LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#988034 - 04/15/18 02:16 PM Liberal idiot lights himself on fire....
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

nypost.com
METRO
Activist lawyer burned himself to death to protest global warming
By Gwynne Hogan and Amanda Woods April 14, 2018 | 6:33pm | Updated
A “green” activist who was a pioneering lawyer for gay and transgender rights — including in the notorious “Boys Don’t Cry” rape murder case — committed suicide by setting himself on fire Saturday morning in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park in a grisly act of protest against the ecological destruction of the Earth.

David Buckel, 60, left behind a charred corpse and a typed suicide note that said he was burning himself to death using “fossil fuel” to reflect how mankind was likewise killing itself, police sources said.

He left the note in a manila envelope marked “To The Police,” recovered from inside a black metal pushcart he discarded at the scene.

“Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result,” Buckel wrote in his note, which he also sent to the New York Times.

“My early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves.”

He added, “Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purpose in death.”

Passers-by were horrified to see Buckel’s burned remains.

“It was just lying there, on its back, knees slightly bent like someone would lie on the sand at the beach,” said Irena Ryjova, 44, a rollerblader who passed by at about 7 a.m., less than an hour after the immolation.

“It’s a shock; it’s a shame,” said mom Dana Lall as she shepherded a crowd of Catholic-school kids past the horrific scene, en route to a baseball game.

As a senior attorney with Lambda Legal defense, Buckel was a lead lawyer in a 2000 lawsuit on behalf of transgender “Boys Don’t Cry” rape-murder victim Brandon Teena, helping the family recover additional damages from neglectful Nebraska law enforcement.

The 1999 movie earned Hilary Swank an Oscar for her portrayal of Teena.

“It’s a very important case, not only within Nebraska but nationally,” Buckel had told the Daily Nebraskan newspaper in 2001, ­after helping win an $80,000 judgment.

He also fought for the right of gay high school students in Salt Lake City to organize a club, and argued against discrimination in the Boy Scouts of America and the military.

“The thoroughness, the detail and the careful reasoning in the opinion means that other courts around the nation will be paying attention,” he said.

“The news of David Buckel’s death is heartbreaking,” the group tweeted Saturday night.

“This is a tremendous loss for our Lambda Legal family, but also for the entire movement for social justice.”

In another pivotal case, Buckel won a New Jersey Supreme Court ruling in 2006 acknowledging that gay couples are entitled to the same legal rights and financial benefits as heterosexual married couples.

Ok Danny Shelton, do you have an alibi ? cool

- Albert Einstein.

#988038 - 04/15/18 05:00 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

Fitting end for a nutcase SJW. Too bad he left his charred corpse for others to clean up.

#988042 - 04/15/18 06:56 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
He didn't want "humans on this planet to breathe unhealthy air", I wonder how the hundreds or possibly thousands enjoyed the smell of his body smoldering. Nothing like the inhaling a burning body first thing in the morning with your coffee.

#988043 - 04/15/18 08:22 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

“I am afraid the strain was more than he could bear.”

And instead of smelling like victory, it must’ve smelled like da feet.

evil
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#988046 - 04/15/18 09:40 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

What could ignite such a burning passion like that?

#988047 - 04/15/18 10:00 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

He was a flamer.

evil evil
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#988061 - 04/16/18 09:51 AM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I was only joking when I told him to go set himself on fire.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#988074 - 04/16/18 03:00 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
steeleworldwide
Unregistered

I like his enthusiasm. A real self-starter! I wish all liberals felt this strongly about global warming. Maybe then we wouldn't have to deal with their stupid sh!t anymore. I hope more "people" will follow his example. Degenerate leftists are literally killing themselves, saving us the trouble.

I finally found out what LGBTQ stands for, Let God Burn Them Quickly. Am I the only one who finds this ironic since he's in hell right now burning with his fellow gays?

#988082 - 04/16/18 04:46 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Sadly, David Buckel shared a common trait with most liberals in that he let his emotions guide his actions and not reason and logic. The man could have had a positive impact on mankind, but he let his emotions get the best of him.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#988201 - 04/19/18 04:31 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: Sol Duc]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Once he got fired up about an issue, there was no stopping him. He may be gone, but his message hasn't been extinguished.

#988204 - 04/19/18 05:12 PM Re: Liberal idiot lights himself on fire.... [Re: ]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: steeleworldwide

I finally found out what LGBTQ stands for, Let God Burn Them Quickly. Am I the only one who finds this ironic since he's in hell right now burning with his fellow gays?

Afraid you are wrong O' Conservative One....

LGBT stands for Liquor, Guns, Bacon and Tits...and "Hell" only exists within 500' of my ex-wife..

Carry on..

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |