Rod Building Components

Posted by: Eric

Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 05:09 PM

Now that the Angler's Workshop store blew town I'm wondering if there are any shops in the Puget Sound area, or for that matter, the Portland area that have a good selection of parts for building a rod top to bottom?

I realize there are online options but the whole beauty of Angler's was I could walk right in with my blank and piece together/fit exactly what I wanted with no wrong turns.

Anyone know of anything shop-wise in the area that offers this?

Thanks.
Posted by: Bantam

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 05:19 PM

Batson Enterprises
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 05:24 PM

Utmost Enterprises.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 05:45 PM

I was thinking Batson as well, but I don't know if their component selection is as large as AW was.

Never heard of Utmost. Where are they?
Posted by: fishbadger

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 05:49 PM

Retail outlet for Batson in the Sequim district?

fb
Posted by: Todd

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 06:06 PM

Utmost is Batson, and they have an absolute TON of stuff.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: ONTHESAUK

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 06:18 PM

Gregs in Lake Stevens has most of the basic stuff.

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 07:00 PM

Thanks for the replies so far.

Does Batson have a retail shop I can walk into? As mentioned in the original post, I'm not looking for online…..rather a shop I can walk into and pick my parts.
Posted by: Old Crab

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 07:55 PM

Batson's retail store is called Fisherman's Outlet about a mile north on the Carlsborg Road, West of Sequim a couple miles West of the Dungeness River. Bring your blank in and they have all the components-guides, rod wrap, reel seats, cork, etc.. Also a good place to buy wholesale reels (limited selection) and other tackle.
Posted by: bushbear

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/17/14 09:38 PM

Turn N on Carlsborg Road off Hwy 101 at the stop light. There'll be a Shell station on your right at the light.

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/18/14 07:43 PM

Good to know. Thanks fellas!
Posted by: fp

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/18/14 08:02 PM

I think I have a blank I would love to build this winter while I sit on my hiner.

No idea where and what to buy. Would love to go into a rod building component shop with it and buy the stuff I would need.

fp
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Rod Building Components - 12/18/14 08:52 PM

I have 3 batson blanks that I bought years ago... never did make it down to anglers to buy the components... its nice to hear of a sequim connection, I'll be making the trip during the holidays!