Talent beyond expectations.

Posted by: eyeFISH

Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 06:25 AM

You know my kids play this Lady's stuff all the time, but I never took her seriously. Just another outrageous attention-getting flash in the pan, right? The pop fare they play on the radio is so bland and canned that it's annoying, but OMG, the stripped down Lady goes beyond my wildest expectations.

Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUxDCEcH5A
Posted by: bait dunker

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 11:24 AM

She is a filthy pig in my opinion, PETA member, anti gun, loves illegal aliens etc. She may be talented, but I refuse to let it play in my house.
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 12:29 PM

I agree doc. She's more talented that I figured also.
bd -you've had experience with filthy pigs?
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 12:44 PM

+ 1 for Poke her face.

Mf
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bait humper
She is a filthy pig in my opinion

Too bad nobody gives a sh!t about your opinion, huh?
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 01:02 PM

He puts lipstick on them. This is why we hear the same song and dance from BD. He's not dealing with a full play list.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 01:34 PM

she is very essentric and fully understands where popularity comes. she has more talent and complete awareness than all the pop flash in the pans combined, including madonna. she will destroy all other popsingers. she is becoming a force like micheal jackson. like her or not her songs are catchy, whose style tho bizzare very often is trully original.
Posted by: bait dunker

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 01:51 PM

Don't confuse talent with the ability to market herself. She has some talent, but her marketing is off the chart, she is better at it than Madonna or Michael.

This kid is better.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLmqu51x7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 01:54 PM

She does seem to have a lot of ability, but the way she "sang" in that video does nothing for me. I thought it was funny when she tried to get the audience to sing along, and they didn't even try. I bet she would be great with something like "These Boots Are Made For Walking".
Posted by: Todd

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 01:59 PM

I can't help it...I've been intrigued by her since the first time I saw her interviewed...pop music and me parted ways in about 1992, but she's definitely caught my interest.

I haven't bought any of her music, but I don't turn it off if I see it on TV, either...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 02:16 PM

I like that many of the vidz you can find on youtube are her playing live...most "pop stars", when they play live, sound like crap...without million dollar engineers running their voice thru a computer, they got nuthin'...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bait dunker
She is a filthy pig in my opinion, PETA member, anti gun, loves illegal aliens etc. She may be talented, but I refuse to let it play in my house.

And people wonder why we have no useful political discourse in this country...I hunt and fish, and own guns...and I can goddamguarantee you that I'd rather spend one minute chatting with her than an hour hanging out with your sad and sorry ass.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 02:51 PM

bait humper is now a talent judge. rofl

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Oregonian
I thought it was funny when she tried to get the audience to sing along, and they didn't even try.

oreo, must not have beeen able to decerne a latin audience... IDIOT! the host of the show seemed to be very happy to have miss gaga on his show.

i believe i've heard several times that she is the 1st artest to ever reach a billion hits to her personal website. it has actually crashed because the constant berauge of activity.
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 06:23 PM

Lady gaga is and extremely talented musician and producer. Her popularity came from making "poppy" songs that everyone seems to latch on to, but she has several VERY reputable degrees and accreditation in music and music theory, unlike many other "flavors of the week" who are simply pretty faces with crappy voices and little to no production value.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
You know my kids play this Lady's stuff all the time, but I never took her seriously. Just another outrageous attention-getting flash in the pan, right? The pop fare they play on the radio is so bland and canned that it's annoying, but OMG, the stripped down Lady goes beyond my wildest expectations.

Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUxDCEcH5A

If you heard the studio version first and then this, you would recognize that Lady Gaga is a force.
I would not, however, like to have to explain phrases like "if it ain't rough...." or "disco stick" to pre-teen or teenage girls.
Good luck with that, Doc.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 06:58 PM

That song doesn't do anything for me, but then I'm not 13 years old. She has a good voice and some piano talent. I really don't know anything about her, even if she is a marketing and musical genius. When I first heard her name I thought, "what a stupid name," but then I thought Beatles was a weird name for a band too. Maybe she's bound for longer term super-stardom like Elton John or somesuch.

Sg

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Brewer
Originally Posted By: Oregonian
I thought it was funny when she tried to get the audience to sing along, and they didn't even try.

oreo, must not have beeen able to decerne a latin audience... IDIOT! the host of the show seemed to be very happy to have miss gaga on his show.

i believe i've heard several times that she is the 1st artest to ever reach a billion hits to her personal website. it has actually crashed because the constant berauge of activity.

Spewer, I don't know where you are coming from here. It was funny of her to ask the audience to sing along, they couldn't do it, and didn't try...who could sing along with her the way she pauses suddenly, and uses her own brand of pronunciation. She is obviously very talented, I'm sure the host of the show was quite pleased........................it is common for television hosts to be "very happy" to have _______________ on their show.

Idiot ?
Posted by: SBD

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/24/10 10:03 PM

http://www.wearepopslags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/lady-gaga-2.jpg

Money she's making you would think she could afford a better wardrobe..

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 12:24 AM

i have two daughters in HS. i listen to alot of this pop music in my house. all the lyrics are very suggestive. i'm like what the hell did he/she/them just say??? trust me they all know what a disco stick is.
Posted by: Satan

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 12:32 AM

Stefani Germanotta is her real name. From an upper middle class family in New York. She has been playing piano and singing since she was 4 years old. She is a talented musician and songwriter,and a carefully crafted pop artist. Love her or hate her,she's a household name,and has gotten a huge reaction from the world as a whole. I think she's great.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 12:49 AM

Got her stage name from Queen's Radio Gaga. I've listened to a few of her songs on YT.

She credits Freddie Mercury as an early inspiration, and I believe his influence can be heard in her singing.

She's a talent, and time will tell if she has what it takes to eclipse Mariah Carey's record 18 #1 hit's.

Mf

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 01:29 PM

theres something very nice about this song. kinda wonder how many teenage girls have listened to this song... and gave it a try. seeing if they like tasting another girls cherry lipstick... the lyrics these days in pop music cover all the bases very well.
Posted by: Irie

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 01:46 PM

Posted by: fish monger

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Irie

+1

I can't believe I just read this entire thread. Five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: fish monger

+1
I can't believe I just read this entire thread. Five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Yeah, the five minutes you won't get back, but at least your Geezer Card is still intact grin

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 05:35 PM

rofl

it may be gay, but for some of us here we have teenage children. as this is the case, music is listened to very frequently. so it does not fall under the true gay catagory, as a old foegey might choose to theorise.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 08:25 PM

There are teenagers living in my house too, but they damn sure don't rule the roost. If I catch them listening to something inappropriate I'll break their ears off...and they know it.

This is still a very gay thread.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 10:33 PM

Hey! The only reason I posted on this admittedly gay thread was because I didn't want to leave doc swinging in the wind after bd dogged on the subject. It just seemed the right thing to do. Well, that and the fact my 15 yr old Granddaughter likes her a lot so I was forced to listen to some of GaGa's tunes last time she was up.
Check my avatar - could you 'no' to that face if she asked you to listen to her fave singer?

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/25/10 11:09 PM

Shock and awe.....
The meat dress.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 12:04 AM

No they won't.
Posted by: fish monger

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

+1

Yeah, the five minutes you won't get back, but at least your Geezer Card is still intact grin

I guess if being 35 makes me an old geezer, then you're the one who should REALLY be counting your minutes. smile

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 12:20 AM

She makes raw meat look good. Have to give her that.

Mf

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 12:27 AM

+1

I guess if being 35 makes me an old geezer, then you're the one who should REALLY be counting your minutes. smile

rofl

OK, maybe not Journeyman Geezer, but I'm thinkin' Geezer Apprentice.
Nothin' wrong with that.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 11:52 AM

Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 11:53 AM

Doc never ceases to amaze me....a Gaga thread? grin I didn't care for her at first, didn't listen to her music or watch her on TV; but for some weird reason I like her now and am actually looking forward to her new music to see if she is just a flash in the pan or an artist that continues to grow and get better....I'm betting on the latter. Still can't decide if she's hot or not... crazy

The meat dress was classic...I think that's a flank steak on her head.

Ike
Posted by: Doctor Rick

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/26/10 01:18 PM

Shock and awe.....
The meat dress.

Prolly ticked off a lot of PETA folks.
Posted by: donno

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/27/10 12:39 PM

She has a few catchy tunes but I don't see her as that talented a singer. I feel she has a lot of talent in marketing though.
When you get down to it, talent is in the ears of the beholder.

Re: Talent beyond expectations. - 12/27/10 09:09 PM

This exchange between Grandpa stam and Oregoian - "a gay thread that proves that people will argue about...
.....anything."

'No they won't'

This whole thread was worth it for that exchange. I'm still cracking up about it......