Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch

Posted by: BossMan

Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 10:18 PM

Got a call from the Shuttle guy as I was floating down the river asking me where my truck was. I said parked in the lot at Sultan, he said no it wasn't. frown

Near as I can tell it was stolen some time between 7:30 - 9:00am.

2012 White Ford F-250 Diesel with canopy (plate B29931V) and a utility/raft trailer (plate 86611WB).

Managed to disassemble my raft and stuff it in my wife's mini-van so at least I was able to get home.

On the off chance you see/ or saw it let me know.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 10:22 PM

Really sorry. That sucks. I suspect the bridge trolls.
Posted by: Salman

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 10:41 PM

Hope you get it back.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 11:00 PM

Wow...that's crap. Hope ya get it back soon and in good shape.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: Lofty

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 11:02 PM

So sorry to hear. Brings up old bad memories for myself. Hope you get truck & trailer back in crisp shape. I got my 15hp Yami 4 stroke stolen off my skiff two Aprils back and it still ticks me off. But I gotta be honest, I let it get me down, way down... Looking back now, I should have shaken it off and not for a minute stopped fishing and/or questioning returning back to the water. Don't let the scumbags win... Shrug it off and keep at it!
Tell anyone who questions your drive to get back out there, that you have to keep at it, or the scum wins. Don't let this occurrence be the feather that broke the camel's back as far as your passion to keep chas'en tail!
Sooner you get those gut check feelings worked out, the better. Go get back at it before winterheads show up. It's Kharma management at this point. You get your head straight. The DB who stole your hardware will pay. You likely won't be witness direct, rest assured, they'll pay...
Posted by: Coho

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 11:57 PM

Man that's horrible- had to be one nerve racking float with that on your mind

Good luck
Posted by: Barkoff

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/30/13 11:59 PM

Can I ask if you left the keys hidden on it?

Sorry to hear about that. I had a dream just a couple of nights ago somebody ripped off my old Dodge and Lance, even though I woke up and realized it was a dream, I was still pizzed off. Can't imagine how angry you are, I hope you get the sob.

Posted by: Todd

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 01:45 AM

That sucks...I hope they find the perp pdq.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: OnTheDrop

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 03:09 AM

Frickin lame, sorry to hear.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 03:22 AM

notify Border Patrol, asap..
Posted by: steeliedrew

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 06:43 AM

I'm sorry to hear. That's super lame and I hope they get what's coming to them. Just A suggestion: What I like to do is use a hide-a-key and stash the key before I leave my house. That way nobody is watching me hide my key before heading to the boat and leaving my truck.

Again, sorry this happened.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 08:14 AM

Should be at least one business nearby on highway 2 that has security cameras that might at least give you an idea which way they headed. More than likely there is a second vehicle involved.
Posted by: Nick Berto

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 09:01 AM

Sorry, that really sucks. foul

Really hate theives and hope you get your vehicle/trailer back. Ill keep my eye out in the area for it(Monroe/Sultan).
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 09:20 AM

Wow! That majorly sucks. [Bleeeeep!] Skytucky. That area just doesn't seem worth it to me for some hatchery turds.
Posted by: I'm So Metal

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 11:03 AM

Wow...that sucks, I hope you get it back

Sure makes a guy think twice about leaving the key for the shuttle. I've always done it without even giving any thought to the potential of my rig getting ripped off.

Then again I don't fish the skykomish either.
Posted by: Fear_no_fish

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 02:24 PM

There is a good chance it's somewhere around reiter pit being used as a meth lab now. Hopefully you get it back instead of it being jumped off a cliff. Sorry for your loss.
Posted by: nitefishin

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 04:02 PM

Sorry that happened Kurt.
That would make it a tough day on the water as mentioned above.
Hope they find your truck and trailer in good shape, or that insurance will get it replaced. That sucks.
Posted by: Hop_Spot

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 10/31/13 11:16 PM

That is way up there on the bad day of fishing list. So sorry and hope between a recovery or insurance you are not completely skrwd.

This is a good idea -
Quote:
Just A suggestion: What I like to do is use a hide-a-key and stash the key before I leave my house. That way nobody is watching me hide my key before heading to the boat and leaving my truck.

but then I always feel compelled to check it when I park the truck to be sure it is there for the shuttle......
Posted by: superfly

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 02:27 AM

Unbelievable, WTF........you can no longer enjoy doing anything remote or outdoors without the threat of theft !
I got it earlier this year, not like that but man, I am sorry, they will get them soon......................

Peace Fly
Posted by: Timber

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 10:19 AM

That sucks!
I have had a few break in's from the Satko Glenn theives but thats expected on the Satsop.......(grin)

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 03:43 PM

Update:

Found the truck yesterday. Was parked in the back parking lot of the businesses just west of the launch. The business owner said it showed up sometime Wednesday night, but they didn't call it in until the next morning.

That's the good news. Now the bad news.

No trailer
Busted window (also damaged the frame)
Looks like they tried to pry open the hood so the hood and front grill are slightly tweaked.
Tried to steal the batteries, but didn't have the right wrench so tried brute force
Took everything they could pick up from the inside
I tried to start it but it made an awful noise and then threw an error message. Got a call from the Ford dealer today, and turns out they took most of the exhaust system.

Hopefully, insurance will pay to get the truck right, but am still missing my trailer and that had no insurance which kind of sucks. Hopefully that turns up sometime.

We'll see how much of the stuff from inside gets covered. I guess if its not directly tied to the truck, it falls under my home owners insurance which is a separate and large deductible frown
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 04:07 PM

wheres the nearest scrap yard?
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 04:29 PM

Bossman,
Glad to hear that your truck was found.
Sorry to hear about the damage and your trailer.
Quick question, how was your trailer locked to the hitch?

I've got a raft trailer as well. Just trying to avoid as much as possible getting back to the launch and finding no trailer.
SF
Posted by: Todd

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 06:59 PM

Glad you got something back, at least.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/01/13 07:21 PM

If I could get away with it, I'd love to hose 'em with birdshot, like #8 or #9.
Hundreds of little holes in the bastards.
Then smash their hands with a chunk of #6 rebar as a going away present.

That should do it.

But vigilantism is wrong.
They say.

Edit:
I would be willing to trade all of the above for an Indonesian-style, ass-shredding caning.
Say about 50 lashes each.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/04/13 02:20 PM

DD,

Vigilantism is only wrong when society's LE and justice system function to make society safe, which is their fundamental purpose. Unfortunately, the system fails in that purpose. Vigilantism in a form that extracts justice by preventing perps from re-offending is exactly what will motivate society's LE and justice system to reform and become functional. Caning may be entertaining, but it is only useful if it "cures" the offender. I remain in the S-S-S camp. (Shoot, shovel, shut up simply because it works.)

Sg
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/04/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
DD,

Vigilantism is only wrong when society's LE and justice system function to make society safe, which is their fundamental purpose. Unfortunately, the system fails in that purpose. Vigilantism in a form that extracts justice by preventing perps from re-offending is exactly what will motivate society's LE and justice system to reform and become functional. Caning may be entertaining, but it is only useful if it "cures" the offender. I remain in the S-S-S camp. (Shoot, shovel, shut up simply because it works.)

Sg

OK, how 'bout an ass-shredding prior to S-S-S ?
The crime victim could land as many lashes as he or she would like.
Those in on the capture would get their time on the cane as well.
Posted by: SkykomishSunrise

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/04/13 08:27 PM

If I could only have 5 minutes alone with those S.O.B.s. I hate thieves! Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you at least got your truck back.
Posted by: cncfish

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/04/13 09:37 PM

I think the nearest scrap yard is in Monroe, on the east end of town by the railroad tracks.

that totally sucks but this town has a lot of problems...

Had I guy living in my shed for a couple of days, the girlfriend was on the back porch one morning when he came out, he didn't skip a beat just asked her if he could use the bathroom in the house.... k-9 unit found him, then found the drugs he stashed in the shed....

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/07/13 08:04 PM

Update #2

Well, some more good news.

They found my trailer. Picked it up tonight a mile or two outside of Monroe on a dead end street. The winch and winch stand, along with the rear roller are missing, but otherwise the trailer is fine. The winch stand and roller missing are a bit of a bummer as those are custom pieces I’m going to have to figure out how to get replaced. But still better than buying a whole new trailer.

Oh and the Ford dealer got back to me, the reason the truck wouldn't run is they took most of the exhaust system. He ball parked the repair bill at ~9k or more and that doesn't include the body damage.

After the insurance deductible and all the misc stuff missing not covered by insurance I'll probably be out $700-$1000, lost fishing time, plus a bunch of aggravation. An expensive day on the river. Also, makes me very leery of ever fishing up there again. frown
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/07/13 08:16 PM

GDITMMM!
Posted by: GBL

Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch - 11/09/13 02:24 PM

You guys need to take control and start a group that splits time watching from afar, wait, pounce, Wheel lock to the head and dump in the King hole downstream, make for a good underwater snag!