STOLEN BOAT!!!!

Posted by: landcruiserwilly

STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 09:52 AM

woke up this morning to find my boat gone.

2005 Starcraft C-Star 186
18.5' aluminum red stripe over white
90 merc main
9.9 4 stroke kicker
red boat cover

Wa. Lic# 8062YF

boat numbers WN-6605-NU

Main Motor: 2005 Mercury 90 hp model 90ELPTO s/n 1B006873
Kicker: 2005 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke pull start s/n 0T677195

missing from mill creek sometime between midnight and 6. space under the boat was dry-ish at 6.

thieves had been here over the weekend and cut the extension cord to the charger. i filed a report with snohomish county sheriff last night. i'll post a pic later if i can find one.

UPDATE: neighbor said they saw suspicious activity-as in lights off driving thru the neighborhood-at ~3am. dark late 80's-90's GMC pickup, displaying "truck nutz" (confirmed my stereotype)

so far, no sign of the boat

willy
Posted by: Todd

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 10:03 AM

That sucks :-( I hope it comes home soon.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 10:05 AM

Really sorry guy. That sucks. Hope they get it back!

I assume Tye's brother and sister did the same fine guard dog duty as he would have.
Posted by: Nick Berto

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 10:22 AM

Sorry for your loss, hate theives!!!

Check any and all tribal land closest to your location... Lots of stolen boats have been found/receovered lately completely stripped and dumped, hope you find yours safe!

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 10:30 AM

i feel terrible. my wife called me over the weekend while I was hunting and mentioned that the skeg on the main was touching the ground. figured one of the neighbor kids was messing around. turns out they had raised the trailer jack, but maybe couldn't figure out how to raise the trim and abandoned the idea. lindsey noticed that one of the outlets in the bathroom was out sunday night. the boat charger extension cord was on the same circuit, which shorted when they cut the cord. last night, i put a chain through the wheel and around the trailer frame. they cut it off and defeated the coupler lock (are they all junk?). I had just filed an online report last night….. damn….
Posted by: RognSue

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 10:44 AM

Bastards...Hate the thought of having to take the tires off just keep your boat at home... Bastards...
Posted by: CedarR

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Get a picture up soon as possible. Maybe someone will recognize it.
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 11:48 AM

Damn, really sorry for your loss LCW. I'll keep my eye out and I hope they find the bastards!
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:02 PM

POS thieves......get a rope. +1 on hanging a picture here and on Bloodydecks, chances are someone will spot it.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:15 PM

That is awful. Thieves make my blood boil.

Definitely get a pic up as soon as possible.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:26 PM

Sorry for your loss. Thieves are the lowest of the low. I just had my freezer looted of all my Tuna. They left everything else, but the tuna is gone. mad

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:30 PM

thanks for the condolences. google earth has good pics, thanks for the advice. i've had a boat out there continuously for over 10 years with no problems. makes me sick. that's some balls to come back after the failed attempt. I'm glad my wife was not here alone, either. i'm rambling…not sure what to do. i'm making lists of stuff in the boat now.

willy

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:50 PM

i know i'm driving myself crazy right now

here's another pic:

they came prepared, cut the chain i put on there last night:

Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 12:54 PM

I live near Mill Creek off Cascadian Way, I'll keep an eye out.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 02:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I hope you get your boat back soon and the scum bags get caught.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
SF
Posted by: fp

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 06:37 PM

This is terrible. Hope it returns.

fp
Posted by: gooybob

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 07:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear that man. I feel like crime is everywhere and we are all being held hostage in one way or another. I hope you find them and they get hard time. That feeling you get when this sh!t happens is sick and you feel helpless. It sucks that you have to work your ass off to be able to buy something that nice and some loser who probably doesn't work takes it. I wish you luck.
Posted by: TanTastic84

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 07:50 PM

I'm sorry man. I hope you either find it or insurance helps dull the pain.

Sons of bitches. That all that can be said. I hope the MFers get their's one of these days.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 08:32 PM

Any neighbors have security cams running ?
Or any businesses that might have cameras running along their escape route ?

When caught, air drop the bastards into an ISIS stronghold.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/15/14 09:21 PM

Dam Bill that was the one I just offered ya 50 K for... ok maybe 25
Posted by: RB3

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/16/14 11:23 AM

Did you by chance include all of the serials on equipment in your report? That's by far the best way to catch these thieves.

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/16/14 01:04 PM

thanks for the overwhelming response, and all the support. no cams in the area,DD. i live on a cul de sac, off of a dead end road. I polled the neighbors, and 1 saw a truck about 3 am parked w/ the lights off. probably him/them. serial numbers are out there on the first post of this thread, as well as on facebook. lots of people keeping their eyes out for the boat. my wife is now concerned with safety, can't blame her.

Art, If I get it back, we can still do the deal for 25K.

I'm convinced that there are still good people out there, and a lot of them are on this board. thanks guys!

willy
Posted by: snit

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/16/14 04:34 PM

Damn...that just sucks balls!!!!! Hope you get it back in the original condition!
Posted by: Bigskyx

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/16/14 05:32 PM

If you want to share your facebook post here we could all share to spread the news. Hope you get it back intact and catch the bastards that stole it!
Posted by: Canyon Man

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/17/14 01:53 PM

Bill,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, but very happy that we have you properly protected! I know that it doesn't help with that uneasy feeling of being ripped off, especially at your home, but maybe the insurance check will take a little sting out of a crappy situation.

CM
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/17/14 03:30 PM

So any word on the Truck Nutz?

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/17/14 03:56 PM

No word on nutz or the boat. Scott, thanks for the help and encouragement. I would strongly suggest that anybody with a boat get insured. If I hadn't talked to canyon man earlier this summer, I would have suffered a terrible financial blow. It's not expensive. Do it. Bigskyx, I personally do not do the FB thing. I think the first post in this thread has the pertinent info. The FB posts have been put in place by friends.

Thanks
Willy
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/17/14 04:24 PM

Man that sux ballz....hope ya get it back some how.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: Coho

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/17/14 04:48 PM

Sucks to hear anyone have a boat stolen or their shiiat broke into

Hope you recover it
Posted by: outfishn

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/18/14 12:17 PM

Hang in there Bill! What a terrible growing problem. First JasonH, now Willie, and of course others that I don't know personally. We need to all band together and stop this #$%! from happening.
Posted by: no fish10

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/18/14 11:01 PM

Over here in Kitsap County I have heard of a lot of kicker motors stolen. These thefts are usually with a boat parked outside but right next to the house. I am lucky enough to be able to keep my boat in my garage with a alarm system. When I stay at a motel I put a vibration detector on my boat. Google vibration detector and you will see what I am talking about. These are used on bicycles and motorcycles. It probably really annoys the thief when that 120 DB alarm goes off. Mine only cost me 8 dollars. I don't have much faith in the police. They are too busy chasing hookers and people without seat belts. When my truck was stolen in Tacoma they acted like they were not even interested. The old cop that filled out the report said the never found stolen vehicles other people would call up and tell them where they were.
Posted by: RB3

Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!! - 10/18/14 11:46 PM

No fish that's sad to hear. But not every PD is that way. I can assure you of that. Serial numbers are the best way to catch thieves as when they sell or pawn stolen merchandise the database will get a hit along with the face/identity of the person trying to pawn it. Other than that, it's much like trying to find a needle in a haystack.