positive skok vibes

Posted by: On The Swing

positive skok vibes - 08/05/15 06:32 PM

Positive morning today, on the water at 5am to find only 3 flossers above claybanks at the skok! 5 fish attacked my eggs through the morning, with me totally asleep on one, a couple thrown hooks, a wild jack on another and this beauty to make me content enough to head home.

The great part was the positive attitudes, even with 6 of us on the hole (4 flossing, but NOT ripping)..even the 5 tribal guys that came down to snagg. Everyone gave eachother room and left their attitudes at home. We all caught fish, and had fun together doing it!
Just a darn good morning for the skok.

Despite the absolute ridiculous crap going on 200 yards below at the claybanks complete with toddmod shouting "in da mouf!" smile

Btw guys for those of you in this fishery this year and those of you happy with the bobber only season and change finally coming to the river, let WDFW know! It's a simple 5 minute call to the Olympia office to show support and comment on this breathe of fresh air to this usual cesspool.

Posted by: On The Swing

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/05/15 06:38 PM

Officer smith was also on hand this morning to ride herd on the usual suspects.
He approached us with a smile, as always, and was great to talk to for a break in the morning. His attitude (as most of us know thumbs) was happy, courteous, and professional in the discussions about the river. Simply said a fine officer.
Posted by: bankbum

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/05/15 11:22 PM

Don't want to derail this great post. But Smith has been getting bashed hard by skok fishermen this year. Countless claims of unprofessional encounters with fishermen of the snagger/flosser variety.

This infuriates me. Smith is always professional and always a joy to talk to. I've never seen him without a smile on his face. He's a damn good warden.
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/06/15 12:21 AM

thumbs x bazillions
Posted by: Todd

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/06/15 09:01 AM

When flossers and snaggers are whining about a game warden...then I'm pretty sure that's a game warden I would like to buy a beer or three.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: gooybob

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/06/15 02:12 PM

+10!
Posted by: Timber

Re: positive skok vibes - 08/06/15 02:36 PM

There is no such thing as "positive skok vibes" wink