THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1042839 - 11/29/20 10:16 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Man of logic]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Man of logic
Until I get a 50, if I ever do, I think any fish will struggle to match the feeling I got from my first 20lb king. It was in the salt, I was 14 and my bro drove my friends and I down to the fishing peir by my house. It was on Fox Island (horrible fishing, but we couldn't tell the difference). The sun was beating down on us. I think it was like the middle of july. The smell of rotting herring was in the air, and our arms were tired from hausing in dog fish all morning. When the tides start to move, you can just huck your bait out, let it sit and the current will work it. I was using a trusty old pink and white buzzbomb and was leaning over the side of the dock with my little browning rod in my hand, which was loaded with 15lb mono, watching the little sun fish peck at the pilings. All of a sudden my line got heavy, nothing special. I pulled the fish to the surface, I don't even think it knew it was hooked, and it turned and took off into the depths. I spent a half hour working that thing on my trout rod and every time it got close to the pilings it would take off again. My bro stripped down to his skibbies and waded out and man handled the fish. We were a couple of young pimply faced kids who just landed a KING salmon!!!!! I think we all felt like we caught it. Coolest moment in my life. I knew when I held that thing in my hands, I'd be doing this for the rest of my life. I think the experience is just as important as the size. Sorry if that sounded corny. I'm not a born and raised OP local or nothing (did get out on my uncles db a few times growing up), but I think that helps me appreciate the fish a little more. The same kids I'd fish with growing up, now drool at my fish pics. Sorry if I jacked the thread, it just got me thinking.

Not a 50... but arguably the BEST story on this thread. Thanks MOL, if you're still around.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#1042840 - 11/29/20 10:17 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

#1042850 - 11/29/20 03:40 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: eyeFISH]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

That was a cool story . Reminds me of my childhood.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |