Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#928049 - 04/23/15 02:20 PM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Alot of mushrooms sprout based on when and how much it rains. But oyster mushrooms are not one of them. Their source of water comes from the rotten log it's growing from. So even if we get alot of rain, oysters won't necessarily sprout as a result.

But they are seasonal. They come up in spring to early summer, so those in the pic are right on time!

Edited by cohoangler (04/23/15 02:21 PM)

#928055 - 04/23/15 03:12 PM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
The local golf course is a veritable cornucopia of mushroom species. Many are spectacular specimens, worthy of illustrating an identification guide; some are surely edible. Since the course is sprayed regularly, and the mushrooms are frequently found growing under pee trees, these fungi remain a feast for eyes only. I suppose you could pick them, parboil them and drain off the water... wink

#928096 - 04/24/15 12:34 AM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: CedarR]
RobertF
Unregistered

One time as a teenager I ate 8 grams of really gnarly psilocbyin caps and my girlfriends bedroom wall played a movie for me about the southwest. Good times.

#928199 - 04/26/15 09:52 PM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: ]
RobertF
Unregistered

How should I know I was higher than a georgia pine !!!

#928222 - 04/27/15 10:45 AM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'm sure some luck was involved...but a little bit of research, a little map reading, my handheld gps...and we were off to the woods...and got enough for two dinners wink

The first spot we hit resulted in the first pic...not many, but a few bigger ones. We saw a couple of locals in that area that weren't having any better luck than us, but they were confident that it is going to be a good year.

The second spot was crawling with them...lots of little one inch tall morels that we left for next time, and we gathered those in the pic in about 45 minutes in one pretty small area.

Tasty little buggers...but without intending to start a ShroomWar, I like chantrelles better wink

Hard to beat gathering in the 65 degree sunny weather, though!

Can't wait to get back out there, with all the baby ones we saw I think our second spot is going to be gangbusters in the next few weeks!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#928227 - 04/27/15 11:06 AM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Nice haul. thumbs

#928256 - 04/27/15 02:29 PM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Fuckin Hobbit.

#931076 - 05/31/15 10:03 AM Re: Mushroom Gathering [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Had to hit a few spots yesterday, and while the overall size was down per morel, we ended up getting about 80 yesterday in a couple of hours...I can smell some being sauteed with the rest of my breakfast right now!

Starting to see a few more species out there as spring goes on, too...not too far away from a wide open harvest season!

85 degrees was a little hot in the more open areas we hit yesterday, but being under the trees sure was pleasant, and that's where we found them all ;-)

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 263 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645359 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |