Another sign the end is near!

Posted by: laterun

Another sign the end is near! - 09/04/09 07:26 PM

Just read an article that said the people at Rainier Park are putting up 223 road signs with paw prints on them to commemorate all the animals that are hit by vehicles in the park. Mostly squirrels and chip-munks.
Is there any doubt why we are going to hell and the poor house as a country?
Posted by: uglybugger

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/07/09 01:47 PM

224 now........just nailed a big fat squirel that couldnt make it out of my way in time. doh
Posted by: Todd

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/07/09 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Ban all vehicles in our parks and that problem will be solved for our furry friends.

In WDFW's infinite wisdom, perhaps we should just ban furry critters in the park...that would solve the problem, too...right?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/07/09 06:29 PM

If they banned tourists, that would solve a lot of the problem right there...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/07/09 06:50 PM

Bacon.

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Establish Sharia Law in Yosemite, and that would end the problem...definitively!
Posted by: Timber

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 01:22 AM

2 squirel, 2 rats that cats killed, 4 yotes and soon to be a toad and his followers...

All in a night
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 01:28 PM

Saw a coyote loafing in the tall grass at the bottom of the hill from my deck yesterday, first time. Turned around and went out the front door to see one of the pet deer with her fawn amble out the driveway, cross the road, and jump the fence into their alternate forest habitat. They're nicer company than some of the neighbors and their "pets."

Sg
Posted by: j 7

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 01:58 PM

They should open furry critter hatcheries. That will fix it for sure.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 02:58 PM

If you've got bucks in October I could be part of the solution moose Aunty.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 05:53 PM

Aunty,

Not a problem on my 30 mph road. If they get out on the highway, they become road kill and the cars become smashed. I shouldn't say they are pet deer, but they forage on my place and the neighbor's property. Can't say I blame them. My place was wooded until the seller clear cut most of it just before I bought it. Wildlife probably still think it's home, and that I'm the intruder. Gonna' have to work out some kind of deal with them when I want to plant a few things. The deal will probably involve a fair amount of chicken wire.

Sg
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/08/09 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Timber
2 squirel, 2 rats that cats killed, 4 yotes and soon to be a toad and his followers...

All in a night

Somebody must be a good cook at your house. Free range!
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Another sign the end is near! - 09/09/09 11:43 AM

We named our pet deer Sausage, Backstrap, Patty & Link.

Momma (backstrap) and the twins (Patty & Link), were in the yard this morning.