Help....Might have "new jet boat built"

Posted by: DrifterWA

Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 01:29 PM

I really serious: Want ideas, on size, what options you'd have built on...... and size of motor, 2 stroke???? 4 stroke?????? How wide, on bottom????

As many of you know...I have have a 15' 6" custom built River Wild boat...has a 2 stroke 60/40 Mercury and 8 hp Yamaha.....does great with myself or one other but sits low in the water and comming "out of the hole" not close to many other boats I see....

Fish.....Chehalis, Satsop, and Wynoochee

Not a guide so don't need 20' ..... like open and tiller handle....

Going to Portland tomorrow..."Sportsmens Show"....help me out.....
Posted by: Mystical Legends

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 01:33 PM

For what you do I think the 17ft Thor Mike makes is what would be the shizzz. Those River Wilds are very nice boats, I bet if you were to talk with them they would build you whatever you need. Motor 90/65 2 stroke on a Thor 17
Posted by: deerlick

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Mystical Legends
For what you do I think the 17ft Thor Mike makes is what would be the shizzz. Those River Wilds are very nice boats, I bet if you were to talk with them they would build you whatever you need. Motor 90/65 2 stroke on a Thor 17

yeah, thats definetly the way i'd go for where you fish.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 02:57 PM

What Phil & deerlick said.17' Thor built local,4 degree bottom with a 90/60 merc jet two stroke.My 18' LT alumaweld 6 degree bottom has worked out just fine for all those systems you have listed,it's just a little heavier then the Thor.I have the 115/80 jet yami 4 stroke which is nice when runnin out @ John's river and the halis.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: large edward

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 04:01 PM

Unless you've already been pricing new boats out lately, get ready for a shock!
Posted by: Blackjaw

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 04:23 PM

If RB boats is at the show, stop by and pick his brain on different dgree hulls/boat widths/accessories, etc.
Posted by: fp

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 04:33 PM

Stop by WIllie Boats at the Portland show. 2nd to none for a sled. Been runnin' the crap ot of mine and it's going on 18 years and still "simply the best".

They make 17-18 footers so you should find exactly what you want. Plain hull with a wide bottom and not much gingerbread will keep the price down a bit.

Talk to Jim Biddle and tell him I sent ya and you are poor like me and want a deal. Also, if you run into Gary Early at the Willie booth tell him HI for me. I am sure they will deal with you. If interested I'll call them and tell them you are on the way and get the eraser out and lower the price.

fp
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 06:07 PM

Willie predator 17 with tunnel Yamaha 115/80 merc 4 stroke merc kicker 8 0r 9.9 lee lock anchor gunell lights tractor light for the floor wash down think storage allways nice. Kinda wish we had head lights ? forward batteries .fish box think storage. Have fun.
Posted by: BossMan

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 06:10 PM

You might as well add Koffler to the mix. They built me an 18' open sled three years ago and I was very pleased with the boat and they are great people to work with.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 06:38 PM

thanks for all the comments so far........

Heading down tomorrow, Sportsmen Show.......will talk to all of them....Tried to call ThorBuilt but got no answer......I'm doing this now so I have time to make a "good decision" ,have boat made, etc. before 9/16...

Large Edward.....I know, prices are all "scary".......but I saw fee's allow to be charged for my wife, at Fred Hutchinson and other places, that I could have bought half the town of Aberdeen new custom made boats....

Keep comments comming.........
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 06:50 PM

You've got a great boat, Bill! Just need to re-power the main.

That and check to see how much floatation is waterlogged if you're concerned about how low she sits in the water.
Posted by: cobble cruiser

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
You've got a great boat, Bill! Just need to re-power the main.

That and check to see how much floatation is waterlogged if you're concerned about how low she sits in the water.

Good idea.
Here's one you might think about. Light, powerful and clean running.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Engines/ETEC_INLINES/ETEC_90_INLINE[/url]

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 10:33 PM

Have you ever made your pump "hot"? It helps and might
save you from buying a new boat. I have the means to fix it.

fp

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 11:25 PM

DrifterWa - I have a custom-built 16.5'x66" Koffler with a 65 Merc jet. Great boats made by a great family business, Joe is super to work with. I had the original floorboards replaced by Koffler with sandblasted diamondplate and I really like the change. A bonus was the removal of about 250 pounds of waterlogged flotation from under the old floor. Boat goes like hell now and is a great 3-man boat for boondogging or fishing off anchor. However, I was dreaming about a 4-man boat and looked hard at the Puy show at both an 18'x72" and 20'x72" Koffler, the Willie sled that was owned by one of their reps at the show, the unfinished R&B, and the new 20' Hawgquest Wooldridge. I know what I'm getting with a Koffler, but was really disappointed with the Willie. The R&B boat was too raw. The build quality of the pimped out Wooldridge really impressed me. I've always thought Wooldridges were butt hole looking but I came away with a different impression. It better be nice for $58K. If you wanted the Kofflers with a 150 Optimax, but swapped out the marginal trailers they sat on for a Koffler-built trailer (which I would recommend), you're looking at mid-30s for the 18' and close to 40K for the 20'. Have fun and good luck.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/10/11 11:59 PM

eyefish, fp, cobbler cruiser, and others

1. no water logged floatation in my boat.....it was never put in.

2. not sure transom would take a 90/65...quite a bit of weight over the 60/40.

3. Have looked into the 4 blades stainless for the 60/40.....don't make one....I was told.

4. Etech.....someone, from Olympia, was suppose to get back to me with prices.....but haven't.

5. I did call Mike at Thor built...we talked............

This time tomorrow.......I'll know a lot more........even talked with Woolridge today.....not sure they "want to build" what I'd like!!!!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 12:22 AM

I was not talking about 4 blade.

fp
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 04:16 AM

Um, Black Bart had a custom >16 Willie for sale last fall. He used to wobble the riffle above the greenbank. Perhaps a short, wide, pre'owned boat might suite your needs?
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 11:56 AM

I wonder if your motor is doggy for some reason Bill?

You know my motor is the same as yours, only 1 year older (has a 45 on the cowling not a 40). Our boat is simple, but I fished 4 people (including Elkman, and he's like 6'5") all over the Satsop a couple weeks ago and it wasn't that bad...
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: BossMan
You might as well add Koffler to the mix. They built me an 18' open sled three years ago and I was very pleased with the boat and they are great people to work with.

Without a doubt. Koffler and Thor Builts are the best river boats made for the Cow/Lewis/Columbia types....

Keith
Posted by: boater

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 12:20 PM

i`d talk to wooldridge about having an 18 alaskan XL made, you can get a less pimped out model for a decent price

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: boater
i`d talk to wooldridge about having an 18 alaskan XL made, you can get a less pimped out model for a decent price

Couldn't agree more. Glen's family is responsible for the modern jetboat as we know it. I would listen to every piece of advice the man has to give. There is also a center console 17 AK with a 90/65 yam 4 stroke available in the pre owned link on their website. www.piscatorialpursuits.com

For some crazy reason the link is actually wooldridge but says PP. Just push it anyway.

Posted by: Fish Stalker

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 07:06 PM

Might be a reason why Alumaweld is the #1 sold river boat out there....jsut sayin

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Stalker
Might be a reason why Alumaweld is the #1 sold river boat out there....jsut sayin

Everyone has their favorites for different reasons. thumbs
Posted by: djsmith46

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 08:23 PM

Thor 17' x 66". 90 hp 2 stroke. PM sent as well. I didn't want to trash anyones favorite manufacturer.
Posted by: ColeyG

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: large edward
but was really disappointed with the Willie.

What disappointed you about the Willie?

After having spent time in North River, Boulton, Woolridge, Willies, and Alumaworthless river boats, I have yet to find one I like better than Willies.

The Classic, Predator, and Legend hull designs are all worth a look depending on your specific preferences and chosen water.

With the rivers DrifterWA has in mind, a fairly low angle bow tapering to flat in the back, perhaps even a tunnel hull, would seem to be a decent choice given the wide range of water depth/conditions.

As for motor, see what the manufacturer recommends for HP based on the boats specs, add a little more, and get whichever is the lightest between Yamaha, Honda, or Suzuki
Posted by: stlhdr42

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 10:51 PM

Another vote for a 17ft thor or koffler. Saw a nice black 17ft thor built for sale not long ago somewhere online. If you search around you would probably find it. Or you can buy my 18ft super vee, I am in the market for a big barge.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
but was really disappointed with the Willie.

What disappointed you about the Willie?

The boats on the Willie's web site look sweet, but the example boat they brought to the Puy show was ugly and outdated. It had camo paint inside and out and an above-floor fuel tank sitting up front, but behind the bow deck. The tank height and deck height were different, kind of like what I've seen in Alumawelds. To me, that's an accident waiting to happen for anybody fishing up front while motordogging.
Posted by: Raptor24

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/11/11 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Originally Posted By: BossMan

Without a doubt. Koffler and Thor Builts are the best river boats made for the Cow/Lewis/Columbia types....

Keith

Ya the Koffler and the Thor are nice boats, but Raptor is a way better Columbia boat, at least with a Raptor you will still have your kidneys attached with the Columbia River wind waves.
DrifterWa- I would really looked into the Willie Predator 5 degree tunnel hull. I do rep work with the Northwest Willie rep and if you wanna talk about some options, send me a pm and we can talk.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 02:39 AM

I went, I saw, I talked, I looked, I questioned, I bought.........

Custom made.........17', 72" bottom, lot's of bells and whistles, ETech 90, gas tank, fish box under floor, diamond plate flooring, running lights, wash down pump, 2 batteries(up front), tachometer, Pro transom(neat item), auto bilge, Welded tramson eyes, 5 cleats, 8" wide side trays, gunnel w/rubber sliders(neat item also), 27" sides, 4 legged chair, fuse panel, fuel guage, diamond plae bow guard, step deck hatch, galvanized trailer 2400, with extra long side guides....I'm sure there is more and the price is $XXXXX.XX...

Should be ready in about 2.5 months........

Thanks for all that made recommendations......when you see, I'm sure you'll like.....

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 04:09 AM

Well, let's have it...

Not a Willies.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 04:18 AM

Another E-Tec added to the local ranks.

I'm startin' to feel little less and less like a misfit after all.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 04:24 AM

What are you doing up so late doc? Don't you have lives to save or something?

As for the engine, if it wasn't made by evinrude, the e-tec would actually be a decent engine wink
Posted by: Todd

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 04:27 AM

What are you doing up so late doc? Don't you have lives to save or something?

I was just about to ask you the same thing, Ranger!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 04:31 AM

What are you doing up so late doc?

Ancient Chinese Secret.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
What are you doing up so late doc?

Ancient Chinese Secret.

Up late doing laundry?

"We need more Calgon!"

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Eric

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 08:39 AM

Holy crap!

Do ANY of you guys ever sleep?

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 11:15 AM

Cool, congratulations. My guess from your description is that you went with the Wooldridge. I lover my open Koffler, but like I said the Wooldridge I saw at the Puy show was very impressive.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 11:39 AM

That is what I thought as well but the dimensions threw me off a bit.

Drifter, You know wer'e just havin' fun with this but seriously....................................................The suspense is killin' us! grin

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
I went, I saw, I talked, I looked, I questioned, I bought.........

Custom made.........17', 72" bottom, lot's of bells and whistles, ETech 90, gas tank, fish box under floor, diamond plate flooring, running lights, wash down pump, 2 batteries(up front), tachometer, Pro transom(neat item), auto bilge, Welded tramson eyes, 5 cleats, 8" wide side trays, gunnel w/rubber sliders(neat item also), 27" sides, 4 legged chair, fuse panel, fuel guage, diamond plae bow guard, step deck hatch, galvanized trailer 2400, with extra long side guides....I'm sure there is more and the price is $XXXXX.XX...

Should be ready in about 2.5 months........

Thanks for all that made recommendations......when you see, I'm sure you'll like.....

Sounds like a very nice boat.... Love the 17'x72", that will be one heck of a platform!

Keith

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 11:43 AM

sound like a thor built?
Posted by: RognSue

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 12:01 PM

The REAL question is...How much for the old boat??? And wheres the pictures???

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 02:23 PM

Cool, congratulations. My guess from your description is that you went with the Wooldridge. I lover my open Koffler, but like I said the Wooldridge I saw at the Puy show was very impressive.

100% guaranteed not a Wooldridge. Glen makes what he makes. He wont make a 17' with those dimensions unless he has recently started building a new model.
Posted by: boater

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: djsmith46

He wont make a 17' with those dimensions unless he has recently started building a new model.

they build the sport and it`s 17 x 72.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: boater

He wont make a 17' with those dimensions unless he has recently started building a new model.

they build the sport and it`s 17 x 72.

You are correct but drifter wouldn't buy a sport for his fishing applications. A sport has something like 18 degrees in the bow and ten in the back. I apologize for not clarifying. The Alaskan is the only model close to what drifter might need. And Glen doesnt make it in those dimensions..

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 06:00 PM

100% guaranteed not a Wooldridge. Glen makes what he makes. He wont make a 17' with those dimensions unless he has recently started building a new model.

You need to chill out.

I had a little fun making an educated guess from the boat description, Evinrude power, and what I saw on the HQ boat, that it sounded like a Wooldridge.

I guess only DrifterWa can settle the speculation.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 06:28 PM

Isn't Custom Made an actual brand of boat?

Keith

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 06:45 PM

You need to chill out.

I had a little fun making an educated guess from the boat description, Evinrude power, and what I saw on the HQ boat, that it sounded like a Wooldridge.

I guess only DrifterWa can settle the speculation.

I think you misunderstood my tone. But I am deeply sorry I hurt your feelings. But once again I assure you it's not a Wooldridge unless Glen is making custom "dimensioned" sleds or has created a new model. I would never want to upset a man with a computer name with "large" in it.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 08:14 PM

I think I'll get over it.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 09:39 PM

Custom Made makes a nice boat..didn't know they made a little boat like that. Should float high..congrats!!!!!

Whatta ya going to do with old boat?
Posted by: firemanchris

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 10:07 PM

My guess is DrifterWa is happy enough with the River Wild he ordered another.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/12/11 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: firemanchris
My guess is DrifterWa is happy enough with the River Wild he ordered another.

That may not be a bad guess. I think my guess will be Willie. Whatever it is it sure does sound cool!
Posted by: Wacenturion

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/13/11 12:14 AM

Irregardless of what it is....congratulations on your new boat. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/13/11 12:58 AM

Well I dont think that Thor has a booth at the show...my guess is RB....custom

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/13/11 04:11 AM

Bingo............Someone got it.......

Not Woolridge but I did talk with them ....AGAIN...did in 1997 also.....pretty ridge in thier thinking but they are changing, slowly. Think maybe the competition has speeded up the change.

Not Thorbuilt.....did call and talk with Mike, he sent me pic's of one that a customer ordered that decided to go a different way. Thorbuilt are great boats....and some guides use them.

Willies----nope, another awesome boat, great web page for greating ideas on accessories......

Alumaweld......another "stamped out boat", I see them all the time, just didn't have my wants.

R and B....Looked it over, closely, has some nice features. He will build what you want..... just didn't have ??????

Koffler....very nice boat, lot's of nice features and accessories, might have been 2nd or 3rd choice.

North River....still in business, very nice boat, just not what I wanted

........So the boat I chose to buy..........River Wild, was happy with my present boat, and the owner hit my price range, with the features I wanted on a bigger sled.......so why change????????

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/13/11 09:33 AM

Congrats Drifter. That makes sense if you were happy with your last River Wild. I will be interested how that 72" wide bottom on a 17' platform will free drift. It should be awesome! And I thought my 17x66 was wide.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/13/11 11:04 AM

Just checked out the River Wild site, nice looking boats.

Might not fit in with your plans, but I sure wish I had my Koffler built with double tackle trays for very convenient yet out of the way storage.

I believe you are going with a tiller set up and am curious as to how much floor space, front to back, you are getting with that boat. I have 10'10" in my 16.5' from the back of the bow compartment to the transom.

I'd love to have the floor length for another guy while motordogging, but my boat + $27K for 2 more feet of length didn't drive a business case that closed for me.

I can dream though... Hope we get to see some pics of your new baby.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/14/11 08:41 AM

Nice

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/14/11 12:03 PM

How do you guys think the 90/65 will push a 17X66 thor or the 17x72 boat that he just ordered?

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/14/11 12:21 PM

Great boat and I think the price point on them is key..Great quality good price.

I had a 18 Super V with a 90/65 2 stroke yamaha and it did great not the fastest boat but got up very quick. I think it'll be pefect for what he needs it to do.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/14/11 03:44 PM

How do you guys think the 90/65 will push a 17X66 thor or the 17x72 boat that he just ordered?

Personally, I would go with a 115. I run a 90/65 on my 16'x66" and there are times I would like more poop, especially with 4 fat boys in it.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/14/11 04:01 PM

Nice boat,Cool stuff.It's always fun to get what ya want.17' by 72" is a nice dance floor,but with a 90/65 jet seems like a dog out of the hole to me,but what do I know.I started out with a 90/65 jet merc for my 18' LT which did ok just wasn't gonna beat any one off the line or in the long run.After 2 years I went with a 115/80 yami 4 stroke and glad I did.What it got me was a more level floating boat and not so bow heavy.Max'ed out the HP rating and a little more top end speed,out of the hole was the same over all.I'm gonna do some work on my pump and change a couple things,like make it "HOT" for that hole shot situation.Congrates on the new purchase and see ya out in the monte area getin-R- Dun.Good luck,
SZ

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/16/11 07:30 AM

Large Edward:

The double tackle trays are important....I just forgot on the initial order. It's not a accessory that many boat builders really push.

Strakes, another item that doesn't seem to be a "biggie" with many boat builders. Now Duckworth seems to feel that are important, for both "lift and speed control".....Wish I knew more about "strakes".......Any comments??????

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/16/11 11:32 AM

Getting on step has alot to do with the hull's footprint or platform on the water. More horsepower is always nice but getting on step has more to do with how the boat is balanced from bow to stern in the water. As an example I owned a 17 foot sled with a 115 2 stroke Merc. It seemed to get on step okay but my 21 foot sled with a 115 4 stroke got up on step just as fast due to the length and balance of the hull despite the sluggish 4 stroke. This is the same reason why smaller hulls with a tiller sink a bit in the rear.

Definitely something to be said about the advantages of a smaller sled however. Was very nice at the boat launch putting in and taking out when other boats were just too long to do either. Ease of handling due to how much lighter a smaller sled can be a definite plus.

My 1 cent. smile

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/16/11 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Strakes, another item that doesn't seem to be a "biggie" with many boat builders. Now Duckworth seems to feel that are important, for both "lift and speed control".....Wish I knew more about "strakes".......Any comments??????

Yeah, I don't know much about strakes either except for what I read on-line. I do know my Koffler has them.

I agree with the comments about advantages of a smaller sled especially at the launch. I also have oars on my sled, and wouldn't run one without them. Very handy for adjusting the boat position when making "stealthy" anchor drops, correcting boat position when boondogging, manuevering around launches, etc.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/16/11 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
Nice boat,Cool stuff.It's always fun to get what ya want.17' by 72" is a nice dance floor,but with a 90/65 jet seems like a dog out of the hole to me,but what do I know.I started out with a 90/65 jet merc for my 18' LT which did ok just wasn't gonna beat any one off the line or in the long run.After 2 years I went with a 115/80 yami 4 stroke and glad I did.What it got me was a more level floating boat and not so bow heavy.Max'ed out the HP rating and a little more top end speed,out of the hole was the same over all.I'm gonna do some work on my pump and change a couple things,like make it "HOT" for that hole shot situation.Congrates on the new purchase and see ya out in the monte area getin-R- Dun.Good luck,
SZ

Why were you so bow heavy? No kicker? Gas tank in the front? Fishing with a lot of big dudes? Or all of the above?

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/16/11 05:03 PM

If I was consistently fishing three plus me I would have a 115 on my Thor 17x66. But that's a lot of dudes for a 17 foot boat. The problem with the bigger motors is when you're fishing just yourself, or you and one other, a lot of times the stern will sit deep in the water, which affects how the boat tracks while side drifting, backtrolling etc. And it also affects what you can drift over.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/23/11 11:18 PM

Decided to keep the economy going as well----one week away till I get to pick up a new 17ft Thor built!!!

Just ordered the Hummingbird 596c HD DI and a gauntlet of Folbe rod holders through KONEZONE.COM's site.

no seat boxes in the boat just an open platform and a couple of pedistal seats-Running a 90HP MERC (though according to this thread they are junk?) as well as a 2stroke 8hp kicker for trolling and a 80lb thrust electric for hover/side drifting

Ill post pictures later next week hopefully with some chrome in it!!!!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/23/11 11:51 PM

Decided to keep the economy going as well----one week away till I get to pick up a new 17ft Thor built!!!

Just ordered the Hummingbird 596c HD DI and a gauntlet of Folbe rod holders through KONEZONE.COM's site.

no seat boxes in the boat just an open platform and a couple of pedistal seats-Running a 90HP MERC (though according to this thread they are junk?) as well as a 2stroke 8hp kicker for trolling and a 80lb thrust electric for hover/side drifting

Ill post pictures later next week hopefully with some chrome in it!!!!

me too, new 18ft willie classic with 90/65 e-tec, either tomorrow or monday i bring it home, would have gone thor but the willie boys hooked me up real good.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 02/23/11 11:55 PM

Right on man! Look foward to seing some pictures of it!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 02:51 PM

Well? lets see the pictures of the new sleds!!! pick mine up tomorrow

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 03:40 PM

thumbs thumbs

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 05:55 PM

my new willie classic 18' 90/65 etec. I cant thank the guys from willie enough on the deal they made me. special thanks to raptor24 on here for setting me up with them.
Posted by: Raptor24

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 08:49 PM

Anytime bro, you got a sweet azz sled! I need to get me one now and we will be set. Those classics are sure bad azz.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 09:20 PM

Deerlick:

Impressive.......Love the paint job........I really want to know how the Etech pushes that boat???? I assume 95/65????

You got your boats built faster than I will......When might is done....I'll post pic's and price........

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:21 PM

mine was a almost no hour demo boat so it was ready tight away and the 90/65 etec pushes it great. with three guys in it it jumps up on plane right away and cruises at a nice speed. havent had 4 guys in it yet but it didnt feel underpowered at all with three and a dog. uses way less gas than my old 18' supervee with a 115/80 from 1993. it even was fishy is first trip out.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:35 PM

GREAT LOOKING SLED! CAN WE SEE A PICTURE OF THE INSIDE? ANY COOL OPTIONS THAT YOU GOT THAT AREN"T STANDARD?

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:37 PM

Maybe we should have a summer run fish off with our new sleds....I know who I got in mine already!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:39 PM

havent taken any pics of inside yet.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:40 PM

Maybe we should have a summer run fish off with our new sleds....I know who I got in mine already!

Who?

Keith

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 10:44 PM

pretty sure we might have the Ace in the hole eh 9?

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 11:07 PM

pretty sure we might have the Ace in the hole eh 9?

Could and should and would likely..... Own it........

C'mon brand new Thor built? Built by one of the best side drifters on the west coast. I'm pretty sure the boat will win, with no one on the tiller....

Keith

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/11/11 11:25 PM

im just a squirel trying to get a NUT

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/12/11 12:47 AM

im just a squirel trying to get a NUT

Get them squirrel nails out and dig deep......

Keith
Posted by: firemanchris

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/13/11 06:31 PM

How about some pics of that new ride !!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/15/11 08:11 PM

I'll have more picts to come this weekend, here are 2 I took with my iphone.....

17ft Thor built
90/65 - 2 stroke yamaha
used 8hp 2 stroke mercury kicker
597 ci di Hummingbird down image fish finder
5 Folbe Rod holders on sliding mounts
6ft in floor fish box
12volt and 24volt battery system with on board charger
derks anchor system
xtra wide rod trays
Washdown system

Should fish pretty damn good!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/15/11 11:14 PM

I'll have more picts to come this weekend, here are 2 I took with my iphone.....

17ft Thor built
90/65 - 2 stroke yamaha
6ft in floor fish box
derks anchor system
xtra wide rod trays
Washdown system

That boat will own it! I can't wait for the first ride!!

Damn near impossible to beat a Thor built boat, they are machines for those that understand fishing!

Keith thumbs

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/15/11 11:34 PM

That Thor is awesome and the motor is a perfect match.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/16/11 11:12 AM

cool

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/16/11 01:35 PM

Fish Stalker:

I like the setup......The boat I'm having built, will be similar. Only major difference will be motor......90/65 ETech

Like the fish box in the floor and the wide tackle trays, good call...

When I finally get mine.....I'll picture it....then tell pricing....!!!!!

Hope ya get "some blood" in it soon......

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/16/11 03:46 PM

Right on man! that Etec will be awesome...

I wasnt as concerned with price as I was performance and features that I wanted.

I hope you got a smokin deal!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/16/11 06:22 PM

That's a great set up fish stalker. Congrats!
Posted by: ironhead

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/16/11 11:09 PM

Fishstalker, Was it a boat that you speced and ordered or did he have it already built ? Anyway I have always admired and wanted one of his boats. They float awesome. Real fish catching machines.

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/18/11 02:08 PM

17ft Thor built
90/65 - 2 stroke yamaha
6ft in floor fish box
derks anchor system
xtra wide rod trays
Washdown system

I had the pleasure of running this boat last night. Hands down, the nicest most responsive 17 footer I've ran. Extremely impressed!!

Three thumbs up to Mike Sexson for building a top notch boat...

Keith thumbs

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/18/11 03:11 PM

Sure was fun-Can wait to drift for some summers!
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/19/11 01:12 AM

Saweet ride! Dibs on a seat, biatch! laugh

I don't see where the pole is installed. Where do the strippers dance?

I'm in on Team Fish Stalker! thumbs

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/19/11 02:21 AM

its team Jesus Logs and since you are part of the OG team (original gangster) we can make that happen!

WE BE TROLLIN FO SPRINGA

BRING DOWN A HALF GALLON OF CROWN OR PENDLETON AND LETS SMOKE SOME TATONKA!

Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" - 03/19/11 11:03 AM

its team Jesus Logs and since you are part of the OG team (original gangster) we can make that happen!

WE BE TROLLIN FO SPRINGA aka FLIPPO

BRING DOWN A HALF GALLON OF CROWN OR PENDLETON AND LETS SMOKE SOME TATONKA!

rofl rofl

Keith