Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery

Posted by: Lucky Louie

Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery - 07/05/18 06:50 AM

I’ve been wanting to try out this land locked Chinook fishery for some years and now with my son and his family in that area this could end up being the year to give it a try.

Anybody fish there before?

It sounds like close to the same gear used in Area 9/10 PS Chinook fishery?
Posted by: Todd

Re: Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery - 07/05/18 08:59 AM

When I was in Spokane I knew a guy who did it, and he did pretty well with the usual salmon gear.

I caught one on a small spinner in the Spokane River fishing for troots...must have washed over/thru the dam on a high water, that was quite a surprise. Was only about an eight pounder, but I thought I had the biggest brown trout in the area for a second or two til I realized what it was.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery - 07/06/18 05:38 AM

Ok thanks Todd,

Making a call over there yesterday afternoon, it sounds like I have everything in the tackle box except a herring helmet--probably will use artificial lures suggested.

The Chinook will probably hang out along the points in 30-90 feet of water feeding on Kokanee—let the electronics take care of that.

Fishing license and boat sticker reasonable.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery - 07/06/18 07:58 AM

Good luck,
while the fishing may not be spectacular the scenery and the views are.

Re: Lake Coeur D’Alene Chinook fishery - 07/10/18 06:16 AM

Thanks, and good idea, since the grandkids are fishing one of the days--so a contingency plan of looking into kokanee fishing might be needed to hopefully liven things up a bit.