Angling Angels, Last minute stuff

Posted by: VHawk.

Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 05:15 PM

The weather report is becoming more favorable for Saturday. 10% chance of rain in the evening, highs about 68 degrees, winds building up to 10-15 mph by late afternoon at North Bonneville. We should be off the water by 2 or 3 pm, BBQ by 5pm, in camp and drunk by 9 pm.

Make sure you have enough PFD's in your boat. If you have questions about tackle please call me. I'll be bringing hundreds of shad darts, and extra circle hook 10/0 hooks for sturgeon to share. I'll also have a couple of extra rain jackets in my boat. If you have a fighting belt/rod belt, please bring it. Bring whatever beer you like to drink, I'll also be bringing extra beer.

There is an overflow parking area, picnic site near the campsite, I'm offering to park my truck there and sleep Friday night in order to provide some security for the boats if there isn't room at the camp site (about 200 yards away).

Launch is planned for 830-9am. Gives us about 5 hours on the water.

Lastly, I'm leaving my house now to pick up food and supplies. Most importantly I'll be picking up a two piece swimsuit in Mergantroiders size. Maybe even a thong bikini. He knows he's gonna be wearing it if I don't fill up those boats.

Expecting to see

Tom P. with boat
Vhawk with Dumblucks boat and truck, gas BBQ, cooler of ribs and chicken, and DL's fine home brew.
Jerry with his boat and Benwa as baitboy
Stever_from_Everett with his new boat
Steve B. (Hook Up) with his boat?

Hohbomb with high end rental camera
J-Hawk, keeping an eye on VHawk until she's drank too much beer

Merg with assorted young and firm girls. ...Or Merg fishing for sturgeon in a thong. I'd prefer to see the girls.

Am I missing anyone?

Hook Up, if your coming please get ahold of me at 360 259-3169
Vince.

I'll be able to relax once I see people (and girls) at the campsite.
Posted by: Irie

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 05:21 PM

I wish I could go.

Fishing on the Estuary I use size 5/0 or 6/0 hooks with 3-4 ft dacron leaders. Usually I just pick up a couple packs of Brad's at Bob's in Longveiw.

Just my $.02

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 05:30 PM

Oh, and let me answer the "why" question as it applies to me only.
I'm doing this for several reasons:

5. Because not enough girls fish. Maybe fishing will be the next "sexy" thing.
4.It's fun to fish with friends, and even more so when they are sexy
3.Because I'm an attention 'ho
2.Because its worth some popularity points if it works

Number one most important reason, because I can spend those points for more important things. I'm not returning to Sun Valley for cancer camp this year because I've applied to volunteer at Camp Goodtimes, which covers Western Washington.

If I ever arrange another group flotilla, it'll be for them and I want it to be huge. I want to see dads and daughters out on a boat with guys who can put them into fish. Moms and sons who are making memories that can help lift the burdens of constant illness and the rigors of chemo. Those kind of things are worth me getting an ulcer. For the opportunity to help coordinate something like that, I'll risk possible humiliation now. Arranging for a group of good looking girls to fish, and provide the rest of us with some entertainment will be good for a chuckle ten years from now. But those things we do for others, they provide us answer when we meet our maker and he asks us "What did you do with your life?"

So here's hoping for a warm day, lots of fish, and a fun time.

VHawk
Posted by: stever in everett

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 05:35 PM

Vince, just returned from 3 Rivers with lead, power pro and dacron for leaders. Aslo I have prepared some food in advance for the group. I'll bring some extra PFDs and coats. What is the word on camp gear? I was told the "secret" lure is the ..... plus I have some special scents for the oversized sturgeon. I'll bring gear for shad (7), salmon(5) and sturgeon(3). Let me know this evening if there is anything else we will be needing. Say hello to Jess.
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 05:43 PM

Reason one makes my day. Your making a difference. Good luck, good fishing, and good fun.
Posted by: BrianL

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 06:10 PM

Bravo Vince!

The prospect of humiliations doesn't seem to deter you, and that's probably a good thing in our world today. Nothing great was ever achieved by those afraid to dream big - I hope the angling and weather gods treat you well.

Tight L~a$$es \:\)

Brian
Posted by: Mergantroider

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 07:50 PM

Good attitudes all around. Vince has been the all-american PR man that he always lives up to in this whole situation. I will be in a bikini....i think i owe you guys that much. Humiliation is just another word for trying as far as i am concerened. i saw no one a\else attempting this ( for good reason i might add \:\) ) so when Vince proposed it...i thought i would try to give a hand.

But Vince touched on something that is very important...yes we are attention ho's but the primary reason for this is to provide some fun times and interesting conversation for years to come....something that is entertaining to all...and different then the regular trip. hopefully we achieve that goal. Only time will tell. Should be fun either way : )

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 07:52 PM

and i am a size 6 in womens : ) ..... dont ask how i know that. and i am a big "a" cup size. i want an 80's flame pink bikini. and lots of beer \:\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 08:17 PM

I don't care what your cup size is, this is the outfit you'll be wearing if you don't come through as promised. Plus you'll be banned for 20 years from giving anymore advice regarding women.

I've called off Tom P. due to cancellations. And I've not talked with Steve Bramhall, but we won't need him either. Looking at three boats including the one I'm dragging along participating.

We have enough at this time to fill the 2 boats, with mine in reserve. Merg, If another girl drops out, your wearing that bikini all day long. I'll bring you a sweater if you get cold.

VHawk
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 11:43 PM

I will see you guys on the river. We will be fishing in the same erea. Marroon Willie Raptor. Say Howdy if you see us out.have the gals flash or something. We will be going down Friday evening and putting on the water early Saturday A.M. Looks like we will be putting in @ Becon Rock and running down to fish oversize fish.

VHawk. That must have been you In Sportsman Warhouse buying a brick of life vest. I figured they were for the gals. was going to say howdy but you slipped out before I could get payed up.

Kris

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 11:50 PM

Yup that was me. And yes we'll probably run across each other on the river. I've sent you a PM.

Vince
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/14/07 11:58 PM

VHawk,

No PM . try my e-mail.

dcrzfitter@comcast.net

Kris
Posted by: Roguefshr

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 02:14 AM

Dont need me? Did you ask the girls?

maybe next time

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 03:21 AM

Next time? If there is a next time, It'll be 28-40 y/o hot moms, who I pick. Not only will they be there, and on time, but they'll be paying for their seats as well. And we'll have legendary fun. And never, ever will I have to worry about whether they'll show.

Amazing how quickly I tired of the BS that comes from dealing with 22 year old girls. They are like horses, pretty to look at, probably fun to ride, but way too much trouble to keep around.

Makes me glad I'm married to Jess. This is a good reminder of what I already have. Kind of amazing where life's lessons pop up.

I hope she picks up a huge sturgeon. She's due.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 11:22 AM

I'm hoping you guy's pull this off.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: Neal M

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 11:34 AM

Rain could be a good thing ;\) I like the look of a woman in a bikini with raindrops running down her back, wet hair, and a pouty look on her face.... Maybe even a yellow rain hat?
Good luck fellas.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:05 PM

hahahah yeah....with it blowin at 20 knots rain could easlily spell pnuemonia. yeah....fathers day claimed over half the girls. oh well....its all about having PERSONAL responsibility and doing what you say your gonna do, or having the best excuse known to man ( my genitals fell off/ bleeding to death)....thats the problem...apperantly girls dont develop that until.......who knows? should be fun though. Just wish the cancelations would have been earlier so i could have some time. but you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:19 PM

Not everything works out the first time but you learn what to do better next time. So don't give up if it doesn't work out, try again.
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:21 PM

I have a 23 year old daughter thats pretty hot myself. Tell ya what, I would be kinda pissed if she spent this sunday out showing off her cans to some dudes on an internet fishing board instead of kissing my ass for fathers day.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
I have a 23 year old daughter thats pretty hot myself.

I don't know what the hell you just said there, Brent!

Is this some kinda of Iderho thing?

Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:35 PM

I don't either !!! It was pointless and yes, its a Iddunno thing \:\)

Speaking of gators.. We are headed out for some tater gaters in about 3 hours. I am betting right here and now on this here internet fishing board that we catch a bigger gator tonight than will be landed at Chicks and Dicks tomorrow !!!

However, there will be no eye candy.. so our pictures will vbe lame in compairison...

Word out, we need to get some fresh crappie rounded up first
Posted by: DiverX

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:37 PM

I have a 23 year old daughter thats pretty hot myself. Tell ya what, I would be kinda pissed if she spent this sunday out showing off her cans to some dudes on an internet fishing board instead of kissing my ass for fathers day.

If you were on the boat, she could do both...

Sorry, couldn't resist \:\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:40 PM

i concur...i dont what you just said...but its funny \:\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:42 PM

I don't either !!! It was pointless and yes, its a Iddunno thing \:\)

Speaking of gators.. We are headed out for some tater gaters in about 3 hours. I am betting right here and now on this here internet fishing board that we catch a bigger gator tonight than will be landed at Chicks and Dicks tomorrow !!!

However, there will be no eye candy.. so our pictures will vbe lame in compairison...

Word out, we need to get some fresh crappie rounded up first

nah...any fishin picture is a good fishin picture whether shes got huge funbags......or a dude ina camo bikini...wait....
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:42 PM

Sudden urge to go bank fishing with my water balloon sling shot.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 12:57 PM

dude.....that would be awesome...." wow thats a big sturgeon...alright..pull back on the rod...now reel.....what is that nut doing on the bank? " "INCOMING!!!" hahahah
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 01:01 PM

To bad the gals' are backing out,can't blame them though.Poor date planning.The second & third weekend of July is alway's the best weather in the state @ right around 90 plus.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: DiverX

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: stlhead
Sudden urge to go bank fishing with my water balloon sling shot.

Launching a squirrel into the boat would be funnier.

Fun with Squirrels

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 01:13 PM

B-Run, that story about your daughter and her friend in the car, and you wagging your tongue at her, that's still one of my fav stories ever.

Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
To bad the gals' are backing out,can't blame them though.Poor date planning.The second & third weekend of July is alway's the best weather in the state @ right around 90 plus.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

I didn't pick the date based on weather, I picked it based on the historical peak of the shad run. All summer long, and every weekend, there's some excuse of a holiday...memorial day, fathers day, July 4th, Summer solstice, pick your crack day, etc etc.

Tell me what's running 3rd weekend in July that'll provide consistent action on the Columbia, more consistent than shad and oversized fish?

Anyways, Merg and Hohbomb are meeting up with us Sat morning. They'll be staying up late in Portland on a suicidal mission for replacements. I don't have much hope in that, due to VHawks' "No Skanks" rule. I'm not sure how that rule will conflict if Merg fails, and he's forced to wear the bikini.

Dude, you will be wearing that camo bottom and top if you fail to provide eye candy for the men of PP. And I'll be forwarding those pics on to every conceivable gay networking site. Actually I need someone with a video camera. I smell a viral video here. Anybody up for shooting a YouTube classic? Merg in his two piece bikini, hooking up with a sturgeon.

I will have no mercy, there will be no sanctuary given.

VHawk

Next posting will be Monday. Tight lines to you all...
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 01:20 PM

Photos, Vince. Take lots and lots and lots of photos...and don't let JHawk delete any of the *good* ones, either!

PS. Superly and I will volunteer to pre "screen" out all the "good" photos for you!

\:D
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverX
Launching a squirrel into the boat would be funnier.

Hmmmmm......maybe this is something I should have been informed of.......

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
STRIKE ZONE

agreed
Posted by: WorstFishCatcher

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 07:04 PM

Vince,
If ya need a photographer, I am equiped with a Canon 10D digital SLR. It is 4 years old and only 6.1 MP. I have two lenses; a 28-80 MM and a 70-300 MM and two 1 GB Compact flas card that hold about 450 pictures each. Of course I would have to some how water proof it with all the drooling around!!!

Joe
Posted by: JTD

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/15/07 08:36 PM

That first squirrel link was killer. I need to rig one of those up in the back yard!

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/16/07 12:42 AM

First pictures in a minute I want to see if she will whip a boob out. I am slightly intoxicated here and posting from my phone. Give me a second \:\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/16/07 01:07 AM

She is sober. And she knows this is going on the internet.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/16/07 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Mergantroider

She is sober. And she knows this is going on the internet.

Posted by: Jaba'da butt

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/16/07 09:38 PM

Isn't she one of the govenor's daughters?

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 10:29 AM

So what happened? Did any girls show? Where are the pics? Did merg wear the bikini?
Posted by: TBJ

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 10:50 AM

After all the hype I kind of thought that we'd be greeted this morning with pics of nubile fisher maidens in scant clothing, but I can definitly do without pics of the Merg in a bikini.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 11:45 AM

oh i cant wiat until the pictures of me in the bikini show up. they are pretty bad...but i definetly felt obligated too.

I am sort of gald that not many girls showed up. the weather was not good for most girls.

I have called all the girls that canceled and the feeling i get was that they didnt understand the importance of NOT flaking out. they thought it was just some camping trip. They didnt know how much time and money went into this. incidentally i am not friends anymore with a few of them. just outright flakiness i cannot stand. They committed over a month ago. oh well.....we had a great time. got some decent pictures...yes...of me ina bikini. Vince wouldnt let it die..." strip strip!!!" thats all i heard all day. hohbomb and i were starting to wonder. It was cold and wet most of the time and poured down rain towards the end of fishing on saturday.

Steve Rieter.....that guy is the most prepared SOB i have ever seen. Everytime we were like " [censored] i forgot the..."

steve would say..." oh no big deal i brought 4 spares and some different kinds" i am hiring him for a company trip in october for silvers. absolutely amazing guy. very fun.
Posted by: hohbomb73

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: TBJ
After all the hype I kind of thought that we'd be greeted this morning with pics of nubile fisher maidens in scant clothing, but I can definitly do without pics of the Merg in a bikini.

...I wasn't involved in hyping this, so I don't feel right posting the pics. They are in my possesion, however, until I can get vhawk the dvd. Suffice to say that you all WILL be seeing merg in a bikini...

The weather sucked. The girls were too few and wore too much clothing. Didn't even see any of the hundred or so boats catch anything "oversized".

Other than that, the company was good. The camping was awesome (thanks in large part to Steve). The shad fishing was the best I've ever seen (having only shad fished one other time)... slaying 'em with the dart-divers!!

Thanks for the good times and for all the work everyone did to put this together! It will take a few days to get Vince the pics (very large jpegs impractical to email), he can sort, edit, resize, and post as he sees fit...

Thanks

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 03:26 PM

I'll chime in with a brief report. We all met up at Beacon Rock State park on Friday. After unpacking and setting up camp we consumed many barley pops. After swapping a few stories, some secrets were reveiled about Mergantroider who was the last to arrive. We stayed up way to late to get an early start plus my head didn't feel too good when I got up at 6 AM. We launched after a brief breakfast and were on the water by 9 AM. Having never fished the big river in a boat I followed Vhawk up river eating his two cycle fumes.YUMMMM. We anchored up and fished for about an hour and a half before one of "my girls" had to head back due to her work schedule. Oh did I mention that all the women who showed up were in my boat? At this point we hadn't caught a single fish. When we returned to our spot the other boat ( Vhawk, Hohbomb 73 and Mergantroider) had figured out the "secret method" dart 24" behind a bait diver. After we set up our rods that way we began to hit fish. After boating several shad for bait we headed down river to mile marker 85 to fish for sturgeon.
We gave this a very brief try as the wind was starting to blow. We decided to pick up and return to the protected channel on the north side of Pierce Island. We anchored up in 24 feet of water and as soon as we put out the darts we had fish on. We caught some really nice shad there and were out of the main part of the wind. About 3:30 PM the weather turned on us and the rain drove us off the river. I must say that the women in my boat were real troopers for staying out and fishing. Mergs girlfriend may even wat to go fishing again and Jhawk , Vhawks better half, is always a sport and loves to fish. I think that we all had a good time and although the event was a "little" over hyped I would gladly do it again.
Now as an after story I was involved in a hit and run accident on S.R. 14 after I left Saturday evening. No injuries and only slight damage to my truck. The other driver was later arrested for drunk driving.
WARNING!
The whole story is below and don't read further if you aren't interested.
Below is a brief narrative of the accident and what happened afterwards.

After I left the Beacon Rock state campground and got onto Hwy 14 towards Vancouver, between Cape Horn Rd. and Oregon View Rd., I was driving up a twisting turning section of the road, in a no passing zone with blind corners, I was side swiped by a pickup that was passing me and several other cars. It happened so quickly that at first I didn't even know what happened. I thought that I had been hit by an oncoming car. My side mirror exploded and shot across my windshield. All I could see at first through my side window was silver almost like a flash bulb exploding. The truck kept going as I laid on my horn. I saw it pull in ahead of the car in front of me then pull out and pass the next four or five cars in a row. I got on my cell phone and called 911 in the same minute and gave them a partial description of the truck. I described the truck as being either silver or grey with a hard tano cover that was slightly ajar. The 911 operator instructed me to meet the State Patrol at the next major cross road which was S.E. Evergreen Blvd.
While I was waiting there for the State Patrol, I was out walking my dog and the truck that had side swiped me went by, still heading west on 14. I grabbed the dog and got in my truck and went after it. I got on the phone again and gave the dispatcher a better description, a silver Toyota ext. cab T.R.D. with a hard tano cover that was slightly ajar. I couldn't catch up to the truck as I had the boat behind me but I could see the truck pulling away still west bound. The dispatcher again instructed me wait for the S.P. in Washougal. While I was still on the phone with the dispatcher I saw a S.P. U turn ahead of me and give chase to a vehicle. After waiting on the roadside for 15 minutes the S.P came back and said that they had pulled over a truck but that it wasn't the right one (canopy instead of tano cover). Well by now there was a second S.P. unit and the Washougal city police was cruising nearby. I filled out an accident report and then the S.P. let me go. I drove down the road about 3 to 4 miles and one of the S.P. that was on the scene pulled me over and said that they had the truck and could I identify it. I said sure I could and turned around and followed the S.P. back to almost the same place I had made contact with the S.P before. There they had the hit and run driver alone in his Toyota with a broken passenger side mirror.
After administering a field sobriety test which he failed they gave him a Breathalyzer which he also failed. The driver was hand cuffed and placed in the back of the patrol car. At this time I was instructed that I free to go and left the scene.
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 03:58 PM

sounds like wsp did there job hope your truck wasnt damaged to bad and the other guy had insurance?

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 04:04 PM

gawd...thats horrible. TRD's are nice trucks too. Not to mention he hit your truck...with a boat behind it...whew...on those roads...lucky you didnt end up at the bottom of a very high cliff. wow...sucky buddy.

yeah.....if i were to do this again...i would require some sort of 20 dollar deposit from the girls for gas for the boats or something. like a i said..they had no idea how important this was. Must be the hair over the ears that blocked the long conversations we would have about going : )

i have organized a lot of "nights out" but they always involved clubs/bars of some sort and free entry. They know about clubs and how fun of a time it is and its at night so theres no real infringing plans that could deter or make them cancel

on a sober side note....it would have been close to a nightmare if alot had shown up. the campground was not near big enough, or the campsites large enough to fit any amount of people. Dont get me wrong the sites were nice in and of itself. the bathrooms were clean and the showers were also. Just the size of them was for like...a couple...or a family of midgets ( yes vince...midgets) i believe that the whole campground was sold out also. not to mention, just us four or five people got noise complaints. if there had been more....who knows. The rangers were complete miscreants. absolutely rude, condescending bungholes to everyone. We never said a bad word or had a bad attitude but they treated us like garbage.

i think had there been a lot of people it would have been close to a disaster. now a few more....like 4 or 5 may have worked. But we would all had been at our wits end listening to the complaining. Also need to be bringing more supplies....i didnt take into consideration of all the little things...i had essentials

-rum
-more rum
-coke
-tent ( with no rain fly, freak dumping accident going down I-5 \:\) )
-woman ( girlfriend? nope. just met her last week. i got rid of my girlfriend two weeks ago)
-snacks for the day on the river ( that i forgot at the tent)
- lots of blankets
- pillow
-coat

Now if i had to do it again....i would just call steve and ask what he packs...and then pack all of that. the man had vaccum sealed up gravy for biscuits and had the bisquits in tin foil ready to go on the grill....spare EVERYTHING. If he would have whipped out a collapsable kitchen sink i wouldnt even have batted an eye.

" dang steve....theres a tree down on the road here...says the campgrounds closed for the summer"

" no biggee, got my ax and splittn' maul in the back and my chainsaws in the boat. works out good anyway because i only brought enough firewood for a few days"

seriously....

By the way steve i have your LED tiny lantern still.

it was fun. Wish we could have caught an over size though....

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 04:16 PM

hohbomb....that guy brought all sorts of different cheeses..and pepporni/salami for the day on the river....stuff was great. coming back out....not so much. but hey cant have cheese and not feel it too right ?

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaba'da butt
Isn't she one of the govenor's daughters?

you know...i really dont recall...started with an "S"..slippy...slappy...swanny...swanson? SWANSON?

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 06:22 PM

The S.P. gave me his insurance number and I have already started a claim. Damage was minor. Lost a side mirror and some scraping on the driver side door and front fender. Startled the sh!t out of me and it took a few seconds to recover and find the phone but I stayed in my lane and on the road. Dog didn't even wake up.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 06:48 PM

It would be a funnier ending to the story if Merg had been the one driving the Toyota truck and was hauled off to jail, drunk and in his camo bikini.
Posted by: jandlfishingguide

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 07:58 PM

Well I was on the river with my own "hot girls" from Vancouver. Vhawk when you call a guide on the river ( or in the case have Jess do it cause your busy removing a shad dart from your finger LOL) and he calls you back, IT HELPS TO HAVE YOUR PHONE CHARGED so you can answer it. Nothing but Voice mail 4 times. My intention Vhawk was to get you down there next to me cause we were into Large Gators!!!!

Just wanted to hook you and the Hotties up with some Oversize action!!!1

My Saturday report was lots of shad right in front of Beacon Rock boat launch over in the channel. We then went to marker 85 on the Washington side and got into 2 oversize about 1 hour before the wind blew us off around 2 pm. The afternoon bite has been way better thab the morning bite.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 09:23 PM

Vince got to ADD about fishing sturgeon...he was more interested in getting me to strip. he would look around...see no fish on and then say" no ones catching fish we should leave." i think total effective fishing for oversized was maybe an hour....i was dissapointed because thats what i came there for...but hey...it did look pretty dead. Not to mention we took shad fishing to a whole new level. Everyone was always turning to see our antics and loud voices. Hohbomb had this technique down where as soon as the shad was hooked...it would peel a little bit of line and then jump...he would do another hookset in midflight and try to JERk the shad straight to the boat. all i saw happen the few times they would jump was a fancy fly fishing back cast. the stuff would come flyin back from 40 feet out where the shadling had jumped...and end up 20 feet behind our boat back in the water fishing.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 10:17 PM

Jerry,

I got so many calls that morning my phone went dead. If I have any regrets at all, its that we didn't meet up with you. I can't believe you got into gators like that. I'm muttering to myself, and cursing Cingular. AHHHH ffffffffk. Makes me almost want to cry.

Vince got to ADD about fishing sturgeon...

Your the mouthiest boat servant I've ever had. If we're ever out on a boat again I'm putting a bark collar on you. I don't know how Greg puts up with it. Maybe we can form a support group.

Seriously though, we need a talk on deckhand etiquette. This goes for anyone I might invite to come out and fish with us. Setting an anchor in that river requires 100% of your attention on the task at hand. Unless you see a safety hazard, I don't need any opinions from the guy handling the anchor rope and buoy. Once I've picked my line, I don't care if you think the water is too deep, the seam too far away, the seagulls are calling your name, or that the buoy is a pretty orange color. I need you to let out line until I ask you to throw the bouy over and tie off the boat. I can't be reevaluating how a spot is going to fish when I'm concentrating on not running over anyone else's anchor lines, or swamping the boat.

Crap happens so fast on that river, that it only takes 2 seconds of not paying attention to lose a boat, or someones life. After the anchor is set, and the boat chocked off, and the anchor socks are out, then by all means entertain us. I can be irritable sometimes, but if you remember the only time I raised my voice was when we were setting the anchor.

And thank you though for pulling that heavy SOB into the boat all day. I've had that job, its not easy on your back.

ADD or not, If after an hour of fishing, 3 rods aren't getting bit, and none of the other 20 boats in sight aren't hooking up either...thats about 23 rod hours per fish. Moving along, I'll be moving along. Same goes for the shad. If the waters too fast, or too deep we wouldn't hook up. We got into all those fish because we moved in a little, and you tried the diver and dart rigging. I'll make adjustments until we start catching as many or more fish than the people around us. I think we pulled together and got that done.

So Hohbomb, and Merg, If Dumbluck goes back down this week for kings, I'll see if we can bring you two along. I think we can bonk at least a couple of em.

Merg, I give you crap because you need it. But I keep you around 'cause your funnier than me. Let me know what days off you have this week.

VHawk
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/18/07 10:42 PM

-rum
-more rum
-coke

If you brought more coke, more girls would have showed up.
Posted by: jandlfishingguide

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/19/07 12:19 AM

Vince,

All I can say is cell phone car adapter....plug it into the cig lighter on the boat and your good to go LOL

Seriously you are correct when it comes to anchoring and being serious. I am all business when anchoring in that section of the Big C. When I anchor between Bonneville and Cape Horn I do the whole task by myself, much easier as most clients aren't comfortable doing it.

June Hogs? We hooked one today at the Shad Rack on a #1 Dick Nite with a Fetha Styx HSR 9000 rod on 10 pound test! Thru the Buoy and it was over before it started........broken leader. Oh well chance you take fishing for Shad.

Report from Marker85 today was very good, 3 oversize hooked between 11am and 2 pm on the Washington side.

Shoot me a call if you want to go this week or next.........

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 05:28 PM

Where i learned to drop anchor was down by the kalama in fast A$$ water with an undersized anchor...so my dropping anchor was a 30 feet OVEr what you thought you needed for line out, then drop and let line out...so the slower water threw me a bit...plus where we were anchoring wasnt bad at all people wise. down at the kalama....if you misjudged your line out by inches...you were ramming another boat. So my " ummm i think we should go a bit further up" was because i always like more line out than less.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: jandlfishingguide
Vince,

All I can say is cell phone car adapter....plug it into the cig lighter on the boat and your good to go LOL

Seriously you are correct when it comes to anchoring and being serious. I am all business when anchoring in that section of the Big C. When I anchor between Bonneville and Cape Horn I do the whole task by myself, much easier as most clients aren't comfortable doing it.

June Hogs? We hooked one today at the Shad Rack on a #1 Dick Nite with a Fetha Styx HSR 9000 rod on 10 pound test! Thru the Buoy and it was over before it started........broken leader. Oh well chance you take fishing for Shad.

Report from Marker85 today was very good, 3 oversize hooked between 11am and 2 pm on the Washington side.

Shoot me a call if you want to go this week or next.........

i am no guide or anything...but i think i hit upon the most idiot proof way to shad fish ( i know its been used but i never knew that so i thought i ws the coolest man alive when i looked down and saw this diver floating around the bottom of the boat and tied it on)

i tied on a diver . Vince and Hohbomb had wiggle warts...lazy Ba$$turds never even took off the hooks. run a 2 foot leader off the diver and fish with whatever. the diver puts action on those little shad darts i can t imagine it being different with dick nites. i would let my diver out and then sit and video tape or fart around with vince and hohbomb, eat...oops got a fish on...see the shad leaping the marathon out in the water. a blind , retard could fish this way. plus no droppers, no paying attention or anything. i dunno, seemed like the way to do it to me. but i am just one idiot...we seemed to catch 4 times as much shad as anyone else though.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:03 PM

So...four pages of blabbing is all fine and good, it's not like it doesn't happen regularly here...but where the hell are the pictures? Isn't htat what this shindig was supposed to be about?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:10 PM

thats the way Todd right to the meat and tatos

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:11 PM

Where i learned to drop anchor was down by the kalama in fast A$$ water with an undersized anchor...so my dropping anchor was a 30 feet OVEr what you thought you needed for line out, then drop and let line out...so the slower water threw me a bit...plus where we were anchoring wasnt bad at all people wise. down at the kalama....if you misjudged your line out by inches...you were ramming another boat. So my " ummm i think we should go a bit further up" was because i always like more line out than less.

There's three commands I give in which I don't want any opinions, or back talk:

1. Pass me another beer
2. Spread 'em
3. Drop the anchor.

Did we have any problems with any of my anchor spots? Nope. Even when you were crying that we were going to ram Steves' boat at that last spot we fished. We slipped in right next to them and effectively corked Jessie. And did our anchor ever slip? Only when you dropped the buoy before I told you to. If you'd drop the damn anchor when I tell you, instead of getting mouthy while we drift, we'd have an extra 30 feet of line out. When your wearing the bra and panties, and I'm wearing the Captains Cup and Jock strap, you'll not be rewarded for thinking independently.

Pay attention when I use my big person voice.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:22 PM

Vince dude take your lumps on this thing and tell the story/show the pics (leave out Merg in chicks stuff pics).

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:23 PM

[quote=hohbomb73][quote=TBJ]

The weather sucked. The girls were too few and wore too much clothing. Didn't even see any of the hundred or so boats catch anything "oversized".

I think this quote sums up where the pics are Todd. ):
Posted by: One Way

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:27 PM

I think this one should just die on the vine before more damage is done to relationships and reputations
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 06:52 PM

It already sounds too late for that.

This has become the "Y2K" of Piscatorial Pursuits.
Posted by: Jordan

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
So...four pages of blabbing is all fine and good, it's not like it doesn't happen regularly here...but where the hell are the pictures? Isn't htat what this shindig was supposed to be about?

Fish on...

Todd

That's what I was thinking too.
Posted by: Satan

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 07:22 PM

You have got to be kidding me!!! No pics? This was hyped up more than a Cooney fight! I keep checking for babes and we got people talking about fishing for shad with divers? Man.....
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 07:42 PM

This event is right up there with Evil Knievel and the Snake river canyon fiasco.......all blow and no go!!!

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 08:13 PM

I don't have the pics. Hobomb is mailing the CD's, they are very high resolution. About the biggest waste of an expensive camera rental, taking pics of Merg in a bikini. I abuse Merg, but I'm still bitter about the picture of me in my gym shorts, and knee socks he posted. j/k

Although my disappointment is immense that we utterly failed to get pics of half naked girls fishing, the whole trip was alot of fun for the few people who showed.

When I get the pics, I'll post them. But not sure anybody really wants to see them. It was overhyped. I couldn't get boats without the hype. It's my fault for trying to bring together 3 of the most unpredictable, unmanageable forces in nature...women, weather, and fish.

I'm probably done for awhile. When this collapsed about Thursday night, I got sick and swallowed my vomit a couple of times. Nothing fun about that. I don't even feel like writing. The 2,000 post will have to wait until the winter.

Posted by: seastrike

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 08:48 PM

Honest and outthere. Look fwd to your posts down the road.
Posted by: Jake Dogfish

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 09:02 PM

Sorry to hear about the problem Stever. I am glad you got the guy.

I agree with Vince about the anchoring situation, atleast you guys caught something.
I remember this girl I really liked kept saying she really wanted to go fishing with me. Then she flaked of course over and over. I really wished I hadn't agreed to the fishing part after awhile because I just wanted to go out. But the flaking pissed me off ya know? ;\)
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 09:04 PM

Vince, no big deal, [censored] happens, keep posting I think you're funny as hell!

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 10:56 PM

Vince, When I get back from Jellystone and The Southwest, I'll take you down for sturgeon so you can do it and have fun at the same time.

My boat has a rules: The camera's dont come out til the fish is either tailed or netted.
The VHF is off limits.
If cant handle simple directions, you aren't a big enough boy to handle beer or operate watercraft, so siddown & STFU.
If you want to complain, get your own boat, fill it with your own gas, buy your own tabs, do your own maintenance, supply your own fishing gear and bait, then I'll listen.
Posted by: Dover Hurricane

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/20/07 11:52 PM

praise to big_daddy for killing the thread, sorry this didn't play out as planned. Next year is bound to be better ;\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: VHawk

There's three commands I give in which I don't want any opinions, or back talk:

1. Pass me another beer
2. Spread 'em
3. Drop the anchor.

Did we have any problems with any of my anchor spots? Nope. Even when you were crying that we were going to ram Steves' boat at that last spot we fished. We slipped in right next to them and effectively corked Jessie. And did our anchor ever slip? Only when you dropped the buoy before I told you to. If you'd drop the damn anchor when I tell you, instead of getting mouthy while we drift, we'd have an extra 30 feet of line out. When your wearing the bra and panties, and I'm wearing the Captains Cup and Jock strap, you'll not be rewarded for thinking independently.

Pay attention when I use my big person voice.

wow...vince...i never knew. all this time i just thought you were a midget trapped in a big persons body. what kills me most is i didnt say a peep about hauling that anchor up and down forty times ....even though you all knew i blew my back out launching the boats. Way to be a jerk. Thanks.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 02:25 PM

If you blew your back out launching a sled you did something wrong. No, I didn't realize you actually hurt yourself. I'm not joking or trying to be mean, I just don't want people hurting themselves fishing with me. If the trailer is not far enough in the water that it slides easily off the trailer, or motors off easily, then let me know to back if farther down. Don't screw up your back even worse.

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 05:59 PM

i turned with the rope in my hand . no pulling. and i told you i threw my back out. Whatever dude. it wasnt a " someone will get hurt if i pause before i throw the anchor out" theres a motor and its engaged. worst case scenario is you motor 10 feet upstream to your original position. Just like the whole battle we had yeaterday with matt. i said...inside of the boat is going to be the best anchor because of the way these two converge. we tried three different anchor spots before matt went " inside of that boat is going to be the best spot to anchor"

hmmmmm

Nobody would get hurt if i pause a sec and ask you or put in two cents of " we're only going ot be able to put out 20 feet of rope that wont hold us, before we reach the spot you keep waggling your finger and telling me where you want to be."

your over reacting. its easy to take Gregs commands on the boat because every time he anchored....its exactly where he wanted to be...the first time, almost every time. In twice as fast water and closer than any anchor Ive seen you and i attempt yet. So its easy to be a robot and drop anchor when someone is obviously really good at anchoring says " alright...drop anchor."

also...greg knows i am good with boats and with this kind of stuff. So the one time he did have trouble and i said i could do it....he handed the wheel right over and went to the bow to get ready to drop anchor...and the first time i ever postioned a boat to anchor...i got it perfect...stupid anchor was to small though.

when we have to re-pull 20 times....that doesnt instill much confidence in your ability to percieve the waters velocity and judge the rope length on a given situation.

Now dont say because i didnt throw it when you said. because i only threw it after saying my 2 cents and then you said throw it anyway and i would throw it. which wasnt every time. If you didnt like the spot because of the literally 8 seconds it took to communicate.....you could have gunned the motor for a fraction of a second and went back to the same spot. so dont blame it on me not throwing it right away. you have the ability to reposition after each time i wasnt snappy about my throw, and do it again. Yes...even after i argued.

Just for the record...anytime someone questions your authority....its because your ability to lead has come into question in another humans mind....it may not be from mistakes but from personality/body language/actions. I dont even know why i questioned you. in my mind every time you wanted to throw anchor you were always short by about 30 feet in my head. almost every time. When we were close to steve...i didnt really think you were going to hit but i did say " its gonna be close"
I always learn things the hard way or really well the first time... so when i questioned you....it was because i have little expirience in getting within a few feet of another boat in faster water with a heavier boat and a smaller anchor....the first couple of times i ever threw an anchor overboard. But it was from watching greg do it a few times and watching the whole process. We made it within a foot of both boats on either side but our anchor wouldnt hold. that was the most hair raising time i have ever spent on a river, that day with greg.

i will throw the anchor for you next time without a peep. Then we do the 'ole "i told you so" afterwards k? that way no one gets hurt and i dont have to hear the squeeling in my ear k pumpkin ? \:\)

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: VHawk

If you blew your back out launching a sled you did something wrong. No, I didn't realize you actually hurt yourself. I'm not joking or trying to be mean, I just don't want people hurting themselves fishing with me. If the trailer is not far enough in the water that it slides easily off the trailer, or motors off easily, then let me know to back if farther down. Don't screw up your back even worse.

it was when i helped launched steves boat. i turned my hips to walk down the dock and kept my shoulders facing the boat..it came off perfect...i turned and just started to walk the boat down the dock as it floated 'pop'..back went bye bye.
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 06:14 PM

V-Hawk aren't ya bein' a little hard on the Beav. I doubt he has much to say and would be willing to bet he hardly said a peep when anchoring...............not.

Experience and confidence go a long way when dealing with technical situations. Ideally when the skipper says do this you do that, no questions or 8 seconds of yammering. The skipper is in control and is responsible for their vessel. Period... even if you don't like it. There may be some exceptions to this rule but not on my boat. If someone else has more experience then I will always consult and take their advice under advisement but the decision is ultimately the Captains responsibility.

RVW
Posted by: Satan

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 06:28 PM

You haven't missed any PICTURES \:\(

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/23/07 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
V-Hawk aren't ya bein' a little hard on the Beav. I doubt he has much to say and would be willing to bet he hardly said a peep when anchoring...............not.

Experience and confidence go a long way when dealing with technical situations. Ideally when the skipper says do this you do that, no questions or 8 seconds of yammering. The skipper is in control and is responsible for their vessel. Period... even if you don't like it. There may be some exceptions to this rule but not on my boat. If someone else has more experience then I will always consult and take their advice under advisement but the decision is ultimately the Captains responsibility.

RVW

agreed...and i can even tell by the way you posted/typed that i wouldnt hesitate to launch .....its the confidence and expirience that would stop any doubts in my head. i probably would smile like a moron and throw it out with as much zealous as i could muster and not even bat an eye....
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff - 06/25/07 10:14 PM

This one will join the others