I love Craigslist

Posted by: Sky-Guy

I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:11 PM

Another successful and fast Craigslist transaction this morning....

We bought a new memory foam mattress which was delivered this morning, and had to get rid of our old king mattress.

I put an ad in the free section saying come pick it up and whomever brings a case of Corona gets the the front of the line. Jacob from Bothell just showed up with a cold 12'er and took away my old mattress.

SCORE! so instead of hauling sh!t to the dump or paying to have it removed, a dude comes over in less than 2 hours from my posting, gives me beer, and takes it away....Take away my old sh!t and give me beer for it...only on craigslist!
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:38 PM

Sweet. I'm going to try something like that now.
Posted by: big moby

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:42 PM

Did you browse the casual encounters? always a good read. I think bait dunker could find a piece of ass on that sight....male ass that is

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:44 PM

This isnt the first time either, I've given all kinds of stuff from old furniture to kids swimmin pools for beer.

If you have a successful I just gave away my crappy stuff for free beer transaction, lets hear about it on this thread rofl

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:46 PM

Quit being so godammned nitpicky on my words Hank grin

A box, a case, half rACK..WHATEVER... its all good! thumbs

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:57 PM

Nah. I intentionally had to make this post confusing because if Todd knew I had a free 12'er or case, or whatever I may or may not have....I'd be getting a call that we should probably shoot some pool, or hey, can I come over to check out those pics from last weekend. etc etc. rofl
Posted by: Todd

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 03:59 PM

I have no need for subterfuge...I'd call you from right down the street and say "I'm here to help you drink that 12 pack, I hope you put it in the fridge! Rack'em while yer at it, biotch!"...and then show up two minutes later smile

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Twitch

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 04:29 PM

A couple years back, my g/f's family was moving from Gresham down to Dallas. After renting several huge-ass trucks, and packing them to the brim... there was still tons of stuff in the house. New buyers were throwing a party in it that night...so it HAD to be empty, or pay a fee...

g/f's step dad pulled out the lap top, and stated, "anything you want, free, has to be gone this afternoon"

Not 30. min later, a van full of Russian dudes, fresh off sturgeon fishing the Big C, rolls up and takes charge of the situation. They got a small hot tub, big ass trampoline, and a 40" tube TV into that van on the first trip. Then, several of the dudes posted up outside, and kept new arrivers from getting anything. Van pulled back up, they loaded it again... and repeated the process several times. Even took the flower pots w/ plants scattered around the yard rofl

My neighbor had a big hot tub that hadn't worked for years. Full of green water, leaves, etc... he was complaining about having to haul it off and pay dump fees.
I said, "Put it on Craigslist"
"Nobody will take THAT" he replied.
"The hell with Take... someone will PAY for that thing, watch..." I dared him.

"Broken Hot Tub, Don't Know What's Wrong = $100"
- Gone in two days rofl
Posted by: sykofish

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 05:11 PM

Took your advice Ryley. rofl

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/2185503783.html

I am getting thirsty waiting for a call.
Posted by: SBD

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 06:03 PM

"Scary... a bunch of biker lesbians are going to show up at syko's place with beer and do bad things to him now."

Damn if there's video it might be the best thread of the year..
Posted by: hybridcx

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 06:24 PM

never understood the giving away used mattress on craigslist before... yet i hear of it all the time..
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Another successful and fast Craigslist transaction this morning....

We bought a new memory foam mattress which was delivered this morning, and had to get rid of our old king mattress.

I put an ad in the free section saying come pick it up and whomever brings a case of Corona gets the the front of the line. Jacob from Bothell just showed up with a cold 12'er and took away my old mattress.

SCORE! so instead of hauling sh!t to the dump or paying to have it removed, a dude comes over in less than 2 hours from my posting, gives me beer, and takes it away....Take away my old sh!t and give me beer for it...only on craigslist!

Did you throw in the fact that the "stains are free"...

Keith

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Scary... a bunch of biker lesbians are going to show up at syko's place with beer and do bad things to him now.

rofl

Actually had 3 calls and the mattress is gone.

No beer.

But things are looking up for the TV.

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 07:51 PM

Keith, Mattress had a cover on it, no stains, just used.

Syko,
I think you need to be more clear in your ad and say " I'll give preference to anyone who brings me a 12 pack of beer, you'll go to the front of the line."

I'm going for another 6'er with this ad smile

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/zip/2185788045.html

<edit> Dan, if you look to the left in the pic, you'll see I still have your special chair here at the house smile
Posted by: StinkingWaters

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 07:55 PM

Great idea SG.

,.......... but it's been "flagged for removal' ???

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 08:09 PM

farking flaggers, ok I relisted:

Posted by: No Warranty

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 08:27 PM

I keep clicking on the ear of the rocking horse in your ad, but nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong?
Posted by: bait dunker

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 08:52 PM

Mattress, like new, slight urine smell.
Posted by: Krijack

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/28/11 11:12 PM

No beer involved, but a couple years back we torn down a mobile. It had a foundation of cinderblocks and the guys had piled up them to go to the dump. I put an ad on craigslist friday night and the response was incredible. All gone by saturday morning. We saved the dump fee and the cost of hauling it. Figure we saved a couple of hundred with a 2 minute post.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 03:20 AM

If I could only stop the tranny's from replying to my ad's, life would be much simpler.

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 11:12 AM

I gave away a used toilet, gone in about 20 minutes.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 11:33 AM

Don't know about other towns, but I can tell you that around Port Townsend, if you don't want to haul it off, you just put it out by the street with the ol' FREE sign......gone in a heartbeat. smile

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 04:15 PM

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/van/1625829503.html

If you get bored read Best of Craigslist..Some real dandy's out there.
Posted by: Man of logic

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 04:30 PM

rofl penis contest! thats fuuuuuny.

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 05:56 PM

TV and mattress are both gone from my add.

Nobody brought beer........

To hell with Craigslist. rofl
Posted by: lovetofish365

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/29/11 10:00 PM

hahahahahahahahahah tooo funny
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: I love Craigslist - 01/30/11 12:20 PM

I'ved used CL to have people haul off an old POS BBQ, a million pounds of half-bricks, lumber, etc. All for free and a case of Corona tossed in here or there if I think my "garbage" might be worth something.
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/01/11 05:16 AM

Never had anything but praise for CL. Have sold/bought all sorts of stuff, unbelievable how large of a marketplace it has become. I've put things up on CL and within 2 hours had cash in hand.

Might have to try Sky-Guy's approach next time I have some worthless stuff that needs removal from my garage...
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/03/11 02:08 AM

Its really a pain in the ass all the spambots and people who flag your sh!t on there. Wish they would fix that crap.
Posted by: Man of logic

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/03/11 03:22 AM

ferking obumer spam. This what you're talking about? (copied and pasted)

My family was having a incredibly difficult time due to the slow economy until
There was
revealed to the gov is passing down green notes to People in the usa.

I did have little idea they were conducting this so I explored this and found out it was true.

Take a moment to type out "gov wehp" into google so you can peruse more
info on it so you too can help out your folks just like I did for mine.

Kind Regards, Nathan Graham

I don't give a sh!t that your family is going through a hard time. Even if I did think you were real, I wouldn't respond because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to spell. Your just making my time worse by crumping up my inbox and making it harder for me to make a couple. I know your not listening becuase you're a canned computer message, but you need to shut the fuk up and stay out of my personal space.

I've replied to many of these and sometimes I wonder if anybody reads it. Even if they don't, it's a great way to vent. wink
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/03/11 01:50 PM

Precisely, either that or they want to sell you miracle penis pills or show you their webcam. Really fukkin annoying when you're trying to do actual business on the site.
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/03/11 03:11 PM

rofl rofl
Posted by: troller

Re: I love Craigslist - 02/04/11 03:01 PM

love craigslist sold and purchased items I found on thier.

Best deal I found was someone listing a treagar BBQ for 100 bucks, Saying it didnt work anymore. I went to see it and offered him 75.00 he accepted my offer. Got it home and started looking it over he left it outside and the pellets had gotten wet and turned to concrete. pulled the motor and a couple panels off and managed to get the auger out. cleaned it and removed all the stuck pellets put it back together works like a charm. It was one of the original BBQ's they put out and had a attachment so you could remove the lid where you cook and install a box on top that holds 3 more racks plus the lower one. I can smoke a 100 pounds of meat on thier when I want. About a month later a buddy of mine that works as a Designer/fabricator. One of those guys that can do anything with anything. Said hey I am intstalling another brew system in the brewery where he works and we are using these digital controllers I can order a extra for $90.00 and install it in your smoker. So now I am into it for $165.00 and now have a digital controlled smoker. Best part was he supplied a couple of growlers of Manny's so I could watch him install it.