Fishing regs - where to get?

Posted by: Sal Fario

Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/09/21 12:40 PM

It's already past time. Where can you pick up a copy of the fishing regs? OE and Overlake FM don't have them.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/09/21 12:43 PM

I don't think the print copies have come out yet...we're stuck with checking online until they get them printed up. Last I heard the printers had pandemic-related supply chain issues with paper and ink.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/09/21 04:14 PM

Pamphlets are supposedly going to be available mid July.
SF
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/12/21 09:02 PM

Not to be too critical but printing of the pamphlets is an annual event; seems there should have been plenty to time to get materials. "Prior planning prevents piss poor performance."
Posted by: Rivrguy

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 08:51 AM

Hell most of the agency staff have been hanging out at home for work with the virus thing. I doubt that anything that requires human contact with any gov entity is anywhere but in the toilet.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Hell most of the agency staff have been hanging out at home for work with the virus thing. I doubt that anything that requires human contact with any gov entity is anywhere but in the toilet.

In the supply chain this should have been a no brainer; same number of pamphlets using the same ink, etc. The variables being all of the revenue generating ads and, oh by the way, the actual regs.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 11:04 AM

They do not finalize anything until the end of NOF and Fed stuff. There was a several week hang up around the APA until tribe and state agreed.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 05:12 PM

They do not finalize anything until the end of NOF and Fed stuff. There was a several week hang up around the APA until tribe and state agreed.

I fully understand they can't go to print until the fat lady sings but part of the excuse was Covid impacts on the supply chain. My point has been that what the printer, whomever that might be, should have had materials in hand or at least fully committed given the repetitive nature of the print job.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 05:25 PM

And the time. You know how many pages, how many copies, and a due date well in advance. Schedule.
Posted by: large edward

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 05:26 PM

They used to be available well in advance of their effective date at any license dealer. Emphasis on "used to be"....
Posted by: Smalma

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 06:21 PM

It appears that the co-managers agreed to and signed the list of agreed to fisheries (LOAF) on April 23 rd. Apparently 68 days is not enough time to get a pamphlet out. Remember it has only been since 2015 that the new regs went in effect on July first. Prior to that time the new regs went in effect on May first.

Curt
Posted by: large edward

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/13/21 06:28 PM

Yes. Uncoupling the effective dates of the fishing license cycle and associated regulations was another brilliant move.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/26/21 08:41 PM

Had to go to Dennis Co. and they were told they would be shipped this week. OK.................

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/26/21 11:14 PM

Had to go to Dennis Co. and they were told they would be shipped this week. OK.................

22/23? Yikes, they will be on time.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/30/21 11:00 AM

7/30/2021

Dennis Company in Aberdeen got a supply, a few days ago........

So they are now out !!!!!!!!! hello

Get yours while the getting is good.....
Posted by: bushbear

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/30/21 08:29 PM

I finally got a cop6 from the fish checker at the Yacht Club ramp in Port Angeles this afternoon.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 07/31/21 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bushbear
I finally got a cop6 from the fish checker at the Yacht Club ramp in Port Angeles this afternoon.

Okay, time for the rest of the story......

Did that fish checker do anything other than provide a pamphlet? Like check a fish????
Posted by: bushbear

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 08/01/21 10:34 PM

The fish checkers here in PA are doing their job. Easy to talk with. Keep us up to date on fish checked . Depending on the ramp (Yacht Club or Ediz Hook) they can be pretty busy. Have had some lumpy water the past couple of days. Chinook are coming in with a CPUE on Chinook running between .3 and .5. We're hoping we'll get through the end of the season. Sea conditions might just get us there. Pinks are starting to show up.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 08/02/21 05:13 PM

Lots of pamphlets at Fred Meyers today.
SF
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 08/02/21 06:10 PM

why would anyone want to get one? most of it is to depressing.

Re: Fishing regs - where to get? - 08/02/21 08:30 PM

Yeah, if all you fish for is salmon and steelhead, you probably don’t need the pamphlet. Might be good for starting a campfire though....
SF