BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video

Posted by: Cobbly Cruiser

BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 12:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO4s4P7eFk4&feature=youtube_gdata_player [url=http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com]
Posted by: Todd

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 12:53 PM

Didn't watch the video...but I've done some reading on the proposed project before...the combination of the ultra-destructive tar sand extraction methods, a trans-continental pipeline, and gigantic supertankers going through tight and twisted fjords for hundres of miles, this is just another project that is one small and virtually certain to happen fuckup away from something worse than the Valdez fuckup, or the Gulf spill fuckup.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sebastes

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 02:22 PM

The anti-pipeline group that produced this video have put big bucks into producing it.

The Tar Sands projects are all about money. It is fueling Alberta's economy which is
booming.

I'm sure Albertans will be for such a pipeline, BC er's mostly against.

Having been throughout the B.C. region where this project will occur if built and the shipping routes, and to Alberta's Tar Sand on photographic assignments, these scenes are familiar.

I would expect that the risks will be similar to the trans-Alaska Pipeline.

Projects like this and the Bristol Bay watershed Pebble Mine and a
proposed B.C. hydro project on the Peace River, can have significant
impact on these regions.

I'm not keen on the idea of the proposed pipeline, but I expect it is all going to be about money, so we will see what happens.

Posted by: SBD

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 02:22 PM

The whole thing is insane the biggest market in the World is right here and they want to start exporting NG and Crude just so companys that pay 0 or very little taxes can stick it to everyone in North America.
Posted by: Fishrhead

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 04:57 PM

The only reason for that is a 100,000,000 in the bank at the end of the year, they don't need the oil, the trees, the fish, the jobs, the tackle shops, the publicity, the pride, the knowledge, the life, the middle-fingers, the spirit bears, or any guy named fishrhead with a 100/0 Gamakatsu si-wash in his hand ready to do his business.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/20/11 05:24 PM

That's F'd up chit.Hopefully it doesn't happen.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: gooybob

Re: BC Fish & Wildlife & Enbridge- Must Watch Video - 10/21/11 04:30 PM

Greed once again tries to overpower common sense. I for one am so sick of greedy "profit at any cost" companies that don't give a [censored] about anything but filling the pockets of the @ssholes (major stock holders) that drive this sh!t. There may be a time when they say "What have we done?".....but by then it will be too late. By then no amount of money will be able to save them or us. People say they want smaller government and deregulation. Who are those people? The same d-bags that are making the money. I have no problem with making money...it's just when it's done by screwing the environment and the common man that makes me sick. I've worked in corporate America and I'm glad I'm away from it because it really was causing a heartfelt conflict inside of me so I bailed and will never go back! I will starve rather than go back. Take a look at Bank of America, Chase Bank and the other big banks and oil companies etc. They say they contribute to environmental causes....and they do but it's a mere token as opposed to the damage they do.