Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#415841 - 02/19/08 01:45 AM BC Steel
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
FYI

British Columbia Steelhead Anglers:

The forwarded e-mail at the end of this communication is the start of a process initiated by a few of our BC angling"friends" who haven't refined their sharing skills, and by numerous Skeena System guides who are troubled by the presence of non BC anglers fishing waters that they feel deserve priority for their clients and their personal business interests. As you can surmise, these individuals have an extremely strong voice, have established a significant momentum and will do whatever is necessary to achieve their agenda of restricting our opportunity to fish the Skeena System rivers. If you have any doubts regarding the likely outcome of this matter, consider the fact that the Stakeholder Based Working Group that will draft the final proposed new regulations is comprised of 3 local anglers, 2 local guides, a hired facilitator and a Ministry of Environment staff member. The Group contains no representative of the local businesses, no local community organizations and no advocate for the interest of the unguided non BC anglers. Though the decision on the exact method of restriction has not been completed, it appears that their primary goal is to limit non BC anglers to 8 days per year per Skeena System river or a blanket 8 day period only. This is being supported by the fabricated contention that there is an over crowding condition on the Skeena System rivers that is resulting in a "degraded quality of angling experience".

The BC Ministry of Environment, Fish and Wildlife Branch, produces detailed statistics covering annual angling effort and catch reports for all of the provincial rivers and streams known to host Steelhead. In the Skeena reporting region, the statistics are startling. From fall 2002 through fall 2005, there has been a 34.6% decline in the number of angling days on the Bulkley, 33.0 % decline on the Kispiox, and 51.6% decline on the Morice. The report on 2006 has not yet been produced; however 2006 was considered by most anglers to be a poor Steelhead return year with significantly less angling pressure than 2005. 2007, as we all know, saw very few anglers on the Skeena System due to further significant declines of Steelhead. One of the well established guide operations had approximately two thirds of it's 2007 clients cancel their bookings and abandon their deposits. No doubt the decrease in angling days from fall 2002 through fall 2007 is of a magnitude well in excess of 50% on all of the Skeena System's premier rivers. Yet, despite those statistics, a group of BC anglers and guides are adamant that the rivers are becoming over crowded, with non BC anglers, and consequently experiencing a "degraded quality of angling experience". As dedicated Steelhead anglers, I am certain that we all understand the current distressed state of the resource and the related human dynamics driving the desire to take our traditional fishing opportunities.

Clearly, the only significant means that we have in defending our freedom to fish the Skeena System rivers is through soliciting the support of the Skeena System merchants with whom we conduct business. The sooner that those merchants are informed of the probable restrictions that will be imposed on their customers and the sooner that they commence attending the meetings and voicing their objections, the greater the chance we will have to disrupt the taking of our fishing opportunities. The merchants need to recognize that nearly none of their customers will be willing to bear the time, energy and travel expense of driving 4 to 5 days to fish only 8 days regardless of the unpredictable river condition during the fall months. Communication objecting to any restriction being placed on non BC anglers should definitely also be lodged with the presidents of all of the Chambers of Commerce of the cities/townships listed in the following meeting schedule. The merchants and Chambers of Commerce need be informed that, instead of an over crowded condition on the Skeena System rivers, there in indeed a precipitous drop in the number of anglers visiting their rivers and communities. The merchants and Chambers of Commerce also need to be strongly encouraged to lobby their MLAs (their regional political representatives) to exert pressure on the Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Tourism to protect their business interests and our angling opportunities. Attached is a list of the Skeena System Chambers of Commerce. Please communicate with them and any merchants that you have patronized.

Any effort undertaken by you to help preserve our BC angling opportunities will be appreciated by all of us "aliens". PLEASE NOTE, that passing this communication on to all past, present and possible future BC Steelhead anglers, and asking them to assist in lobbying the Skeena System merchants and Chambers of Commerce, will help immensely.

It would also be very helpful to add to your communication that this whole issue is, as documented to be, not rooted in over crowding, but borne of the catastrophic decline in the numbers of Steelhead escaping into the Skeena System and its headwaters and the neglect of the government entities entrusted to protect this priceless resource.

Please scroll completely through the following communication to view the scope of the matter that is confronting us.

Best regards,
Keith Beverly

Skeena Quality Waters Strategy

Many waters in the Skeena River system have been cited as having persistent steelhead angler-use issues — crowding, illegal guiding, etc. — and a degraded quality of angling experience.

In response to these concerns, the Ministry of Environment is implementing the Quality Waters Strategy in the Skeena River watershed. The strategy is a community engagement process, utilizing input from provincial, regional and local recreational angling sectors to identify waters of concern that require new or revised regulations.

The end product of the engagement process will be Angling Management Plans (AMPs) that will recommend revisions to current sport fishing regulations as they pertain to steelhead angler-use issues on the Skeena. The AMPs do not address steelhead populations and conservation issues.

The following table outlines the public and stakeholder involvement process.

Community Engagement Timeline
Phase 1
Jan 17-22/08

Stakeholder meetings

Informal sectoral meetings to identify problems and suggest solutions (Smithers, Houston, Hazleton, Terrace, Kitimat and Prince Rupert)
Feb 7-12/08 Stakeholder meetings Same as Jan 17-22

Feb 25/08
Feb 26/08
Feb 27/08
Feb 28/08
Feb 29/08

March 1/08 Public Meetings
Houston – Seniors’ Centre
Smithers – Hudson Bay Lodge
Hazleton – Kispiox Valley Hall
Terrace – Coast Inn of the West
Kitimat – Kitimat River Lodge Community Centre
Prince Rupert – Highliner Plaza

Open house: 5–7 pm; public meeting 7–9 pm

Open house: 12–2 pm; public meeting 2–4 pm
Mar 31/08 Consultation report Summary of public and stakeholder meetings
April-August/08 Draft AMPs Developed by stakeholder-based Working Group
Phase 2
Sept-Nov/08

Stakeholder meetings

Same as Phase 1 but to review draft AMPs
Nov 2-8/08 Public meetings All six communities
Nov 30/08 Consultation report Summary of public and stakeholder meetings
Early 2009 Finalize AMPs Working Group
Fall 2009 Approval of regulation changes Ministry of Environment
2010 Regulation changes implemented Reflected in Synopsis

The Skeena Regional Quality Waters Management Committee, a local group of resident anglers and licensed guides, has been meeting for the past two years with the Ministry of Environment to oversee the Quality Waters Strategy, the community engagement process and the development of AMPs. The committee has identified the following rivers as a priority for dealing with angler-use issues:

Babine
Bulkley and Morice
Kalum
Kispiox
Kitseguecla
Kitwanga
Lakelse
Skeena IV (downstream from Kitwanga)
Skeena IV (upstream from Kitwanga)
Suskwa
Zymoetz I and II

#415864 - 02/19/08 10:26 AM Re: BC Steel [Re: Double Haul]
rln Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: anywhere in B.C. sometimes wa...

if you want to check out a couple of websites where the BC goverment is putting all this crap check out the following

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/ske/qws/

for a list of the meeting, they are on the folowing link

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/ske/qws/engagement.html

I just hate this crap the goverment here is doing when angler participation is shrinking each and every year and a few locals think something like this will solve all the probelms steelhead face in the Skeena drainage.

#415873 - 02/19/08 11:16 AM Re: BC Steel [Re: ]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
Sounds like they are getting ready to shoot themselves in the foot big time. Wonder what the reaction from those guys will be when they still dont catch anymore fish and lose money. We should start our own boycott of the area just to prove to them that they need us as bad as we want to fish.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#415874 - 02/19/08 11:17 AM Re: BC Steel [Re: ]
Bent Rods Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chilliwack ,British columbia,C...
I agree that limiting visiting anglers will not do f#@K all for saving Skeena Steelhead.

But SOME of these issues arise from behaviour of visiting anglers.

Some portions of the best producing rivers are witnessing large camps, built by European anglers, that are manned day and night by rotating groups of anglers essentially blocking out all others from fishing these choice waters. I think this is where alot of the beefs come from as this is very much an illegal guiding situation. This should be dealt with by the LAW, and if that is not happening , time to do what it takes if you ask me.

As for the guides that would like to see only guided fishing for non residents, they are fools and do not understand what they are proposing.

For the anglers here(meaning yous guys) who do your yearly trip, I would say time to get involved in the battle to save these fish. As a user of this resource you are as responsible for protecting those fish as anyone.
Show the same passion you would towards these recent QWS issues, when its time to fight the commercial yearly slaughter of Steelhead as they swim with the Sockeye.
Its easy to sit back and cry foul when something you enjoy is in jeapordy, but if you really want to continue to chase Steelhead in the Holy land, its time to align yourself with those very guides and fight for the fish.

Those guys have been fighting the Ministry Of The Environment and The DFO for decades to save those fish, and with a tiny population base up there and most of the fishing pressure coming from non res aliens, do you blame them for being a little protective.

Our government has shown LOUD AND CLEAR that Steelhead are a thorn in the side of progress and with a population up here of folks who come from places where fish are food and fishing is strictly for sustenance, the help of Foreign SPORTS anglers will be desperately needed.

I say if ya cant beat em JOIN EM.

Edited by Bent Rods (02/19/08 11:19 AM)

#415889 - 02/19/08 12:22 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: Pugnacious]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Give me a break.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#415891 - 02/19/08 12:29 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Good post, Rod...why it's so difficult for the very few number of guides up there to see that is beyond me...they clearly want a monopoly on the fishing up there, and no one fishing except those who pay them an arm and a leg will get them that.

The problem is that there are hundreds of other anglers who care about those fish and spend lots of money there...the guides should be embracing those people and taking advantage of their passion and money, rather than pushing away the only allies they'll have in the fight to save Skeena fish.

I sure didn't hear them complaining when all of us non-guided anglers were peppering the DFO with letters about the commercial bycatch of steelhead in the chum fishery...those guys need to get their heads out of their asses.

If enforcement of the existing rules isn't working, their problem should be with those charged with enforcing.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#415903 - 02/19/08 01:25 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It seems to me that there are two separate issues here. The one being discussed is quality of angler experience in terms of crowding on the rivers. The conservation of Skeena steelhead is coincidentally related, but isn't an inter-dependent issue unless BC and DFO values recreational fishing revenue as much as or more than commercial fishing derived revenue.

I always have had mixed feelings about getting involved in either issue. BC is a provence of Canada, a sovereign nation. As much as I enjoy fishing in BC, if they don't want anglers from the US or even Alberta taking up space on their rivers, that's really their business, and it doesn't matter whether the reason is river crowding, perceived effects on fish conservation, or if they just think we talk funny. It's BC's resource to manage or mismanage as they see fit. If they want US angler dollars, fine; if they don't, well I think it's their choice to forego that tourism revenue. It's the same thing with steelhead conservation. I recognize that they have an internal conflict between BC Fish & Wildlife and Canada's DFO, but it's an internal affair. I don't think it's any more appropriate to tell Canada and BC how to manage their fish than it is for the US to tell other nations how to manage their governments (altho we do it almost routinely).

I think it's more appropriate if the BC beneficiaries of tourism revenue choose to step up to the plate and involve themselves in the discussion about any limits placed on alien angler participation in BC sport fishing. Of course, there's nothing wrong in our reminding those providers that our tourism is conditioned on our continued fishing opportunities; that we don't visit them just to enjoy rustic accomodations and their cheerful Canadian accents, eh?

Sg

#415985 - 02/19/08 06:49 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: Salmo g.]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
I've been on the email chain on this one, and here's some discussion:

From Babine Northlakes Lodge:

I been confronted with a number of rumours flying around about what is or is not going to happen with the new package of AMP's...bottom line for me is the hope that real, not perceived, crowding and illegal guiding issues are addressed through the AMP working group, the regional QWS board, the provincial QWS board, Al Martin and ultimately the BC cabinet.....this is our process....from a guide's perspective, the problems of un-capped angler usage in the category of non Canadian must be addressed through good ideas and perhaps pilot projects....we need to try and get it right but we don't need to propose ideas that are not fair and reasonable....after all these years since 1990, is it fair and reasonable to propose some sort of restriction on non Canadians? I think yes but the devil is in the details and which rivers to include, etc. If we can't deliver on improving the crowding and illegal guiding issues, then we fail at QWS. It remains to be seen if government is truly committed to solving those issues with our help....meaning will we all implement, monitor and enforce any "tool box" ideas that are laid out in the QWS? In the past price has been used as the only tool and I think we all can agree that raising rod day fees and angling licences is not the answer this time. So I think government is really in a challenged situation where they had better be able to deliver a service to its clients that includes a much more serious and improved investment in truly managing our premier Skeena steelhead rivers, etc.

On another matter not in the mandate of the QWS, if we don't have a adequate supply of fish and habitat, we won't need to worry about crowding and illegal guiding since there will be very few anglers visiting our watershed. For the Skeena watershed and government's resolve if any there must be a two pronged strategy of managing angler usage and managing the fish/habitat supply.

The last and very important piece of the entire stewardship puzzle is to look after the marine environment and I mean change the status quo of fish farms and any other marine ecosystem degradation that is seriously harming the salmon, steelhead, whales, etc. Just think how ridiculous it would be to be considering a new package of AMP's for the Broughton Archipelago in the face of the fish farms and current crisis with salmon and steelhead?

In response to the previous letter:

You laid out the issues clearly. Nailed it. The issue of non-guided non residents is important, and complex. One complication is that if you simply start making restrictions on a river by river basis, it will simply force anglers off one river, and on to others . Right now, I seldom fish the Copper or Kispiox because of crowding. Damned if I want to compete, as a local angler, with hundreds of additional non resident anglers in the few places left that aren't crowded if they are forced off the Babine, Kispiox, Bulkely, etc. I'm sure you've already thought of this issue though. Good luck.

I've always been conflicted in regard to imposing restrictions on non residents because of my relationships with a few fishermen who have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into Skeena conservation, and simply don't like fishing at lodges, or with guides. To now tell them they can't fish would be a pretty hard. I hope you find ways to deal with that problem creatively. And for every case like that there are dozens, hundreds of other non residents who know what a bargain they are getting, but contribute little if anything to Skeena conservation.

And your absolutely right in regard to the habitat issues, both inland and oceanic. For instance, if a 287Kva powerline gets built into the Headwaters we may be hooped as numerous acid generating mines, or other developments, become economically viable, and the upper rivers get roaded. Same with Coal Bed methane and pipelines down the Skeena to the Tar Sands (which means hundreds of tankers transiting our coast every year). There is a complete absence of process or consultation with local communities and their interests on the cumulative impacts of these projects to salmon, and our communities and cultures. Right now government thinks that their is overwhelming support for any and all development that is proposed, from fish farms to mines, to privatizing our rivers with IPP's, because local chambers of commerce and Economic Development agencies tout themselves as representative of all our communities values. If I wanted to live in a completely industrialized landscape, I would move there. I'm not against all development, support Galore for instance, but there has to be a more rational process in place for determining our futures, other than "BC is open for business" .

In regard to illegal guiding. This is a law enforcement issue. It won't be fixed by policy changes. The limited successes in controlling illegal guiding are very clear - someone gets busted. The best busts have been stings. Stings take cooperation from anglers, and resources. I would suggest the guides can raise money from their legal clients, and local anglers could also raise money, to dramatically increase the amount of stings the province attempts. Actively running stings is expensive, and we need to either put political pressure on government to allocate resources to provide the CO's with the tools to do their job effectively, or simply pay for it ourselves. As for the little, less obvious chisel charters, and we know who they are, the answer is simple - get caught and thats the last time you will ever fish the Skeena, period. This would take government cooperation also, maybe new regs or laws, but we could make that happen if we put our minds to it. But it will never happen within current processes with bureaucrats -- this is a political issue, and should be dealt with as such. I'm too old to rely on bureaucrats to fix this, if its going to get fixed, we're the ones who will force that. Sit down with Gordo and get his commitment to fix this damn issue for well and good. If we can send folks to the moon, we can certainly keep crooks and cheats off our rivers if we set our minds to it.

So I have a suggestion. I think the guides should convene a watershed conference on these issues, including illegal guiding and the habitat issues you've identified. Put the heat on government to deal with these issues up front and honestly. Yell loud, yell often, in public, and let the government know there will be consequences if they don't listen. They are counting on keeping your riding in their camp, threaten that and you will be taken seriously.

As a full time professional conservationist trying to protect these habitats I can say this for sure - if anyone is relying on the BC environmental movement to protect the Skeena, they are being too hopeful. There's not many of us, and the forces we face are enormous. I urge you to both continue with the processes you have invested so much effort with, but to also consider working outside of government processes, which is often far more effective than working within processes that are often intended to impede change or reform, not foster it. By convening a watershed conversation on these issues, maybe in colloboration with local conservationists and FN's, you will bring more pressure to bear in regard to these issues then you ever will lobbying bureaucrats. And we definitely need to continue pressuring government to implement a full moratorium on the expansion of fish farms on the north coast. We have been succesful stopping them so far, but until this is a policy, we are in danger. Lets take it over the top and get er done.

It is looking like the old Skeena Watershed Committee, in some iteration that isn't clear yet, may be resurrecting itself. This could be a powerful process in regard to getting fish in the river. And possibly, in the future, be a resource for dealing with some of these other issues.

Thanks for sending out your message. Good luck.

More thoughts:

Thank you for forwarding these emails. I believe from reading them
there is a concerted effort by the outfitters (stakeholders) to change
the existing regulations. Given the vagueness of weather conditions, I
could not pick with certainty eight days for one particular river. In
my own thirty-five year history on B.C's steelhead waters, I have seen
the rivers go out for three weeks at a time. I have always fished on my
own but now I also fish with outfitters. I can see some of the
outfitter's points of view, but I believe that a river without a
constituency of concerned anglers or a very small one (sports who go to
lodges) will be doomed by all the evils of big government and
environment depleting industry that Pierce Clegg writes about. These are
the important issues.
I believe Lee Wulff had it right: "a river without friends is a
river doomed to oblivion" If overcrowding is a problem, and I highly
doubt that on the wilderness rivers like the Babine, with its razor
sharp bedrock in the upper end or the long flight into the Sustut then I
suggest BC follow what the Quebec Gaspe' zec does wherein
do-it-your-selfers and outfitters go through a lottery system for prime
water with some public water always open. Interestingly, these Atlantic
Salmon public open waters are very good and under-fished!
I think the critical issue is the same one we have in the U.S. Do
outfitters and guides have a right to unfettered livelihoods on
publicly owned resources. Every year, I see more hunting and fishing
outfitters at the public trough. Thirty years ago there were no
outfitters in the Coronado National Forrest hunting Mearns quail with
their clients, now these areas are overrun, and the attitude is they
have a god given right to be there. The "tragedy of the commons" can
happen from all quarters. I think the Canadians will have to decide
these issues for themselves, but I fear they will move towards
exclusiveness for a few. I would send my comments to all concerned, but
I am technically illiterate to do so.
All the best,

And a spammin river report sent in today:

Be My Steelhead Valentine: Spring 2008 Introduction

Attached is a pic of a 44 inch Steelhead taken near a small tributary of the Skeena. Monster Steelhead like this one and others will be lurking the waters this April and May. Have you dreamed of this Steelhead, we ll, avid fly angler and tyer, Kevin Kelly need not to dream any longer as he is snuggled up with this hog.

The day this Steelhead took his swung leech he chased it downstream with some excitement at the same time asking his partner to give him a hand, but to no avail, he wanted a take of his own, and what would you know he got it! Yes a double-header! Kevin fishes all his lines sub-surface with very little sink tip. And with pics like this one, I think I might as well.

Many years ago, Mr. Kelly and I lived together for a winter in Terrace. I, an avid curler spent my winter at the rink, his was on the Skeena. I often wondered what drew a person to enter frigid winter conditions in search of Steelhead, coming home at dark with nothing but a smile and no bites. Kevin did this many days I lived with him, some days were better than others, most days brought no fish to the fly.

Little did I know that this search for My Kiss was something that poured into my veins so deep. I now appreciate the wonderment of Steelheading and what Mr. Kelly made me realize, while sitting in front of the fireplace, tying flies for the next day in search of a big Skeena Steelhead.

Many years have passed since that winter and now a visitor to Skeena 2-3 times a year Mr. Kelly still fishes his favorite pools of the Skeena producing some monsters.

Skeena country will be under a microscope this year and next, all to analyze the Steelhead streams first, all for the betterment of the fishery and the quality of the angling for local and all angler interests. In a nutshell, angler crowding is snowballing and the Provincial Government will be making a positive change implementing the process by 2010. This will make a few user groups unhappy but I am sure after the dust settles it will be a process that will be the savior to our wild Steelhead Rivers.

As well all governments have gone to Electronic Licensing for Freshwater and Saltwater licenses. So we encourage all anglers to purchase their licenses before arrival.

For our repeat clients and the new fishermen for 2008 we look for forward to seeing you this spring and throughout the 2008 season as it s going to be another great year!

Tracey John Hittel
Kitimat BC Canada

I'm in the early processes of my letter, a number of us have been asked by the folks we stay with to write letters to give the other side ... not that the BC Gov. will likely care what we have to say, but as letters get around, perhaps a few of the businesses that rely upon our visits will realize that tough times will just get tougher.

Personally, I leave several thousand dollars in the area each fall ... often times I fish very little due to conditions, but we hang out and play golf and and shop and all that other money-dropping stuff while we wait for the rivers to come around somewhere. If I'm limited to eight days on each river ... and one blows bad, I'm gone from that area ... and my $$$ goes to.

Heck, we've always wanted to go to Jasper, so my $$$ will leave the province.

"Crowding" is a little different than what most US anglers are used to. I've often fished for a full day without seeing anyone but the old farts I fish with with ... or maybe one of the board guys passing through. The numbers show participation is WAY down ...

Why??? "Cuz they're letting the fish go to hell, not the fishery, the fish ... between the nets at the mouth and habitat issues, it's bad news in recent years. Eliminating the visiting anglers will not solve the system's woes.

Illegal guiding is a big issue many say ... I've been accused of it for many years. I guess the local guides can't fathom the fact that a guide likes to fish on his vacation. They seem to forget that the old faces I'm fishing with have, in many cases, been on the river far longer than they have.

Even with all the finger pointing on that end, I've never been asked by enforcement about my doings ... ask away, but obviously, someone is dropping the ball there if the gov't cares and is supposed to be investigating the issue.

In the end, all this is going to do is keep people moving around more. Eight days on this river, then eight on that one, then eight on another.

From my personal observation and knowing people's attiudes that are there for some time, it will actually probably increase days fished because if someone only has x days on the river, he's gonna fish all he can in those x days. When someone camps in an area for a bit and there is no timeframe, they're going to be more selective in the days they fish ... oh too cold today, I wait 'til tomorrow, too wet ...

15 falls up there ... I know how the masses operate ;\)

Can't say I've ever seen one of these big European camps referred to ... perhaps in some of the other mentioned streams that I don't fish, they''re an issue?

Lovely, a third political venue to become insane over, to at least some degree \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#415987 - 02/19/08 06:51 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: Bob]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: Bob
From Babine Northlakes Lodge:

What a surprise.

#416080 - 02/20/08 12:27 AM Re: BC Steel [Re: Double Haul]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
And to think I thought this thread was on spoon fishing.

I haven't fished the Skeena system yet but certainly have plans to do that one day. I don't plan on paying for a guide and would certainly pay more than the current CW fees in order to do so.

I wonder what has happened to the number of angler days since the CW system was incorporated?

I agree with Sg in that the steelhead are in the hands of the BC government to do as they please. I wonder how many US dollars are spent now compared to what would occur if the guides have their way. I think it is a bit short-sighted for them to try and monopolize the local economy for their own gain without considering the effects on other tourism-based business.

Maybe I should look hard at making "that one day" this fall before it is too late?

#416300 - 02/20/08 06:10 PM Re: BC Steel [Re: The Catcherman]
Jaba'da butt Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kelso, wa.
I guess I won't go to JJ's at Campbell River anymore!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (wolverine, steely slammer, 1 invisible), 980 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645365 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |