Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission

Posted by: kwikfiks

Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/01/13 07:28 PM

I found myself in Bozeman, MT last week for the Simms Iceout. Great event with some great people. All the submissions were solid but this one took the cake, almost makes me want to lay down the 8wt and grab a 5wt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SeNfxuCq-w
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/02/13 11:06 AM

Pretty good stuff there. I've done the over the shoulder fling on the hook set, but I've never hit myself in the gut with one. Rooster is a man of many talents.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/02/13 11:20 AM

Great video! Some good laughs in there as well, thanks for sharing.
Love that part of the country.

Tyler
Posted by: Todd

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/02/13 01:56 PM

Very cool...spring creeks in Montana is about as good as it gets for troots...I've missed it the last few years frown

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/02/13 03:04 PM

Been saying it for many years now, but Rooster is a top notch dude who runs a top notch operation out there in God's Country.

I'd love nothing more to go out there with a handful of PP'ers who are in to bug chucking.

Awesome video, Rooster! I know you are up in S.E. AK (Paradise) hammering on steelhead that have never seen a fly or human in their lives, and won't see this, but just had to say it.

You are living the dream!
Posted by: Rooster

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/12/13 03:34 PM

Thanks guys..... life is good in SE AK right now. Quite a few fish around this year.
Let's get serious about a PP trip to Big Sky Country!
Parker and Stam are in charge. I'll be back in the shop May 28 and we can explore some options.
It was fun having Superfly at Ice Out rubbing elbows with a bunch of fly guides! He got my wife a bit drunker than I have seen her in a while.... me too for that matter. That was a rough flight north the next morning.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/13/13 08:22 AM

Blame Fly!!
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Simms Iceout winning shootout Submission - 05/13/13 01:59 PM

"Fu.ck this I'm goin' fishin'!"

That's the spirit!