PAC 10 Hoops

Posted by: Magicfly

PAC 10 Hoops - 12/11/10 07:01 PM

Watched the Husky/Texas AM game. UW didn't play to well on the road today. How many chances did they have to steal the game. At least 5. crazy

How could AM not score a single point in the last 6 + minutes and still win the game, Chuck? eek

Cougs won their game though... smile

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/12/10 01:48 PM

1/30/11 Dawgs Projected 2 point winner over my Coogs in Pullman... We'll see about that.

Cool site.
http://www.kenpom.com/conf.php?c=P10

GO COOGS!!!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 02:45 PM

Watched a bit of the uw basket ball game last night. Looked like they had their hands full.

Mf
Posted by: Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 04:17 PM

A few of these posts need to move over to the "Delusional Coogs" thread...since their delusions have moved over to this thread.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 04:34 PM

Hey Cooger.

Shut the hell up.

Or go kill yourself.

Whichever.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 04:56 PM

KK, go with "go kill yourself"...but to be honest, I'll settle for "shut the hell up"...though something tells me a Coog won't even be able to follow those simple instructions without fukking it up.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
KK, go with "go kill yourself"...but to be honest, I'll settle for "shut the hell up"...though something tells me a Coog won't even be able to follow those simple instructions without fukking it up.

Fish on...

Todd
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Three losses...............big talk from Dachshunds...............three loss Dachshund fans.

rofl

Look at the big brain on me...right again.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/19/10 09:57 PM

My Coogs got another 'W' and are knocking on the Polls door. Won't be long. smile

Sweet 16 here we come.

Mf
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Magicfly
Watched a bit of the cOOgs basket ball game tonight, looks like they got their hands full

Mf

You think? and just who is this "santa clara" team rofl

Washington St

Santa Clara

* 2nd4:15

At 4:15 left ... your coogs are losing.

Still bitching? or braggin? Rofl:

Well Chuck no one has called you out yet so I will. The cougs cooned Santa Clara in the last few minutes. I am suprised they are not rated yet. We are playing Baylor tomorrow and the only loss they have is to Gonzaga, and everyone knows the cougs whooped up on the Zags a couple weeks ago.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 01:08 AM

The cougs really put a hurtin on Miss. State today, it was a good game to watch Cklay Thompson put on a shooting clinic that will be remembered by the NBA scouts in the crowd.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 02:05 AM

Come on Chuck, when you look at stats it doesnt look that good, but they need to be interpreted with a grain of sand. For example Miss St had the #1 Scorer in the nation and the cougs shut him down, not completly but enough to blow them out of the water.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 02:10 AM

And as far as rebounds and points per game that is dictated by the type of ball they play. If you remember the Cougs under Bennet we only averaged around 50 points per game put still made it to the Sweet Sixteen a couple of times. And as far as rebounds go, we dont let our opponents take enough shots to have a great rebound score, we get the ball with steals and take aways.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 03:24 AM

We'll find out a lot about both Wa and Wa st after their trip to SoCal!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 10:02 AM

And the Wa schools are like 1-40 at Pauley Pavilion in the last 20 years.

Kinda cool the biggest test is the first weekend!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 07:08 PM

The cougs are looking really good against #15 Baylor right now.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 08:44 PM

cougs are still good

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 08:48 PM

Cougs win, We will be ranked soon.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 08:51 PM

What's better than being ranked? Beating ranked teams .

Cougs WIN another. 10-1

Ain't it great being a Cougfan! smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S
I am hoping to see WSU, UW, USC, Ari and UgayLa ranked by season end. Time to get the eastern coasties a dose of West coast medicine thumbs

+1

Mf
Posted by: Rapid Robert

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/23/10 08:56 PM

GO COUGS!!!

Nice win on the road over #15 Baylor... beer

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/24/10 01:44 PM

Renardo Sidney could come play football for WSU any day. He's got what it takes, to be a Coug.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/24/10 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Mf
He's got what it takes, to be a Coug.

Lack of brains?

Poor judgement?

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/25/10 12:49 PM

Merry Christmas everyone, and enjoy the WSU, Butler game tonight. Cougs going for win #11. smile

[img:center]http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/8540967...30A760B0D811297[/img]

[img:center]http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000mz2tDcvE8mA/s[/img]

GO COUGS!!!

Mf
Posted by: Doug P

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/25/10 03:53 PM

Dan S " lack of brains" ?

To be a starting point guard for the malamutes....
Five years of High School and three tries to get a passing S.A.T score

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/25/10 11:39 PM

Them Butler boy's can play ball.

WSU just needs to keep it close, keep drawing the fouls, and hit the free throws.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/26/10 12:22 AM

Butler laid the smack down. We couldn't match em.

We'll see em again in the Final 4.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/26/10 12:34 AM

Butthead is a solid team.

No shame in dropping one to them.

Pac-10 play just around the corner.........
Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/26/10 11:42 AM

We'll see em again in the Final 4.

Make that a double rofl rofl

Ike
Posted by: DBAppraiser

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/30/10 02:34 AM

WSU looked like they were out of gas in the 2nd half tonight. Probably spent too much time in Hawaii.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/31/10 11:19 AM

After UW's win over Neb, last night I decided to treat myself to the Cougar, UCLA game that I had taped. I figured I'd save the best for last..... crazy

Mf
Posted by: CedarR

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/31/10 02:28 PM

Both games for the Washington teams look to be good ones today. Not easy for the Huskies to get a win at Pauley. It would be great to see them start league play 2-0. Watched the post game conference by USC's Kevin O'Neill following their Wednesday loss to UW, and they really felt they should have won that game. If your a bball junky, you might enjoy his insightful comments and ample praise for the Husky team.

http://www.usctrojans.com/allaccess/?media_type=189

Note: link didn't go directly to post game conference. Had to find it on the linked page.

It was good to see a coach other than a Seattle coach explaining why they lost for a change.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/31/10 07:08 PM

Go Dawgs!! LA sweep!
Posted by: Chromebrite

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/31/10 07:17 PM

First time in over 35 years we complete the SO CAL TRIFECTA and sweep both schools on the road ... this team is scary deep! They will take the Pac-10 and go DEEP into the tourney.... GO DAWGS!!
Posted by: RSmith

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 12/31/10 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Go Dawgs!! SoCal sweep!

fixed for you

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/01/11 06:39 PM

Dawgs played great down South. My Cougs, not so well.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/02/11 12:59 AM

The cougs had been on the road for 2 weeks and the energy in the stands was non existent.

The Dawgs are playing better then I expected.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/05/11 08:29 PM

We'll be doing it without Abdul Gaddy, though...sounds like he's out for the year with a ripped up ACL frown

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/05/11 10:02 PM

Probably because if you're good enough to be on a major college program, you're probably good enough to not be there for four or five years...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/06/11 09:36 AM

Stop IT and you'll beat the Dawgs rofl

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/06/11 09:37 AM

Bummer about Gaddy but I suppose it's better this year before Overton graduates.

Still going to hurt them in March as he always seem the most level headed guy on the court regardless of the situation.

Good chance for the rest of the boys to step up!!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/06/11 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Ran across this while looking for other items. Basketball players in the Pac-10 don't put too much emphasis on scholarship.

Basketball Grad Rates: Pac-10
UCLA 82%
Oregon 73%
Stanford 62%
Oregon St. 58%
USC 43%
Arizona St. 40%
Washington St. 38%
Washington 29%
Cal 20%
Arizona 11%

That's a totally bogus/misleading number. I can think of 5 of 6 guys who after one year playing under Romar just simply aren't man enough to be a Dawg and then transfer.

Elston Turner is just one example from last years roster! About one a year leave and this counts against the grad rate above.

That and one and dones like Hawes actualy count against that number for three years which makes it a totally bogus number.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/06/11 10:00 AM

I have no idea how this works and it makes no sense to me but the Dawgs are #20 in the RPI which is a pretty darn good place to be prior to dominating the Pac!
Posted by: mutinyman

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/08/11 01:10 PM

Luck decides to stay at Stanford AND graduate. Turns down almost unanimous 1st round draft pick. Good for him. Terrence Ross should start and bring Venoy from the bench. Best 6th man in the league

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/08/11 10:00 PM

Great game today. Huskies sure figured out the Beavs zone at halftime. Outscored them like 63-33 in the 2nd half.

You know it's going good when the human victory cigar comes in at the 3:30 mark!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/09/11 11:38 AM

oregon teams limp home without a win!! now I can put on my Auburn hat and hopefully watch the flucks go down in flames on Mon night. I don't care if they are pac-10(12) rooting for oregon is never an option
Posted by: The Catcherman

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/09/11 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: mutinyman
oregon teams limp home without a win!! now I can put on my Auburn hat and hopefully watch the flucks go down in flames on Mon night. I don't care if they are pac-10(12) rooting for oregon is never an option

My dislike for eastern bias is greater than my dislike for Oregon therefore, I'm rooting for Oregon to beat Auburn and hopefully bring a little more respect to the Pac 10. Besides, at least Oregon has steelhead to catch. Where you gonna catch one of those in the south eastern USA? grin

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/09/11 12:13 PM

ROOTING FOR OREGON IS NEVER AN OPTION

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/10/11 10:42 PM

Bad news from the other side today as Coug #3 Moore was charged with 2 counts drug possession ... why these kids choose to Fk up a golden opportunity is beyond me

Sorry to break this news to you dogs "UW Basketball Player Accused of Rape"

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Seattle-...-113248229.html

Doesnt say who it was only that it was a "Prominent member of the team"

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/11/11 02:17 AM

Very true Chuck. However, the 16 year old has been to Harborview and had a rape kit/exam performed along with a 2 hour exam. Not good for anyone at all.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/11/11 08:13 PM

I guarantee Mr Romar will handle this properly...he is a good Man.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/11/11 09:34 PM

The Husky basketball player should have never put himself in this position. Appears like some of the crap that happened with Husky football players a while ago that was written in a Seattle newspaper a couple of years ago and made Husky fans upset. Let's hope it wasn't rape. I heard something like inappropriate touching on KOMO tonight.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/11/11 10:08 PM

If you look around, you can find the police report online...with all the names redacted, of course. The victim is alleging that she was forced to perform oral sex, and that she was penetrated by the alleged perp's fingers...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/11/11 10:29 PM

Hope it not a point guard. grin
Posted by: summerrun

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/14/11 12:01 AM

Chuck, you catch any games tonight???:)))

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/14/11 12:21 AM

smile Thats not nice, first my house burns down then my car falls apart??

Hate to break it to ya Chuck but there wont be one Pac 10 team that even makes the sweet 16 this year, pretty weak group all around.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/14/11 08:52 AM

I caught the video stream of the second half of the Cal WSU game that went into OT. WSU needs to learn how to rebound, and play defense. Way too many turnovers. The refs sucked. WSU needs another offensive weapon besides Klay Thompson who scored like 36. Reggie Moore's FG % is horrible. Bone needs to get these guys ready to play.
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/14/11 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
I caught the video stream of the second half of the Cal WSU game that went into OT. WSU needs to learn how to rebound, and play defense. Way too many turnovers. The refs sucked. WSU needs another offensive weapon besides Klay Thompson who scored like 36. Reggie Moore's FG % is horrible. Bone needs to get these guys ready to play.

+1
How come Bone can't get this team ready to play consistently?
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/14/11 10:35 AM

This is the other thing that drive me nuts about Bone. Everyone knew that they Cougs were going to try to get Thompson the ball, so why not let him be a decoy and runs some plays for someone else? Bone doesn't seem very creative.

Thompson did not attempt a field goal in overtime.

“We were trying to get him the ball every single possession, but it was hard to get him the ball,” WSU coach Ken Bone said during a postgame radio interview. “We weren’t able to execute down the stretch.”

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/19/11 09:46 PM

I haven't watched any College hoops since the Ducks lost the their Bowl game. Something died inside me that day.

The last time I felt this way, was WSU Rose Bowl loss to the Sooners.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/19/11 09:56 PM

Don't even feel like sparing.... See how I feel tomorrow.

That reminds me I owe my nephew 40 bucks. Cause I bet him the Saints would beat the Hawks.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/19/11 09:56 PM

Sorry for burning your house down and removing the transmission from your car Keith ... it was a tough week rofl

Since the Dawgs dismantled the Cal bears tonight by 21 things should be pretty smooth for ya wink

Save up the anger, once ASU comes to the Hec and puts the wood to the Dawgs Saturday it will be back:) First we have to get out of last place by pounding the Coogs Thursday...

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/20/11 05:24 PM

Arizona 83
Dawgs 80

THE Arizona St SunDevils 56
Coogs 55

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 04:55 AM

Next.......

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 07:30 AM

"Isaiah Thomas, it's not even close, there's not one player in the country who's more disrespected across the nation than him. Not one. It's not even close," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "If he's not one of the top four or five point guards in the country, then I'm going to tell you I want to invite these guys who vote to come and watch film."

smile

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 10:05 AM

Didn't make it there last night but you must have had a great time. Hec Ed sure can rock during the regular season.

Too bad for you season ticket holders the Dawgs will run every other opponent on the home schedule. Not as exciting when they're up by 20 with ten minutes to go smile

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 11:30 AM

Dawgs look like the only legit team in the weak Pac10...u will probably stomp ASU by 40. Enjoy it but remember its all about March Madness and you have to win on the road...Good Luck!
Posted by: Bent Rod

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 11:47 AM

How do you know thats true?Were you there ? STFU UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT....Rod

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 12:10 PM

We don't know what happened that night but isn't it 'innocent until proven guilty'. Wouldn't be the first time someone claimed rape looking for a payday.Lets hang the kid out to dry before we know what happened,ruin his future and all that...If he's found guilty..then castrate him.Until then let it be....Rod

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 12:19 PM

Does it matter who the player is,give him his day in court.And I'm fine with you doing what you want, just stay the fu#$ away from my goats you assh0$e...Rod

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 01:15 PM

Jeezus H. F'n Keerist................did I just see a Cooger say some sh!t about supplying liquor to underage girls?

An effective solution to this is to bulldoze the whole WSU campus. That takes care of 99.783% of the cases that occur in Washington yearly.
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 05:59 PM

And for you westside Coogar fans, found the radio broadcasts on AM 1300 thumbs

Looks like we'll be on FSN Saturday though thumbs I like Purple Passion's prediction too, gonna be a close one smile

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/21/11 06:13 PM

Another UW/ASU prediction: Brendan Sherrer, the human victory cigar, will play a career high four minutes in Saturday's game.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 11:42 AM

RAISE THE ROOF!!! I admit to being a Thomas hater early in the season,because he was trying to be Nate Robinson, but I am back on his side now, as he has listened to Romar and is doing what he needs to do now that Gaddy is gone. Dawgs 114 ASU 64

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 11:48 AM

Bull crap that uw gets more TV time than the Cougs.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 11:59 AM

ASU 99
UW 67

BOOK IT!!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: summerrun
ASU 9.9
UW 67

BOOK IT!!

The ASU zone might be able to hold the Huskies to 67, or Romar may tell his players to run out the clock on each possession in the second half. The Husky mascot makes it into the game this afternoon.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: summerrun
Hate to break it to ya Chuck but there wont be one Pac 10 team that even makes the sweet 16 this year, pretty weak group all around.

None weaker than ASU...no Pac 10 team has a chance to make the Sweet Sixteen? That's ridiculous...why would you even say that?

I believe that this UW team is better and more experienced than last years, which I believe made the Sweet 16 as a lowly 11 seed. I'm not sure they are Final Four quality, but pretty damn sure they can make the round of 16.

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 06:53 PM

Depends on which player is the rapist....I thought you were fishing this weekend?

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 08:13 PM

For the last place team in the Pac and with 9 freshman actually surprised we played that tough...Ike you know WHY, I just like giving Dawg nation a hard time brother. It is kinda BS that this mystery player is going full steam ahead but I guess until something formal is filed thats life in a democracy.

Big ? with UW is can they win big games on the road...so far the answer is NO but they have a ton of talent and really could make a deep run. Figure they lose in 1st or 2nd round or go to final 4.

Go Devils!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Ikissmykiss
Depends on which player is the rapist....I thought you were fishing this weekend?

Ike

There is only one player with connections to the part of Seattle that the alleged rape took place and is old enough to buy alcohol.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 10:18 PM

Fair assessment on UW there Keith...but NCAA Tourney games are played on neutral sites (unless you're UNC or Duke and get to play in Charlotte every year, or Georgetown or Syracuse and get to play in the Garden). UW could/will run into trouble playing a team with multiple big men but I just like the way they play and think they will fare well. Good coaching, good guard play, and a decent defense usually spells success in the Tourney...I like their chances.

ASU? Today was the first time I really got to watch 'em. You'd think they would be better with Nate's and Hersey's kids on the team wouldn't you? I don't see how/why they are the last place team in the conference. Maybe they need Osweiler (sp?), who had a scholarship to Gonzaga for hoops locked in as a sophomore in HS to walk on? I dunno, they have the talent and the coaching to succeed in the Pac 10...I think they will turn it around and finish in the middle of the Pac this year. Can't help but think how good they would be with Harden still there...he really f'd them.

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: huntncoug
There is only one player with connections to the part of Seattle that the alleged rape took place and is old enough to buy alcohol.

So who is it then? Inquiring minds want to know. Funny that even noone on here wants to mention/incriminate "the player" in question. I mean, I can see King5 and Romar not naming him, but if you think you know who it is let's hear it.

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 10:33 PM

Hey Summerun ASU stinks!

It's pretty easy to find out who the alleged rapist is on the UW team.

Oh well its time for the Cougs vs Arizona.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 10:48 PM

Dang, Cougs came to play tonight.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/22/11 10:50 PM

Hey Chuck, are you taking bets on the Coug Dawg game next week?

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/23/11 12:05 AM

It's pretty easy to find out who the alleged rapist is on the UW team.

Well I'm not that good of an investigator...so who is it then? I doubt your testimony will be allowed in a court of law and I double doubt some thug is going to find you in Poulsbo...why is everyone so scared to mention the fu(kers name? Let's hear it!

Coogs look good tonight...I do like watching Klay. Glad he came back for his senior year, he would just be sitting on a NBA bench this year pickin' his nose. Who wouldn't want to be the BMOC this year and a fer sure lottery pick?

Ike
Posted by: fish monger

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/23/11 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Venoy Overton

Same person I heard as well.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/23/11 12:33 PM

Ike, A UW alum told me it was Venoy Overton because they could see the initials VO on the initial redacted police report. I guess whoever crossed his name out didn't do a good job. I'm not scared of anybody coming after me just thought his privacy was meant to be protected.

Klay Thompson had a terrible shooting night. WSU needs another shooting option when Klay goes cold. Williams came on strong at the end underneath and Zona shot their threes and made their free throws. That was the difference.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/23/11 02:58 PM

Quote:
Venoy Overton

Thanks guys! Not like we're going to try and convict him here on PP...we only do that to those who kill wild steelhead. grin

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/24/11 09:30 PM

as usual ....

COOG'd it again .....

I have to avoid this thread before I get around to watching my taped games.

Couldn't believe they gave that game away. But hey, gotta give props to the wild cats for hanging, and getting the win. I believe all Cougfan's would rather get the win this Sat. than the other way around.

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/25/11 12:28 AM

Was it Confucius, or Michael Vick that said, "Never bring a cat to a Dawg fight!"

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/25/11 03:24 AM

I believe all Cougfan's would rather get the win this Sat. than the other way around.

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

Coogs may very well win something on Saturday but their gonna get their asses kicked on Sunday laugh

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 01:31 AM

Washington by 12 points. Not a good match-up underneath.

Jake Locker will go 2-6 for 40 yards with one interception and -18 yards rushing in the Senior Bowl.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 01:43 PM

If Locker gets drafted in the third round, he'll still make more in his first year than you dildos will in your whole pitiful lives.

And his wife is waaaaaaay hotter than yours.

So suck it.
Posted by: Doug P

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 02:16 PM

So suck it.

Did he hook up with her on Facebook?

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 07:59 PM

Hank you take old news and run with it like it just happened, kinda like the glory days of the 69ers...most current info on Locker is that he has improved since a bad day 1 and many Mock drafts have him still going in middle of 1st round to early 2nd. His accuracy will kill him in the NFL though, he better learn how to pass from the pocket cause he cant take hits in that league trying to run.

It will be interesting to watch his career unfold...the Husky I want is Mason Foster, very similar to Hawthorne in that the dude just makes tackles like no tomorrow, too bad we traded our 3rd rounder for Whitehorse.

GO HAWKS!

You find a Q yet Spanky?

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 11:19 PM

I'm sure Ty knows that his ass depends on Locker learning how to throw a good pass. If he starts throwing good passes, game's over for the likes of WSU, SU, OSU......and UW will be taken seriously by every team on their schedule.

If he throws like he did last season, defenses will key on him, and he'll take a beating...........and games will slip away and Ty will be packing his bags.

If that kid learns to pass, he'll be Heisman material.

If Locker gets drafted in the third round, he'll still make more in his first year than you dildos will in your whole pitiful lives.

So suck it.

Sorry to break it to you but Jake Locker still cannot throw a good pass downfield. Maybe he could earn some money playing linebacker.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/27/11 11:45 PM

Here's the funny thing, champ.

He throws a pass well enough to make millions..............and he will.

You, on the other hand, won't.

Don't be jealous.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 04:13 AM

I was recklessly overconfident in predicting a UW mercy killing against ASU last weekend. I'm reeling in the optimism for Sunday night's game. The Huskies win by one point in a game I wouldn't want to wager on. Rooting for the Dawgs, but think it will be a tough game on the Cougars' court.

Speaking of football, here's a guy who has proven to be pretty accurate in his delivery.

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/10/michigan-parachute-game-ball/

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 10:38 AM

It's cool to bag on a kid for keeping his word, and being a stand-up guy, even when it potentially costs him millions.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 10:49 AM

Oh yeah...............basketball.

Go Dawgs!!

rofl

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 11:03 AM

Watch Locker Saturday when its for real. He might suck but because of BSU he might not...the two guys getting some of the biggest props at the Senior bowl will make him look good, as he will be throwing to Young and Pettis all day.

GO BRONCOS

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 11:21 AM

I give props to Locker for staying in state to play ball. I Hope Jake succeeds at the next level. smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 11:29 AM

oh ya Hoops thread...COOGS 74 Dawgs 72

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 09:30 PM

no charges were ever filed ... innocent until proven guilty

unless your a coog apparently wink

Not so fast Chuck. Prosecutor's office is still deciding about charges.

Dan obviously has a man crush on Jake. The only hot woman I've seen with Jake is his mommy. If Jake makes millions it will be primarily with his legs as he is inaccurate with the long ball. I hope he proves me wrong as he has good character and great feet. I just don't want the Seahawks to pick him in the first round like Dan Maguire and Rick Mirrer.

Back to hoops I think WSU can't stop UW down low.
Klay Thompson will make millions more than any of us.
Even if Klay shoots well from 3 point range it will not be enough unless the UW big men get in foul trouble.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 09:39 PM

Dawgs by 8...book it.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. I'll go with 88-80, outcome never really in doubt down the stretch.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 11:11 PM

Sliders

Jake Locker/QB/Washington: There are a variety of opinions on Locker's performance in Mobile, but from our standpoint the quarterback leaves the week with a much lower draft grade than the one he started off with.

Locker has the athleticism and arm strength to start at the next level, yet his mechanics and accuracy leave a lot to be desired. His erratic point of release resulted in passes that sprayed about the field. More often than not Locker had receivers leaving their feet in an attempt to grab passes that were sailing over their heads, or reaching backwards trying to catch balls that were late arriving.

Many debated whether or not Locker was first-round material once the season ended. The conversation now moves to his ability to remain in the draft's top 45 selections after Senior Bowl practices.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/fo...l#ixzz1COUxi7Kd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/28/11 11:57 PM

From the news paper the games not televised. Bummer.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 01:14 AM

Thanks Chuck.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 02:06 AM

you can work on accuracy DB ...

its tough to teach work ethic wink

I think you have that backwards Chuck. Its a good thing he is fast, because since he can't hit water falling out of a boat, he can run to shore. smile

I don't wish the guy any ill will, but most reports that I have seen pretty much all indicate the same thing: Great guy, great interview, struggling with defensive reads and accuracy. Contrary to what Chuck thinks, accuracy and touch are not very easily taught or learned.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 12:34 PM

Gee, if he fails in the NFL, he be doomed to.........................play major league baseball, and earn millions doing that.

What a shame.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 03:00 PM

Gee, if he fails in the NFL, he be doomed to.........................play major league baseball, and earn millions doing that.

What a shame.

The issue with Locker really isn't whether or not he will "fail" in the NFL. Personally I think he can succeed. The big question is whether or not he is worth drafting in the first round and it might be better for Locker's career to not go early in the 1st round but rather later to a better team where he can develop without all the pressures. Just not in Seattle. smile

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 03:57 PM

Rob Rang has Locker going to the Patriots.
Posted by: fish monger

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 04:34 PM

What a shame.

Not if he has the same accuracy and ball control with a baseball as he does with a football. Scary prospect if you're facing him as a hitter. eek

But hey, it worked for "Meat" in Bull Durham though. smile

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
Rob Rang has Locker going to the Patriots.

That would be a complete shame ...

How fitting.

Jake would be schooled under Brady, who was mentored by the Greatest PAC 10 QB of all time. bow

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 05:50 PM

He got a Championship ring....right.... And don't forget confetti. grin

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 01/29/11 09:22 PM

Bledsoe's problem was that he threw off his back foot.
Rypien won a Super Bowl MVP award. Leaf was the 2nd pick in 98 and was the best WSU QB.

Jake Locker will go 2-6 for 40 yards with one interception and -18 yards rushing in the Senior Bowl.

Jake was 6-10 for 98 yards and had -10 yards rushing, one sack, and one fumble. His long balls were off target. The announcers said his feet are too close together when he sets up to throw. However he did drive the North on a scoring drive with a dunk pass /30 yard run and the drive was aided by a PI call.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/03/11 10:43 PM

Locker just dropped off Kipers Big Board...goes to Hawks in 4th round!

Chuck you watching hoops tonight? Beavers r looking Goooddd...

Isiah "playground" Thomas just isnt gettin er done at PG. Gaddy loss is starting to show up...

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/03/11 11:31 PM

@%#^$^#$#%$*&*&^%&^$&#$%^*&#$#%$^%&$&#)(*&%)*&^$@#&*$^(%&$\

All I got to say.

+1 frown

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/03/11 11:37 PM

+2. just looked at the box score: cougs shot 25% from the field

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/03/11 11:57 PM

Isaih sucks!! he still thinks he is nate robinson.What a pile of carp
Posted by: bait dunker

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/04/11 12:05 AM

Good game dawgs.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/04/11 12:10 AM

Hey, I was being nice dipsh!t

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/04/11 12:14 AM

jeezus

That was messed up.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 05:59 PM

Chucky, u watching any hoops today???:)

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 06:14 PM

All I can say is wow. Unbelievable what both Oregon teams have accomplished. Congrats.

Hopefully my Cougs can squeak out a win before we leave with our tails tucked.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 06:15 PM

Come on Chuck, look at the bright side......oh never mind.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bait dunker
Hey, I was being nice dipsh!t

Don't take it personal bd.

Coug fans have always been more gracious in losing, than dawg fans. smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 06:52 PM

That's because they're so used to it.

smile

Stupid Dawgs. No heart left in this team.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 07:49 PM

Stupid Dawgs. No heart left in this team.

I find it disheartening to read your berating of the team. I've watched the dawgs last few games.... They're definitely missing Gaddy's play. But your team is giving it everything they've got. Seriously.

Please be more respectful of the dawgs here. smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 07:58 PM

What I find disheartening is their lack of heart. Hell if this team is giving all they've got.

Not even close.

They need to take another look at the way they've played in the last 3 games, and figure out how to change it.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 08:34 PM

The Dawgs will bounce back, the seasons not a wash yet. Have faith.

I'm about to fix a drink Dan. You want one? smile

Cougs are up 10 early over the Beavs.

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 08:39 PM

I'm going for the Goose right now. wink

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 08:47 PM

Nice. I'm having one of these.

Long island ice tea.

Enjoy the game everyone.

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 09:28 PM

your too f'kn stoopid to be nice.

Classic.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 09:34 PM

Sports are cool that way......win = drink....lose = drink
Tomorrow......same as today

Go "X"
no
Go "Y"

Both produce

Here's to tomorrow beer

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bait dunker

your too f'kn stoopid to be nice.

Your right

Exactly.

I know you're pissed off chuck . But why are you being so rude?

Get over it.

How about the Cougs win over the Beavs? Hard fought on both sides.

Those Oregon teams kicked some Wa. @ss. You Oregonians got to be proud. Way to go!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Sports are cool that way......win = drink....lose = drink
Tomorrow......same as today

One of the classiest post I've seen on PP.

I'll drink to that. smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/05/11 10:53 PM

Tell me your beautiful wife and kids aren't walking on pins and needles tonight?

Be nice. smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/06/11 02:23 AM

something very wrong in Dawgville. I don't know if the alleged rape is doing it or if the team just doesn't like each other. I don't think its the Gaddy injury, it was going on before that.Whole team was standing around while Isaih begged for the ball. Then he drives and gets stripped. Be afraid,very afraid. This aint done yet (2 games down to Arizona) but it's getting closer by the minute

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/08/11 11:38 PM

Hey Chuck, let me know when you're ready to talk.... smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/08/11 11:49 PM

Let it out Chuck....

I'm here....

smile

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/10/11 09:27 PM

Damn...UW is doing some bad things to Cal right now...serious ass whoopin' in process.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/10/11 10:52 PM

UW is kickin some ass, WSU is cougin in right now WTF!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/10/11 10:54 PM

at least Chuck will be able to sleep tonight!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/10/11 11:00 PM

Just shows what head cases they are. WTF was this team last week?

I hope they got their heads screwed on right again.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/11/11 01:24 AM

it's total buuuuulshit that a thread started by MF has reached pg.14!!!!

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/13/11 11:45 PM

My Cougs won again!

Mf

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 06:04 PM

Just read this thread for the first time in a while...didn't realize there were so many opinions on Locker in the college hoops thread.

Tough loss for the Coogs today...with their chances at making the Dance still in question you'd think they would have came out and stomped a 1 win ASU team, wouldn't you? 17-10 with three games left...it's gonna be close.

I just clicked on the Civil War game....although I am colorblind, those jersey colors, on that court, should be outlawed. To my eyes it looks like the whole crowd vomited on the court on the way to their seats. Atrocious!

Go Huskies!

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 06:06 PM

That WSU loss was a heartbreaker...and I'll probably be pissing off the CoogFaithful, but it was Klay Thompson's fault, clear and simple.

He was late to a team meeting, and was benched for the start of the game...and the Coogs all started out sluggish, clearly missing having him on the court.

By the time they rallied, they rain out of time. Thompson had something like 28 points, with 26 of them in the second half. A few baskets by him in the first half would have been the game maker.

Oregon just whomped on OSU, not a big surprise...and now the game of the week, by far...UW v. UofA...this is gonna be a goody, I hope!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 06:11 PM

Cats Claw the Dawgs and move into the Top 10...
UA 85 Dawgs 79
BOOK IT:)

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 06:15 PM

It's gonna be worse than that if the Dawgs don't get a move on frown

Fish on...

Todd

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 07:03 PM

Best WSU can do now is get a NIT invite. This team only has two Pac-10 players worth a [censored] and one defensive specialist. Motem needs to improve as the Aussie is no Baynes. Will not get far in the Pac-10 tournament.

Looking forward to spring football practice and baseball. Also looking forward to the NFL combine.

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 08:59 PM

Pretty close there Keith...hope you bet the over and not the spread! wink

Good entertaining game...sloppy at times but fun to watch. Williams is the POY for the Pac 10 without a doubt.

Ike

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/19/11 09:28 PM

the losses to Oregon and OSU looming pretty large for the Dawgs...................Its always something. The Dawgs will win out and will be dancing in March

Re: PAC 10 Hoops - 02/21/11 12:32 AM

Tough loss for the Dawgs yesterday against UA. One of the greatest games I've ever seen. Too bad the Dawgs took it on the chin.

My Cougs lost a heart breaker against ASU. But I got to give the Sun devils props for taking it to the Cougs.

Just finished watching Cal upset the Bruins. What a game in OT.

Looks like my Cougs won't win the Conference title out right and will have to win the tournament for an invite. smile

GO COUGS!!!

Mf