Predictions on Locker?

Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 10:13 PM

The combine is a week away. How do you think he will rate? Will his stock improve or decline following the combine? How early or late will he be drafted? Are the Hawks looking at him? Is Harbaugh looking at him? Will he be the first or the fourth QB selected in the draft? Will he be bang (Sam Bradford) or bust (JaMarcus Russell) in the NFL?

I know only time will tell, but I'm looking for predictions from all you football experts.

Personally, I wish he would have just went the baseball route.

Ike
Posted by: Todd

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 10:21 PM

Third QB drafted, outside chance at the second one picked. Lots of upsides, if he has a mentor for a couple of years.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: summerrun

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 10:22 PM

Interesting topic as far as football goes, many opinions on him and he should shine at combine drills ie speed, elusiveness, strength, roll outs, character but when he starts throwing from the pocket ugh...I think he goes to a team with a veteran Q, that is already playoff quality so they can give him 2-3 years to work on his accuracy without throwing him to the wolves. Late 1st or 2nd round pick and prob left 30+ million on the table to come back and win the Holiday Bowl...life is not about $ but thats some serious coin to give up.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 10:38 PM

Jake will wind up playing some kind of ball, making a pile of cash, banging his hot wife, and being a solid citizen who gives back to his community.

That's my prediction.
Posted by: SundayMoney

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:03 PM

If he makes it in the NFL it won't be as a QB. If he insists on playing QB,he'll be out of the league in 5 years.

I think he'd be a stud at TE. Throw in some Wildcat QB and he'd a useful guy to have on your team.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:15 PM

Way to go out on a limb there Dan and Chuck S's....we already know all that. Seriously, what does his future hold? I wanna hear it, especially from you two homers... grin

Ike
Posted by: larryb

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:26 PM

will not be drafted. will sign as free agent. cut at end of pre-season

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SundayMoney
If he makes it in the NFL it won't be as a QB. If he insists on playing QB,he'll be out of the league in 5 years.

Sorry Sunday, I loved your bouncing boobs avatar and respect your fishing knowledge, but give me a break! You're saying he has the same (or less?) potential as a NFL Q as Randle El or Isaiah Stanback? Jake could have been a tight end, could have been a linebacker (or any other non-line position for that matter), but he chose quarterback, and that's his only position. Unlike many very athletic college QB's, he ain't changing his position for the NFL.

Ike
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:35 PM

If it wasn't for Locker's 4.3 speed, he might not even be drafted. He has shown very little improvement in the 5 years at U.W with a completion percentage of 53% and no down field instincts. With that being said, there are a lot of teams looking for QB'S that are athletic and mobile. He could go anywhere from 11-40, his good attitude will help him and seems willing to be coached. I'll be rooting for him now that he's not a Fuskie. thumbs

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:44 PM

Thanks for your valued input there Larry...but since you're here, I'm trying to plan an OP trip here in the near future. Could you let me know what day(s) you have scheduled with Bob so I know which weekend to NOT head to Forks? grin

Ike
Posted by: larryb

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/16/11 11:51 PM

none booked now. well post if i book to save you rain out
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 12:02 AM

I think Locker will have moderate success in the NFL. He has all the physical tools, speed, strength, size etc to be a star.
I think he lacks in his decision making ability and to read defenses properly.
Perhaps a few years on the bench and getting coached up will help him in those areas.
Posted by: mutinyman

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 12:17 AM

You can't fix stupid. Not fast eneogh in the gray matter

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: mutinyman
You can't fix stupid. Not fast eneogh in the gray matter

Classic.

Physical tools, coachability, and serious smarts are why Jake will be a decent, if not better NFL QB...give him a good coach and a good mentor for a couple of years, and the stuff he's lacking will be there.

In the important things, he's exactly the opposite of a kid like Ryan Leaf, who had all the physical tools in the world, but wasn't much smarter than the football he was throwing around, couldn't learn, couldn't be coached, and couldn't handle the pressure or choosing from the McDonald's menu, much less the pressure of being a professional athlete.

Jake's got all the innate talents, and can be taught the rest...I sure hope he finds himself in a place with good teachers, because he can learn whatever he is taught.

The important things can't be taught...athleticism, brains, speed, will to win, etc....and he's got all of those.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Todd
In the important things, he's exactly the opposite of a kid like Ryan Leaf, who had all the physical tools in the world, but wasn't much smarter than the football he was throwing around, couldn't learn, couldn't be coached, and couldn't handle the pressure or choosing from the McDonald's menu, much less the pressure of being a professional athlete.

Ahhh...well I guess that is the point of my topic. Leaf was drafted #2 overall...behind the elder Manning bro. How in the world could the NFL scouts deem him the #2 pick? Same with Rick Mirer. He sucked too, big time, as the #2 overall pick in the draft.

Yet we have Tom Brady, picked in the 6th round, the 199th pick for fuk sake. It has never ceased to amaze me at how bad NFL scouts are at predicting the productivity at the QB position.

How 'bout Cassel, who completed a whopping 19 passes in his whole college career holding the clipboard for Palmer and Leinart? He was the 230th pick in that years draft but has a starting job in the NFL, while the guy he held the clipboard for, Leinart (#10 pick in the draft, Heisman trophy and NC winner like Cam), was a 3rd stringer at Houston last year and took ZERO snaps!

Pretty sure if the NFL experts can't figure out who will succeed and who will suck at QB in the NFL that we can't either....that's why I wanted your predictions.

Ike
Posted by: The Catcherman

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 02:30 AM

Hard to predict character, heart, and the inner desire to be successful.

Rick Mirer...there is a name I didn't need to be reminded of.
Posted by: fshwithnoeyes

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 09:46 AM

I think he'll go late 1st round to a team that already has a QB. He'll have a mentor for a few years, play some wildcat, see what happens. Possible hawk. He's just so inaccurate, have to see if he can improve that.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
He has shown very little improvement in the 5 years at U.W with a completion percentage of 53% and no down field instincts.

Thats exactly my point. He really wasn't any better as a senior than he was as a freshman. I laugh at all the Locker nuthuggers that blame his completion percentage on dropped balls by his receivers.

The problem is his lack of touch and accuracy. I can't tell you how many times last season I watched him fire a 5yd pass at a receiver,that had enough gas on it to be completed 50yds down the field. Or the 10 yd passes that went 3 yds over a receivers head.

Nobody can deny the dude has crazy skills. I don't see how, after little improvement in 5 yrs at a major college,that he will spend two years sitting on the bench and all of a suddn be a quality NFL QB.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Ikissmykiss

Ahhh...well I guess that is the point of my topic. Leaf was drafted #2 overall...behind the elder Manning bro. How in the world could the NFL scouts deem him the #2 pick? Same with Rick Mirer. He sucked too, big time, as the #2 overall pick in the draft.

Yet we have Tom Brady, picked in the 6th round, the 199th pick for fuk sake. It has never ceased to amaze me at how bad NFL scouts are at predicting the productivity at the QB position.

How 'bout Cassel, who completed a whopping 19 passes in his whole college career holding the clipboard for Palmer and Leinart? He was the 230th pick in that years draft but has a starting job in the NFL, while the guy he held the clipboard for, Leinart (#10 pick in the draft, Heisman trophy and NC winner like Cam), was a 3rd stringer at Houston last year and took ZERO snaps!

Pretty sure if the NFL experts can't figure out who will succeed and who will suck at QB in the NFL that we can't either....that's why I wanted your predictions.

Ike

The bust rate for QB'S picked high in any draft has always been around 50% there is no exact science.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 11:37 AM

Having Willingham as his coach his first three years certainly didn't help him in his development as a QB.
I'd like to see where he'd be now if he had Sark as his coach for his entire UW career.
I also believe having Locker as QB taught Sark a few lessons that will make him a better coach in the future.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 12:39 PM

Mid second rounder,he will do fine like said above,if he has a good mentor and a couple years to get there.Good luck,
SZ

He needs to get out of this state for awhile,so no on the "HAWK'S" going after him.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 12:40 PM

Some GM or coach will probably fall in love with him and he'll go mid first round. Sort of like Tebow last year.

Career wise I think he'll be a .500 backup which is just about the best way to earn a living there is smile I'd be very surprised if he where ever a Pro Bowler.

As a GM though I would NOT draft him. I've just seen him unconcious on the turff too many times. I got a feeling that the NFL is a little bit more concerned about them then UW was.

Heard the other day that the Angels expect Jake to show up for work if there's a lockout. Could be interesting if there is a long NFL lockout. One things for sure there is a ton of more money in baseball!

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 04:00 PM

His fastball has some hair on it....dayum.

The Shutdown 40: #24 - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
By Doug Farrar
With the 2010 NFL season in the books, it's time to turn our eyes to the NFL draft, and the pre-draft evaluation process. Before the 2011 scouting combine begins on February 24, we'll be taking a closer look at the 40 draft-eligible players who may be the biggest difference-makers when all is said and done.

We continue our series with Washington quarterback Jake Locker. Thought to be a potential top-three pick had he come out for the draft after his junior season of 2009, Locker stayed with the Huskies for his senior to make two goals come true - engineer a winning season, and be part of a team that won a bowl game. Just two year after the Huskies put up an 0-12 season under Tyrone Willingham, there was a 7-6 turnaround with Steve Sarkisian and a victory over heavily favored Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.

In Year 2 of Sarkisian's pro-style offense, Locker learned in college what he would have learned in a much tougher fashion had he come out after the 2009 season - doing more than one-read-and-run at any level is a tough go when you don't have a fully-developed array of skills. In his 39-game Washington career, Locker completed 619 passes in 1148 attempts for 7,639 yards, 53 touchdowns, and 35 interceptions. He also ran for 1,939 yards and 29 touchdowns on 441 attempts.

Pros: From the snap to the throw, Locker's mechanics are as well-developed as those of any quarterback in this draft class. Drops back quickly and smoothly in three- five- and seven-step drops and transitions well to get the right leverage for the throw. Has an array of playfakes, and uses play action well, Compact delivery gives him the timing advantage. Absolutely has the arm to make any throw - Locker was drafted twice by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim as a pitcher whose fastball has been clocked at 95 mph, and signed a deal in 2009 that let him continue to play football.

Supremely gifted as a runner in a Steve Young sense - not only can he get outside to make the sprint option throw; he's also a legitimate threat to break tackles downfield and make considerable gains. Far more accurate and comfortable on the run as a passer. High-character player who is very coachable, though the results don't always reflect it.

Cons: Wildly inconsistent as a passer, Locker can go from truly magnificent to hide-your-eyes awful and back again in the same game - sometimes, in the same series. Was asked to carry the load as a pseudo-spread quarterback under Tyrone Willingham, showed promise under Steve Sarkisian in their first year together, but regressed in a lot of areas in 2010, which could indicate that he still has major gaps in the understanding of more complex offenses.

Locker telegraphs his reads far too often and will lock on to his first read far too easily. While he has decent functional mobility in the pocket, he's still learning the finer points of being a pocket passer - he tends to get jumpy when he can't bail out and his decision-making reflects that, as does his accuracy. Showed the same kinds of inconsistencies at the Senior Bowl that he did throughout his Washington career.

Conclusion: The McNabb comparison is a point of reference for estimated NFL completion percentage (McNabb's was 49.1% in 1999), but Locker is as tough to place with a current NFL player as any in this draft. The chasm between his raw physical tools and inconsistency as a passer leaves him as a project quarterback well worth the risk, but with mechanical danger signs all over the place. Not a guy you're going to want to see as an NFL starter right away, Locker will have to sit and learn at the NFL level - and that process may be lengthened if he's drafted by a team with a precision passing offense. He might be better off with an offensive coordinator who prefers a vertical attack.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/17/11 07:15 PM

Translating play in college to success in the NFL is a tricky deal. A lot of the best NFL quarterbacks are guys you never heard anything about while they were in college, and it seems like a lot of the top picks become busts.

I agree with those who think he will be a good NFL QB if he becomes a more accurate passer (seems like a safe statement to apply to any QB prospect). I would take that a step further and say that he could be one of the best ever if he became a more accurate passer. Somebody should take a chance on him. If it pays off, it will be the gamble of the century. If not, it will just be one more QB prospect proving to be a bust.

He sure looked good the last few games of last season. Maybe he was starting to turn the corner?
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/18/11 11:41 AM

Jake Locker = Matt Jones - cocaine

Jake will probably play slot receiver or special teams in the NFL. Could play as a safety. Could play QB in the CFL which wouldn't be all bad because it sure helped Warren Moon who eventually ended up in the NFL.
Posted by: bota2

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/18/11 12:36 PM

I believe his career will be like Tuioposopo(sp?), a backup QB who will get some playing time but won't produce enough to get him a starting job. Although, I believe he is more of a QB than Tui.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/18/11 08:36 PM

Wide receiver? Safety? Special Teams? laugh

I don't think Jake is any more of a "project" than Tebow is/was, or Cam Newton for that matter. I'm not sure I saw Cam drop back from under center one time this year...all of his pass plays were from the shotgun. Right now he is even less ready for the NFL than Jake, IMO.

Summerrun, Todd, and a couple others pretty much echo my thoughts on his potential. He will shine at the combine and wind up being a middle to late first round or second round pick. Given the proper time and coaching, I think he has the potential to be an average to good NFL QB.

General consensus was that he was probably the #1 pick last year, right? So he comes back for his senior year, leads UW to their first winning season and bowl victory in a coon's age...and gets downgraded for it? His play was neither better nor worse than that of his Junior season.....I just don't get it.

The only really knock I see on Jake is his accuracy. But crap, how in the world can you expect him to be accurate when he was constantly running for his life during his four years at UW?

Ike

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/27/11 01:18 PM

4.52 second 40 yard dash, not too bad.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/27/11 01:59 PM

Not bad for a longstrided runner. Here is a little tidbit:

Overall, I thought Washington QB Jake Locker threw the best of any quarterback in group one. He showcased good touch down the field, had a strong arm and spinned the football cleanly on all levels of the field. The only time he was a bit inconsistent with his accuracy was on the dig route where he not only had to take his five step drop from under center, but also get the ball out on time. Again, it seems like anytime Locker is asked to process any info into a route his accuracy runs cold.
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/27/11 08:07 PM

Congrats to Jake for coming through in the combines.

Now go & represent the PAC 10 proudly.

Mf

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 12:58 PM

Wow...no problems with accuracy either.

From the Bleacher Report:

"Jake Locker needed to have a great workout at the combine, and he came through. Locker ran a 4.59 40-yard-dash, had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot broad jump. Locker also led all quarterbacks in the three-cone drill with a time of 6.77.

While he impressed with the drills, the area he had to do the best in was throwing the ball. There have been questions surrounding Locker, and he put them rest with a great throwing session this past weekend.

Locker made all the throws and showcased his accuracy, which was of concern to some. Locker quieted his doubters this weekend, and if he shows this wasn't a fluke and wows scouts on his pro day, he could move back into the first round on draft boards.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 01:05 PM

Is it just me, or is it starting to look more likely that Jake could end up in a Seahawk uniform?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 02:48 PM

Is it just me, or is it starting to look more likely that Jake could end up in a Seahawk uniform?

Fish on...

Todd

I hope not.
Posted by: docspud

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 03:45 PM

Tom Brady could not play behind our line. Makes little difference until something changes up front.

I have mixed feelings on Jake becoming our future. He seems to know how to choke though he does play with passion. Tough call.
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 07:21 PM

Interesting stats for sure! I thought his 40 yd dash times while at UW was in the high 4.3's?? For pete's sake I ran that exact 40 time as a senior in high school. I also had the same verticle jump....just sayin

Dave
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 08:46 PM

You must have misread my post. Where did I say I ran a 4.3? I did however run a 4.59. Your right Chuck 4.3 is stellar. Unfortunately I ran my 4.59 time 20+ yrs ago.

That being said I'm a huge Locker fan. I'm just really surprised at his time. If I'm not mistaken, Jake was running 40 times at UW in the 4.3 range. Just seems funny he's gotten slower instead of faster??

BTW Chuck... you still want the backer rod?

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 09:09 PM

He ran 4.3's at UW because UW coaches were keeping the time.

smile

The NFL de-liars lots of claimed 40 times. But 4.59 is still pretty speedy for a QB.
Posted by: eddie

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 10:55 PM

I still believe he should play baseball.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 02/28/11 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie
I still believe he should play baseball.

Why? Just because you could make as much or more money, play 15+ years instead of 7 or 8, and keep your skull intact? Where's the fun or adventure in that?

Couple more combine tidbits that I found interesting...For QB's Locker's 40 time was identical to Cam's. Ty Taylor from VT was the fastest at 4.51, followed by Kaepernick (my sleeper QB) at 4.53.

The speed of the big DL's blows me away...Moch had a 4.44! Fastest LB was Martez Wilson at 4.49....Mason Foster had a 4.75.

Fastest 40 so far I think has been Da'rel Scott, a barnburner WR, at 4.34...so like Dan S. said I doubt Jake has ever run a true 4.3, maybe in Husky stadiuim with a 30 mph tailwind.

Funniest thing? This dufus OL (Moffitt) from Wisconsin got caught on tape picking his nose AND eating it. Does that lower your draft stock?

Ike

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/01/11 12:16 AM

He ate two of them....ewwwwww. rofl

http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle-seah...l-combine-video
Posted by: biffm84

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/01/11 12:48 PM

Been a lurker here for a while and figured I might as well chime in about his 40 time. I think you see the differences in times because they are running on field turf in cleats. I know that at the UW they are tested on the indoor track with the same laser system and can wear track shoes. The combine is notorious for slower times with the soft surface and pressure to perform.

With that being said I always thought the 40 time was bogus. Once in the league they are never tested on it again. Plus, I have watched guys that run high 4.8's out run guys that run 4.3's during a game. Some guys just have the feel. Tuiasosopo was a prime example when he played for the Dawgs.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/02/11 02:40 PM

Locker needs out of this town to succeed,hopefully it happens.If the "Hawks" drafted him it would put to much pressure on the home town boy and he most likely would flop.Good luck,
SZ

Like mentioned above,Brady would flop with our stitched together OL.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/02/11 03:13 PM

one draft has Locker going 10th to Washington.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 08:53 PM

Jake, 8th overall pick to Tennessee.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 09:06 PM

I'm reallllllllllllllllly glad he's off the board now! BP just dropped 50 points. rofl
Posted by: summerrun

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 09:33 PM

I think 8 is about the same as his Wonderlic score...purty high for a 54% passer.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 09:42 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_rogue_scout_enjoys_label_042511

Read it.

I think you underestimate Locker's abilities.

We'll see soon enough.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 09:52 PM

I hope I'm wrong and he ends up in the HOF one day! thumbs

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 09:57 PM

Yeah, me too.

He's a good kid, with a good attitude, and is a good example for young kids.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/28/11 10:02 PM

He also likes to Hunt and fish. beer
Posted by: Castingpearls

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/29/11 12:47 PM

Time to brush up on his clipboard skills.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/29/11 01:14 PM

NFL network are saying the top reaches that shocked people....

Aldon Smith at 7 49ers.

Jake Locker at 8 titans.

But the most shocking is Chris Ponder at 12.

No mention of us, we got a good player but reached alittle bit... most mocks had him going between 35 to 45, no mocks Ive seen had him making to 57, so no he wouldn't have made it to our pick

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/29/11 01:53 PM

Locker going in the top 10 is terrible for his career. He just had a ton of pressure and expectations dumped in his lap.

He'd of been much better off going later in the draft.
Posted by: biffm84

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/29/11 03:11 PM

I was watching the show The Brady 6 on ESPN and they were all talking about why he was taken so late in the draft and wondering. how did all of the scouts miss out on him? Said he was too slow, had a weak arm etc. Then they asked his Dad about it. His Dad said something that I thought could very easily apply to Locker. No scout or team can measure a mans heart. Tom wasn't going to be denied. It seems to me, Jake carries himself in the same manner. Is it going to be hard on him with all the pressure right out of the gate????? You can bet your ass it will be. But I'm not sure I would be betting against that kid not to make it happen.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/29/11 04:17 PM

+1
Posted by: DBAppraiser

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/30/11 12:38 AM

Mock drafts......heavy on the mock part.

I loved the clip of Gruden, Chris Berman and Kiper that was played on the
radio today. Kiper starts prattling on about Locker's low 3rd down completion percentage and Gruden tells him that that is about the dumbest thing he has ever heard. Gruden: Locker won't be throwing to UW receivers on 3rd down anymore.

I wish someone would round up these mock drafts and calculate the percentage of correctness. I would bet it doesn't even hit 50% after the
first pick.

As for the Hawks: The OL is rapidly changing and if the season ever starts the run game could get real interesting.

Okume (TBD) Unger Moffitt Carpenter

Lots of young beef right there.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/30/11 12:53 AM

Another Dawg got drafted tonight.
Mason Foster went in the 3rd round to the Tampa Bay Bucs.
I always liked his game and I'm happy to see him get his shot.

As far as Locker goes, I think getting out of Seattle will be a big help to him career wise. Time to turn the page and start a new chapter.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 04/30/11 04:25 PM

You should watch the Gruden Football Camp show on ESPN with Locker.

Gruden is funny as hell, and I think he's pretty certain that Locker can have a solid career in the NFL.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 05/01/11 03:36 AM

I wish Locker nothing but luck. Put that UW education to work.

Lokcer scores low on wonderlick
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 05/01/11 03:55 AM

Congrats to Locker. From the Cougar nation & Wa. State thanks for the memories. smile

Too bad you never wore C&G.... wink

Mf

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/10/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SundayMoney

Done in four

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/10/15 02:19 PM

It was pretty obvious,except for DanS and Tenn.

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/10/15 03:10 PM

I think Tennessee drafting him so early set the stage for his short NFL career...pressure to perform right away (no extended mentorship) on a crappy team, and it turns out that the small concerns about his durability were not as small as people thought.

Thrown to the wolves on a crappy team, and injury prone...in retrospect it's surprising he lasted so long.

It's too bad, Jake is really a good kid...it'll be interesting to see what he does now.

Too late to go throw some baseballs?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/11/15 04:15 PM

SM nailed it. Sucks for a local kid but that's the NFL for ya.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Predictions on Locker? - 03/13/15 05:13 PM

Like most QB's now, they get tossed into the starting role too early and it's sink or swim. He might be back after his body gets back to 100%.