Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1010291 - 06/11/19 10:06 AM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: ]
FleaFlickr02 Online   content
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: bobrr
The commercial and tribal lobbying forces have more impact then we ever will. Bob R

CORRECT!!!! And that explains, entirely, why we don't ever get what we want out of season-setting. To believe we can overcome the power of financial influence by showing up in numbers at meetings is foolishness, and anybody who's paid attention to how we get treated when we DO attend ought to understand that by now. Our only power lies in our choice to buy a fishing license. If we all quit, we'd have their ear. Until then, we'll go on funding injustice, just so we can go outside and fish.

Sport fishers comprise only 10% of the overall population. The other 90% is a mixture of people who may have differing views about a lot of things, but they all have in common that they don't care about whether anybody has the right to sport fish for salmon, because they are not personally interested. Worse, these folks have absolutely ZERO understanding of the conservation issues surrounding salmon and steelhead these days, so as far as they're concerned, more salmon for sale in the marketplace is only a good thing. This is what makes it so easy for commercial lobbyists to convince legislators to uphold the status quo and prioritize commercial fisheries. 1 voter in 10 is not going to tip many elections....

#1010293 - 06/11/19 10:16 AM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

It's pretty obvious Stam slept with someone's daughter and someone is still angry.

WDFW has caved to liberal, economic pressure from commercial, tribal, power generation, and special interest groups. The recreational fisherman has been screwed without lube in the process.

#1010303 - 06/11/19 12:21 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
It's pretty obvious Stam slept with someone's daughter and someone is still angry.

WDFW has caved to liberal, economic pressure from commercial, tribal, power generation, and special interest groups. The recreational fisherman has been screwed without lube in the process.

I just don't think much of the opinions of folks who reside pretty much on the '''dark side" no matter which side of the lake they are trolling in. I respect the views of those who put in the time and effort to keep us apprised of the issues affecting fishermen , i.e. fishing reports first and politics concerning fishing second. I allow no non-fishing politics spoken on our boat. Rant over, I'm going fishing again this weekend. Last trip out was one to remember.Bob R

#1010317 - 06/11/19 02:09 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: ]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: stam
You should come on over....seems like you'd fit in nicely.

I've spent my share of time on the front lines, I've been frozen out of meetings during the public input sessions by state employees dialing down the A/C because they didn't want to hear what we had to say and just wanted to go home. I've posted more reports, photos and "nice fishes" here than most
I've done what some here say will actually make a difference, I fish AK, I fish Mexico, I fish Oregon and Canada....I fish the Olympic Park because there is no license required, I actually walk the walk...this will be my third year of being part of the solution.

You can go on feeling superior if you like, but your words, whether you like it or not say you're just as good as trolling as I am. beer

Welcome to the jungle.

The darkside is calling. thumbs

your only posts as far back as 4 pages or more ( as far back as I had time for, prob. LOTS more) are just arguing about NOTHING related to fishing. As I said, my rant is done. I've made my opinion known how I feel about the former and current heads of WDFW and the majority of comm. who are bought and sold. Go talk to yourself. Bob R

#1010318 - 06/11/19 02:16 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Let’s not overreact.

The positions being created are likely because some folks are retiring, so the WDFW Director is re-organizing upper level operations. New positions require new money. And the last I saw, WDFW is getting less money, not more. So the new positions are likely just rearranging the functions with no increase in personnel, and reduced funding.

We can all express our opinions about WDFW but we may not fully understand the forces they face every day. They are caught between State politicians, F/W Commission members, Federal restrictions (ESA), Tribal expectations and pressures, historic expectations (particularly for hatcheries and stocking), fewer on-the-ground staff and resources, biological/social/economic realities, and some startling policy decisions beyond their control (F/W Commission).

I don’t envy the situation that WDFW leadership has to face, but it’s the reality they deal with every day they walk into their offices.

#1010321 - 06/11/19 03:21 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: ]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Pharker..lol

#1010337 - 06/11/19 06:00 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: stam
You should come on over....seems like you'd fit in nicely.

I've spent my share of time on the front lines, I've been frozen out of meetings during the public input sessions by state employees dialing down the A/C because they didn't want to hear what we had to say and just wanted to go home. I've posted more reports, photos and "nice fishes" here than most
I've done what some here say will actually make a difference, I fish AK, I fish Mexico, I fish Oregon and Canada....I fish the Olympic Park because there is no license required, I actually walk the walk...this will be my third year of being part of the solution.

You can go on feeling superior if you like, but your words, whether you like it or not say you're just as good as trolling as I am. beer

Welcome to the jungle.

The darkside is calling. thumbs

your only posts as far back as 4 pages or more ( as far back as I had time for, prob. LOTS more) are just arguing about NOTHING related to fishing. As I said, my rant is done. I've made my opinion known how I feel about the former and current heads of WDFW and the majority of comm. who are bought and sold. Go talk to yourself. Bob R

Hey new fish.

Good job of alienating a potential ally. Keep sh!tting in your own bed and let me know how the fight is going for you.

Your posts on this thread make me want to get behind commercial netters, tribal netters and dam builders. If that was your objective, then good job. If not, then you might want to try different tactics next time.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1010341 - 06/11/19 06:09 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Dan S.]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

popcorn

#1010345 - 06/11/19 06:32 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Somebody here collects ALOT of insurance money, and isn't in business to pass the savings along to its customers...kinda like WDFW, and it's shareholders. The sooner salmon and steelhead go away and we can double down on bass, crappie, and planter trout, the better.

#1010353 - 06/11/19 09:32 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: cohoangler]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
Coho Angler,

I understand the pressures that WDFW fish leadership face every day and continue to be more than disappointed in their lack of doing what is right. I think that they should have to take an Oath of Office like the Officers do and be held accountable. The public can file complaints against individual officers and they are all investigated, at least they were in the past. Officers can be disciplined for violating their oath and even sued - ask me. The Commission is backsliding (collectively, not individually), and becoming an embarrassment on the salmon/steelhead issues..

#1010373 - 06/12/19 08:44 AM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

I miss the days when Tug wore a badge.
Good years hanging out over at Barry's.

#1010375 - 06/12/19 08:45 AM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Bob,
Is this considered a report?

"I'm going fishing again this weekend. Last trip out was one to remember.Bob R"

Perhaps you would like to elaborate or post some pictures for the folks here to enjoy?

#1010391 - 06/12/19 12:25 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
darth baiter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: United States
I don't understand WDFW. The lazy, lying POS's from the FW Commission on down to the fish checkers, who sit around all day only to collect a paycheck and dream up new ways to screw over the sport fishermen, only pretend to listen to me and never do as I tell them. The bastards.

#1010392 - 06/12/19 01:34 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: cohoangler]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: cohoangler
Let’s not overreact.

The positions being created are likely because some folks are retiring, so the WDFW Director is re-organizing upper level operations. New positions require new money. And the last I saw, WDFW is getting less money, not more. So the new positions are likely just rearranging the functions with no increase in personnel, and reduced funding.

We can all express our opinions about WDFW but we may not fully understand the forces they face every day. They are caught between State politicians, F/W Commission members, Federal restrictions (ESA), Tribal expectations and pressures, historic expectations (particularly for hatcheries and stocking), fewer on-the-ground staff and resources, biological/social/economic realities, and some startling policy decisions beyond their control (F/W Commission).

I don’t envy the situation that WDFW leadership has to face, but it’s the reality they deal with every day they walk into their offices.

Cohoangler,

Possibly, but that's not what Susewind said. Sounds like these are new positions created between the current 1st and 2nd tiers of management, and new additional FTEs to overall staffing. Not a re-arrangement or shuffling. Something will have to give somewhere else to free up the money, like discontinuing the popular Skagit steelhead fishery (monitoring cost = $200k/yr) to close the Department's $20 million biennium budget shortfall.

#1010393 - 06/12/19 02:47 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: Rivrguy]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Don't worry WDFW will lie to you in writing to make you feel better.

#1010409 - 06/12/19 09:20 PM Re: CHANGES IN WDFW [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Bob,
Is this considered a report?

"I'm going fishing again this weekend. Last trip out was one to remember.Bob R"

Perhaps you would like to elaborate or post some pictures for the folks here to enjoy?

10 years too late

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |