winter run. Are there any other public access areas that have good holes?
Posted by: Ono4fish

Re: Elochoman River Report - 12/31/00 11:04 PM

Thanks for the report...I'm quite aways from that river and appreciate any info I can get on it. Esp. would like to know if there's any fish in the area. Probably be down in early Jan.