#muckleshaft

Posted by: Sky-Guy

#muckleshaft - 07/28/15 06:34 PM

Go check it out on facebook. It's a new social media campaign designed to bring awareness to the tribes negotiation tactics at North of Falcon, tribal allocation of impacts to LW Wild Chinook, and explain why the recreational 2015 area 10 Chinook fishery was cancelled, and area 9 Chinook fishery was cut short.

Like, send to your friends, and feel free to comment on the infographics.

You can find the page by doing a facebook search on "#muckleshaft"

Oh, and feel free to post a picture of your boat sitting on a trailer....
Posted by: Todd

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/28/15 06:49 PM

I've already been amused at the responses there from tribal members.

Some are thoughtful, though misguided as to what the point of the page is...others make the Dark Side conversations look smart wink

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MuckleShaft/860098050741480

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/28/15 07:01 PM

Nice InfoGrams
Posted by: bk paige

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/29/15 12:44 AM

As I haven't been on Fb in over 2 years and the last time was to shutdown my account (think it still there) I will let some friends that don't fish know what's up and spread the word. At least the link Todd put up works to see the ignorant comments, keep up the good work Riley and thank you.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/29/15 08:05 AM

Thank you all for fighting the good fight and for bringing awareness to the masses. I haven't logged into FB in over 5 years, but I will be making an exception in this case.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/29/15 11:17 AM

Paleeeez.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: Bay wolf

Re: #muckleshaft - 07/31/15 10:02 AM

I applaud you guys for the effort. Unfortunately, there's probably a whole lot of old timers like me who won't sign up to FB. So, you may have a much bigger following than the counter shows. No way to "like" the site unless you join FB, or so it seems.
Posted by: bushbear

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/05/15 02:55 PM

Not sure that portion of MA 9 is in the U and A for the Muckleshoots
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/05/15 03:11 PM

This would be the Hood Canal tribes, particularly Pt Gamble and Skokomish
Posted by: Timber

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/07/15 09:41 PM

Joe Hatch Sr has some slainin to do!

Clarification so none are confused he is the F&W director for the Tulalip tribe.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/07/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S
muckleshafted?

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov
August 5, 2015
Portion of Marine Area 9 closes to salmon fishing
Action: Fishing for salmon is closed south and west of a line from Foulweather Bluff to Olele Point to the Hood Canal Bridge within Marine Catch Area 9 (Admiralty Inlet), except angling for salmon from shore is allowed from the Hood Canal Bridge to the northern boundary of Salsbury Point Park.
Effective Date: Aug. 6 through Aug. 15, 2015.
Species affected: Coho and pink salmon.
Location: Waters south and west of a line from Foulweather Bluff to Olele Point to the Hood Canal Bridge in Marine Catch Area 9.
Reason for action: Closing salmon fishing in this area is necessary to protect mid-Hood Canal chinook per state-tribal management plans agreed to during the North of Falcon pre-season process.
Other information: Shore angling for salmon is allowed from the Hood Canal Bridge to the northern boundary of Salsbury Point Park with the following regulations:
Daily limit is 2 salmon, plus 2 additional pink salmon. Release chinook and chum. Anglers should consult the Sports Fishing Rules pamphlet for specific regulations (see Marine Area 9 map, "Hood Canal Closure and Fishery" specified in footnote number 6).
Information contact: Laurie Peterson (360) 902-2790 or Ryan Lothrop (360) 902-2808.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the WDFW "Fishing in Washington" rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations. Fishing rules are subject to change. Check the WDFW Fishing hotline for the latest rule information at (360) 902-2500, press 2 for recreational rules. For the Shellfish Rule Change hotline call (360)796-3215 or toll free 1-866-880-5431.

Odd one for sure.
Closed until MA 9 chinook closure then opened on the July 27th.
Closed again the August 6th.
Opens again on August 16th.
Posted by: luckydogss

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/12/15 03:04 PM

Stopped by the Ballard locks yesterday. Normally, kings would be at about the peak of the run ( at least abundance wise in the salt) and with no rec fishing and no directed netting by the tribe, I figured I would see a bunch crossing.
I saw one jack, one beat up sockeye, and two hatchery kings - one of those with what looked like net marks.
I looked out in the bay, didn't see any nets but I was really surprised I didn't see more fish. The wound on the king made me a little suspicious. I don't know what else it would have caused that kind of injury.
I think I'm going to start making regular visits down there, maybe in the wee hours to see what I can find out.

I'm working along the Duwamish so I'll keep an eye on that as well. If anyone is in either of those two areas, please take a look. We might be surprised what's going on right under our nose!!
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/12/15 04:33 PM

Locks counts for both sockeye and Chinook suck this year.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/12/15 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: stonefish
Originally Posted By: Chuck S
muckleshafted?

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov
August 5, 2015
Portion of Marine Area 9 closes to salmon fishing
Action: Fishing for salmon is closed south and west of a line from Foulweather Bluff to Olele Point to the Hood Canal Bridge within Marine Catch Area 9 (Admiralty Inlet), except angling for salmon from shore is allowed from the Hood Canal Bridge to the northern boundary of Salsbury Point Park.
Effective Date: Aug. 6 through Aug. 15, 2015.
Species affected: Coho and pink salmon.
Location: Waters south and west of a line from Foulweather Bluff to Olele Point to the Hood Canal Bridge in Marine Catch Area 9.
Reason for action: Closing salmon fishing in this area is necessary to protect mid-Hood Canal chinook per state-tribal management plans agreed to during the North of Falcon pre-season process.
Other information: Shore angling for salmon is allowed from the Hood Canal Bridge to the northern boundary of Salsbury Point Park with the following regulations:
Daily limit is 2 salmon, plus 2 additional pink salmon. Release chinook and chum. Anglers should consult the Sports Fishing Rules pamphlet for specific regulations (see Marine Area 9 map, "Hood Canal Closure and Fishery" specified in footnote number 6).
Information contact: Laurie Peterson (360) 902-2790 or Ryan Lothrop (360) 902-2808.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the WDFW "Fishing in Washington" rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations. Fishing rules are subject to change. Check the WDFW Fishing hotline for the latest rule information at (360) 902-2500, press 2 for recreational rules. For the Shellfish Rule Change hotline call (360)796-3215 or toll free 1-866-880-5431.

Odd one for sure.
Closed until MA 9 chinook closure then opened on the July 27th.
Closed again the August 6th.
Opens again on August 16th.

that lie is perpetuated so that the commercial fishermen have exclusive rights to the port gamble coho... its too bad too because that used to be a great fishery for people with small boats...

Posted by: Geoduck

Re: #muckleshaft - 08/12/15 09:41 PM

Not the first small boat salmon fishery WDFW has sacrificed for the sake of chinook gillnetters this year.