Who will McCain choose as V.P.

Posted by: stever in everett

Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:15 PM

Romney Pawlentry or Lieberman? Any other possible choices that haven't been mentioned?
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:18 PM

Pawlenty only because I don't think he has been exposed to the voting public at large, unlike the other two. Romney is an also ran and Lieberman is an independent.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:18 PM

I'm going with Kay Bailey Hutchison...to try and snap up some of Hillary's "I'm only voting for a woman!" supporters.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:39 PM

Romney will bring in the women voters with his looks, and will help because his sucess in business. I would think it would have to be a pro lifer though.

Mitt would also help in securing Michigan too, he must attract a lot of libs in order to govern Mass.

Buckle up this is going to get crazy!!

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:44 PM

I think Mccain needs to quit using the POW card, I was listening to him talk the other day and he brings this up when it was not even germain to the topic. We all know that he is a war hero, but enough already.

Much more effective when other people bring this up, rather than himself.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 06:57 PM

I never said he was going to help Mccain win Mass, I said the state of Mich.

Last I heard BO had a 5 point lead in Mich? Retract, BO has a 2 point lead as of 8-25-08 ( Rasmusens )
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 07:03 PM

Dude he is in a cult.
I saw the South Park episode.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 07:13 PM

Who cares? The lead in Michigan is evaporating and this is before Romney (if Mccain chooses him) is even announced. This is a state that has a 9% unemployment rate I believe.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 07:38 PM

Any chance of Condoleezza Rice ?

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 07:59 PM

Did you know the national unemployment rate is lower than in the Clinton years? Did you happen to see the GDP report today? 3.3 % are we in a recession?....betcha BO [censored] his pants when he saw that # today.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 08:19 PM

His wifey is African American, Obama is Mixed.....only 10k at Mccain rally? Maybe they should try giving away free ciggs to the homeless to coax them in attending...seem to work in 2000 for the dems. thumbs

I need to go fishing. fishy

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 08:25 PM

They should just put up "It's all Clinton's Fault!" posters...that should get at least a few thousand more whackjobs out of the woodwork.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 08:27 PM

banana
Posted by: Fast and Furious

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I never said he was going to help Mccain win Mass, I said the state of Mich.

So I ask again....................

When is the last time a VP candidate helped bring a state his father was Governor of 40 years ago into the fold for a party ?

grin

Your right , it holds no water. I heard it on the TV as well. Engler couldnt deliver and he was a popular gov, at least for a while.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 11:38 PM

Fred Thompson. wasnt he the first one out, like Obiden?

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 11:54 PM

I'd say the Dems have a few states in mind to try and win some crossover votes...at tonight's show they trotted out a handful of delegates from around the country to talk about why the were there...all were ex-Republicans who voted for Bush, twice, but aren't going to vote for McCain.

They were from Ohio, Florida, Michigan and New Mexico.

I think it's pretty clear where they think they can nab some electoral votes.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/28/08 11:58 PM

Plastic hooks?

Am I that far outside the loop? Do they even make those?

There are a lot of Republicans* who don't like it that we fish, especially around here...most of them are part of Big Energy, or their subsidiaries (eg., the aluminum industry)...and the building industry, too. They want to save all the allowable ESA kill for their businesses, not for our "recreation"...

Fuk'em, I say.

Fish on...

Todd

*not necessarily conservatives...Republicans.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 12:09 AM

My guess is Leiberman.

The choices would be far left, or middle right.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 12:11 AM

I feel for you...the first time I saw a "Sportsmen for Bush!" bumper sticker I almost swerved and ran their Plymouth Reliant off the road with my one ton.

Sportsmen for Bush? Really? What kind of sport? What good is having an assault rifle if all there is to shoot at is concrete?

I think "Athletic Intellectuals for Rosie O'Donnell" actually makes more sense.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 12:23 AM

I think John should ask....

Mf
Posted by: Irie

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
That's one of the major problems I face at the ballot box; I'm a nature loving conservative. Quite the paradox.
Around here the biggest problem we face is the water grabbers and those that want to set up gravel mines on the rivers.

Don't you mean "Tree-Hugger" or "Eco-Terrorist?" wink
Posted by: stever in everett

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 11:03 AM

I had heard her name mentioned a few times as an outside chance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin
She was born in Idaho and moved to Alaska as an infant. Her husband is an Eskimo.
I am sure she will be pro drilling in ANWR. I wonder where she stands on the Pebbel mine issue.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 01:55 PM

She's ultra-conservative...any of the women that vote for her were already going to vote for McCain anyway, so I don't think she has the crossover pull that Hutchison would have had...

They're already calling her a "maverick", too...but she's more of a "I think I'll just call myself a maverick" than an actual maverick, just like McSame...against pro-choice, member of the NRA, fundamentalist Christian, loves Big Oil*, etc., etc.,...

*She earned her "maverick" title by going up against Big Oil on one thing, once.

I was thinking that McCain would be aiming at Hillary voters, but I think he went completely the other way and is appealling to the RWWJ base by selecting one of them as his running mate.

He did add the "If you want to vote for an historic event, now you can do it by voting for me, too"...I don't know how much that is worth.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 11:15 PM

She was born in Idaho and moved to Alaska as an infant. Her husband is an Eskimo. 'Quote

Ive seen him on TV, if he is 1/8 eskimo, Id be surprised. They met in high school. I dont know what the busing arrangements are in Alaska.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 11:18 PM

*She earned her "maverick" title by going up against Big Oil on one thing, once.

Turning down the bridge to nowhere......

Running against Murkowski and winning, taking on corruption in the state. Firing people who dont tow the line.

can you count?

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/29/08 11:50 PM

She might want to start with corruption in her own portfolio...she's the first VP nominate to be under an active investigation for corruption and ethical violations.

McSame took a big risk on that point by tapping her for VP...I suspect, though, that this will only help her chances with her own investigation...Alaska would, of course, love to have someone in the White House.

"Firing people who don't tow the line" is not necessarily a good thing, depending on what that line is...firing people who don't cotton to her petty personal squabbles is about as corrupt as it gets.

LB, I used to think you were the reincarnation of this toolish figure known as eastsidedrifter, but then there were times when you started sounding smarter than him...but honestly, that wasn't exactly a high bar to surpass.

Lately, however, your incessant petty whining coupled with weird perspectives and a fundamental misunderstanding of some very basic tenets of a myriad of subjects makes me think that you might be someone else.

You're not really Rory, are you?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:02 AM

Is it true that the baby was raised in a Madrassa in Pakistan? Was the baby baptized with a Koran?

Cool down, Sal...it's only a question, after all...I mean, where's the dad blamed liberal media? Why aren't they reporting on this important story, and especially these important questions?

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. KK...are you sure you're not the anti-Christ?

It's just a question!

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:02 AM

I believe Adolf Hitler is the father.

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:06 AM

Why would you possibly think that?

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:13 AM

lol

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:18 AM

smile

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:23 AM

What if the 16 year old's boyfriend just turned 72 a few days ago? That's a combined age of 88...and that's a lot of years.

I mean...I'm just asking...hypotheically smile

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:48 AM

Our state senator Patty Murray looks like she has down syndrome.... rofl

Seriously though, people with ds are very kind souls !!!
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Who will McCain choose as V.P. - 08/30/08 12:53 AM

Wait for it.....

B
e
c
a
u
s
e

Here it comes...

T