Blue Tooth

Posted by: Sol

Blue Tooth - 12/12/07 11:48 PM

Has anyone else purchased this technology? This is some COOL shi%. My new truck came equiped, and I just bought a Blue tooth phone to pair it to. Damn. All I have to do is push a button on my rear view mirror and the Infinity sound system toggles off and it prompts me for a name in my address book or a phone number by voice recogntion, then it dials and I can talk hands free over the audio system in the truck. When I'm done with the call it shuts off and the tunes come back on. Same with incoming calls. Cool shi%, man. \:\)
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/12/07 11:52 PM

Cool, the new Prius comes with it built in the steering wheel.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/12/07 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

LOL
Posted by: Todd

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 02:01 AM

It's built into my GPS...I still have to do my stereo manually...or, I can run it through my stereo, and not through the GPS. For me it works better through the GPS because it has a big color screen telling me what's up, whereas the stereo doesn't tell me chit.

Much better the way you have it.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

Cool.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 12:51 PM

I have no idea what blue tooth is or why I'd be interested. I guess high tech ain't my bag. I've had a GPS over 2 years that I've set a few way points but otherwise have no clue how to use. I've had a cell phone about a year and a half, and I still haven't put a personal message on the voicemail feature. I don't even know how to stop the damn thing from ringing when I'm in a meeting if I forgot to turn it off beforehand. The agency got me a Palm pilot a year ago; I got the battery charged, but would have to read a book the size of a friggin' EIS to figure out what else to do with it. I already have the phone numbers I need in my hard copy planner, and there's no battery to run down. Maybe this is why I'm a fly fisherman, and even then, I use old style spring and pawl reels by Hardy instead of uber-tech disc drag [censored].

Sg

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 01:47 PM

You're a Dinosaur, dude. Don't sweat it, your time is about up anyway. ;\)

It's funny to me that there are still people out there who do not even own a computer and are techno illiterates stuck in time. The curve is only going to get steeper, faster from this point forward. Get on board or get left behind.
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 02:08 PM

They come standard in some newer model cars. My girlfriend has it in her new Mercedes. GPS ( world mapped ), Phone, Internet at your finger tips.
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 02:08 PM

Yep - Bluetooth does not have anything to do with blue hair.
My son that works for Microsoft has had a Bluetooth since it's been available and it is a good upgrade from the hands-free he had before because of the noise filter. His Honda SUV has it built in also. Now he doesn't sound like he's in a echo chamber when he calls. It's a must-have for him as he spends a lot of time on the road and leads phone conferences with customers and support staff when driving from Columbus to Nashville or wherever.
I'm going Bluetooth also as I need to be accessible to my customers a much as possible, especially with the current state of the real estate market.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 02:18 PM

I have a client who runs a multi-milllion dollar outfit and says he'll go to his grave without ever sending an e-mail or turning on a computer. (He hires his weakness and lets others do that computer mumbo jumbo)

Salmo G., there is some hope for you, as you have figured out how to use a digital camera, post a picture on the internet, and participate here. Not a lot of hope, but a little. ;\) Shoot, you've been doing it for 8 and a half years.
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 03:02 PM

My blue tooth wakes me up in the morning and gives me a shower, shave, brushes my teeth and sends me out the door with a cup of joe.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 03:31 PM

Had blue balls as a kid, does that count?
Posted by: TheKid#10

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 03:41 PM

Shoot, almost every guy on here that's been married for more than a couple of years has blue balls on a regular basis!! Either that or their liars.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 05:19 PM

It there such a thing as a blue pussy? Doubtfull.
Posted by: TBird

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 05:31 PM

I turned one black and blue once....

She couldn't walk straight for a month... ;\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 05:33 PM

You tripped on the TV remote and fell on her?

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 05:46 PM

Too much momentum on the blue balls.... ;\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 05:48 PM

Did you have both hands in a cast or what? I've never had blue balls in my life.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 06:22 PM

To be honest, I've never understood the term or condition of blue balls... Especially to the point it hurt... gimme a f'n break...

Tim brings up a very valid point... if you need to nut so bad it hurts, then for the love of god, NUT!

No one is stopping you

lol \:\)
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: TBird
if you need to nut so bad it hurts, then for the love of god, NUT!

Might have to change my sig line

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 06:46 PM

LMFAO!

Very, VERY fitting, Pat... \:\)
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 06:57 PM

I got it once in high school 10th grade blue balls not blue tooth. I'll never forget it, it was awful. The next weekend before the same tease came over and we got to second base (or maybe to the shortsop) and no further for hours. But I had a plan, I jumped up and said "Oh sh!t that pizza is hitting me!" and ran to the bathroom. Backpressure was immense, I told my buddies about the geyser later on. The girl got the nickname "Old Faithful" because of that episode.

I don't know if she ever found out why.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 06:59 PM

Nothin but class, my man \:\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: stam
Some of this [censored] is just getting silly now...more techno just to have more tech really does not accomplish anything, it's like a feeding frenzy with nothing to eat out there, Sure I have cell phone that rarely rings, I have a computer that I am literate with...but I do tend to cling to more traditional methods and devices when possable, I will resist until forced...

Some of us don't have the option NOT to keep up, bro. In the engineering field we have to deal with software upgrades constantly, which means computer and hardware upgrades on a regular basis. For us, the learning curve/technology curve is a treadmill we cannot step off of following education in our chosen field. Keep sanding those cars, good buddy. \:\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:37 PM

Blue Tooth tech isn't just for the sake of. They have just passed legislation that is going to REQUIRE ALL auto manufactures to impliment the technology in the near future due to too damned many cell phone related car accidents. The result may even cut into your profit margin.
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
The next weekend before the same tease came over and we got to second base (or maybe to the shortsop) and no further for hours. But I had a plan, I jumped up and said "Oh sh!t that pizza is hitting me!" and ran to the bathroom. Backpressure was immense, I told my buddies about the geyser later on. The girl got the nickname "Old Faithful"

Similar situation but after the second go around she was nicknamed "Lip Cheese." I didn't run to the bathroom though. I just convinced her she'd still be a virgin if she opened wide and showed me her pearly whites.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:52 PM

Some of this [censored] is just getting silly now...more techno just to have more tech really does not accomplish anything, it's like a feeding frenzy with nothing to eat out there, Sure I have cell phone that rarely rings, I have a computer that I am literate with...but I do tend to cling to more traditional methods and devices when possable, I will resist until forced...

My money's on salmo in the last man standing contest. Dude is healthy as a horse.

stam

I'm with Stam on this one. I don't care if they passed legislation or not. This really is all about consumerism. Every time a new gadget comes out everyone has to have it. And what does it produce? Nothing. What benefit does the vast majority get out of having a phone that emails, takes pics, sends texts, shows movies, plays music, etc. ZERO. All it does is cause us to spend money on this [censored] so that somehow we can be hip like Bill Gates.

Quickbooks helps me run my business. My cell phone lets me get away from my business so I can enjoy some free time. Right now that's about all the technology I need.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:54 PM

Do you have any idea how many teeagers died behind the wheel while talking on the cell phone last year? Do you have kids?
Posted by: Thrasher

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
 Quote:
It there such a thing as a blue pussy? Doubtfull.

As one who had a spouse leave a few times for a 6 month WestPac, I can tell you it was very blue and sad! I think it even cried!

weeping is not the same thing ;\)

next, government will be pushing to have blue tooth GPS chip implants in our frontal lobes. Not only can they track us, but we can call anyone or receive calls hands free.

Soon, we will all carry the mark, a branding if you will

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 08:15 PM

Sol, I'm not doubting it's a distraction. But people multi task while driving which they shouldn't be doing in the first place. So, now they can talk via blue tooth keeping their hands free but they'll find other uses for their hands. Eat their yogurt, put on their makeup, and thumb thru Redbook. If it wasn't for bluetooth they'd just talk on the cell, eat their yogurt, put on their makeup and only pick up the magazine when they're done with one of the other activities.

How about just drive? There are already hands free devices for cell usage.

Does blue tooth allow you to text message?

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 08:25 PM

When my son was home at Thanksgiving we went out to dinner. He received a text message on his palm pilot thing. It was one of his major accounts and he answered back right away. I dogged him about it but he picked up the check for a nice dinner with drinks and wine.
When the kid picks up the check, no more doggin' about his wireless toys!
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 08:29 PM

Gee thanks Sol. Hell I ain't even retirement age yet. Not quite anyway.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my digital camera. I can load the photos on my computer just fine; it's the bother of posting them here that I don't get enthused enough to do, other than the once for the calendar. I really should redo my avatar tho; that poor trout looks awful.

Oh more techie stuff, I have a fish/depth finder for the boat. I just use the EZ features tho. The friggin' manual for that's a half inch thick too. Every one of these devices comes with a manual half the size of my college calculus text book. Life's too short to spend it reading all that crap.
Posted by: sodfarmer

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 09:04 PM

high tech is great , my new sprayer has GPS autosteer and computer controlled flow rates I make my pass then switch to auto steer I am within a sub inch of my last pass all I need to do is turn the rig at the end of each pass lock it in and go as for blue tooth it will be in my next truck
Posted by: OPfisher

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/13/07 10:09 PM

The only beef I got is that they're making it the only way to go now. I think after Jan. 1st its illegal to talk on a normal cell in your car anymore. I dont want to have to go buy something cause a bunch of drivers can't multi-task.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 12:09 AM

Hey John, make sure that 17" is what you want \:\) For portability they are kinda bulky and heavy...

I like my 15.4 \:\)
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 12:24 AM

Welcome to the present. Technology is increasing at a faster pace and you can either keep up with it or be seen in the rear view mirror. I haven't purchased blue tooth but I've paid for it since my wife has it. Her dad has it too and he's an old steelheader. GPS is pretty cool too as I used it to find Etna to get this springer on my avatar. My wife is out tonight looking to get a laptop with blue tooth built in.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 12:53 AM

Checkin' in. Just got back from the Conflict Resolution class "required" for final divorce these days. Basically, it's a court mandated encounter group of disfuntional personalities. I fit right in. I was voted class clown. What a surprise. Anyways, complain about BT if you want, it's part of your future. It's pretty damn simple so I don't see what the consternation is about. It's like a tapered fly line. When it first came out I'm sure there were some staunch level line guys bitc%ing about it, but once they cast it, the benifit became imediately apparent. Silk line vs. polymer before that. It's always going to be that way, live with it. \:\)
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 08:35 AM

Any likely victims to Sol's charm in the class?

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 12:57 PM

Maybe Richard will let you take Blondebud with you as your "date", that would knock the sox off the ex.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 01:40 PM

Jerry, you're BAD :>)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Any likely victims to Sol's charm in the class?

Yeah, the chick that sat to my left. At one point in conversation she put her hand on my leg, which is the international symbol for "Let's Fuc%." Unfortunately, my wife was sitting to my right, so I was esentially handcuffed. On the flip side I realized after I got home last night I left some insurance papers on the table with my phone number on them when I left. \:\)

Steve: If I could have walked out I would have, however, this class is required by the court in Kitsap County to get a divorce. \:\(
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 03:08 PM

You all talking about computer technology.

Ain't that just cute.

Rookies.

\:D

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 03:16 PM

Is that the only class you need to go to?
Posted by: Todd

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 03:30 PM

"You all talking about computer technology.

Ain't that just cute.

Rookies."

Damn...head over to the NW Fishing Board and see a bunch of rookies talking about fishing like they know what they're talking about...it's pretty cute, too! \:\)

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 04:22 PM

Yeah, Richard, I'm done. The parenting plan is done and the finances and billing are split appropriotly (exept the house which we still have to sell to split equity). I do have to pay child support in the amount of $26 per month..............Oooooooo. Just waiting for our day in court and this snigger in a free man. \:\)
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 05:12 PM

$26 a month as in 2 tens a five and a one ?

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 05:20 PM

Yes, Frank, and that's only because she is going to carry the kids on her health plan.
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 05:25 PM

Nice

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Maybe Richard will let you take Blondebud with you as your "date", that would knock the sox off the ex.

I think that would actually just knock the sox off of me. I htink it's a good plan.

you're so stiff thinking about it you can't even spell.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol
Yeah, Richard, I'm done. The parenting plan is done and the finances and billing are split appropriotly (exept the house which we still have to sell to split equity). I do have to pay child support in the amount of $26 per month..............Oooooooo. Just waiting for our day in court and this snigger in a free man. \:\)

I can just imagine the relief seeing the beginning of a new life.
Posted by: Bustinbig

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 08:12 PM

. I do have to pay child support in the amount of $26 per month.............. \:\)
how the hell does that work ? what do you make about $75.00 a month ? frick i should have gotten your attorney. you do not even want to know what i pay. and i still have to have full insurance on both kids.let's just say i could have two new trucks like your's and a new kick a$$ boat. well at least i got to keep the house and some of my dignity.
Posted by: fuzzygrub

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bustinbig
. I do have to pay child support in the amount of $26 per month.............. \:\)
how the hell does that work ? what do you make about $75.00 a month ? frick i should have gotten your attorney. you do not even want to know what i pay. and i still have to have full insurance on both kids.let's just say i could have two new trucks like your's and a new kick a$$ boat. well at least i got to keep the house and some of my dignity.

i hear that
back when it was my turn she got the house,car,truck,all the furniture and 17% of my gross income for 1 kid while i got all the bills and then every time she went in for assistance(3 different times over the years) they (child support enforcement)would automaticely garnish my wages and empty my bank account for a period of 3 months till they figured out that i was actually current, what a major pain in the a$$ that whole ordeal was
$26 a month WTF

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 10:15 PM

It's called style. I wonder the same thing when after I haul it out of some young thing and drive home these days. How the hell did I pull that off? If I knew the answer I'd tell ya. I just keep being my jackass self is all I can say. \:\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 11:14 PM

While I was channel surfing the tube while spacing out after the work week, I discovered something about wireless cell phone technology - Chuck Norris uses it in his Dodge 4x. Enough said.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck E
While I Chuck Norris uses it .

I'm sold.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/14/07 11:49 PM

Where do i buy this so called STYLE that you speak of . do they have it at walmart ? it's the only place i can afford now.
Posted by: fuzzygrub

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 12:50 AM

i think "style" is geek speak for a huge schlong
and if chuck norris bought it? i want two

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 12:36 PM

'Where do i buy this so called STYLE that you speak of . do they have it at walmart ? '

Last time I checked it was on the same shelf as the "Mojo".
If your mojo's working you really don't need anything else. Sometimes it just doesn't work on everybody.
As Muddy Waters said:
'Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you'

Sorry, but sometimes you have to accept that fact.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 04:38 PM

FRICK, that's just great. now what do i do ?
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bustinbig
FRICK, that's just great. now what do i do ?

Head to Blue Creek.
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 06:31 PM

Quote:
I just keep being my jackass self is all I can say.

That's it, I'm too nice. No more Mr. Nice guy screw everyone I want some toys.

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone. \:\)

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/15/07 07:56 PM

That chick from the class on Thursday night came by my place last night with those insurance papers I accidently left on the table when I left. SHWING!!!!!
Posted by: One Way

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/16/07 10:07 AM

I don't think either of my vehicles are set up for blue tooth.. However my cell is. One of my vendors gave me a pair of sunglasses that ARE the blue tooth instrument I think. They work, but unfortunately I look like a pimp ( or at least I have been told) when I wear them so I don't...I gave them to my son. On the support issue, there are benefits to wives having healthy incomes. My ex was 38 and told me during divorce proceedings she never intended to work again, What a frigging battle. Lost half of everything and still at first paid nearly 10 times a much as SOL is paying a month.Even after all that these are the best years so far period.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/16/07 12:17 PM

So, Sol's ex wife make's a lot of money ? Sol, since it didn't work out for you guy's. can i get her number ? please PM to me so every dirt bag here will not try and call her.
Posted by: DUCMAN

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/18/07 11:55 AM

Bustinbig, I thought you had a lady. You find out she is being shipped over seas for awhile and already on the prowl. She hasn't even left yet. SCUMBAG

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/18/07 12:38 PM

lol

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/18/07 01:10 PM

That chick from the class on Thursday night came by my place last night with those insurance papers I accidently left on the table when I left. SHWING!!!!!

Pretty sly.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/18/07 01:13 PM

What's funny is it was entirely unintentional on my behalf. Funny how when you don't give a rip about something it falls right in your lap.

Re: Blue Tooth - 12/18/07 03:28 PM

Fell right in your lap, eh? Funny you should use those words.