Boat burns off of Westport

Posted by: Todd

Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 10:59 AM

Looks like the Ms. Magoo went down in flames last night...it's a charter boat, but was working as a commercial vessel when the fire happened...two crewman were rescued by the USCG.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_charter_boat_fire.html?source=mypi

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:02 AM

Todd, the Magoo did the saving according to the article confused

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:04 AM

Ah, yer right...looks like it was The Titan that went down...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sol

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:21 AM

In Todd we trust? You'd be entertaining as legal council in a court room.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:27 AM

I was...it's "counsel", by the way...though I doubt I'll ever be as entertaining as you have been smile

Glad to see you back, by the way.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:32 AM

I'll see if I can get a few more details. I know Dave, captain of the Ms. Magoo. Dave earned some Karma points for sure on that one, cutting a charter short and all.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:32 AM

I freaked when you said it was the Magoo......spent some good times with a great crew on her......glad no one was hurt. Sounds like the CG was busy yesterday.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 12:12 PM

I knew that a lot of you had fished on the Magoo...when I heard it on the news last night they were a little confused as to which boat was rescuing which, and when they said it was a charter boat working as a commercial boat, it confused me, too...I thought it was the Magoo and didn't read the article closely that I put up.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 12:49 PM

The Titan was a POS, it was docked at the end of the dock by Deep Sea Chaters a few years back.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 12:56 PM

I'll be honest with you. Anymore I respond to quite a few threads, pause to re-read and ponder my humor before hitting the "post" button, and nine times in ten end up deleting it instead.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol
I'll be honest with you. Anymore I respond to quite a few threads, pause to re-read and ponder my humor before hitting the "post" button, and nine times in ten end up deleting it instead.

Probably not a bad move...but you shouldn't limit yourself so much, try and keep it to 6 out of 10, and contribute more! smile

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 01:11 PM

Dave takes very good care of the Magoo and he is the kinda guy that here's a distress call on the radio and yells out the door "pull um up we're going for a ride"

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 01:49 PM

I started typing the lyrics to the Guns N' Roses song, "I used to love her" on the North river thread before I was overcome by a sense of poor taste. Years ago I would have launched it anyway and fired up shi%storm for "entertainment" purposes. Guess I'm getting old. smile

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 02:07 PM

I just realized the Titan is one of our boats. Ouch.

Sol, throw caution to the wind. What's the worst thing that can happen? Get banned?

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 02:09 PM

I started typing the lyrics to the Guns N' Roses song, "I used to love her" on the North river thread before I was overcome by a sense of poor taste. Years ago I would have launched it anyway and fired up shi%storm for "entertainment" purposes. Guess I'm getting old. smile

Yeah...probably want to make that one of the 6/10 you chuckle at, and then don't post smile

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 03:10 PM

"grammar"

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. gone fishin'.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 03:58 PM

Spelling too.. (Sorry Marsha)
Posted by: Mikespike

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 05:44 PM

I was tempted to delve into poor taste on that thread as well, which probably explains why i laughed at so many of your posts in the past. I say 'go for it', i doubt you'll be joining BS on banned IP island.

Also, when it comes down to serious fish info, you know your sh1t. smile

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 06:01 PM

Generator fire. The owner and his brother were out fishing for tuna. Luckily everyone got out okay.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 06:21 PM

Good reminder to check those fire extinguishers, or at the very least, remember where they are in the boat and put them someplace highly visible where a deckhand can quickly grab it too!
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 06:55 PM

Sol doesn't need to be pushed.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Good reminder to check those fire extinguishers, or at the very least, remember where they are in the boat and put them someplace highly visible where a deckhand can quickly grab it too!

OK Mr. Deckhand I'll remind ya.
1 is in the engine compartment
1 is under the sink
1 is next to the toilet
1 is where the Penelton is stashed

I'll test ya in a week
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 07:48 PM

Reading the title of the thread, I got a shiver up my back. Few things wierd me out more than the idea of a fire when I'm on board a boat. When I was in the Navy, we had the fire alarm sound off in the middle of the night a couple of times. I needed to clean my jammies.
Glad everybody got back safe. Fire on a boat is nasty.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Bucket
Originally Posted By: NOFISH

OK Mr. Deckhand I'll remind ya.
1 is in the engine compartment
1 is under the sink
1 is next to the toilet
1 is where the Penelton is stashed

I'll test ya in a week

That one next to the toilet has put out more than one fire already......better check it rofl

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 08:10 PM

I save it for friends in person anymore. Too many people on here that should be writing angry letters to the government rather than lighting me up for humor they choose to object to.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 10:12 PM

Dang Ripley.... guess I should have read the article first.

I just told a buddy it was the Magoo that went down in flames.

Wrong again.... damn I hate retractions.

Re: Boat burns off of Westport - 09/15/09 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fishNphysician
Dang Ripley.... guess I should have read the article first.

I just told a buddy it was the Magoo that went down in flames.

Wrong again.... damn I hate retractions.

Ya, you had better fix that Doc---Chances of the Magoo goin done in flames is slight. Darn, I just remembered I've got a good friend out on her right now. The prayers just started fer a safe return.