First SNOW!

Posted by: eyeFISH

First SNOW! - 12/05/16 08:14 AM

Be careful out there. Wet sloppy stuff just starting to accumulate in my neck-o-the-woods.

How 'bout you?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 08:37 AM

Snow in Oly. Nice and slushy, just in time for it to freeze tonight.
Posted by: Todd

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 09:05 AM

Inch and a half here and still coming down! Surprised it hasn't burned to rain yet.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: bushbear

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 10:33 AM

Sun is still shining in Sequim. Prediction is for snow this afternoon/evening....
Posted by: Larry B

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: bushbear
Sun is still shining in Sequim. Prediction is for snow this afternoon/evening....

No, no, and NO! Can't be....snow in Sequim? How will the tourist bureau spin that??? Oh, and just a bit of slush on the windshield here in U.P. this morning.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 02:01 PM

Theres enough at Capitol Peak for a fun day of sledding and a bonfire... Just saying..

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 07:36 PM

Had a little rain, but still no snow. Hope it holds off until after we're done spawning coho tomorrow
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 07:50 PM

Wintry mix in NE Oly this morning, no accumulation. Nothing now.
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 10:09 PM

Just shy of 2" here this am. Also had 52 Canada geese pitch into the back yard while it was still a winter wonderland. Somebody must have given 'em a copy of the waterfowl regs to gander....
Posted by: Larry B

Re: First SNOW! - 12/05/16 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bushbear
Had a little rain, but still no snow. Hope it holds off until after we're done spawning coho tomorrow

News weather folks saying up to 5 inches out your way tonight. Could be a bit dicey and chilly at the hatchery in the A.M. It's 34F and dropping here.
Posted by: ColeyG

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 12:01 AM

-22 at my place this morning. Snow has been falling for a few months now. At least I got to see the sun for about two hours today. December in Alaska...
Posted by: NickD90

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
-22 at my place this morning. Snow has been falling for a few months now. At least I got to see the sun for about two hours today. December in Alaska...

No. I do not abide nor subscribe. I did Michigan for 8 years. While not Alaska cold, it sucked. I'm far too skinny for that nonsense. I suppose I could put up with it for a couple of weeks at hunting camp or whatever. For months on end? Nope. Out.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
Wintry mix in NE Oly this morning, no accumulation. Nothing now.

A little more snow as well.. Ayuh!

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 07:16 PM

Ended up with a couple of inches on the deck this a.m. Pretty cold spawning coho this morning at the Dungeness hatchery. Some of the biggest coho I've seen in a number of years came back to the hatchery this year. We put 400+ adults and 300+ jacks back into the river for nutrient enhancement today.
Posted by: Speyguy

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: ColeyG

-22 is doable, 2 hrs of daylight....maybe not so much.
Posted by: ColeyG

Re: First SNOW! - 12/06/16 10:35 PM

Agreed. I put up with sub-zero temperatures for weeks at a time living in tents as part of my day job in the early spring and summer. The solar effect makes a huge difference. This time of year, well it just plain sucks in most parts of this state.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: First SNOW! - 12/07/16 05:27 AM

22 here this am, which is about as cold as it ever gets in these parts. Par for the course, my gas boiler went out on me 2 days ago and the house is freezing. The dogs and I have been curling up on the couches in front of the fire the past couple of nights. If the HVAC guy can't find the correct replacement part, I'll probably have to get a whole new system. That's cool though - it's not like I needed that $8 grand anyway. Everyone is getting boiler parts for Xmas this year! YAY!!!!
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: First SNOW! - 12/07/16 12:46 PM

I live in zip code 98520 for many reasons, but 1 of those reasons is "not much snow and not much cold weather"

I did the cold, Korea 1958-59, heavy equipment operator, bull dozer ...Inchon on temporary duty, just happened to be winter time. We were building road to top of a "high hill" for a Nike launch site. It got so cold that the "pony engine" would start but when trying to turn the diesel engine over....just couldn't do it. Work around was leave one bull dozer run all night, then use to push start the other bull dozers....

Other TIME, my college experience, 1964-68 was done in Spearfish, South Dakota, Northern part of the Black Hills. First year there it got to -39, AND THE WIND WAS BLOWING. Poor old 1963 Ford, no garage, had to be towed to get it started....

I'll take the little bit of snow and the "in 20's cold.....leave all the big snows and the bitter cold to "others".

Stay warm......mmmmmm to wood heat....

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 03:20 PM

The white stuff is falling pretty thick the past hour in 98520... cold enough to stick.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 03:54 PM

I checked the radar and it's on its way here now...it's well below freezing here, it's gonna pile up a bit tonight, calling for three or four inches...but may turn to rain before it's all done.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 04:15 PM

I still had stuff from the previous event. The roads out my way have been frozen the past few days. Now more snow. It will take some time for things to thaw.

I may or may not make it to the WDFW Commission meeting tomorrow.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 06:04 PM

2" here in the last 2 hours and still coming down. NOAA says 2-4 more before 4am.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 06:13 PM

About an inch here, 31.4 degrees.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 08:39 PM

2-3 here now, forecast less than 1" overnight before turning to freezing rain.
Posted by: Brad_tgl

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 08:56 PM

Monday night out here in Port Angeles we received an unexpected dose of snow. We will see what happens tonight...

Posted by: CedarR

Re: First SNOW! - 12/08/16 09:01 PM

Three inches in East Oly. Snow has stopped for the time being.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 12:16 AM

Already turned to RAIN in 98520.

GD it's fuggin COLD out here!

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 05:48 AM

3-4 inches at work in Lacey, roads are slick but not too bad... other drivers are what scare me in the snow.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 06:54 AM

Old comment on snow in western WA ia that it is like sex. Never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.

Probably 2" here on Budd Inlet, but it's raining and slushy now.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 08:14 AM

Surprisingly it is all still here this morning, a few inches.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 08:24 AM

An inch of slush here in Duvall.....oh, the horror! I have deeper frost in my freezer....just sayin'.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 09:18 AM

Turned into a couple inches here in SE Oly overnight. Getting toward slush with an off and on misty light drizzle - didn't need a coat to go out and fetch the morning paper.
Posted by: Brad_tgl

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 09:23 AM

Added another four inches which closed down the schools today. Staying cold and still snowing in spurts.

Re: First SNOW! - 12/09/16 10:10 AM

Got a skiff SW of Sequim last night. Light, misty rain now.