Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/21/10 03:44 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/...-stay-in-alaska
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/21/10 04:03 PM

yup....Palin belongs in the joke thread
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/21/10 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
This must be more of that non existent GOP strategy to ruin her for a Presidential run.

The one they all denied after the mid terms.

rofl

The GOP, lie as the first option

So far Newt, Lisa and Barbara have all had a negative remark. Any other Rs?
Posted by: Irie

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/21/10 09:18 PM

Barbara Bush is a hold over from the days before the GOP first courted through the NRA and was then taken over by Religious Fanatics, Ignorant Yokels, Bigots, and Schizo-Paranoid conspiracy theorists...of which Palin is all of these rolled into one.

I never thought I'd say Bush I was a good president, but compared to his spawn Shrub... at least he made an effort.
Posted by: Mingo

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 10:25 AM

She needs to STFU and go away. Just curious......has a failed politician who QUIT either a gubernatorial or senatorial position EVER gone on to win the Presidency? Or any other high ranking elected office?
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
She'd have about the same chance of being elected prez as Stretch would.

Obama got elected...
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Barbara left something out. Palin should stay home in Alaska and keep her mouth shut.

And make some dinner.
Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 02:07 PM

Posted by: Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 03:09 PM

The most fun part is that Palin right now is leading in the polls as the GOP candidate that GOP voters would put on the ticket...and the same polls show that Obama would whoop her ass if she's on the ticket.

The Tea Partiers won't learn...and the GOP will either have to cut ties with them, or let them continue to choose the eventual losers for them...when your "base" is base, well, that's what you get.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: docspud

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 03:46 PM

About the only hope BO has...........Palin. rofl

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 03:58 PM

That's my point, Hank...Obama's popularity is below 50%, but polling says he'd not only beat Palin, but beat her like a rented mule...and polling also says she's most popular among GOP voters right now.

Embrace the ignorant TeaBaggers, and that's what you'll get...dingbats put up for election, and then soundly beaten.

Cut the TeaBaggers loose, and the GOP just lost its "base".

This is the GOP's dilemma right now...curious how the right wingers see it...comments?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 04:11 PM

Palin will spend 4 years less than BO as president. Billary wins in a landslide.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 04:15 PM

Quote:
This is the GOP's dilemma right now...curious how the right wingers see it...comments?

As an American I'm just disgusted with the whole process.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 04:22 PM

Not sure I follow you. Palin is just another person who came to light the old fashioned way. She earned her way out from under the desk 'cause some old man thought he might get elected 'cause of her. He was wrong.

GOP values? Liberal values? They're the same.... do whatever it takes to gain office.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 04:38 PM

I would be ironic if Plain not only assured the Ds control of the senate, but also got Obama reelected. Run baby run.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 04:55 PM

I use our state as an example. It's been controlled by the D's for a couple decades now and what does that say about us voters. Neither side has the answer. Until we can cross party lines and vote as independants nothing is going to change. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Posted by: Irie

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
Quote:

As an American I'm just disgusted with the whole process.

It serves them right. They courted and then empowered the Hillbilly Vote. They woke up the monster that is Xenophobic Stupid America and now they can't put it back in it's box. Not even the fear-mongering NRA newsletters & "voter's guide's" can control them now.

You whip up a lynch mob, usually someone's going to get lynched.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 07:43 PM

That is exactly the problem..."the enemy of my enemy is my friend" works great for a while, until they actually become your friends...and now the Tea Baggers aren't only the GOP's friends, but they're living in their spare bedroom, eating their dinners, and sleeping with their daughters...won't be easy to get rid of at this point.

How they didn't see this coming is beyond me...hell, six months ago I was cheering for the ignorance of the Tea Baggers to bite the GOP in the ass...looks like I'm getting my wish.

If you're one of those who think the Tea Party being embraced by the GOP is a good idea...well, you've made your bed, now you get to lie in it...if you're one of the GOP'r's who thought it was retarded all along, good luck on getting your party back.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 09:22 PM

Quote:
They courted and then empowered the Hillbilly Vote.

Both parties court any vote they can get. You don't think the D's court those who feel as if the government is the answer to all their problems. Whether they're hillbillys or welfare moms, someone is promising them something to get them to put a ballot in the mail box.

Hell, we're too f'n lazy to go to a polling place.

Does anyone here think our government actually gives a shat about you or me?

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 09:26 PM

Todd, do you know what a tea bagger is? Pretty much not cool to continue with that phrase.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 10:21 PM

They gave the name to themselves, until they realized what they were calling themselves...judging by the signs I've seen with my own two eyes, the ones I've seen them wagging on TV, and the candidates they support, I'd say calling them TeaBaggers is a damn sight nicer than a lot more appropriate descriptive terms.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 11:00 PM

So I get this text from my wife, this morning, who is sitting right next to some of the Palin klan on the plane. I told her to get a picture or ask for some tea. Anyway they were on their way to Dancing w the Stars.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/22/10 11:05 PM

She should have looked out the window and said "Hey, look! I can see Russia!"...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: goharley

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 12:29 AM

Palin: single-handedly keeping comedians employed.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 12:43 AM

She doesn't represent anything. The only thing she brings out is the hatred from other people. These conversations are good because we get to see who has there heads so far up their assess that conversation about politics or anything else isn't worth the time to type on a key board.

Third party or independents would be a change from status quo. Unfortuntely it seems too many folks here are ok with status quo and the same [censored] talking points that have helped us into the situation we're in right now.

Darcy F'n Burner.....? Chris Gregoire....? Dino the idiot....? There has to be a better option.

Sorrry business is in the tank. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and reevaluate how things need to be done. It might be just the slightest little tweak.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 12:45 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_bag_(sexual_act)

Really not something you all should be proud of when using that term in referance to others.

But, I wouldn't expect anything less considering the tone in many of these threads

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 01:06 AM

Like I said...they called themselves that, they just didn't know what they were calling themselves...no one pinned it on 'em.

Unfortunately for the GOP/TeaBaggers is that the hate that Palin brings out is mostly the hate that the GOP/TeaBaggers have for most everyone who isn't them...which is why it was such a mistake for the GOP to allow themselves to be co-opted by the TeaBaggers.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:18 AM

Might have had something to do with these guys and gals...no one made them wear these retarded hats, or put the stupid looks on their faces...

[img:center]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHckg9VdNsEep_73jXXOulD2eFx5vBb4aPzp3Qdkh6FaA86oyq[/img]

[img:center]http://www.eyeonlifemag.com/storage/a-ha...N=1275324428156[/img]

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:32 AM

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:39 AM

This guy sure doesn't mind calling himself a tea bagger...

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:45 AM

This guy's my favorite smile

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:48 AM

The hard part is trying to find the TeaBaggers who gleefully call themselves TeaBaggers...because there's a lot of satire out there, and it sound EXACTLY like the real TeaBaggers...hard to tell the satire from the reality, which is not usually that hard...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: goharley

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
Third party ... would be a change from status quo.
You got your wish, they're called the Tea Party. Makes the status quo seem kinda trite, now, don't it.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 11:49 AM

...and any true TeaBagger whining about being "slurred" by being called what they are can fukk right off...they can't get a sentence out without a racist, homophobic, or flat out idiotic slur about someone or something that they can't wrap their tiny minds around.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 03:44 PM

I'm not old, my goatee is shaved off, I wear cool glasses when I wear my glasses, and I'm a coffee drinker, not tea...though I do look pensive, on occasion.

Purty sure I won't be him...ever...even if I get struck by lightning and 2/3 of my brain cells are burnt to a crisp, I'll still be far smarter than him.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 04:24 PM

I'm sure he has a few brain cells...just not sure he has any more than that.

No ceremony, just cut it off...it's been a while.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/23/10 05:44 PM

Got to do more than just change the goatee.

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/24/10 07:35 PM

More of Palin's brilliance...

Stand with our North Korean Allies! <link>

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/24/10 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Got to do more than just change the goatee.

If you mean to be like that guy, you're absolutely right...I'd have to have 89% of my brain removed, shop at Wal-Mart...and call myself a TeaPartier.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Barbara Bush to Palin - Stay Home, - 11/24/10 08:16 PM

Everybody! Please stop talking about Sarah Palin and any of her clan. It feeds the troll. Not that I wouldn't hit it if she'd be silent.