Recap of this thread:

The Tulalip tribe came out of the North of Falcon negotiations with a direct Coho fishery that included 100% allocation of the Coho going to the tribes on what was supposedly a closure of Puget Sound for conservation purposes with a wait and see approach by some negotiated ISU’s in various areas that was agreed upon in the LOAF.

There was an in season adjustment of 4 days opened to the sport angler that usually was open 8 days in September in prior years. So that means on the non equitable scale was advantage tribes 35 days to 4 days sport angler with the tribe still harvesting close to 100% allocation.

The last time I checked the Tulalips harvest showed a 90% clip rate, which means at least 10% wild plus some hatchery Coho are from other systems that were closed for conservation purposes.

I’m not here to promote the bubble since there are other places I would prefer to fish and see open in Puget Sound, but just showing the mentality and selfishness of the Tulalips in this area that have a MOU agreement with the state to share eggs between both their respective hatcheries—but the Tulalips are not sharing the returning Coho.

Next NOF, there needs to be some serious talks about equitable allocations and putting ISU’s in place for those areas of Puget Sound that need them like Port Gardner just to name one area.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them