What a nice old man with traditional family values

Posted by: Todd

What a nice old man with traditional family values - 06/09/08 01:51 PM

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family values - 06/09/08 03:21 PM

I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>

So, how exactly is handing over this country to Islam any *worse* than handing it over to Christianity or Judaism, or any other messed up religion????

In my eyes, a fanatic is a fanatic, and it doesn't matter what religion they believe in. Honestly, I really see no difference between a jihading Islam and a whacked out Christian Right. Same, same.

Interestingly enough, I've never owned a Bible, never will, but I do have a Qur'an in my house since 2000. Ok, it's only there because I own a hand-carved Qur'an holder from Uzbekistan and needed it to hold something, IE a Qur'an, but still....

It comes in handy when I invite in the Jehovah Witnesses for a light reading from the Qur'an! It works well to scare them out of the neighborhood for a while, but I think a prop suicide belt packed full of TNT all wired together would be a nice added touch!

"It's all about the Jihad, my friends. Come in and lets read from the Qur'an."

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 03:55 PM

Because last time I checked Jews and Christians are not strapping bombs on to children and blowing up innocent people.

I feel you...and agree with most of what you're saying, but Jihad seems the most imminent threat BY far then any other organized cults/religon.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 03:58 PM

So blowing up clinics that preform abortions and killing innocent people is OK?

I'm failing to see the difference here.

Give the Christian Church a chance and you'd see the Crusades all over again.....

Heck, I'm pretty sure in every speech I've ever heard regarding war, the President of the United States always says, "God is on our side...blah...blah...blah."

"Praise Alah."

Same fukin' thing......

Besides, you know damn well that it would happen here in the US, if we were "occupied" by a foreign army against our wishes.

Posted by: chasbo

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:24 PM

John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "shitheads," "assholes" and in at least one case "a [censored] jerk."

and they probably are, or were 18 yrs ago

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:40 PM

Does anyone really actually believe this? If they do, they need their heads checked.

While this topic is completely unrelated to what a prick McCain is, Christian radicals have killed just as many, if not more people in the name of God than any other religious freaks.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Mikespike

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:41 PM

I could care less about his personality - can he do the job? I am still not okay with his intervening on behalf of his buddy Keating during the savings and loan scandal that ruined a lot of people's retirements/investments. Keating went to jail for at least four years, so how can I feel good about electing McCain?

Once again, all politicians seem to be scumbags now, left or right of center.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:44 PM

I think his personality is relevant...he'll be touring it around the world representing us for the next four years if he is elected. Dumbya's personality hasn't exactly upped out stature in the world.

A guy who's personality includes a hair trigger temper that's bad enough to call his wife a "trollop" and a "[censored]" at all, much less in front of other people is not a guy who I want in charge of pumping my gas, much less running my country.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:48 PM

You guys have done a good job pointing out how religious wack jobs give the rest of their respective religions a bad name.

This thread is about McCain being an asshole. Now, I am not a political animal, but I did work in a huge beauracracy for a while and I learned about how assholes fare in a political situation.

The asshole with no talent, even if he wanted to be upwardly mobile, never made it anywhere. No one would ever think of promoting a talentless asshole, no matter how good he thought he was at the job. A talentless nice guy/sycophant, would always move up waaay faster than the talentless asshole. I mean who wants to be around an asshole that can barely function in their job.

The talented asshole, was actually the most impressive individual when it came to doing their job. No management wanted this asshole in their meetings, yet when it came time for promotions and they look at the talent pool they would begrudgingly promote the asshole, even though they did not want to be around him. The talented asshole would have shot straight up if he/she was a nicer person, but because they stood by their principles, and right or wrong, would let someone have it when they were pissed at them, they moved up a little slower than the talented nice guys.

I guess in a way, that impresses me about McCain. If the guy is a tyrant, asshole, jerk, whatever, like that article says, the fact that he is the R nominee for president says a lot to me about what a few smart people think about his talent/capacity for the job. If he is generally disliked by all around him, I think at some point he would get torpedoed by someone he worked closely with. I don't care what he says to his wife, if it is really a problem, she's the asshole for staying with him.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:51 PM

C'mon Todd! McCain is gonna SCARE those terrorists into quitting with his mean temper!

Seriously, he'd need a couple of buffers between him and the missle launch codes - he's still got a score to settle with Vietnam...

Again, I need serious convincing to get past his intervention for Charles Keating - That rich f*cking assh*le ruined a lot of people's lives and McCain tried to get the hearings stopped or delayed that eventually got Keating indicted. I'm no fan of McCain.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:51 PM

You'd be angry too if you were put in a hot box for 5.5 years.

I forsee an "accidental dropping" of a MOAB or small nuke on Vietnam if McCain is elected presient.

"Dunno how it happened. The bomb accidently fell off of the plane...which just sooooo happened to accidently fly in to your airspace."

I'd be worried if I was Korea, China, or any other Asian country. He'll nuke 'em all.

The guy has some "inner rage" issues. laugh

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: parker
You'd be angry too if you were put in a hot box for 5.5 years.

Summer replacement show "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" from a few summers back. Andy is taking care of his boss' cat and temporarily has the cat in a carrier. The cat is whining from the box and he says "what are you complaining about - John McCain spent seven years in a box smaller than that."

Call me sick and twisted, but that was a great moment in television history.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd

Does anyone really actually believe this? If they do, they need their heads checked.

While this topic is completely unrelated to what a prick McCain is, Christian radicals have killed just as many, if not more people in the name of God than any other religious freaks.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd, I'm referring to present time not the through out history.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:18 PM

I'm referring to this:

"I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>"

...when I say "does anyone really believe this?"

If they do, then they need their heads checked.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:23 PM

Fish on...

Todd

Ok this was an exaggeration but Obama's affiliation with the RACIST ministers/churches and Bill Ayers far outweighs any anger outbursts that McCain shows on occasion. Hell everyone has anger issues some choose to keep it inside, is that healthier or not?

And to think some people think McCain and Bush are a like is laughable, hell they don't even like each other.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:37 PM

7 more posts Aunty. Use them wisely! wink

PS. When you come to find out that you've been locked out of this site after post # 10,000, don't blame me. I had nothing to do with it. Nothing. Or, maybe just a little bit of something.....

wink

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:52 PM

Ornery is one thing, and that thing is altogether different than a "family" man, a "religious" man, who calls his wife a kunt.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:53 PM

Ornery is one thing, and that thing is altogether different than a "family" man, a "religious" man, who calls his wife a kunt.

Fish on...

Todd

way to use the "k"! applause

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 05:54 PM

Yeah, the electronic thought police censored me the first time...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:03 PM

Funny how certain words are " forbidden " calling her a vagina would have been better....lets see if vagina gets past the filter.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:14 PM

I actually think America is a pretty nice place. I like it here.

WORD
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:15 PM

Aunty,
10. 9, 8, 7, 6.... Then what happens?

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:29 PM

Get used to it. Mr Obama "is" your next president.. Why ? because G.W was such a douche that 65 % of Americans will never vote republican.

Hows this for a legacy.. " A black guy with a Muslim name took over for me because I was such a total and complete C-sucker "....

Think I'm fill of Chit.. check with me next November.. We always wondered what it would take to get a Black or a woman in the white house.. we are going to get both.. directly.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Driftin'
Aunty,
10. 9, 8, 7, 6.... Then what happens?

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

I keep saying there'll be cake and balloons, maybe a parade. Either that or it will cause a fatal system error and we'll all disappear.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:32 PM

Ok this was an exaggeration but Obama's affiliation with the RACIST ministers/churches and Bill Ayers far outweighs any anger outbursts that McCain shows on occasion. Hell everyone has anger issues some choose to keep it inside, is that healthier or not?

And to think some people think McCain and Bush are a like is laughable, hell they don't even like each other.

The fact that pastors have become a serious issue in this campaign (on both sides) is ludicrous enough.

I'm assuming the "Obama will hand over the country to Islam" statement is just to stir the pot, and therefore earned the <popcorn> remark. I thought even Fox news gave up on that idea?

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
Get used to it. Mr Obama "is" your next president.. Why ? because G.W was such a douche that 65 % of Americans will never vote republican.

Hows this for a legacy.. " A black guy with a Muslim name took over for me because I was such a total and complete C-sucker "....

Think I'm fill of Chit.. check with me next November.. We always wondered what it would take to get a Black or a woman in the white house.. we are going to get both.. directly.

News flash ...... Obama is as much white as he is black...lol
Kinda like Tiger Woods is as much black as he is Asian. Kinda funny how people fall into the media labels.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:36 PM

We always wondered what it would take to get a Black or a woman in the white house.. we are going to get both.. directly.

I'd honestly be shocked as shiat if Billary ran as Obama's VP. I just don't see it happening.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaiser D.

The fact that pastors have become a serious issue in this campaign (on both sides) is ludicrous enough.

I'm assuming the "Obama will hand over the country to Islam" statement is just to stir the pot, and therefore earned the <popcorn> remark. I thought even Fox news gave up on that idea?

I totally disagree with you, as do a lot of other people in g damn america. This racist pastor was " his spiritual advisor " for 20 years, this is what Obama was quoted as saying. Then all of the sudden he disassociates himself and quits the church. WTF?
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:40 PM

No buddy... the guy is Black.. he embraces it. Fact is, he will be the next president. In a phucked up way, I'm O.K with that. Hell, I have to be because thats the way its going to be. A black guy with a Muslim back ground... I don't have a problem with blacks. The fact that they lead the nation in phucking up is on them.

I've always been a Democrat.. just didn't think we would win it that easy.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:41 PM

Separation of church and state - I don't care about pastors, ministers, priests, druids, etc. in the debate. All the candidates suck - we are not being offered anything good here...

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:46 PM

No buddy... the guy is Black.. he embraces it. Fact is, he will be the next president. In a phucked up way, I'm O.K with that. Hell, I have to be because thats the way its going to be. A black guy with a Muslim back ground... I don't have a problem with blacks. The fact that they lead the nation in phucking up is on them.

I've always been a Democrat.. just didn't think we would win it that easy.

You are the same guy that predicted the SF 49ers were going to win the divison last year....lol

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 06:47 PM

No way. He would have predicted the Vikings to win it all. Or some crap like that. wink

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 11:23 PM

No chit on that one...all the RWWJ's believed it when Dumbya/Rove were saying it in 2000...all of a sudden they don't believe it anymore?

He's a putz for letting those yapping dogs do it to him in 2000 and not putting a stop to it...if you're worried about having a Prez who won't stand up for America, don't pick one that won't even stand up for himself.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Fast and Furious

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 11:39 PM

Its no wonder people cant spell anything on the web.

i called my ex wife that several times. It comes at a time, when the gray matter is in complete failure to come up with a reason the woman would understand. We cant call them pussies, cause thats what we call other guys without balls. Back then, I was a ........ If youre wife walks all over you, you might just be a ...........

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/09/08 11:45 PM

If you equate "having balls" with "calling your wife a c.unt" then I think you're going to be lacking female companionship for a while...I manage to both have balls and not call the women in my life "cun.ts"...maybe it's too much of a challenge for the RWWJ's...I find it to be an act of cowardice, not an act of "manliness"...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 12:21 AM

No, it didn't start "too ornery"...it started with "good Christian family man calls his wife a c.unt"...

I have a ton of respect for how Sen. McCain conducted himself in Vietnam...the very fact that men like him did that makes G-Dubya even more of an embarrasment...but I bet there are a lot of ex-POW's who don't call their wives cu.nts in front of people because they're having a "bad day"...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Fast and Furious

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 12:39 AM

Todd, they are separate issues and both were a problem 30 yrs ago.

Maturity takes work.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: blue water pro
Like Mikespike, I don’t care about a candidate’s religion either, firm believer in separation of church & state BUT I would never vote for a candidate who belonged to the KKK, or to a church where they honor Farrakhan who called Hitler a great man, who called Judaism a gutter religion, & give him their lifetime achievement award. Since when did it become okay in to overlook when people bash Jews? Rev Wright screaming GD American 5 days after 9/11 which would be before all the American’s had been removed from the rubble is INEXCUSEABLE to me. The only people I heard of that were pleased about the attack were the terrorist & Sadam. Obama finally did the right thing & renounced Wright, but he should have done it sooner.

I withheld judgement before but I can now officially put you on the short list of PP shark jumpers.

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 01:12 AM

Judge not least you be judged. LOL. Have no idea what a "shark jumper" is but it somehow doesn't sound good.

I'm afraid I don't know what a "shark jumper" is, either...but I'm interested in finding out...like you, bwp, I suspect it's not a compliment.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 01:13 AM

It's possible he thinks you're cool, like the Fonz...he was a shark jumper!

rofl

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/10/08 09:53 AM

grin No shark jumping stories here. wink

That's because you would have had to be in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show where, during the second set, shark jumping was a featured skill of the famous Pony Express Riders! laugh
Posted by: fishdontbiteforme

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/11/08 03:49 PM

I don't have a problem with blacks. The fact that they lead the nation in phucking up is on them.

All I can say is wow...................."Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/11/08 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: fishdontbiteforme
I don't have a problem with blacks. The fact that they lead the nation in phucking up is on them.

All I can say is wow...................."Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

That reminds me of a " typical white" person statement. Kinda like " I have friends that are black " dead give away for a bigot. lol
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/11/08 09:09 PM

I don't doubt President McCain dropped the "C" bomb on his old lady. President McCain probably had a reason for calling those people bad names.
The President calls em like he sees em. smile

Mf

P.S.
Your boy Obama's going down hard!

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/11/08 09:26 PM

I heard Hayden lake has some big lakers fishy
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/12/08 12:28 AM

The book is a good example of why so many quality people don't want to run for office.
Posted by: Roguefshr

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/13/08 02:03 AM

Obama does not have a patriotic bone in his body.It is a shame he wont wear an American flag or put his hand over his heart for the national anthem. The thing Obama is best at is reading off a teleprompter, watch him in a town hall style meeting, he cant hardly say an entire sentance.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBX8sz3tO8
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/15/08 02:27 AM

I guess I'm old enough to respect those who speak what they think. I'm not getting that when listening to Obama. I like guys/gals who look me in the eye, grab my hand with authority, and who speak their truth. The last thing this country (or any country for that matter) needs is a psuedo-polite figure head who hasn't figured out who he/she is yet.

When the [censored] hits the fan, I know who I'd follow.
Posted by: Phoenix77

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/17/08 10:48 AM

ohn McCain's Sons
Talk about putting your most valuable where your mouth is! Apparently this
was not "newsworthy"enough for the media to comment about. Can either of the
other presidential candidates truthfully come close to this? ... Just a
question for each of us to seek an answer, and not a statement.

You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There
were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and
the story comes from one person in New Hampshire.

One evening last July, Senator John McCain of Arizona arrived at the New
Hampshire h ome of Erin Flanagan for sandwiches, chocolate-chip cookies and a
heartfelt talk about Iraq. They had met at a presidential debate, when she
asked the candidates what they would do to bring home American soldiers - -
soldiers like her brother, w ho had been killed in action a few months
earlier.

Mr. McCain did not bring cameras or press. Instead, he brought his youngest
son, James McCain, 19, then a private first class in the Marine Corps about
to leave for Iraq. Father and son sat down to hear more about Ms. Flanagan's
brother Michael Cleary, a 24-year-old Army First Lieutenant killed by an
ambush ... a roadside bomb.

No one mentioned the obvious: In just days, Jimmy McCain could face similar
perils. 'I can't imagine what it must have been like for them as they we r e
coming to meet with a family that ......' Ms. Flanagan recalled, choking up.
'We lost a dear one,' she finished.

Mr. McCain, now the presumptive Republican nominee, has staked his candidacy
on the promise that American troops can bring stability to Iraq. What he
almost never says is that one of them is his own son, who spent seven months
patrolling Anbar Province and learned of his father's Ne w Hampshire victory
in January while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Two of Jimmy's three older brothers went into the military. Doug McCain, 48,
was a Navy pilot. Jack McCain, 21, is to graduate from the Naval Academy
next year, raising the chances that his father, if elected, could become the
first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower with a son at war.

I chose to share this with those who I believe will pass it on, to others
who will pass it on. We hear so much inflated trash out there. How about a
simple act of kindness ... and dedication to others placed above oneself?

Has anybody heard if Barack Hussei n Obama has served in The American Armed
Services? This is for all you Barack voters. From Barack's book, Audacity of
Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an
ugly direction."

HE DID NOT SAY STAND WITH AMERICANS!!!!!

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/17/08 12:37 PM

Nice cut-and-paste Phoenix. You should try not changing someone's words sometime. He never mentioned muslims and was, in-fact, referring to American citizens.

As you so eloquently cut-and-pasted, "We hear so much inflated trash out there."
Posted by: Irie

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/17/08 12:50 PM

McCain supports the troops, eh?

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/9559
Posted by: stever in everett

Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va - 06/17/08 02:44 PM

"You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There
were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and
the story comes from one person in New Hampshire."
How can a "story" from someone in New Hampshire be verified?
This is like quoling "unnamed sources".

I heard it on Rush today then when I got home it was on Fox so it must be true. Two completely different fair and ballanced sources. Right?