hey bob, whats with this

Posted by: Anonymous

hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 07:07 PM

jerry garcia wrote this on the hatchery thread

Jerry Garcia was having an excellent time at Neah bay. WARNING.....WARNING If some folks can't keep from personal attacks {mostly you boater1] the bonking stick is warmed up!!!!

i take this as a personal threat, isnt that against your board rules ???
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 07:20 PM

It's not a threat boater1, Go back and check the search feature and bring up your name and check the content of your replies, you might see a pattern. My mention of the bonking stick is not a physical thing, more of a key stroke thing. I know Ryan very well and just got a little tired of your constant belittleing of him on a personal level. Just try to keep from the cheap shots and I'll be a happy man.

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 07:25 PM

my lawyer told me to make no further comments regarding this topic, have a nice day.
Posted by: Hey Yall Watch This

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 07:45 PM

Hey boater1- sounds like you have the same lawyer as a-ng-ie. laugh
Posted by: BigShark

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 07:51 PM

A woodpecker or a peckerwood story?

Sometimes those who are starved for attention get in their cars and turn their cd volume as high as they can get it. Then they drive through a neighborhood in hopes of being seen and heard. Even the worst responses they get from their actions help satisfy their craving. They are not respected in their own neighborhood so they do this. Then when they return to their neighborhood they say "look what I did", in hopes the head peckerwood will smile and say something nice and gets a few moments of glory. If he gets told not to come back he then has a badge of honor that he thinks would make the head peckerwood love him all the more. HMMMMMMMMMMM
Peckerwoods are sure funny little creatures. laugh
Posted by: FishinSinsation

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 08:27 PM

bigshark?

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 08:45 PM

jerry, go ahead and delete me off the board, thank you and have a nice day.
Posted by: posh II

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 08:46 PM

mad Below is a copy of the post in which Boater1 referred to Sparky in such an eloquent manner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote: [I][/I]
sparky "mr.passion", you make me "vomit". you need to sit down and open your picture book full of snapshots of wild fish you have caught and released and ask yourself how many of them are dead, you are trying to divide your type, the people who cnr fish from people who actualy eat fish and you are nuts, you do infact kill wild fish while you are practicing catch and release, get off your high soapbox and realize that you are part of the problem to, untill then just shut your big stupid mouth.

[ 07-04-2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: boater1 ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boater1, in case you don't recognize it, it appears that Mr. Garcia gave you a warning. Funny thing, several others never could understand the warnings either that were right under their noses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boater, you already asked to be deleted and then
you came back as Boater1.
Posted by: FishinSinsation

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 09:02 PM

an another one bites the dust.......
Posted by: Leadslinger

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 09:44 PM

I found Sparky's post every bit as obnoxious as Boaters.Sparky wasn't as direct as boater,though.
Emotional subjects get crazy responses.Let it go.

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 09:53 PM

ya know, i do admit i have a way with words and i probly was to hard on him trying to get my point accross, for that i am sorry, but, i do have a question for all of the people defending him, do you think that cnr fisherman have an effect on the resourse ?, what part of my post other than being to harsh is not correct ?

posh, boater was taken or i wouldnt be boater1. mad and double mad mad
Posted by: glowball

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 09:54 PM

poor baby can't take it but the little fella can dish it. typical flatlander trash. good riddens
Posted by: FASTWATER

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 10:24 PM

Heh this is the U.S.A. we are all intitled to or opionions but making negetive personnel attacks should be kept to ourselves PEACE!!!!
Posted by: Leadslinger

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/10/02 10:39 PM

Just to be clear,I don't have any problems with Sparky or anyone else that I did not agree with on that thread.
Posted by: Bob

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/11/02 01:51 AM

"A personal threat??" I think that's stretching it a bit boater1. Jerry made a warning about your personal attack on Ryan ... nothing says you have to agree with him, but we ask you act civily. " ... shut your big stupid mouth." hardly seems to fit into that category. I had considered deleting your post, but the responses from others pretty much took care of the matter.

I'll gladly delete your registration per request ... as you've done once before.

PS ... In most instances, that C&R'd fish has about a 97% better survival chance than the bonked one smile
Posted by: hawk

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/11/02 07:44 AM

Hey Guys: Just answer one question for me.

What in the heck are you doing banging on computer keys when you could be out fishing? The only reason I post at odd times of the year, is because we have no fish in our river systems. Let's strike a deal. You come to Minnesota and do my job,send me the cash, and use my computer to post all of the nit picky crap.

I'll move to Washington, do your job, send you the cash, and I'll fish every waking hour of the day. I'll post a report at the end of the season.

Lighten up boys. Look in the mirror, and take a look at what you post. Would it make you P.O'd if someone took the same pot shot at you? It's a forum for discussion, and nothing more. Most of you will never make the effort to personally meet the guys on the board. I've fished with about 8 of you, and plan on getting to do it with another 12 guys or so by next spring. It's fishin for Chr*st Sakes,enjoy yourself, this is not a life and death scenario.

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/11/02 08:54 AM

Well boater1, you've gotten what you asked for, I was hopeing you could do a little personal behavior modifacation and stay on the board. At some point maybe you will realize that being a member of PP is a privilege not a right. And you do not have "a way with words"
Posted by: Todd

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/11/02 01:28 PM

Hawk,

You gosh d@rn mid-western sh!t-st!rring self-r!ghteous sunuvabeeyotch!!

Oh, yeah...one other thing...

See you this fall if you don't get a moose tag.

Fish on...

Todd.
Posted by: jnewcs

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 11:43 AM

[IMG]http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com
This is not ment to offend anyone just to make a point!!!!

I FOUND YOUR POST OFFENSIVE ALSO AND YES I AM YELLING----- I'M HOPING IT WAS A MOMENTARY LAPSE
IN JUDGEMENT. THAT PICTURE WOULD OFFEND MOST PEOPLE EVEN YOU DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO.
Posted by: BW

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 12:10 PM

Ya know, that picture did not go over well the first time it was posted....... mad
Posted by: Dave D

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 12:20 PM

Deja Vu

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 12:20 PM

I was going to leave it at that, but I just can't.
One of the most rewarding things I ever had the prevlige to do was work with the Special olympics.
There is nothing funny,about that picture,there is not point to be made with that picture, and if that is the best you can do maybe you should not have said anything. mad mad

Now I have had my say.......

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 03:24 PM

Get a freak'in sense of humor. I have 2 people in my family that are mentally challenged(no, looking at my spelling skills one of them isnt me) It was meant to be funny not to open the flood gates on how its wrong and it isnt funny.

Again, it wasnt meant to hurt anyones fellings but to make a point. I guess you got the point but not the point i was trying to make.

oh well, no big deal.

edited: ban me if you fell that strong about it. I dont even live in washington but just liked reading through the threads about all the good fishin in the n.w

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 04:20 PM

Thank you Jerry........

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 04:37 PM

Hey, I'm not into banning people and I know all about the point you were trying to make about the end result of argueing on the internet. Editing a post does not include an instant ban. Just because you have ethnic friends does not mean you can tell offensive ethnic jokes. And as far as a sense of humor goes the people that know me think mine is great.

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 04:46 PM

Its not that big of a deal. I was just trying to prove a point and now I got baited(no pun intended) into it.

Have a nice day and once again, it wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Thanx
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 08:26 PM

I don't know about you guys...but I'm going to find me a stick to toast some Marshmallows! laugh

jnewcs...you still dabbling in that whole fission thing? wink

FJ...out.
Posted by: Hohhum

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 09:31 PM

Sounds like a bunch of PETA's panting to me
(wussie whinning)
Posted by: Hohhum

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/12/02 09:33 PM

Who's got the popcorn?? laugh laugh laugh

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/13/02 10:28 AM

Your guys wise cracks are offending me!!!!!!!!!

smile smile smile Have a nice day smile smile smile
Posted by: centerpin

Re: hey bob, whats with this - 07/15/02 01:06 AM

AMEN HAWK
You guys want chese with your Wine ?
Go fishing get a life
:p :p laugh :p :p