A quiet Skok opener....

Posted by: On The Swing

A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 02:35 AM

Great day on the water! Glad to get away from the hordes of people, have to sacrifice a bit, the fish aren't as bright as the tidewater fish a couple miles down but solitude comes at a price, and on the table these two cut up quite well! A nice yummy tail roast for dinner and the rest goes to the smoker....mmmm garlic and tabasco sweet smoke, who wants some!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZqYvU_WJY&feature=plcp
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 09:50 AM

Edgar showed you his secret spot, I see. Well played!
Posted by: tommyhydro

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 11:39 AM

nice fish, not so sure I dig the soundtrack....but good video thumbs

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 02:58 PM

thanks guys...sorry tommy, music is such a fickle thing with people, I'll change for the next one just for you smile but for the most part I'm just learning how to edit again and looking for easy beat drops with stuff already on the comp...if only I had the ear and skill for it that Takedown has but hey, its all in fun, maybe you'll like this next one more wink

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 04:01 PM

Can't wait for the next one, being stuck in NJ for the time being, watching all your guys videos kinda makes me feel like I'm back home. I have a weird taste in music anyways. Keep putting them out thumbs
Posted by: fp

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 07:15 PM

Nice going ots. One of the better sound tracks too!

Ya might think about changing yer moniker to On The Bobber though!

fp

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/11/12 07:52 PM

HA! thanks Fp....it's more of a "way of life" kinda thing though....

...didn't take me nearly that long today for limits and the bobber went down ON camera so here comes another to keep your eyes happy!

~so now I see that some of the timelapse stuff is a bit jerky and I lost a sound clip but I'm just too tired to mess with it now, here is the "rough cut" of bobber-downs, quick limits and solitude on the Skokomish!

..and they say these fish dont bite.. beathead ..Hope yall like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thPWNHkUHSw

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 12:45 AM

bump

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 02:35 AM

Was that the English Pete patented BFS I saw early in the video? Nicely done, again.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 03:04 AM

sorry dog I dont get the reference...and in no way shape or form do I like to have my name in the same sentence as that man, just sayin...i am intrigued though as to the BFS, can you enlighten me?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 07:40 AM

killer!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 10:45 AM

Bfs = big freakin stick. Also know as fish bonkin stick.
Bfr= big freakin rock. Aka fish bonkin rock.

No offense meant.
Posted by: Eric

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/12/12 09:08 PM

Nice vid OTS. Enjoyed the takedowns.

Where/how do you mount your camera. Have been considering doing something similar on my solo trips.
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/13/12 01:27 PM

Why do you use such a light rod?
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/13/12 01:48 PM

Really good job on those!

I used to love the Skok for those bitin' kings.

I got a GoPro over the summer your videos have inspired me, I am definitely going to try to use it some. It has a lot of really cool uses, I used it a bit in Maui.
Posted by: JTD

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/13/12 01:57 PM

Solitude is rare these days- good for you for finding a corner of heaven. I suggest not sharing or even hinting about the location at all.

Your video was great, I particularly love the bobber down footage.

beer

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/13/12 07:14 PM

I see dogfish, and yes, right along with the bleeding they get the wood shampoo..although as seen on the second vid there arent always rocks/sticks around, sometimes you just have to imploy the hammer punch!! and no offense taken bud.

Originally Posted By: Eric
Nice vid OTS. Enjoyed the takedowns.

Where/how do you mount your camera. Have been considering doing something similar on my solo trips.

~~ i run the headstrap mount most of the time..angle it down a bit for the shown field of view,(sometimes you;ll see my fingers on the lense and then track the view out to guess at where its looking).. it allows easy access to take off quickly to move to a hand shot, or underwater type stuff..buying another soon, ima mount in on my wading staff...could be cool. BTW, i run the Cyberlink power director 10..consumer reports top pick, and Pisca photo editor, and love them both for features and ease of use.
eric and Fp, i really suggest getting an extra hard drive, i got a external 2 terabyte fantom drive that im really happy with, about 120 bucks..because you'll fill your computer REAL quick.

JTD..believe im right there with you, takes some work to get that kinda stuff outta me...i keep talking to locals who want to keep those f-ing flosser out of some of those areas, the sh!t i usually talks to amounts to "dont let me know your vehicle..my dexter is sharp"..wish there was more we could do...though on my way out I taught two guys how to ACTUALLY fish, tied them up 6 preties, gave them the rest of my 8lb, the rest of my eggs, and a couple bobbers, didnt tell them the hole just what TYPE of water they are in..a buddy down there saw them later walkin out with limits from my gear and said that "that tug is the drug and im hooked"...now lets hope they pay it forward....these were guys CONVINCED that these fish are no longer feeding...hmm, inward pointed teeth and upon cutting, no atrophied stomach, but yeah, these fish dont bite anymore..i dont think they ever really did, HA! hello

Willametteriveroutlaw--
well think about it... the fish have been pounded on, its 60+ degrees at 8am, low clear water...do i need to say more???
people think the fish cant see 20 lb test? i ask can you see a spider web in the air with your eyes?? what makes you think a fish cant see that leader coming at them? It just comes down to an increased hook up ratio(at least for me) the trick is knowing how to work the rod and use the current to your advantage to make the fish work twice as hard, which is something you should learn because it can be used in any river, big or small, notice where the fish is oriented in the fight vs. how my rod is angled and you'll get the point..and to be purist about it woot its make it a more level playin field as far as the fight is concerned....

unless i hook what i can see is a native, then it gets the screws put to it, to get back to the water quickly or get broken off

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/13/12 07:17 PM

oh..and rocket red, i LOVE your signature...i'd use it in response to wilamette's equally "impressive" signature..

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 11:06 AM

We fish the exact same conditions in early season Oregon tidewater with 40 and 50lb leaders 6/0 hooks and golf ball chunk of eggs. I was fishing springers this year in mid june with 40 5/0 in low clear water with no adverse side effects. The nice thing about big gear is you can rip them out of the hole and not disturb the rest of the fish.

I've caught a couple kings over the years, I find its nice to use the proper equipment so you don't end up looking like you are an imaginary light saber battle with Darth Vader every time you have a fish on.

-BTW congrats on the fish

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 11:36 AM

I think there is a difference between tide water kings and the mill-pond conditions OTS is facing and it doesn't matter much how you "look."

His chosen equipment is perfect if he his consistently catching fish and avoiding the flossing mob and if that takes 8# test then so be it.

Posted by: Chum Man

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 11:38 AM

i used to fish that river pretty regularly, a 25lber is a big fish and anything bigger is really rare. most average 8-12lbs. heavy steelhead tackle was all i ever needed, and the holes i fished were relatively snag-free. good to see someone keeping up the good fight over there. last time i fished that river(in 2009), half of the guys fishing eggs down in the tidewater switched over to the typical 10' leader snagging gear as soon as the fish stopped biting.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 12:38 PM

I used to fish that river a lot as well, it is gin clear and the fish are pretty flighty (i.e. easily spooked). It is a small river, and if a fish goes in the wood, he will do it with 8# or 20# leaders. If they don't they are easy to land quickly on 8# test. I used 10# leaders for egg fishing 90% of the time with zero issues. I think OTS is using proper gear for that spot.

A 20# fish is pretty rare.

Out on the coast I use 40# leaders and don't think twice about it.
Posted by: MikeH

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 01:09 PM

Really cool video. I like the various bonkers used in the film. haha I do the same thing.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 02:11 PM

being a flosser/snagger has nothing to do with the gear you use, its your intentions while fishing... period...

and honestly, im getting really sick of all the people on this, and other boards slinging that word around like they are some super pro fisherman all the while using a 69 dollar rod... give me a break...

shut up and fish...

cool videos OTS, what is the first song on the first video?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: redhook
being a flosser/snagger has nothing to do with the gear you use, its your intentions while fishing... period...

and honestly, im getting really sick of all the people on this, and other boards slinging that word around like they are some super pro fisherman all the while using a 69 dollar rod... give me a break...

shut up and fish...

cool videos OTS, what is the first song on the first video?

You are lecturing us on flossing now. Perfect. I think you should consider starting a new thread on proper flossing techniques, equipment and intentions.

Your self-afirming "period" is laughable in itself.

rolleyes

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 02:37 PM

all the while using a 69 dollar rod... give me a break...

Whats wrong with using a cheaper rod, not everyone can afford to shell out $300 on a GLoomis.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 02:45 PM

im not the one running around saying if your leader is too long, that your a flosser, im not the one running around saying if you use corkies, your a flosser, im not the one running around saying if you use yarn your a flosser, im not the one running around, saying you HAVE TO FISH A CERTIAN WAY...

people such as yourself are saying that, all of it... whos in the "flossing mob"? guys that are using corkies? yarn? leaders that are 4'1"?

why is the only way to fish the Skok with a bobber and eggs? why not free drifting? why not drift them with weight? why is it only bobbers and eggs?

like i said, shut up and fish... all this bullsh!t name calling is probably keeping new fisherman away because they dont want to deal with it... what gives you the right to label someone like you are something relative in the fishing game? you are just another angler like everyone else...

people that intentionally do it, yes, i hate them as well, but not everyone is doing it...

i see guys EVERY year on a few rivers running spoons with split shot (BIG) 4-6 inches above their Stee Lee's in rivers that are 2 feet deep.. i know what they are doing, so is it ok for me to label spoon fisherman snaggers now? NO...

its the intentions of the angler, again, period....

focus on yourself, and not what others are doing, and you may become an even better fisherman... or dont, and bitch about it, because thats getting ya real far isnt it...

oh wait, i know a member around here (not on this site) that uses a bobber with an extremely long leader (20-25 feet) with a clear or red plastic bead (not corkie), in a river thats 4-6 feet deep... me, along with a few other friends of mine, and members of these sites have witnessed it...

so is it ok for me to say that all bobber fisherman are flossers?

again, NO...

shut up and fish, and when you see someone doing something illegal dont be a bitch , just call the damn WDFW... stop throwing words around like you are part of some "group" thats higher than everyone else... because we are ALL part of a "group", its called being a fisherman...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 02:52 PM

Tommy,

think about how i said that, and how you reacted, and you should be able to decipher what i was saying... if not, ill PM you...
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/14/12 11:35 PM

rh kept his diapers clean for a full week because he was busy out flossin the "puke" or studying coloring books for his kindergarten exam coming up but now he just dropped a mega steamer in his pants and I predict this thread is going to 10 pages.

Carry on rh, how about posting those coho pics again.....I need another look at them....
Posted by: deerlick

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 12:42 AM

bump
Posted by: spoon man

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 01:07 AM

Way to go screwing this post up!!! By the way OTS, nice video!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 02:23 AM

okay..now that I am back from spending ALL day in the lower river, im gonna go ahead and chime in...
i was the first one in the lower river, we eventually had about 20 bobber guys working the guard rail hole and were doing quite well..for awhile..
then the FLOSSER group below us, started to gradually pick us off till the hole was theirs...I STAYED, and fished it out in the middle of them, along with a couple others, and was talkin some pretty hard sh!t every chance We could get..that was actually the fun part..that and watching guys in simms waders, with gl3's blatantly floss( i say this because even they admitted it) and then turn to us and talk about how good of fishermen they are and how well the do for steelhead, browntrout and whatever else..only interrupting their rant to "set the hook on that bite"
its a total joke, its sad.. and is known by all(them included) in their heart of hearts that THIS IS WRONG, its cheating, anyway you want to cut it, this is the final outcome...but these men and women make concessions because..these fish dont bite, i dont have eggs yet, im just filling the freezer, im just killing hatchery fish like WDFW wants... geesh!, and whatever other lame ass excuses they can think of to justify it to themselves and the ones around them.
this will be the death of what CAN be a fun river, next year things will be VERY different from what i hear and i can wait to be a part of that new fishery!
Willamette- thanks for the reply, i understand your tactic and i run the same at times but this in certainly NOT that type of fishery i hate to say, though i wish it was..oh how fun that could be..
EVERYONE ELSE-JTD, Rocket, Spoon, mike , chum thanks for stepping up to the plate..that is what we need in the field because like it our not(redhook,..cough cough) WDFW cannot do anything as to a violation of "ethics"..even if they wanted to,(which they do) there just simply isnt enough man power( thank you yearly budget cuts over the last decade)...this comes to people on the river who have had enough of it to speak up..i for one DONT CARE..i will talk mad sh!t to you ALL DAY LONG, you'r ruining my day and chance at fish..and i want to mess up your day a bit too, i dont care if it is childish, its revenge and its been a long time coming...
Speaking of things a long time coming...REDHOOK..i have actually seen you say a couple mildy smart things at times even given your apparent background..however i dont understand your bitch rant..was it directed at me? I hope not because you a f@ckin with the WRONG dude at the WRONG time... You, on the hole have no F-in clue what the hell you talkin about at any point in time and continue to make an a$$ of yourself everytime you get behind the comp, i have remained silent until now, but after that charade, you, my friend can kiss me between the back pockets BRO, and you can chaulk up another burnt bridge for your stupid a$$...I'd appreciate it if you just go ahead and stay the HELL off of the rest of this post because there is no way in hell that ima deal with your ridiculous posts anytime soon(im sure others will agree) so in summation F@ck you and have a nice day....

oh boy that felt good..dont you agree guys? beating up on redhook is like snaggin in a hatchery...just too easy

sorry for the rant, im crazy exhausted after today and my nerves and tolerance for stupidity is just shot for the moment

one thing I will say is that the rest of us need to make this [Bleeeeep!] change..WDFW LEO's want to write this stuff up, but most tickets just get thrown out because, hey, they are JUST fish...(as the judges and prosecutors will say)
the local prosecutor was out with Flowers recently to understand why these violations are important to prosecute..WE CAN HELP by contacting our judges, prosecutors, and county commissioners DEMANDING that they take these violations seriously and prosecute at least half of what they throw out! ( not like we need the money, right?)...these fisheries CAN change, it will just take time and the stick-to-it attitude by those fed up with this crap in our rivers...

this crap WILL come to everywhere( including the OP) and in greater quantity if we dont speak up to keep our sport and ACTUAL SPORT!

good night guys and once again thanks for the great comments and support.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 02:41 AM

WTF? for REALZ?

your fishing the FVCKING SKOK, and act like you are a complete angler, and a pro? then wanna call me out with my "background", what the hell exactly is my "background"? think before you answer that question...

nice try with trying to sound smart, but you failed... also, posting sh!t on the internet about people, calling them names, with your face all up in the video isnt the wisest idea... because people will get pissed... and they may recognize you TRUST ME.. me i dont care, i kiss your a$$, you can blow me rookie....

you ARENT better than anyone else, i WASNT talking to you, i am now however, i said good job, and asked a question, i was just sick of all of it, then you go after me?

you obviously got me fvcked up, and your baseless internet "dont fvck with me bro" threats aint gonna get you anywhere...

so you go ahead and talk about the sh!t on the internet, and drive around taking videos of your face yelling "flosser alert" at cars parked on the side of 101, if i see illegal activity, i will call it in, like a REAL person that cares about what they are participating in, not a wannabe that BS's people on the net... joker...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 02:44 AM

69 probably won't get you a nice rod in the trailer park, i bet mastering the ptradactyl in brush on the river bank has earned you many a nice rod.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 02:55 AM

[quote=redhook]being a flosser/snagger has nothing to do with the gear you use, its your intentions while fishing... period...

--oh and this is completely false..example: today a young woman fishing with her male partner was running a 10 ft leader and was getting snagged alot, losing gear. she soon asked about the bobber stuff and the difference in technique, wondering if she could switch to that to stay outta the wood..the gear she used was tied for her and she was just told to cast and jerk on the tug..had no idea the technique she was using, or how it acts in the water, its all she has ever fished with. I took the time, away from here male counterpart, to explain to her how the gear acts in the water and how it leads to hook ups , right down the that tidbits of hooking outside-in the mouth vs. hooking inside-out(correct way)...as she watched the group her face darkened and it was obvious that she didnt like the idea..i gave her some pre-ties, eggs , slipshot and let her work in with me in my "slot"..she hooked up and despite losing the fish understood what a real bite is(as the rod was almost snatched out of her hand) and seemed to be adamant in continuing this style of fishing..i say kudos to that young woman and hope she is out there reading this, now feeling better with herself about her choices.

but it goes to show that she was just following here instruction form her partner...no intentions, just fishing with flossing gear plan and simple..

BTW, last time my spiky haired friend and I saw you at Barrier Dam I noticed those boot springers you were just sooo happy about, you where talking p-r-e-t-t-y big for yourself son...funny that i found your leader wrap right where you left it..15 lb test, a 1/0 owner, two #4 orange corkies and 14ft leader(seriously?)

what the heck where YOUR intentions young man?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 02:58 AM

Ill say it once again redhook...I dont CARE IF PEOPLE RECOGNIZE ME..i hope they do.. and I hope they remember the moral standard I try to keep in what should be a great sport....

you recognize me now..SO...you, and whomever else has a problem with it can come talk to me when ever you want, I'd be happy to run the conversation with you...

but as for now, isnt there a rock you should be under?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:05 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

IVE NEVER EVEN FISHED THE COWLITZ GENIUS... i prefer to stay away from hatchery only rivers with 10000000 people in boats, and on the bank....i fish close to my house ( upper Puy, and Carbon, and find my OWN spots), and the Pennisula... PERIOD... might dick around on lakes once and a while, and maybe a trip or 3 to the Green, but you wouldnt catch me dead on that river...

and the Skok, in no way whatsoever, counts as fishing the Pennisula, aka the OP...

joker...

i said good job, and asked a question, you chose to misread it, and try to call me out, and act like you have ever even seen me before, and failed... again... nice try but work on your serve next time, make sure you know who the hell your talking about... cuz i havent even been to Barrier before "bro", and thats because of what it has been made into today... thats all you buddy, have fun with the SKok and its predesessor...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:20 AM

i didnt start the flossing sh!t...

shut the fvck up and fish... if you see illegal activity, CALL , dont talk about it on the internet...

and certianly dont pump your ideas of how people should fish down throats of ones you dont know.... not smart, and your not a legend so dont act like it...

shut up and fish...

PERIOD...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 08:49 AM

shut up and fish

How about you take some of your own advice?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 08:52 AM

because people will get pissed... and they may recognize you TRUST ME.. me i dont care, i kiss your a$$, you can blow me rookie....

Yeah, you sound fully sane and smarter than everyone here in this post.....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 09:04 AM

shut the fvck up and fish...

shut up and fish...

PERIOD...

Hmmmmmmm......

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:37 PM

your not a legend so dont act like it...

thats right you a$$hole, I AM NOT..and never said i was, maybe you should do the reading..

I AM, however using LEGENDARY tactics that have been passed down from, well, a long time ago...because I am a sportsmen, not a meat hunter...i enjoy this aspect as i think many others do..i dont make concessions to fish that way and I DONT make concessions in my head to say its okay for others to either.....if you do then you need to step back, think about the fisheries, the future and delete your account for a move to gamefishin..

the idear of the 10ft leader isnt legendary bro..and no matter how much you gripe we all know(as do yoU) the ONLY reason this technique is used..

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:39 PM

btw ABU..though i have an association with the Merg...I am liking you more and more bro, next time your around I'd fish with you any time you want.

and yeah, 'cmon parker or whoever is the mod...isnt 2114 posts for redhook enough? please, do it by IP...i think we deserve a bit of solace on this board banana
Posted by: Mergantroider

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:41 PM

Abu Poonis....i thought bullsh!t came from bulls....but then you opened your mouth and i now know the truth.

redhook....im taking his side on one point.... Yes this was a cool post. OTS is one of the few fisherman that is REALLY passionate about every aspect of fishing. He wants to see our beautiful resource being sustained by ethical fisherman. I applaud him. BUT he also has a degree....and YEARS of schooling...so when he gets all high and mighty...i let him. smile

the rest of you corksoakin weirdo's who get on this website spouting flossers and snaggers like youve never done it or like you have ANY control over someone else doing it just need pull your pants up and stop circle jerking this whole topic round and round. Very few of you have enough intelligence to fill a thimble let alone have an opinion based on fact. So STFU....and fish....im with red hook on that point.

the rest....OTS....you like to educate people, i like people when im not around them. hahah. your one of the few to try and educate people on proper fishing ethics. shrug. i just have a hard time doing that. I want to fish. if people are bothering me fishing where i want....i start bitching...get in their face and see what pops off...or i move. the skok? welllll i dont own a gun...that place is scary. hahah. flossing and snagging are bad....hard to find a solution. But you have an educated opinion....im tired of listening to these other fruit cakes smile

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:43 PM

OTS is legendary.....ive seen him drink a beer, fish and pee at the same time.....THE SAME TIME....i know....your trying to work that out in your head...it was legendary...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:48 PM

i'm also with OTS's assessment of the line size. i dont need cable to land a 20 lbs fish. 8-10 will do just fine....i also look AMAZING in my light saber battles with larger fish. So does OTS....his double hand technique ? truly inspiring hahahha. shrug. so i'll keep my jedi mind tricks and my 8-10lbs line. come to the darkside young padawhin....we will show you the REAL power of the force ...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:50 PM

GODDAMNIT Merg..then you have to go and open your big f-ing mouth...the bitching here is about flossing and the ethics behind it....i applaud the fact that they usually release their foul hooked fish, and when they get a fish"in the mouth" they can kill it too..

but is that really where you want our sport to go merg?? you and i and all of us know that WDFW cant do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g about that (at least this year), leaving it solely to the brow beating of the fellows around them...

why is this SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND...

and yes, i get "high and mighty" merg..its not because of my degree though, its simply looking at how the fishing used to be, and where its goin. counter that with enviro damage/road runnoff/population increase and whatever else you want to throw in there..

my rants are ALWAYS based solely on sustaining at least what we have now for the future....this doesnt take an educated person, a outdoorsmen, a wildlife lover, or anything else...just common sense...and you MERG have that, i know...so use it and dont throw me under the bus, when you'll agree with me in private talk....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 2MANY

I don't understand what got this whole thing started in the first place.

That is the funny/weird part.

rh just launched into some crazy crap over nothing. Took a dump on this thread for what? That is how he does it.

I agree with Abu and feel rh's over sensitivity probably means he is a flosser. lol

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 03:57 PM

I don't understand what got this whole thing started in the first place.

because people need to shove their bullsh!t opinions of how others should fish down other peoples throats like they are contributing to fisheries... news flash, you arent...

OTS, if some dude runs down to the Skok, with a 400 foot leader, and black yarn, and nails 2 fish right off the bat, with the hook in its beak, and they mark their fish, and leave the river, just as the law states, why the hell would you care how they are fishing? if they were legal about it, in NO WAY is it going to deplete the fisheries... why dont you just use YOUR methods and and fish and dont worry about what other people are doing, unless its illegal, then, STOP FISHING, dont be a lazy bitch, STOP FISHING AND CALL THEM IN... or dont, get all flustered and puffy, call people names, then come home and bitch about it on the internet, all the while, 100 fish were snagged and will likely DIE because of it, because you were to LAZY to just get off your a$$ and fix it....

you people drive me nuts, flat out NUTS...

telling people how to fish isnt helping the resource whatsoever, making sure that enforcement has extra eyes and ears in the field IS HELPING the resource...

and you said the Skok used to be or can be a fun river? the Skok has always been what it is, and its a fvckin JOKE.... only river in the state that in the regs says you have to clean up your own sh!t, not garbage, POOP... second river in the state to have the "only fish hooked inside the mouth may be retained" title slapped on it, behind the Quilcene river, another Canal river thats 5 minutes from our Cabin.... and im not sure, but i think its the only river in the state that says you must stop fishing after the 1st 2 legal salmon caught, aka limit, wether kept or not....

you call that a fun river? seriously? keep trying son, someday you may figure it out....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason B
just dropped a mega steamer .... and I predict this thread is going to 10 pages.

kneel
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:02 PM

Why don't you just save yourself the headache and just leave this board??

Do you know what the definition of the word crazy is?

...... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. .... ... ...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:05 PM

yes, crazy is thinking you are helping out the WDFW and the fisheries in this state by coming onto internet fishing boards and complaining about it, pointing fingers, calling people names, and being too much of a god damn tool to do anything about it and give them a hand...

thats crazy...

you know what, you have fun bitching about people on the internet, im going to stay with calling people in that i see doing wrong, im up to 7 calls in 10 days on the river so far this year....

how many have you made?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:07 PM

we all know i have a big mouth. : ) i was just saying that your the only person i can listen to on any of these kinds of topics because you have an educated opinion.

i dont vote because my vote doesnt matter. Alot of topics i give up on because there is not very much i can do as an individual. where is this sport going? down the sh!tter....its not a sustainable resource thats getting plundered like it is. more and more every year as our population grows. To me its like complaining about the sand when your dying of thirst in the desert.

just like driving....pretty much anybody can get a license. As long as they got money the state doesnt care if the average person isnt educated on proper ethics....theres no course your required to take to fish...

where do you start? certainly not the skok....its time is over. try and contain those idiots there i say. your talking about 30 years plus of shoddy fishing and bad habits....how you gonna start there? you get a license to fish the skok...you can only fish the skok...hahaha.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:11 PM

what really makes you think i dont call these guys in...that is a PRETTY big assumption that i just come home and gripe on the net...maybe you should talk to Flowers/Juet/Haw and the others...ask them exactly how many ppl i turned in that lead to a ticket, impoundment, or even arrest(that one was great)

the point is that i am doin exactly what you speak of...but when the guy with the 400 ft leady runs the hole i have been working(and catching fish in) all morning and rips the water, turning the bite off for me..i get riled..and as said before..along with bitching at them on the river, and trying to educate the willing..i am all for the social media campaign to right, at least some, some of these wrongs. i mean wdfw DOES read this site....

I wish it was easy to say that these people just weren't taught by the right people how to fish, but this inst true as I have seen friends continually make the choice to do this...i no longer fish with them, and on several occasions have reported their shenanigans.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:13 PM

calls into the WDFW about people fishing in closed waters... those kind of calls...i cant even fish for trout on the rivers by my house anymore because of people that cant follow the rules... they took from me, now its my turn, and honestly, i enjoy watching people cry after having all their gear taken from them... to me its funny as sh!t... far funnier than the garbage that people post on the internet like they are actually doing something about it....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:14 PM

talk to some ppl who used to fish that river in the 80's and early 90's ...hmm LIKE ME! i remember what it used to be and no, it wasnt ALWAYS like that....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:19 PM

redhook is crazy....no doubt...but...he brings up some valid points you guys are overlooking because you assume its all crazy smile thats a bit biased.

"OTS, if some dude runs down to the Skok, with a 400 foot leader, and black yarn, and nails 2 fish right off the bat, with the hook in its beak, and they mark their fish, and leave the river, just as the law states, why the hell would you care how they are fishing? if they were legal about it, in NO WAY is it going to deplete the fisheries... why dont you just use YOUR methods and and fish and dont worry about what other people are doing, unless its illegal, then, STOP FISHING, dont be a lazy bitch, STOP FISHING AND CALL THEM IN... or dont, get all flustered and puffy, call people names, then come home and bitch about it on the internet, all the while, 100 fish were snagged and will likely DIE because of it, because you were to LAZY to just get off your a$$ and fix it..."

i have done some flossing in my days. i release all snagged fish but i will tell you....when i flossed....i rarley ever illegally hooked a fish. Snagging can happen when your legitimatly fishing, and i HATE BOBBER fishing....so where does that put me? i'm forced to bobber fish because all other techniques can MAYBE snag a fish?

he brings up a solid point. these fish are getting takin "LEGALLY" ...ethically? well.....ethically your child should not be 100 lbs overweight....legally, diabetes at 20 isnt considered child abuse by bad eating habits from your parents.... america isnt big on ethics as we all know.

i understand that most flossers are sh!tbags...they snag...they dont know how to fish properly and there is a huge issue there....but like he said...if he walks up...hits his two fish LEGALLY...with no laws broken....how can you say anything? he is following the law.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: On The Swing
what really makes you think i dont call these guys in...that is a PRETTY big assumption that i just come home and gripe on the net...maybe you should talk to Flowers/Juet/Haw and the others...ask them exactly how many ppl i turned in that lead to a ticket, impoundment, or even arrest(that one was great)

the point is that i am doin exactly what you speak of...but when the guy with the 400 ft leady runs the hole i have been working(and catching fish in) all morning and rips the water, turning the bite off for me..i get riled..and as said before..along with bitching at them on the river, and trying to educate the willing..i am all for the social media campaign to right, at least some, some of these wrongs. i mean wdfw DOES read this site....

I wish it was easy to say that these people just weren't taught by the right people how to fish, but this inst true as I have seen friends continually make the choice to do this...i no longer fish with them, and on several occasions have reported their shenanigans.

so you are saying that you go to the river, fish bobbers and eggs all morning, catching fish, all the while disregarding the law of the first 2 legal salmon caught, you are DONE fishing? did i read that correctly? do you need a shoe horn?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:25 PM

ahhhhhh no, screwing up the bite for you....thats a legitimate gripe....but ANY drift fisherman can do that too when your bobber fishing. when your bobber fishing....everyone is your enemy. Thats why Jared hates our technique when he bobber fishes for kings and im trying to hook silvers. it spooks the kings off the bite. i get what your trying to say nate. i agree with you. but i also agree with redhook too. but fak me im just an open minded fool. no education and riding off my good looks and fast hands in life. smile
Posted by: gvbest

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:26 PM

I can't believe we get to read this board for free. RH good thing the local stocked ponds in your area are still open for you to get your trout fix, just remember to wear your seat belt and please stop licking the windows. I'm sure that pisses your GF off.
Posted by: Nick Berto

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
I mean this was a good thread with a couple cool fishing videos until redhook had to go ruin it with yet another typical redhook post. A post full of nothing but [Bleeeeep!] spewed from the mouth/fingers of a crazy person.

Yuuup! AGREED. BAN. Nothing good to come from a RH post... The pile just keeps growing.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:33 PM

Capt. 'Hook, you are such a flip-flopper young man! wow..and 7 calls in 10 days? ygtbfkm...less than one per day fishing is your average? so your down there and MAYBE calling in one person a day...and then coming on here to spout YOUR "holy-ier than thou attitude"? really? you are an idiot given the rest of the info in that post about "my familes cabin" really do not know what you speak of..

merg you should delete that post, you association with this goof-ball is gonna lower rep bro...and thanks for the other kind words, you know me and i know you, you are a good fishermen, and while i see where you..and capt hook, are coming from I JUST CANT STAND TO SEE THAT HAPPEN...

hook, you info given on those rivers can be traced back to people not speaking up...they plant WAY to many fish in both of those rivers as far as carrying capacity is concerned but those regs are like that because of it's last decade and a half of fishing.....and because WE as fishermen NOT HAPPY WITH IT are not contacting the powers that be to CHANGE IT....and im not talking WDFW, im talking where they really get their marching orders from, congress/senate/state,county,city govt. every branch of our government BESIDES enforcement...because those are the guys that need to have the ability to change the way they operate! ask them, they dont like seein it either and will agree with the rants i make!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:36 PM

One thing is for sure.
Upper Kennedy Creek was like that back in the 80'S.

oh, i have heard the stories of the steelheading in there..whould have been a fun small fishery for the good ones...you know sometimes at the base of the falls you can still see them...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:40 PM

young man? how old are you? from your face you look to be in your late 20s early 30s... 1 person a day is far better than ZERO.. and also, i havent even gotten started really on the rivers yet, i really pick it up in September, and fish nearly every day till it closes on Dec 31st... being 10 minutes from the river helps that tho...

they plant too many fish? is that even possible? do you want them to stop planting fish and take away from your awesome SKok fishery?

just curious, how long have you been fishing in this state OTS? what all have you done to help the WDFW?

personally, i just make calls on poachers, and other illegal sh!t, and i helped my friends dad when he got the contracts to do work on the Tokul and Issaquah Creek Hatcheries... so dont act like i dont do anything, you dont even know me, it was evident when you said you saw me at a place ive never even stepped foot, let alone fished...

now answer my question i just asked you, now that you dug the ditch...
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:45 PM

That's complete bullsh!t, Merg, and I don't care who told you it was shoddy 30 years ago.

It wasn't.

Were you there 30 years ago?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:47 PM

when EXACTLY was the ast time you saw a flosser come into a hole...and get two fish in the mouth right off the bat?? SERIOUSLY GUYS??? even guys that I know have the technique down to a science still end up with a pretty high hookup to landing ratio... go and ask ppl how many they hooked vs landed down there before you retort....

bait doesnt tend to do that..neither do spinners..

jeez merg...didnt say you HAVE to float fish..drifting eggs was working well as well, several guys running 3-4 ft leader with a couple slipshot were hooking up as well...so whats MY point? 8+ ft leaders, a 1/2 oz lead sinker and corkies( I DONT CARE THE COLOR) are not going to be the norm for getting those fish to hit... we all know this...

if you think thats fine, then fine, SAY THAT...let me know the character of people i fish with

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:49 PM

so you are saying that you go to the river, fish bobbers and eggs all morning, catching fish, all the while disregarding the law of the first 2 legal salmon caught, you are DONE fishing? did i read that correctly? do you need a shoe horn?

OTS, answer the question... or, well, you know....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:53 PM

so you are saying that you go to the river, fish bobbers and eggs all morning, catching fish, all the while disregarding the law of the first 2 legal salmon caught, you are DONE fishing? did i read that correctly? do you need a shoe horn? [/quote]

well hook, i hooked two, and unfortunatley just couldnt stick my hook well enough i guess because they came off...it happens at times without that barb

YOU can stop pointin your fingers at me a$$hole because I am one of the most "by the book" in this state..ask ANYONE that knows me..and once again unless you know something to be true, quit assuming and making yourself out to be nothing more than a bag of dicks.
Posted by: Todd

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 04:55 PM

This thread kicks ass. I wish I could give it six stars.

Or seven.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:01 PM

you should heed your own words OTS... because if you dont know someone, you know DICK about them... you were pointing fingers as well towards me, remember, but its OK for you to do it correct?

also, for the record, "hooking 2 fish and losing them" isnt "catching fish all morning".... you made the mistake of typing it that way, i didnt make the mistake of reading it the way it was typed... and honestly, as of right now, i dont believe it... i have that right...

just because someone uses something that you dont agree with, doesnt give you the right to label them something that you think you can... because you just make yourself look like an a$$hole... like i said in a previous post, ive seen guys weight their spoons down in 2 feet of water... all spoon fisherman are snaggers now correct? seen ODH bobber floss the fvck out of the silvers as well, so your a bobber flosser correct, because you use a bobber?

again, shut up and fish... if you see poaching and or snagging, call it in, or dont, and be part of the problem... thats entirely up to you... not doing anything about it is just as bad as the people doing it...
Posted by: stonefish

Originally Posted By: Todd

Or seven.

Fish on...

Todd

Yet you haven't even stated in this thread how much you love the Skok. grin
Posted by: docspud

rofl

Wow.... This is not even the Dark Side and the posts coming so fast I can hardly keep up. I give a sceond to seven stars!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:03 PM

young man? how old are you? from your face you look to be in your late 20s early 30s... 1 person a day is far better than ZERO.. and also, i havent even gotten started really on the rivers yet, i really pick it up in September, and fish nearly every day till it closes on Dec 31st... being 10 minutes from the river helps that tho...

they plant too many fish? is that even possible? do you want them to stop planting fish and take away from your awesome SKok fishery?

just curious, how long have you been fishing in this state OTS? what all have you done to help the WDFW?

personally, i just make calls on poachers, and other illegal sh!t, and i helped my friends dad when he got the contracts to do work on the Tokul and Issaquah Creek Hatcheries... so dont act like i dont do anything, you dont even know me, it was evident when you said you saw me at a place ive never even stepped foot, let alone fished...

oh f you and the horse you rode in on...why dont you go into detail on your HELP, rather than sayin something that makes you look good....i was at the hump clipping everyday, i always volunteer to creel check the opening week for lakes, I help volunteer with surveys when I can, i report violations i see, I teach kids/whomever how to fish(MY WAYS) free of charge, I help run seminars at evergreen state college for certain professors..the point is I do as much as i can..which should be obvious from this sh!t storm post we have goin on here..

oh, and i dont care how old you are boy...mental age transcends the amount of time we have spent in these mortal vessels on this planet...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:04 PM

I think its funny that RH is always saying "shut up and fish" but yet he has to wait for his GF to get home to give him a ride to the river or turd pond.
Posted by: Team HCH

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:06 PM

Great video ONS! Good to see it done right! See ya down there!

PS Flossing=snagging=knuckle dragger=just like the tribe's "jigging"

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:10 PM

also, for the record, "hooking 2 fish and losing them" isnt "catching fish all morning".... you made the mistake of typing it that way, i didnt make the mistake of reading it the way it was typed... and honestly, as of right now, i dont believe it... i have that right...

AND i talked of the 20+ bobber or freedifting eggs guys in that hole as well..implying that WE were catching fish, could mean that the group as a whole was doing okay...and then i mentioned how the flossers started picking us apart?...remember?

please, post a pic, i wanna know if look as completely f@cking stupid as you sound

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:14 PM

1 person a day is far better than ZERO.. and also, i havent even gotten started really on the rivers yet, i really pick it up in September, and fish nearly every day till it closes on Dec 31st...

didnt you just get done telling 2Many that you had 7 calls in in the last 10 days?
Posted by: seastrike

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:15 PM

Hey Dan.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:18 PM

oh f you and the horse you rode in on...why dont you go into detail on your HELP, rather than sayin something that makes you look good....i was at the hump clipping everyday, i always volunteer to creel check the opening week for lakes, I help volunteer with surveys when I can, i report violations i see, I teach kids/whomever how to fish(MY WAYS) free of charge, I help run seminars at evergreen state college for certain professors..the point is I do as much as i can..which should be obvious from this sh!t storm post we have goin on here..

oh, and i dont care how old you are boy...mental age transcends the amount of time we have spent in these mortal vessels on this planet...

we did the concrete work on the raceways and ponds, you know, making the hatcheries more efficient and a better environment (if you want to call it that) for the smolts, and returners... i also know the Sgt that runs Pierce personally... and have for nearly 4 years now....

if you read my first post in this thread, it wasnt even directed at you, i even said good job, and asked what was the first song you put in the videos... then you slammed the rest of your PBR and went on a drunken rage towards me like i called you something i didnt... and you say im the one that has issues...

i dont drive down the road yelling names out the window of my car at people like a god damn 7 year old... one of these days you will say the wrong thing to the wrong person, and that will be the end of it... people flock to me on the rivers and ask me questions because of how i present myself... like a professional (i dont however get paid to fish), and like a MAN, not like a childish little brat that whines about something he doesnt agree with...i gain more friends each and every year on the rivers because of who i am, and how i act towards people... i as well give gear to people that arent having good luck.. also, you labeled me a "meat fisherman", i brought home 26 fish last year that i kept, how many do you think i released?

if i nail a fish right off the bat, or in an hour of fishing, and the guy next to me isnt getting anything, i give them my spot, tell them where to hit, and what to use, and sit back and watch the look on their face when they look at me like "holy sh!t, you werent kidding", and if i want to fish more, i have other areas that hold fish.... i dont complain about them using something other than what im using, because we are both fishing....

mainly, i just shut up and fish... because thast your job while fishing... not talkin sh!t, calling names, and other bullcrap, your job is to FISH... so just shut up and do it...

also, you said NOTHING OF THE SORT in your statement, you said I, ME, not anyone else... put the shovel down...
Posted by: Torpedoman69

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:24 PM

GVBest,

Where is this "Skok" you speak of? Good fishing? (I kid, I kid)

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:29 PM

I'm sure all the flossers/snaggers on the "puke" look up to you and can't wait for your girlfriend to honk the horn, letting you know its time to go home so they can have the rock you are standing on.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:31 PM

okay..now that I am back from spending ALL day in the lower river, im gonna go ahead and chime in...
i was the first one in the lower river, we eventually had about 20 bobber guys working the guard rail hole and were doing quite well..for awhile..

?answered hook..i think you read it wrong, i can write it in crayola font if that helps...

oh, and i know the rights in this state..i talk [Bleeeeep!] with a smile and dont let it get past that, even had the flossers themselves come and apologize for the altercation, i shook hands and said "no problem, i just am tryin to teach you the correct way, as a sportsmen, it makes it funner in the end, and that i respect them for taking the time to come up to me and say that" i dont burn bridges, i wait on my side for the people to cross to me...if someone wants to get fresh Washington state asks me to "stand my ground"

even jesus saw the point in TEACHING a person to fish...
but the word Fishing implies some amount of fair play...otherwise we'd call it catching...so what EXACTLY are you teaching them to use at the puke? be honest.....
Posted by: Jermz

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd

Or seven.

Fish on...

Todd

+1

Popcorn is ready

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:34 PM

the point is that i am doin exactly what you speak of...but when the guy with the 400 ft leady runs the hole i have been working(and catching fish in) all morning and rips the water, turning the bite off for me..i get riled..and as said before..along with bitching at them on the river, and trying to educate the willing..i am all for the social media campaign to right, at least some, some of these wrongs. i mean wdfw DOES read this site....I wish it was easy to say that these people just weren't taught by the right people how to fish, but this inst true as I have seen friends continually make the choice to do this...i no longer fish with them, and on several occasions have reported their shenanigans.

i already wrote it in Crayola for you right there, dude seriously, you wont win this one with me...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the only winners in this fight are the spectators.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:37 PM

RH- Good job you won an argument, now shut up and get a job!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:43 PM

yes, dude you win..obviously a higher caliber than me or anyone else on this board i still respect...dan s, todd, salmo, smalma, coley...apparently we have a new guy to grace your ranks of ultimate fisherdom

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:48 PM

new guy to grace your ranks of ultimate fisherdom

I can't wait till the RH photo report from the Dean

all which will be high quality shots taken from his Iphone RAZOR - on the puyallup, of course!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 05:52 PM

?answered hook..i think you read it wrong, i can write it in crayola font if that helps...

oh, and i know the rights in this state..i talk [Bleeeeep!] with a smile and dont let it get past that, even had the flossers themselves come and apologize for the altercation, i shook hands and said "no problem, i just am tryin to teach you the correct way, as a sportsmen, it makes it funner in the end, and that i respect them for taking the time to come up to me and say that" i dont burn bridges, i wait on my side for the people to cross to me...if someone wants to get fresh Washington state asks me to "stand my ground"

even jesus saw the point in TEACHING a person to fish...
but the word Fishing implies some amount of fair play...otherwise we'd call it catching...so what EXACTLY are you teaching them to use at the puke? be honest.....

i run a 9' rod and the leader never breaks the tip of the rod, i use 1 or 2 small corkies depending on flows (for floatation and maybe a little attraction i suppose), and a nice big glob of eggs, and the correct amount of weight needed to not hang up, which i think i have pretty dead on, since in 10 trips ive lost 2 weights and 3 leaders in 5 different areas... if i run out of eggs in the coloring it is at right now (murky as hell), i just go home, if its clear, i throw spoons on, or a spinner, or a pink worm (with a corkie above it to float it), or, i bring shrimp... but i dont like using shrimp much because the chum hammer it, and i dont fish for chum, i fish for the silvers that are coming in behind those chum, the chrome brite ones that eat well... and fight alot better and are more fun than being drug around the river by a spawned out boot that has teeth the size of my dogs...

and also, you cant just shoot people because you think your CPL states you can... if you insist on acting like that, you may want to consider bean bags, i will let you know when i get a hook up on them... in the mean time, try not to get knocked out before you even have a chance to draw your weapon, because unless another weapon is involved, you cant even pull that gun out on a river... private property is a different story, but i highly doubt you are fishing in your back yard...
Posted by: Timber

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:06 PM

Uh-oh Dave's here!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:11 PM

RH- I hope I read your post wrong but I read it as you never use longer than a 9' leader. JFC (if that is what you meant).

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:13 PM

never said anything about pulling a gun, i have my CWP (thats what the acronym is), but dont carry fishing, i have a dexter on my hip but it'd be my fists that would be my ONLY defense..dont let it come to that though, im a lover not a fighter...though in that situation you present i'd love to fight if they hit me first..oh and even if i was gonna pull a gun it would be only to shoot, and in that case it'd be your leg as to avoid the attempted murder charge.

REDHOOK for your first paragraph, i applaud it..i still question maybe the length of leader as too much for the area, i am assuming 8'6" from how YOU worded that... but if your runnin eggs and that is where/ how you feel that you stay in the strike zone, then so be it

My family is from the area so i have done it a couple times with my gramps on that river..that murk water BREEDs flossers, and if you are in there getting good fish on eggs honestly around the hoards of crazy's then I tip my hat to you sir...HONESTLY i do.

but dont feed me guff for bitchin on the river, and on the net(trying to stir comments on the problem and trying to get people to contact the powers that be to changes this/these types of fisheries) when you know exactly why i am sayin this...that is unless you just, like me, like to play devil's advocate..

AND..to FINALLY answer you all important question hook...in the videos, it says the songs i use...right there in the details, i state songwriter, and album, also saying that they are compilations of the album..which is why i didnt list a song name...
all that info was right there for the eyes to read...........

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:18 PM

mainly, i just shut up and fish...

Clearly you are delusional............

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:20 PM

because of how i present myself... like a professional (i dont however get paid to fish), and like a MAN, not like a childish little brat that whines about something he doesnt agree with..

Really?!?!?!?!?!!?

I mean...........REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:27 PM

gv i use a 2 peice rod that is 9' in length, my leader never is longer than the tip of my rod, anywhere from 2 to 4 ish feet...

since you all love my pictures, here is the rigging i used yesterday in 2 different areas, one, downtown, which i RARELY venture to, 1-3 times a year, and im already at 2, and up high with people that have been fishing that area and river for 50 years... people that pull crap on the river and spout their mouths off usually dont last long there, and its usually the snaggers that do it...

if i had to guess, i would say around 30-34 inches on this rig, if you want, i can waste more time an measure it for you so you can have a precise measurement....

also OTS, CWP is 400 years ago, the correct terminology is CPL aka Concealed Pistol Liscence... but that is for another arguement all together, so lets just leave it at that...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason B

Really?!?!?!?!?!!?

I mean...........REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Per ChuckS its:

JFC
rofl

I soooo laugh at that too!!! thanks Chuck!!!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:37 PM

is that the $69.00 rod?

p.s.

it is lisence not "liscense."

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:41 PM

also OTS, CWP is 400 years ago, the correct terminology is CPL aka Concealed Pistol Liscence... but that is for another arguement all together, so lets just leave it at that...

HOLY CRAP..your semi right on this! i was using old terminology...kinda of.. being that the acronyms i see just goolging it say CWP/CPL..so nice work there, though the term CWP is still a blanket for all concealed weapons requiring a license...because there are a couple out there allowed besides the "almighty" gun...

and the idea of using bean bags is stupid as well, it goes against the reason of carrying...being that drawing down on someone is YOUR LAST RESORT...the idea of using bags means that you are not exhausting all of your options.... just my .02

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JTD

p.s.

actually - I think its License... wink

well sh!t - this sucks... I can either head to post alley and drink beers in the sunshine... or sit and watch a train wreck in progress:

till later
beer

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:47 PM

I know the correct spelling and here stand corrected.

As usual I chalk it up to RH and my enthusiasm.

dammit but good katch

smile

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:53 PM

this isnt a spelling bee, who cares... even the best screw up at some point...

but seriously, dont anyone ever call me a flosser again, you see what i use, my BC rods are 8'6, so in some cases, the leader is even shorter... and as i said before, its the intentions of the angler, not the gear that they use... rookies get a pass, but i have caught fish on corkies and yarnballs, and have posted the pictures as proof... they can and will bite it, its all in the presentation and the intent...

JT, that rod was around 80 bucks, but that wasnt my intent of the comment, you should be able to figure it out if you think about it... that rod is my beater egg rod, you wont catch staining on any handles of my G1000s or other Lamis, or Fenwicks... that rod i can beat up, and not care about it, the reel was more than the rod was.... again, it has nothing to do with anything for that matter, use what you want to use, use a fence post for all i care, just have fun fishing...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: JTD

p.s.

actually - I think its License... wink

well sh!t - this sucks... I can either head to post alley and drink beers in the sunshine... or sit and watch a train wreck in progress:

till later
beer

JTD, i like you but woot that was a good one...
piper, see you in the alley.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:03 PM

but seriously, dont anyone ever call me a flosser again, you see what i use, my BC rods are 8'6, so in some cases, the leader is even shorter... and as i said before, its the intentions of the angler, not the gear that they use... rookies get a pass, but i have caught fish on corkies and yarnballs, and have posted the pictures as proof... they can and will bite it, its all in the presentation and the intent...

OMG! never said that all fish caught on corkies or yarnies are flossed!! I have caught many using classic drift rigs as well...we all have...
and yes, you are correct in that its the intentions of the angler, being that you COULD floss with a 3 or even 2 foot leader if you really wanted to(and prolly do very rarely..but every once in awhile because of the nature of the technique)

but the long leaders which the point of the arguement.... arent for biters...i am not calling you a flosser for using corkies or yarnies, i WOULD be if you were using them with the long ass leader...

BTW there is a BIG difference between yarnies and someone just putting a chunk of yarn in their egg loop....
Posted by: Coho

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:04 PM

but seriously, dont anyone ever call me a flosser again,

ok Flosser

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:04 PM

lol

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:11 PM

I'm gonna guess that "BC" means "baitcaster"...though it's possible it means "Butt Chunk", or "Flossing Stick".

Fish on...

Todd

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:13 PM

1rst what does the BC stand for, not familiar...

2nd OMG! never said that all fish caught on corkies or yarnies are flossed!! I have caught many using classic drift rigs as well...we all have...
and yes, you are correct in that its the intentions of the angler, being that you COULD floss with a 3 or even 2 foot leader if you really wanted to(and prolly do very rarely..but every once in awhile because of the nature of the technique)

but the long leaders which the point of the arguement.... arent for biters...i am not calling you a flosser for using corkies or yarnies, i WOULD be if you were using them with the long ass leader...

BTW there is a BIG difference between yarnies and someone just putting a chunk of yarn in their egg loop....

BC stands for Bait Casting rod.... so, ya want to get even more scientific? fish can see leaders when Mono, but its still up in the air about Flouro... so, who flosses more, guys running Mono leaders or Flouro...?

after reading all this garbage name calling on here and another site, a couple days ago i just about broke all my rods and said fvck i i quit (insert second part of signature), but then realized im better than that, and i dont give a flying rats azz what someone else has to say about any of it... it still pisses me off if you havent noticed by now... and honestly, i think some people bring it up because they know that i will react to it, so they are just as bad as they are trying to make me look...
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:17 PM

Doesnt matter if its mono or floro... You can probably floss just as many with piano wire...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: avidangler
To quote Dan S. do us all a favor and set yourself on fire. ..... Please don't procreate.

bow bow bow flog
Posted by: RB3

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 10:21 PM

Summary.

RH is a flosser advocate and actually has a redhook on his flossing set up

Merg meat gazed OTS
Posted by: Dub

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 10:32 PM

Thanks for the summary. Saved me a lot of reading!
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 10:38 PM

JFC JFC JFC JFC
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 10:46 PM

This thread is like bad porno. It's kinda is disgusting you but you just gotta keep looking.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck E
This thread is like bad porno. It's kinda is disgusting you but you just gotta keep looking.

The Chucks nailed it!!!!

JFC and HFS (holy f'n sh!T)
rofl

Post Alley was the right choice!!! beer was cold, sun was hot, chicks were hotter smile I love tourist season in Seattle smile
Posted by: FishDoctor

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 11:42 PM

Classic PPP

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 11:53 PM

Ah, I get it......JFC JFC JFC

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 11:54 PM

I can see Jesus getting a little pissed off by this whole deal.

smile

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/15/12 11:59 PM

smile

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

smile

Set him on fire DanS

JFC
Posted by: bankbum

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:05 AM

My dad can beat up your dad.

My dad beat up Chuck Norris
Posted by: bankbum

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:15 AM

Omg! Idk what draws me to these threads involving RedHook. But can I have my 15 minutes back? Please?

Reading a thread involving RH is like listening to navigation in a different language. Sure you start out in the right direction...but you're destined to take a wrong turn within the first block

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:22 AM

im like crack, you just cant get enough of me can you?

im going to say this once, and only once...

i WILL leave this site, on my own, if you people dont quit with your antics... i have ZERO problem with that... anywhere i go, you will chase me just as usual.. because its YOU that has the issues, not me...

some of you idiots are ruining fishing for me with words you know nothing about... anyone that uses the word Flosser without having atleast 15 years of fishing under their belt should be banned from the internet... because you are just a trendy high school bitch that uses crap they heard from someone else... KNOCK IT OFF...

dont push me if you enjoy reading crap i post, because im not kidding here... and if you dont care or have something to say about it, feel free to shut the fvck up, because honestly, i dont give a rats a$$ what you think about me...

its YOU ruining this, not me, start talkin sh!t, im gonna get upset... period...
Posted by: tailout terror

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:29 AM

Wow! had to register just to talk to the legend, RH. Why so angry all the time, RH? Thanks for the good reads over the last couple of months. Okay, now that I've introduced myself, continue..... Got my two fish on the skok two days ago before the bozos showed up. Good times. We watched the circus after the three of us had 6 fish on the bank for bout' an hour. By 8:00 there were 86 people gathered around us for some fine, serene, aesthetically pleasing fishing.... I pooped in the river shortly after then left.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:29 AM

lol

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:30 AM

Oh, P.S. Don't call the warden on me for pooping. I heard that's frowned upon down there.
Posted by: deerlick

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:33 AM

goodbye flosser, snagger, ripper, line bump bite guy. go back to ur moms basement nd google up another fishing website to get pissed at and leave or be banned from. nobody likes what ur posts, what dont u understand about that. can u tell us your next username now instead of later, just for the slow to pick up on sooner than later next go around

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:35 AM

i like crack
...PERIOD...

fixed that for you dumbass

btw..why the hell was i even dealing with this thread..none of you other bastards where telling me of the thread on the dark side with redhook making a ass outta himself on the bean bag...AND CAR PLATE issues?? now i cant even post cause its locked..

oh wait..i can

'redkook...why dont YOU stop calling people names and whining about it on the internet...if you see something illegal happening YOU SHOULD CALL THE AUTHORITIES and stop bad mouthing them on the internet...they are just stealing stuff like you, just because they are doing it differently than you doesnt mean you can call them out on it here on the net...

just shut the F@ck up and protect "all that you have" stop whining about it here wasting all our time....

if you are soooo damn smart why dont you listen to yourself?

..maybe cause your head is so far up your a$$ that the knowledge you spew just sounds like crap????

JFC! (did i do it right chucks?)

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:36 AM

im like crack, you just cant get enough of me can you?

im going to say this once, and only once...

i WILL leave this site, on my own, if you people dont quit with your antics... i have ZERO problem with that... anywhere i go, you will chase me just as usual.. because its YOU that has the issues, not me...

some of you idiots are ruining fishing for me with words you know nothing about... anyone that uses the word Flosser without having atleast 15 years of fishing under their belt should be banned from the internet... because you are just a trendy high school bitch that uses crap they heard from someone else... KNOCK IT OFF...

dont push me if you enjoy reading crap i post, because im not kidding here... and if you dont care or have something to say about it, feel free to shut the fvck up, because honestly, i dont give a rats a$$ what you think about me...

its YOU ruining this, not me, start talkin sh!t, im gonna get upset... period...

So now you are trying to dictate how long someone has to fish before they can use a term? Someone can learn to fish from someone who teaches them how to do it ethically and know what and who is flossing in a season or two, so how about you go [Bleeeeep!] yourself. You have to be the biggest idiot on this board and the funny thing is you don't see it and keep posting.
I am beginning to think you had the cord wrapped around your throat as you passed down the canal during birth.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:39 AM

On the Swing,
I watched your video yesterday "as a lurker" and loved it. Very well done. Forgive me if this was already posted but are you running a go pro or contour? I recently came across a contour roam and am thoroughly pleased with it.... Got some ridiculous tail-walking action from recent summers...... Good visuals for cold winter days.... Keep the videos comin', man! Extremely well done. Especially like the "thank you for giving your life" to the fish thing.... Way cool....

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:40 AM

you call me slow and use "u" and "ur".... you dont like what i post because im REAL, and it might even piss you off because you know im right, but you cant say it....

OTS, i thought you would have kept your mouth shut by now... now im pissed...

your statement that i highlighted is exactly that... you were illegally fishing, after catching your 1st 2 fish, and you likely released them, and tried for larger fish, because there was noone around to see you... but you are too stupid to not slip up while you type, because you were too busy trying to glorify your fishing technique and glorify the fvckin Skokomish river...

you fail...

i may just go to the Skok this weekend, and if i see you, and you even so much as catch a 3rd fish, i will see to it that you go to jail for poaching... even if you keep it or not, its still the same IMO, at the least, it will be illegally fishing after the limit has been attained, wether kept or not... you should have kept your wannabe elitist fake azz mouth shut while you had the chance... im done with you, remember what i just said...

have fun...

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:46 AM

Wow..... RH, seriously, you need to think about what you post. I think that the fact that you take things so literally is what "pisses you off." I'm sure you're a great guy but seriously, man, lighten up. I'm also confident that if you inform a warden that a "bobber" guy let a couple fish go before he bonked the others he'd chuckle a bit, legal or not.....Just sayin....
Posted by: SundayMoney

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:48 AM

i may just go to the Skok this weekend,

Bullshiat

You can't get your girlfriend to drive you to Seattle to get a priceless work of art appraised,but now you're gonna get her to drive you all the way down to the Skokomish?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:53 AM

RH- like I said before you are a God damn idiot, It would be a ticket for the king after a limit not going to jail. God damn stop huffing paint and posting.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 12:57 AM

who the hell are you Dr Phil? are you a WDFW cop too?

SHUT UP...

im sick and tired of you fvcking IDIOTS dictating what someone else needs to do because you have fished for 5 years and think just because you read a book or 2 you are as good as the author because you caught a couple fish...

do you even see what you idiots brought this too, and what ive said?

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 01:02 AM

Like I said, why so angry? Gonna catch a couple dime kings in the AM tomorrow morning, keep my mouth shut, and watch you get pissed tomorrow night. Kinda becoming a nightly routine and I'm diggin it!

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 01:06 AM

J-T!tty-FC

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 01:08 AM

RH calling people idiots is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe your GF can drop you off at the puke tomorrow on her way to work so you can attempt to floss a king and then she can pick you up on her way home and buy you dinner.

Re: A quiet Skok opener.... - 08/16/12 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: gvbest
RH calling people idiots is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe your GF can drop you off at the puke tomorrow on her way to work so you can attempt to floss a king and then she can pick you up on her way home and buy you dinner.

Whoah.....Suddenly I am totally jealous of rh.......

......j/k