XMAS PRESENT TO SELF

Posted by: Rivrguy

XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 07:48 AM

Well now last year I bought myself an Edge 10ft 6 -17 Black Widow rod. ( yes it is the one the Sea Lion got to ) I matched it to a Shimano Vanford spinning reel and lord I do luv that combo. So this year I repeated with a Edge 10-6 First Strike 10 -20 lb again matched to an Vanford Spinning Reel. Guys the Edge rods are rather unbelievable ( not sea lion proof ) and worth every damn penny. Gary got it right and the price is great but it is online only and you order and wait to they do up a batch of the one you ordered which is how they get the price down. So I was selfish and got a second rod for 2021 Xmas.

With all the BS in this world flying around 24 - 7 and even fishing going to hell and back I just figured go for it. So now what have you all got yourself for Xmas?
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 08:26 AM

a dewalt 20v sawzall.... and a pair of carhart pants.
Posted by: Lifter99

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 08:54 AM

Anything other than fishing tackle. I live in the South Sound and basically with nothing to fish for and the various fishing seasons (other trout fishing in the lakes) either closed and/or restricted from year to year, I can't justify spending money on boats/motors, tackle , lures etc. now. I do my river fishing in Grays Harbor and it looks like winter steelhead fishing there is finished. I am contemplating giving all my steelhead tackle and lures away to guys I know who fish Forks and SW Washington for winter steelies.
Posted by: Lifter99

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 08:56 AM

I should have said nothing to fish for this winter in the rivers and South Sound areas I fish.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 08:58 AM

12/17/2021

Memories....Go for short drives to the Wynoochee, the Satsop, and different areas of the Chehalis....take IPhone pictures of places I loved to fish and catch salmon, summer/winter steelhead, even a Chehalis springer, 100's of salmon jacks, with current WDFW practices....the pictures could be about as close I'll get to the "old days" and the old ways of fishing.
Posted by: CedarR

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 12:16 PM

Early gift from my kids...a "Claminator." It's a big improvement over the forty year old aluminum "clam gun" I'd been using previously. If razor clam populations crash in the next few years, you can blame me and WDFW management.
Posted by: thaxor

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 12:21 PM

I break anything nice I own but that 6-17 edge rod sounds sweet,!!
My Shimano saros is just about dead, should replace with vanford or stradic.

Rvrguy you should probably get some commission from edge/Shimano, you make a good sales pitch..

New shift cables and maybe an intake fin for the sled.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 01:10 PM

A couple new fly lines, a bunch of tying materials, new rain jacket and a new buff to cover my ears while fishing in the sun.
I really didn’t need any of it except the last thing, but what the hell. You only live once.
SF
Posted by: PiperFLA

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/17/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: stonefish
a new buff to cover my ears while fishing in the sun.

Glad to hear that there is still some sun in Washington Stonefish... I miss seeing your pictures on the shores of the Puget Sound...

And a Merry Christmas to all of you other filthy animals on PP... the best present you've ever been given was when the Grinch nuked the darkside... Yippee Ki Yay, motherfu(kers
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/18/21 09:03 PM

Quack Quack.

Duck hunting was fabulous today.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/21/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: PiperFLA
the best present you've ever been given was when the Grinch nuked the darkside.

Ho! Ho! Boat Ho!
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/21/21 11:47 PM

New ski gear cause it looks like that'll be my winter sport now instead of steelhead and blackmouth. Volkle skis, Tecnica boots, Tyrolia bindings, North Face bibs and a Mountain Hard Wear jacket.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 12:50 PM

a new buff to cover my ears while fishing in the sun.

Glad to hear that there is still some sun in Washington Stonefish... I miss seeing your pictures on the shores of the Puget Sound...

And a Merry Christmas to all of you other filthy animals on PP... the best present you've ever been given was when the Grinch nuked the darkside... Yippee Ki Yay, motherfu(kers

Piper,
Good to hear from you. In FLA now…….which part?
This past summer was brutal. I’d rather rust then melt!
Hope you are catching some fish down there and happy holidays.
SF
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: T.K. Paker
the best present you've ever been given was when the Grinch nuked the darkside.

Ho! Ho! Boat Ho!

It was basically coal, because he ruined the football pick’ems.

But yeah, the fishing trips to Florida have always been bountiful. Atlantic fish are pretty stable for whatever reason.
Posted by: Todd

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 02:06 PM

Been wearing glasses and contacts since the 90s in law school...buying myself laser eye surgery for Christmas.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: PiperFLA

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 09:08 PM

Piper,
This past summer was brutal.
SF

HA HA, Brutal is an understatment, When Inslee shut off fishing in Washington, we ditched washington for CDA Idaho for a year, and ultimately ended up in Naples FL... The shellfishing sucks and Its hotter than a mutherfu(ker in the summer but we have year round estuaries, big blue water and ditch pickles in every friggen mudpuddle. It is literally year round fishing here...

I cant wait to come back this summer to fish the Area 9 opener (if it actually happens) and If you'[re ever down this way, the estuary fly fishing is the best in the world... I will get a skiff eventually but till then, i've got the only Smokercraft pro-lodge in Florida!

One of these days I'll post a few picures.... hopefully now that the darkside is gone, this will turn into a fishing board again...

take care all and Merry Christmas!

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 11:20 PM

Piper,
This past summer was brutal.
SF

HA HA, Brutal is an understatment, When Inslee shut off fishing in Washington, we ditched washington for CDA Idaho for a year, and ultimately ended up in Naples FL... The shellfishing sucks and Its hotter than a mutherfu(ker in the summer but we have year round estuaries, big blue water and ditch pickles in every friggen mudpuddle. It is literally year round fishing here...

I cant wait to come back this summer to fish the Area 9 opener (if it actually happens) and If you'[re ever down this way, the estuary fly fishing is the best in the world... I will get a skiff eventually but till then, i've got the only Smokercraft pro-lodge in Florida!

One of these days I'll post a few picures.... hopefully now that the darkside is gone, this will turn into a fishing board again...

take care all and Merry Christmas!

I have personally paid hundreds of dollars to winners and charities of the NCAA football picks, that was born from the darkside, What mr piper man have you done?

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/22/21 11:35 PM

And special idiot piper, it was always a fishing forum, sorry you can’t catch/post a fish from Flo Rida.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/23/21 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
Been wearing glasses and contacts since the 90s in law school...buying myself laser eye surgery for Christmas.

Fish on...

Todd

You will like this.
Buy some reading glasses.
Posted by: _WW_

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/24/21 08:39 AM

Reckon I'll be buying more yearly Idaho and Montana fishing licenses for myself.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/24/21 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: _WW_
Reckon I'll be buying more yearly Idaho and Montana fishing licenses for myself.

I'm right behind ya'.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/24/21 11:40 AM

Me too. Hardly ever fish WA any more.
Posted by: Flatbrim Pescador

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/24/21 03:44 PM

I bought myself an Oregon annual license. Fvck WDFW. Orygun 20's here I come.
Posted by: Tug 3

Re: XMAS PRESENT TO SELF - 12/24/21 06:27 PM

I'm looking for a guided steelhead trip on Oregon's coast for my Christmas gift to myself.. Any recommendations?

My annual gift is a trip to Hotel Palmas de Cortez for a week's fishing, and maybe longer. Check THE REEL NEWS and join us. Sunshine, lots of fish, good hotel, palm trees and swim-up bar.