THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1003775 - 02/16/19 02:30 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: DrifterWA]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
This bickering on a open forum does no good for the task at hand

I suggest you air your differences in PM's

I would generally concur if it were simply "bickering" but it has been tied to the qualifications of a candidate for an open position on the WDFW Commission. As such I have been compelled to openly respond to what I perceive as an unfair and inaccurate attack. I believe it does "good" for the task at hand of having the most qualified candidate selected.

Edited by Larry B (02/16/19 02:30 PM)

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#1003815 - 02/16/19 07:12 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
bobrr
Unregistered

So do I, and I don't think he's it. bob r

#1003828 - 02/17/19 08:52 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Provide us with your nominee and why they would be a better choice for our support.

#1003833 - 02/17/19 11:44 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Done.

#1003841 - 02/17/19 01:37 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Did I fail to mention? Done!

#1003848 - 02/17/19 08:59 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
bobrr
Unregistered

Actually I'll be done momentarily. Since this guy is self nominated and you are looking for support I'll tell you right up front, I am NOT self nominating myself. I am not qualified to be a commissioner for the state. Nor would I want to be. Just because i have issues with this guy's position on changing current regulations in a fishery I participate doesn't mean I have to come up with someone else. Is there a list of candidates? "cause I don't see them. I've stated my opposition to this guy for the stated reasons, i.e; unwarranted changes to the Halibut regulations. Now I'm done. Bob R

#1003849 - 02/17/19 09:23 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Actually, you do need to offer a viable alternative. Just saying "no" is insufficient. There is an opening, somebody has volunteered. You don't like him. Give us an option and maybe someone will try and talk them into it.

#1003851 - 02/17/19 10:20 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Thank you to those who’ve supported Dave. Hopefully we will hear some positive news soon.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1003852 - 02/18/19 05:58 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
Overwhelming support...GL

#1003887 - 02/18/19 04:07 PM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
I’ve never fished for Halibut and I don’t know anything but what I have read about this candidate. But let’s look at the bigger picture. We have a commission with several Sportsfishing guys already on it, including the chairman. We also have a communist Governor making the selection who tries to please everyone. If every sports fisher writes in with overwhelming support of this guy then I think the Governor is likely to choose another candidate with a different agenda.
Luckily, we have BobR who doesn’t know what he wants different but has started a entire hate and smear campaign on another site with a good following. This shows that recreational fishers are divided on the subject as Bob makes this guy sound like a conservationist and a easy choice for Inslee to make.
So when Croonquist is chosen be sure to thank Bob R!

#1003920 - 02/19/19 09:24 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Sent recommendation to Gov. Board link found on first post.

It will be hard to find a candidate with the knowledge, experience, and the right temperament to deal with F&W issues. thumbs

Good Luck!

Edited by Lucky Louie (02/19/19 09:29 AM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#1003930 - 02/19/19 10:17 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Done

#1004077 - 02/20/19 08:05 AM Re: David Croonquist's Application for Commission Seat [Re: Jake Dogfish]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jake Dogfish

Luckily, we have BobR who doesn’t know what he wants different but has started a entire hate and smear campaign on another site with a good following. This shows that recreational fishers are divided on the subject as Bob makes this guy sound like a conservationist and a easy choice for Inslee to make.
So when Croonquist is chosen be sure to thank Bob R!

I'd like to think that we are all conservationists of our natural resources; conservation being defined as wise use.

It was disturbing to go to BD and read what was written by several individuals apparently including Bob. Yes, lots of hate plus not one of those individuals indicated that they were interested in filling the open seat nor did they mention an alternate candidate for consideration.

That is the equivalent of complaining about a problem but not having a proposed solution.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 939 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645355 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |