Wall Street Protest

Posted by: ParaLeaks

Wall Street Protest - 10/01/11 09:31 PM

High Caliber (as in degree of mental capacity) Protest
Posted by: SBD

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/01/11 10:37 PM

and don't forget encourage you to invest in the system Wall Sreet provides and then raids when they get short on profits. Of course if you don't like it you could always move to Yemen and become a target.. moose
Posted by: Rooselk

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/01/11 11:45 PM

The righty Fox News Kool Aid drinkers would have us believe that it's only students and misguided young folks out protesting on Wall Street. But the truth is that labor unions and other organizatons have joined in.

I applaud what they are doing. Wish I could be there. It's preferable to be in the streets standing up to these bastards than kissing their ass, as conservatives would have us do.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 12:00 AM

You would fit right in with the rest of those brain deads. wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 12:17 AM

The cops need to hand out job applications instead of tear gas. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
[quote=Rooselk]no surprise that dipshits ... support dipshits.

Congrats?

rofl

Is that the best you can do? Must say I've heard far worse from far better.

And that's the hypocricy of conservatives. When their Teabagger allies acted like brownshirts by disrupting town meetings a couple of years back, they applauded just as Fox News and the right wing talking heads told them to do. But let students and workers do a little protesting against corporate power then the wingnuts suddenly get all indignant and self righteous on us.

I've probably participated in a couple of hundred protests in my time, starting in 1967 when I was freshman in high school. I've actively actively opposed conservatives and conservatism my entire life. I detest right wing ideology and everything it stands for. And, yes,I'm damn proud of it. So thanks for the congrats.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 02:56 AM

cryriver
cryriver
cryriver
Posted by: topwater

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Rooselk

And that's the hypocricy of conservatives. When their Teabagger allies acted like brownshirts by disrupting town meetings a couple of years back, they applauded just as Fox News and the right wing talking heads told them to do. But let students and workers do a little protesting against corporate power then the wingnuts suddenly get all indignant and self righteous on us.

The difference should be obvious. If townhall meetings were disrupted, that's all that was disrupted. No police, no disruption of commerce or the lives of the general populace. Not so with the protests in NY and elsewhere.

of course the tea party wouldn't disrupt commerce... the corporations and billionaires funding the tea party wouldn't allow that.

i for one cannot believe that anyone would be opposed to the protests at the scene of the crime of the financial meltdown.

if only they were building a mosque in the area around wall street... then we'd have some acceptable protests.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 08:58 AM

cryriver Methinks that anyone who would protest "a couple of hundred" times about anything (no doubt "nothing" and "everything" belong as well) should just pack up their sh!t and leave this country......as nothing will ever be "good enough". cryriver

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid

You probably would have said the same thing about slavery protests, womens suffrage, and civil rights protests. Of course yer an idiot, but I digress.....

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights. Indeed, conservatives have contributed absolutely nothing to social progress and have always served as its obstacle.

From its founding the history of our country is the history of the struggles to expand civil and democratic rights to all our citizens. And conservatives have acted as the opposition every step of the way.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 05:15 PM

Posted by: Man of logic

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 06:34 PM

viva la revolution bitches. We are the motherfucking 99%

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 06:59 PM

Is that a "flock" or a "herd"? rofl
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 07:27 PM

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights.

You may want to read up on some of your history about which political party opposed civil rights the most.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Is that a "flock" or a "herd"? rofl

It's a group of Americans that are sick of YOU.
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 07:48 PM

Quote:
You may want to read up on some of your history about which political party opposed civil rights the most.

He didn't say Republicans... he said Conservatives. At the time of the Civil Rights movement, most of the aforementioned bigots and simple-minded human detritus were southern members of the Democratic party known as "Dixiecrats".

Equating all liberals as Democrats and all Republicans as conservatives is a fairly recent phenomenon. Especially considering that 2 of our most famously progressive presidents, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt were members of the Republican party... and two of our most racially bigoted Senators, Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond were both Democrats initially.

Social conservatives ARE the reason we still are where we are in this country... and the quicker we can have them sterilized so they can't breed anymore... the better!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: No Warranty

True. History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights.

At various times in our history there have been progressives and conservatives in either or both of our political parties. For instance you can read about the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican, and you will quickly earn that he faced stiff opposition from conservatives within his own party. At the same time, though, the Republican party was also the home of the Progressive movement. So it can truthfully be said that the liberal/conservative divide did not always break cleanly along clear party lines.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/02/11 09:11 PM

Speaking of human detrius.......seems there are plenty of "double flushers" in our midst. Those gaseous turds are a result of digesting the BS which has been cultivated and with which they've become enamored. Of course the turds are permeated with copious amounts of hot air, so they just don't go down easily. Instead, they just float around and stink up the place. rofl

Aunty.......yours? Very nice! The resemblance is obvious. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 01:01 AM

History shows conservatives have opposed every single movement or legislation that has fought for the recognition or expansion of civil rights. Indeed, conservatives have contributed absolutely nothing to social progress and have always served as its obstacle.

Did you know conservative icon Barry Goldwater was at one time a member of the N.A.A.C.P.? Did you know that while he was on the city council, he actively fought segregation in the Phoenix public schools?

You paint conservatives with a brush that's too broad. There are many who are not the demons you make them out to be.

wink

then make a list.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 02:02 AM

Did you know conservative icon Barry Goldwater was at one time a member of the N.A.A.C.P.? Did you know that while he was on the city council, he actively fought segregation in the Phoenix public schools?

You paint conservatives with a brush that's too broad. There are many who are not the demons you make them out to be.

wink

You might want to check Barry Goldwater's votes on the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts of 1964.

On the other hand it is certainly true that later in life he spoke out openly in favor of gay rights. But today's GOP is no more the party of Goldwater than it is the party of Lincoln or Roosevelt.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 02:19 PM

". . . conservatives have contributed absolutely nothing to social progress and have always served as its obstacle."

Resistant to change is part of the definition of politically conservative. Therefore anything that is progressive is by definition not conservative. The only changes that conservatives support is undoing the progressive changes made in recent decades.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 03:10 PM

Where is it written that all progressive changes are good?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 04:10 PM

Hankster, say what you will but the fact remains that Goldwater voted against the law that abolished Jim Crow and ended legal discrimination.

There used to be a progressive wing of the GOP - the Theodore Roosevelt wing if you will. TR himself, and like Republicans who came after him, are in fact primarily responsible for many of the public lands we enjoy today as well as some of our best environmental laws. But that wing of the party has been under attack by GOP conservatives since the election of Ronald Reagan. As a result the only thing that remains of the old progressive wing is a small remanant with very little influence. Likewise, TR's conservation legacy has been jettisoned as well.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 04:20 PM

There are some things not worthy of being proud for ... most of yours ranks pretty high up there wink

The only thing worse than right wing ideology ... is left wing rofl

Yeah, whatever...

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 04:32 PM

all yer good at is trying to instill shame and fear because actual legitimate cause is non-existent. Keep up the name calling you fuccking propaganda pushing oppressor.
Posted by: Vasiliy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt

Social conservatives ARE the reason we still are where we are in this country... and the quicker we can have them sterilized so they can't breed anymore... the better!

Leave it to the Liberal's to preach about "tolerance" and then make comments such as these
Posted by: Rivrguy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt

Well I think 4 S finally cemented his hold on the idiot of the year award left or right! But then again the Roo is pushing hard to overcome his late start.............. neck & neck at the finish line!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Well I think 4 S finally cemented his hold on the idiot of the year award left or right! But them again the Roo is pushing hard to overcome his late start.............. neck & neck at the finish line!!!!!!!!!

I'd be highly disappointed if I didn't make it to the top of a right wing list. I have, after all, worked hard my entire adult life to actively oppose, anger, and defeat conservative goosesteppers. Indeed, I would consider it a mark of faiure to not be reviled by a movement and ideology for which I have nothing but contempt.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 09:04 PM

The way I figure it... if Rivrdpsht, Flab Slappy and Suc Dic got their panties in a wad over what I posted... I gotta be doin' something right. thumbs
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: JG
Where is it written that all progressive changes are good?

It isn't.

And if your IQ is around 80, that's a good enough reason to oppose all progressive change.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 10:22 PM

AuntyM, you need to remember that for these righties the market is a religion. It matters not that that history exposes the folly and failures of unregulated markets. Like their marxist cousins they continue to believe despite all evidence to the contrary.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/03/11 10:52 PM

Oh yeah, see that Hanky, R / KK / 4 / D all pop up on cue ..... should be like shooting the moving ducks at the fair for ya!

Patron, movie, and a good friend so gonna prop my feet up and enjoy. You children may continue on with your mindless mayhem though, you are amusing! grin

Hey AM I think the old guy could use my plan, what ya think kid?
Posted by: Keta

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 02:36 PM

Agree with it or not , at least people should know what the motivation for these protes are.

http://ampedstatus.org/exclusive-analysi...trillion/#rules
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 02:49 PM

I haven't followed this deal very much.

As I drove the 545 past Westlake Center this morning, I saw some of these goofballs parading around. It might help there cause if thier signs were legegible at least. And from the one sign I could almost make, it seems thier message is unintelligible.

Is there cliff notes? WTF is their problem? Are theset he same goofballs that started the WTO riot? If so, gas them now.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 02:55 PM

A stalk of broccoli is smarter than these marble heads. banana

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 03:28 PM

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Talk about entitlement mentality. eek2
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 05:39 PM

"RantyM, do you think I'd be living where I am if I was offended by gays?"

It's because you are a closet liberal.
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
I rant?

If that's true, then you're a raving lunatic Hank. You've accumulated half the posts I have and it only took you 4 years and nine months, which means you actually post more than I do, even though you aren't involved with our fisheries and rarely post on the main board.

Most of your worthless drivel is posted on the dark side and the little monkeys who tend to side with you couldn't put together a coherent and accurate response between the lot of them.

evil

Zinggggggggggggggggg

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 06:27 PM

RantyM, do you think I'd be living where I am if I was offended by gays?

Good point. Hard to argue with you on that one.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 06:50 PM

Based on the number of posts and the quality of posters on this issue, I'm assuming it must now be the rage-of-the-day and being covered on right-wing talk radio and FOX.

BTW Hank, I'm not even sure that is a list of "their" demands?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 07:04 PM

I see a couple of those demands as producing a lot better national outcomes than Obamacare and TARP bailout. Why that bailout money wasn't used like the old CCC on infrastructure I may never understand. Woulda' made for a lot of middle class jobs.

Now I presume that the purpose of a few of those demands is to make the others appear reasonable. Simple typical negotiating strategy.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 08:20 PM

Why all the hating on Hank? crazy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 08:38 PM

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot".

I can't find any of the GOP candidates that isn't a complete idiot, which one were you referring to?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/04/11 09:05 PM

I think Romney will get the nomination, I have yet to endorse anyone yet. wink
Posted by: McMahon

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 10:05 AM

Hilarious to hear these libtarded morons along wiht the useless aclu this morning talking about thier "movement" and how they are now encouraging college students to walk out of class today at 2pm ... to show their "solidarity" rofl

Good luck with that ...

It's better to see than a bunch of teabaggers with downs syndrome parading around like they know something about government policy. None of the racist teafuks you support have the mental capacity to understand why they're protesting, but they'll happily prance around with tea bags hanging from their hats as if it's some sort of subservient show of affection for their corporate masters. As long as it's in the name of capitalism and "freedom" the wealthiest 1% can do as they please and Billy "Wife Beater" Cletus living out of his 1966 44 foot single-wide will support them to the end.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: McMahon
Hilarious to hear these libtarded morons along wiht the useless aclu this morning talking about thier "movement" and how they are now encouraging college students to walk out of class today at 2pm ... to show their "solidarity" rofl

Good luck with that ...

It's better to see than a bunch of teabaggers with downs syndrome parading around like they know something about government policy. None of the racist teafuks you support have the mental capacity to understand why they're protesting, but they'll happily prance around with tea bags hanging from their hats as if it's some sort of subservient show of affection for their corporate masters. As long as it's in the name of capitalism and "freedom" the wealthiest 1% can do as they please and Billy "Wife Beater" Cletus living out of his 1966 44 foot single-wide will support them to the end.

You seem to grasp the power of propaganda in America.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

BTW Hank, I'm not even sure that is a list of "their" demands?

Don't take my word for it (as if you would), you can see them here.

Even though you don't have far to go, you're slipping, Hank. You do realize that is just an internet forum you linked to correct? That is like you saying, "Look at what the fishermen want on the Columbia", and then pointing me to a post on PP by boater.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: APKD
That is like you saying, "Look at what the fishermen want on the Columbia", and then pointing me to a post on PP by boater.

Hank just got owned.

rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 02:17 PM

I was going to ask if anyone noticed the similarity of some of these dumbtards to their Teabagger counterparts, but McMahon beat me to it.

And good work by APKD, Hankster did in fact get owned.

Sg

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 10:08 PM

Nice of these folks to occupy Westlake Park and interfere with the lives of 100's if not 1000's of people.

I think I was wrong about gassing them. I might just happen to be driving by. I believe they have the right to protest, just stay out of the way. Step off the sidewalk and they should be tasered. That won't get in my eyes like the gas.

This afternoon, they had the bus stop shut down between Pike and Pine. I wonder how many people didn't figure out that we(METRO) were stopping far side of Pine and missed thier bus. I know there are many handicapped folks who board at that stop, they certainly can't "run" a block to catch thier bus. Thanks you socialist/anarchist punks. I hope you enjoy prison "sex".

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/05/11 10:36 PM

The mob is hitting Portland tomorrow.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 08:14 AM

Just the Lib's version of tea party stuff, just the other side the coin. Now imagine if they came together and joined forces, maybe reproduce .............. lord now that is a thought! eek2

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 09:44 AM

Don't blame the protestors, blame the capitalists. It's our turn to get in the way. 99% bitches.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 11:22 AM

Why do they hate Jesus?

smile

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 11:54 AM

Up the revolution!

Hadn't said that yet this week. Needs better music tho. How can you have a revolution with Hip Hop and Rap?
Posted by: MartyMoose

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 12:56 PM

I can have a HUGE headache with Rap. wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 09:31 PM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 10:20 PM

Jgrizzle,

Yes! Looks like a great idea. In the interest of transparency in government, we might as well see right up front who owns which representatives.

Sg

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/06/11 10:38 PM

smile It would reveal some surprises, for sure!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 12:07 PM

Just the Lib's version of tea party stuff, just the other side the coin. Now imagine if they came together and joined forces, maybe reproduce .............. lord now that is a thought! eek2

Glad to hear you're content with the status quo. thumbs

But isn't it always so with armchair critics who have no solutions of their own to offer?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 12:18 PM

The King County Labor Council will be joining the protests at Westlake:

Story Link

I also read that the President of the AFL-CIO, Richard Trumka, will be joining the protests in New York.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 12:31 PM

Maybe it's working, the news listed a bunch of companys that are investing in new plants here in the (Good Ole USA).

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 12:57 PM

An open letter to the media:

you're still not getting it.
your reporters are lazy.

traditionally, protests have been the culmination of a movement organized by a heirarchy of leaders who determined demands and then held public protests to promote those demands.

old way:
injustice-->organization-->demands-->protest.

but we aren't a traditional protest.

our way, the protest comes first and serves as its own organizational tool.
the protestors determine their own demands.
messy, but much more democratic, yes?

the problem with the old way is the protest ends, the protestors go home, and the demands are ignored. repeat.

but our protest never ends.
that is why we call it an occupation.

new way:
injustice-->occupation-->self organization-->revolution

what you reported as disorganized and rudderless
was actually in the process of self-organizing.
you were too blind to see it.
you were looking for an end at the beginning.

in just 3 weeks we've grown to over 60 cities.
we are ever 10000 strong today in new york alone.

we are occupying.
we are organizing.
we are growing.
we are not going to stop until our demands are met.
it is we who are too big to fail.

We are the People.

We hold this Truth to be self-evident:
A government which represents only the interests of banks, media conglomerates, corporations and the richest #1 is no longer democracy. It is oligarchy.

A new form of democracy has come to rescue the old:
a democracy by, for, and of the People again.

------------

This is our media:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-5-2011/parks-and-demonstration

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 03:14 PM

i hear the SEIU is sending a bunch of members to boost up the protest in Seattle.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 03:21 PM

The CIO wasn't built by having a protest and then going home. Rather, it was built by such actions as workers engaging in a general strike in San Francisco; major protests and strikes by Teamsters in Minneapolis in 1934; and auto workers occupying plants in Flint, Michigan in 1936. These and countless similar actions built the labor movement of the 1930's, which in turn resulted in the creation of the largest middle class in world history.

Some of the demands of the protesters may seem a bit silly but that is true of all significant social movements at the start. For that reason I refuse to disavow this movement simply because they put forward something I may not entirely agree with. Instead I embrace the movement and support it. They are not perfect, but they are on the right track.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: MartyMoose
i hear the SEIU is sending a bunch of members to boost up the protest in Seattle.

The Washington State Labor Council and the King County Labor Council have called on its member unions to join the protests.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 03:35 PM

Hank's blood pressure must be rising.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 04:04 PM

The Washington State Labor Council and the King County Labor Council have called on its member unions to join the protests.

rofl

Laughable at best ...

Yeah, a real hoot. Then again I have participated in past demonstrations called and organized by the WSLC and KCLC that turned out tens of thousands of people.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 04:42 PM

This libtarded social bonding isnt going to gain anyone a damn thing ... other than a few of those unemployed morons a ticket to pay in the near future wink

Perhaps. But it will at least accomplish a lot more than the efforts of your Teabagger friends to drag us back to the 19th Century. Besides, if when all is said and done if these demonstrations only manage to embarass the Wall Street barons that your side worship, serve, and drool over, it will have been worth the effort. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 06:25 PM

Quote:
However just 20% of Americans believe that more government regulation will do the trick while 60% believe that free market competition would do more to help the middle class.

The rest of Americans that believe in the free market, are just uneducated consumers. Discovering the role that our American consumerism has on the rest of the world, ecologically and culturally, has some mighty implications that few would willingly and readily swallow. Cheap gas and cheap groceries are addicting when you're tight on money.

Americans constitute 5% of the world's population but consume 24% of the world's energy. On average, one American consumes as much energy as, 2 Japanese, 6 Mexicans, 13 Chinese, 31 Indians, 128 Bangladeshis, 307 Tanzanians, 370 Ethiopians. Americans eat 815 billion calories of food each day - that's roughly 200 billion more than needed - enough to feed 80 million people. 250 million people have died of hunger-related causes in the past quarter-century — roughly 10 million each year. It would take the resources of 5 planet earths support humanity, if every person consumed as much as an American. There's a reason other nations are sending goods for protestors on Wall street; they hate our corporations.

This protest isn't just aimed at the corporations and government, it's aimed to influence the rest of the Americans too. We the people mofo.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 06:54 PM

This libtarded social bonding isnt going to gain anyone a damn thing ... other than a few of those unemployed morons a ticket to pay in the near future wink

Reportedly 4K protested in "Little Beirut" with zero arrests.
If this movement gets money out of politics then sigh me the fucx up.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 06:58 PM

At least they aren't "flash-mobbing". wink

I agree for the most part on what they are protesting about. I'm not certain on how realistic their demands are, or their chances of making any changes, but the items they are complaining about pretty much echo my feelings, especially as it relates to corporate politics, for lack of a better phrase.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish

I agree for the most part on what they are protesting about. I'm not certain on how realistic their demands are, or their chances of making any changes, but the items they are complaining about pretty much echo my feelings, especially as it relates to corporate politics, for lack of a better phrase.

I couldn't agree more.

The degree of public opposition to them is odd to me. After much of the media intentionally ignored them for days on end, there is now an intentional effort to dismiss them as jobless whiners. The sure seem to have struck a chord on both sides.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 09:01 PM

That toppling and bringing Titans to their knees stuff sounds like loads of fun, but truth be told I settle for some regulatory control to hold said Titans and corporations accountable.

Which of course is anathema to conservatives who prefer to worship the invisible hand of the moneychangers.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 09:50 PM

Even if some of of those people are unemployed, is it their fault? (Even though I doubt very many of them are actually unemployed).

I disagree about this movement not gaining anything. I think it's going to make a bigger impact than you think if it doesn't lose momentum.

The teabag movement, on the other hand, didn't gain anything. All that movement did was alienate moderate Republicans and make the Republican party look like it's being run by racist ruhtards. Naturally, I doubt you're intelligent to have realized this by now.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 09:54 PM

They won't get Wall Street itself to change but they seem to be having an impact on the companys that are traded. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/07/11 10:00 PM

"There’s something happening here. What it is ain’t exactly clear, but we may, at long last, be seeing the rise of a popular movement that, unlike the Tea Party, is angry at the right people."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/07/opinion/krugman-confronting-the-malefactors.html?_r=4&hp

It's just beginning.

http://paper.li/occupymanhattan/1317517749

For updates:

http://paper.li/occupymanhattan/1317517749

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:25 AM

It does sound like they are having an impact on business. Some restaurants around Westlake might as well close as people(shoppers) avoid Westlake.

I saw a woman with a baby standing on the curb on 4th protesting. Protesting what? IDK . Perhaps she was protesting the forclosure on the loan she could never hope to pay.

I know one of the demands is "Free Health Care" . How insane is that? Do you think your Doctor is going to work for free? Someone is going to pay. Sounds like Socialism to me. Cash, Grass or Ass, nobody rides for free.

Tear down the 1%. Great idea. They are the ones who employ 92% of who have jobs.

20,000 to 40,000 expected tomorrow. How long until they start attacking business's and damaging property? Remember WTO. Look at these people. "Marx was Right" "Communist Party" Soon we will see the masked anarchists. I can almost smell the gas now. Soon this BS will be over. And unlike the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq they will have accomplished nothing.

I yield the soap box. 2cents

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:37 AM

Aunty has a job Chuck, she is a professional poster with 10's of thousands of post's on mutiple boards. wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 01:52 AM

I'll give it a week before the protestors get blamed for the continuing recession.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:03 PM

I was already heading to Seattle today to attend this evening's Sounders soccer game at CenturyLink Field. But I decided to leave early in order to attend the festivities at Westlake. It's going to be a long day. I just hope I can fit a burger from Dick's Drive-In into my schedule somewhere. After all, a good burger always hits the spot after a day spent enjoying a soccer match and fighting corporate greed. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:05 PM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:17 PM

Gutz, leave it to a righty to hold up militarism and an unnecessary war in Iraq as an accomplishment. Thank you for raising the banner of the Teabagger stereotype. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:44 PM

I think employers are missing the boat here. If I was interested in hiring, I'd go ask some of the malcontents, "What's the minimum you would take to go to work right now?" Those who are not self-dilusioned and truly in need will jump at the opportunity to bring home a paycheck......the others.....well, they are there just for the social event, and attention. Most have no clue how they screwed up. They accuse the employers of greed, yet fail to see their own. Lovely.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 12:58 PM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 01:54 PM

After all, a good burger always hits the spot after a day spent enjoying a soccer match and fighting corporate greed. thumbs

And what better way to fight corporate greed than to go to a corporate-named stadium to watch corporate-owned teams play with a corporate-owned burger thrown into the mix.

Presumably, you'll also be driving there in a vehicle produced by a corporation.

smile

Zzzzinnnngggggg ....... rofl

Rooselk - At least you libtards provide a good laugh, even if it is your best ....

+ 1 lol

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 02:57 PM

Explain this pet monkey thing you keep repeating, I didn't get the memo. moose

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 03:23 PM

for all you ignorant fcks that only watch the news, this is a global movement. The days are numbered to the end of global capitalism.

@hankypanky

we will feed them with the spoons they have given us.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 03:36 PM

Classic. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jgrizzle
for all you ignorant fcks that only watch the news, this is a bowel movement. The days are numbered to the end of capitalism.

@hankypanky

Fixed for ya. :>)

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 03:41 PM

The countdown has begun:

http://www.globalrevolution.es/

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 04:13 PM

for all you ignorant fcks that only watch the news, this is a global movement. The days are numbered to the end of global capitalism.

@hankypanky

That's downright funny! rofl

It's going to take more than a few thousand Douchebags with signs to bring down Capitalism. Just in case though, I think I will head down to Outdoor Emporium for some more ammo and Freeze Dried food. (Although my dialysis supplies would only hold out for about a month, I don't suppose I need to plan much further than that)

PS. I am not a great fan of the Tea Party nor am I a member of any political party. I am somewhat conservative, but I am not a Christian nutcase.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: GutZ

@hankypanky

That's downright funny! rofl

It's going to take more than a few thousand Douchebags with signs to bring down Capitalism. Just in case though, I think I will head down to Outdoor Emporium for some more ammo and Freeze Dried food. (Although my dialysis supplies would only hold out for about a month, I don't suppose I need to plan much further than that)

PS. I am not a great fan of the Tea Party nor am I a member of any political party. I am somewhat conservative, but I am not a Christian nutcase.

I have developed the skills to comfortably live off Washingtons lush resources with no need for agriculture or preserving goods.

We'll see who laughs last.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 06:47 PM

I'm still waiting for Ranty to tell me what a pet Monkey is, she must be job hunting. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 06:47 PM

Phase One:

Connect the people through our technology. Create a new and youthful force that is founded globally.

Phase Two:

Police the corporations, force them to help restore our natural eco-systems so that they are productive again.

Phase Three:

Restore ancient cultural values that have been eliminated through western expansion. Give the people the tools to sustain life with no need for capitalism.

Phase Four:

Total anarchy. We the people rise as one and destroy the corporations. We halt global consumerism in a matter of hours.

Phase Five:

We watch the rich starve, attack, shoot, and scream while clawing at the walls of their self-induced bucket of greed and filth.

Phase Six:

Implement a genuine global democracy.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 06:50 PM

Phase One:

Connect the people through our technology. Create a new and youthful force that is founded globally.

Phase Two:

Police the corporations, force them to help restore our natural eco-systems so that they are productive again.

Phase Three:

Restore ancient cultural values that have been eliminated through western expansion. Give the people the tools to sustain life with no need for capitalism.

Phase Four:

Total anarchy. We the people rise as one and destroy the corporations. We halt global consumerism in a matter of hours.

Phase Five:

We watch the rich starve, attack, shoot, and scream while clawing at the walls of their self-induced bucket of greed and filth.

Phase Six:

Implement a genuine global democracy.

This puts you in the lead for KOTY (Kook of the year)

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:01 PM

It works best if we catch you off guard thumbs

Just thought I'd give you gentlemen a heads up.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:03 PM

Take care of that fine Dog you have. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:10 PM

wtf, are you about to get serious?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:14 PM

You still got that cute little dog?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:23 PM

yes

be careful what you say next.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:40 PM

Mine says woof!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:49 PM

dude. I set you up for a fantastic troll and you blew it.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:49 PM

We will see how much the "movement" means to them when the weather turns bad. I think that 45 degrees with a heavy rain and 25 mph wind will thin the ranks.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:55 PM

dude. I set you up for a fantastic troll and you blew it.

I'm trying to be nice....

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
We will see how much the "movement" means to them when the weather turns bad. I think that 45 degrees with a heavy rain and 25 mph wind will thin the ranks.

Bad weather is really good crowd control.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 08:20 PM

What do we want?

We don't know!

When do we want it?

NOW!! rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 08:22 PM

Yeah, they will probably head back to Mom's house for Bong Hits and Cocoa.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 08:36 PM

[quote=Jgrizzle I have developed the skills to comfortably live off Washingtons lush resources with no need for agriculture or preserving goods. [/quote]

Preserving goods is a rather fun thing to do. I have been canning tomato sauce from the tomato's in my back yard. And this week I put up some Chantrelles. Not nearly enough, but a few pints. I sure hope to put up some more.

And again, if the feces hits the fan, I am done for anyhow.

I think Campings end of the World has a better chance (0%) of success than your "Revolution".

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/08/11 09:23 PM

[quote=Jgrizzle I have developed the skills to comfortably live off Washingtons lush resources with no need for agriculture or preserving goods.

"I think Campings end of the World has a better chance (0%) of success than your "Revolution".

Seems to me that's what they said about the protest against the Vietnam War.
Ah the smell of tear gas in the air, brings back fond memories of leading a anti war march in downtown "Little Beirut", they didn't have the balls to let the dogs go on the OSU Vietnam Vet's Club.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 11:31 AM

"Can't wait" banana

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 11:41 AM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 12:35 PM

Bravo! Bravo!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 12:53 PM

thumbs Unfortunately we are past the point of no return, very sad. mad

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 01:38 PM

The lights are still on! The revolution seems to have not taken hold yet.

Nice pics Chuck

Looks just like any other homeless camp. I wonder how many of those guys have ever had a job. I wonder how many will be out looking on Monday.

I hope they keep 4th and Pine clear. I have to drive through there at least once a day. I know there is something planned for 5pm tommorow.

How was Blue Man Group? Was thinking about going. Looked at tickets online and balked at the $14 in fees for a $40 ticket. WTF? If I go I will head on down to the box office and get my tickets.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 01:47 PM

Can you describe the smell of the stench? rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 01:50 PM

"Re-Defeat the British Empire and their Wall Street lackeys"

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Don't even bother trying to make sense out of that......guy's hat must be too tight..... rolleyes

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Can you describe the smell of the stench? rofl

No. He wasn't at a Teabagger rally or even a typical Republican precinct meeting where the stench of b.s. is always strong and overwhelming.

Being near a meeting of rightwingers is like walking through a sewer. But I suppose that those who attend such functions either enjoy that smell or are so used to rolling in the muck that they no longer notice the stench.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 02:08 PM

Seriously? crazy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 02:29 PM

Dylan hit it right on pretty much as he got past the R & D crap to the heart of things ............ both parties are bought and paid for.

As to the demonstrations and the comments, go back and pick up the thread on the Tea Party and find ole Toder's post and names he called them. Then back here for the more conservative climb on the Lib version of the TP. Sometimes this BB is to funny to be true. Watch the Dylan rant and get the point, TP or WS folks working folks conservative or liberal have had it. It is not a R vs D or conservative vs liberal thing IT IS THE START OF THE PEOPLE VS THE GOVERNMENT THING. It started in the 60's with civil rights and anti war movement then we all said lets go play for 40 years ............ not a good idea. Time to finish the job, get our kids home, get government out of and off of business, get our tax structure reformed so all pay and businesses can compete abroad, AND QUITE PAYING THE WORLDS BILLS. Get a health care that works and is PAID FOR not this piece of crap that guy we call president and congress passed. Reform Entitlements and get rid of do nothing programs ( GAO identified 100 B of them ) and stop congress from continuing to steal Social Security money then bitch when the bills come due. AND 100% public funded elections at federal, state, & local level and send both the D & R parties to the dust bin of history! Rant over mad

Come the revolution.....................

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 02:37 PM

Oh sure RG, you're talking about being responsible for your own choices........now that will get you a long ways. wink Apparently you ain't runnin fer nuthin.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 02:40 PM

you missed a part:

It was that evening when I felt like a bonafide American man. It wasn't too hard to buckle down after a day of shooing away anti-American communists. At supper I looked genuinely into the eyes of my family, in the comfort of my own home, and wondered how anyone would ever want to take this away from me. After supper my trophy wife took me in the bedroom and tucked me in real nice. I laid there like a cozy burrito as she massaged my feet. Just before she turned off the lamp, she whispered in my ear "chuck, your my 99%." At that moment I felt like the American Hero. I dowsed off and thanked the lord for this country.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 03:01 PM

I'm complex. I'm sorry you understand the point I was making, it would do you some good.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 03:18 PM

well atleast i dont paint my face purple and jack off to pictures of bigstick with his pants off.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 03:41 PM

Seriously? crazy

Yeah, seriously. Here's the deal: the Republican rank-and-file are basically a pack of clueless morons. Don't believe me? Then how else would you explain that these folks continue to embrace an economic ideology and program that has proven itself to be a failure whenever and wherever it has been tried? In that they are no different from their marxist counterparts who continue to tout the virtues of a centrally planned state owned economy.

Go back and read the dire predictions conservatives were making in the debate over the Clinton tax hikes in the early 1990's. (For that matter just go back and read the assurances we were hearing from conservatives that weapons of mass destruction would be found in Iraq.)

After you've done that, then come back here and try to convince me that conservatives aren't a pack of Kool Aid drinkers who know little more than what they consume by watching the infotainment on Fox News. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 03:44 PM

who says im trolling? im sick of your condescending smurkness. I'm genuinely fighting an arrogance that I am fed up with.you think you're some internet icon, chuck s. the great?!?! if you were my dad, i'd do drugs and shitt.
Posted by: CedarR

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 04:17 PM

Comedian Bill Hicks did a lot of social commentary relevant to the discussions of today. The 2011 documentary, "AMERICAN...The Bill Hicks Story" tells the story of Hicks and his uncompromising comedic assault on corporate owned government, zealots, and small mindedness in general. Don't watch the documentary if the voice of dissent leaves you wanting to "kill the messenger"; you'd be wasting your time, Hicks died from pancreatic cancer fourteen years ago. This Bill Hicks video seemed fitting for this thread. Adult language warning.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 04:22 PM

There's an old saying that goes, "If you've never stood for something, you'll fall for anything." It's not that the Lefties haven't stood for something.....they just don't know what it is.........and still don't judging from this demonstration.

Seems to be a postpartum thing, I guess.
No shame,
No pride,
all a Ruse.

Mama.......Mama......

rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 04:27 PM

Or maybe they put on a front because they know the republicant's wont be able to peer into the clock work. ohwell. you're where we want you.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 04:30 PM

What do we want?

We don't know!

When do we want it?

NOW!!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 04:41 PM

What do we want?

"don't fuckn tell them!"

When do we want it?

"Right now, and it's already happening outside of the media!"

When will they find out?

"When we all have jobs and they don't know why because glen beck didn't give them a reason!"

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 05:06 PM

rofl crazy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 11:22 PM

Sign making material for sure!

crazy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 11:42 PM

Speaking of signs...

...maybe you Ronnie worshipping Teabagger types might want to carry this placard at your next rally.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/09/11 11:53 PM

Bless her heart. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 12:57 AM

And here we have Ronnie himself dedicating the Columbia space shuttle launch to those folks we are now at war with:

YouTube link

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 09:36 AM

Dooood! Not protesting anything.....just watching the parade, Doood!

(note: Corporate Bunny for Longer Lasting Batteries wink )

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 12:53 PM

Wow, chuck is a fantastic troll. What a Front.

This whole time he was actually protesting!@#$!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 01:06 PM

That's Vedder.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 03:11 PM

Dooh! No bald spot yet.

Looking forward to this this afternoon. I am driving the a 545

**March and Rally to Impact Bus Service in Downtown Seattle this Afternoon‏

King County Metro Transit King County Metro Transitkcmetro-alerts@service.govdelivery.com

Bus service is expected to be affected by a march scheduled for 4:30 PM today. The march will start at the Seattle Central Community College on Broadway and proceed westward on Pine Street to Fourth Avenue, ending with a rally at Westlake Park.

Metro bus routes 10, 11, 14, 19, 24, 33, 43, 49, 64, 177, 196, 250 252, 257, 260, 265, 268, 311 & Sound Transit route ST 545 should anticipate possible service delays along their routes and in the area around Westlake Park.

Thanks for riding and for using Metro’s services.**

I wonder how many peoples lives will be negatively impacted by these douchebags. What do they expect to accomplish by pissing people off. I wonder how many of these douchebags are planning to ride the bus to the "protest".

I hope that when they come up with their list of demands, they rememeber to list who they are demanding it from.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 06:01 PM

http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/protes...er-comment-area

Oh yeah Seaside Oregon is the hub of big buisness, I'm sure the icecream vendors and the bumper cars will be the first to fall.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 06:13 PM

We might not know exactly what this movements all about, but it's certainly got the resident teabagger wing nuts all stirred up.
So there's some degree of success.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 06:39 PM

It's been awhile since I laughed this hard. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 07:48 PM

Follow the money... thumbs

FAR LEFT Advertises on Craig’s List for Paid Activists to Fight Wall Street

We all knew this was happening. We just didn’t think they’d be so open about it.

In case you had any doubt that these Wall Street protests were being manufactured by the far left, there’s this–

The pro-Obama Working Families Party of New York, a group that shares the same address as the SEIU and ACORN in New York, posted this advertisement on Craig’s list. They are looking for energetic progressives to help them to fight to hold Wall Street accountable. And the pay is $350-$650 a week depending on the responsibility and length of time of staff.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/10/...ht-wall-street/

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 08:18 PM

You don't do anything, maybe you should apply. grin

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 09:04 PM

Received this in my e-mail today.....seems to have some appropriate statements.

GREAT TRUTHS

1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
- Mark Twain

3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
- Winston Churchill

5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
- G. Gordon Liddy

7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

8. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University

9. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

10. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French economist(1801-1850)

11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
- Ronald Reagan (1986)

12. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
- Will Rogers

13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
- P.J. O'Rourke

14. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
- Voltaire (1764)

15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
- Pericles (430 B.C.)

16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
- Mark Twain (1866)

17. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it.
- Anonymous

18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
- Ronald Reagan

19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
- Mark Twain

21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

22. There is no distinctly Native American criminal class...save Congress.
- Mark Twain

23. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

24. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

25. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
- Aesop

FIVE BEST SENTENCES

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for...another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they worked for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 09:20 PM

You don't do anything, maybe you should apply. grin

Apparently, you don't do anything either.

I have a J.O.B and pay taxes....and you?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 10:17 PM

why don't you fuckks research how the happiest nation in the world does it.

It all boils down to quality of living across the board, and anyone who wants to take that away from a fellow human being, is a fundamentally horrible person.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/10/11 11:46 PM

To protect personal liberty and protect the borders. At least that was the founders intent.
Posted by: Somethingsmellsf

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 12:03 AM

I knew things would get interesting when Palin was trouncing around the country pretending to run for office while collecting money and Bachmann was just standing there breathing with her mouth open trying to play in the big game.
I should have invested in Kazoo's and propeller beanies.....

Perhaps I should just watch this and cancel the dish!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 03:49 AM

The libs have misinterpreted the "General Welfare" clause. They read the same words as "General Welfare Check"......just keep 'em comin', eh?
General Welfare is about the government assisting with catastrophic events.....not self imposed stupidity, laziness, and general ass-hattery. The legitimate economic complainers are out looking for work, not looking for hand outs and attention.

Anyone who thinks Massachusetts has anything to offer....should just move there.........please. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 12:51 PM

"Apparently, the GOP wants to avoid talking about the economy except to blame it on Obama."

That is the exact tactic of the GOP and remember they stated their number one goal was to get Obama not right the ship. The GOP is willing to throw America down the tubes in pursuit of power.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 12:55 PM

"The legitimate economic complainers are out looking for work, not looking for hand outs and attention."

So in your circular reasoning those truly looking for work are too busy to complain and those complaining are freeloaders.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 03:32 PM

Occupy Seattle looked just like any other homeless camp as I passed by this morning. Blue tarp city and a couple of hippies with tamborines and flowers.

Still waiting to hear the list of demands and who they are demanding it from.

Standing around in the rain is not going to accomplish anything.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 04:28 PM

getting Wall Street to serve Main Street
What does this mean?

reform executive compensation
Seems like this would be up to Corporate Shareholders. No?

rebuild America on an environmentally sustainable basis
Some kind of work Corp? I saw a demand for a $Trillion in infrastructure inprovements. What, just print it?

get good green jobs
Every one (with a job)has to buy Solar Panels and get a Prius

promote sustainable agriculture
It's not the dust bowl. What is the problem here?

improve justice for workers
The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see everyone who is willing to work hard make the American dream, A house with a white picket fence, two car garage , kids, a dog ....bar around the corner wink

But I don't think someone should just be handing out tickets to the promised land.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 04:48 PM

What they are saying is real simple. They are saying " hey Mr. Fancy Pants, you may have had a good idea, taken some risks etc to make that $100 million but don't forget the guy down here in the trenches. Don't forget that he helped build the infrastructure that allowed you to take advantage of that idea. We don't mind you making 100 times what the avg guy makes but start kicking it back after that. You can do this by your own free will or you can wait until we have had enough and we just come and take it. Read your history books it’s full of examples of the little guy kicking the shat out of the fat cat. wink wink nod nod.
I think it is great and the essence of America, good will come out of the dialog. I am interested to see if a new leadership emerges and a unified message forms. We have a long history in the NW of such protests. We led the nation in the union building movement in the early years of the 20th century.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 05:38 PM

I think that alot of the jobs that went overseas are low paying manufacturing jobs, no? Who has sent what jobs, where? How do we get them back? Regulation? Something like what NLRB is trying to do to Boeing?

Lying CEO's and boards.
If they are breaking the law, throw their asses in prison. Shareholders need to see through the BS and fixit

Drugs we don't need? I guess I don't understand. I take a handful of [censored] in the morning and another in the evening. It will be even more if I get my Tx (4 times a day)

I am all for fixing the roads and electrical grid. How do you fund it? That asshole Eyman is trying to F' that up. No on XXXX. Are you going to force BPA to upgrade the system? How? Lots of Federal money being spent on I90 and the viaduct. Want more? Where do you get the money? Tax the rich?

I eat Raisin Bran for breakfast. I don't see any thing bad on the list of ingredients wink

ATU587 has certainly taken good care of us. It would be nice if everyone had it so good. Sounds like paradise.

I think that the "99%" will not be happy until there is some kind of a limit on wealth. Do you want to make a $10,000,000 limit on personal wealth. Ask Opera(or a million others). What are you going to do? Make them cash out their properties and send in a check?

Yeah, ya gotta have at least one boat!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/11/11 06:58 PM

I agree that things need to change. I hope that we can find a way to get all of these things done. We have in the past.

I don't think the people in Westlake Park are helping. Neither do a majority (if that means anything) of those posting to the Seattle Times .

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.c...umn=create_date

This was my favorite -

"So..... At 9:00pm tonight, remind the protesters that the park closes at 10:00 and anybody present after that will be subject to arrest and that non-violent actions will be taken by city authorities to vacate the park. Then, at 10:01pm, line up a few tanker fire trucks along Fourth Avenue and begin a steady but heavy low pressure "fire hose rain" over the entire encampment. Make sure to soak to the skin each and every occupant and his/her sleeping bag, back pack and cardboard "tent". Do this for about 30 minutes and then give those that are left another 30 minutes to vacate or face arrest for trespassing, resisting arrest and public nuissance. Wash, rinse, repeat"

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/12/11 02:21 PM

I personally think that Wall Street carries too much weight in our country. Companies have become blind to long term goals, and seem to only live for that quarterly report and whether or not they make or exceed the estimates some brokerage house or investment firm has labeled them with.

Wall Street is not corporations or companies, it is investment bankers, Hedgefund Managers, and Traders, people that make money with educated guesses, luck, or inside information. These people don't create anything except larger fees for their clients to pad their own pocket books.

I am writing about companies like Lehman Brothers....remember them? Everyone on this board, including me, gets all up in arms when we talk about a fee that BOA levies against a Debit Card. But when people protest the banks and corporations that took bailout money and continue to treat the public like crap, we go and defend those companies as part of the capitalist ideal? Isn't a government bailout of a private corporation a socialist action, not unlike the socialist ideal that we need to take care of the poor and out-of-work?

All that said Danny Westneat has an interesting take on all of this, and says that the 99% have their math all wrong.

Danny Westneat

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/12/11 02:27 PM

Quote:
Isn't a government bailout of a private corporation a socialist action...

No... it's a fascist action.

If it were socialist... the government would be running the bank/corporation.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/12/11 02:32 PM

A real burn is the fact that Hedge Fund managers pay a 15% tax rate. Yeah those people responsible for skyrocketing gas prices are also putting it to you at tax time.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/12/11 03:55 PM

So, you think being on public property, exercising their free speech is wrong and they should be subjected to what amounts to waterboarding?

What part of the 1st Amendment do you not understand Gutz? People should only protest and say what YOU approve of???

There was a pretty good discussion in that Times piece I got that quote from as to why it was not a violation of 1. Mostly the consensus was that they were violating city ordinance/law by being in the Park after 10pm.

And Waterboarding is not always a bad thing smile hehehe (that ought to heat up the pot wink )
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 03:37 AM

Sorry, they still have a right to protest without your or any RWNJ's permission and it appears they're just moving someplace else where they will continue to peacefully protest and enjoy annoying you.

Yeah but pissing and chitting in public and on the public is a problem.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 12:13 PM

To re-iterate what I wrote about yesterday...these are the type of greedy people that populate Wall Street.

Hedgefund Manager Sentenced

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 12:33 PM

To re-iterate what I wrote about yesterday...these are the type of greedy people that populate Wall Street.

agreed but sitting around and pissing on the sidewalk isnt going to change that....

And that is exactly what they told the Vietnam war protesters.
For those wing nuts that are a bit slow in understanding what's really happening, the protesters are bringing this issue to the attention of the American voters.
That's how we change things in our country.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: freespool

agreed but sitting around and pissing on the sidewalk isnt going to change that....

And that is exactly what they told the Vietnam war protesters.
For those wing nuts that are a bit slow in understanding what's really happening, the protesters are bringing this issue to the attention of the American voters.
That's how we change things in our country.

This isnt even close to being the same country as the vietnam era ... that is what the left dingbats fail to realize and that is why this whole shindig is a waste of time and energy.

But you go on believing what you want wink

So Chuck perhaps they need to blow the fucx out of a few federal buildings, you know for old times sake?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 02:13 PM

15k looooosers in a population of 320 million. rofl

Whoop eeeeee! I like Dennis Millers approach, he said they should open a jobs fair at these locations and watch the cockroaches scatter like crazy. rofl
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 03:01 PM

Dan was there....

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 03:04 PM

rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 03:21 PM

ROTC federal buildings, not Oklahoma City federal buildings, sorry for the misrepresentation.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 03:49 PM

UP THE REVOLUTION!

All in favor: Aye!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 04:05 PM

Anyone catch Bill Clinton on Letterman last night? I thought his take on the protests was pretty spot on.
Posted by: big moby

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/13/11 05:55 PM

+1. I don't know why people are defending these banks, hedgefund dudes or whatever. they are Buttraping the American middle class. shoot

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 12:47 AM

Quote-
So far, the only major accomplishment of the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters is that they have finally put an end to their previous initiative, "Occupy Our Mothers' Basements."

Ann Coulter. rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 09:57 AM

rofl That pic is on it's way to the printer. Perfect.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 11:34 AM

"Anyone catch Bill Clinton on Letterman last night? I thought his take on the protests was pretty spot on."

I thought his take on the economy...the reasons it's in the tank "BUSH" and what it will take to climb out were spot on.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 11:39 AM

I am sorry I missed it. wink crazy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 12:40 PM

It's refreshing to see that a business publication seems to clearly understand the underlying cause of these demonstrations:

(Business Insider Article Link)

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 02:34 PM

I was going to post that too, Rooselk. It is the clearest article I've seen yet.

Yet, ball-washers will continue to wash balls.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 02:43 PM

Um... I was actually referring to you, Hank, and Sol Duc but, whatever.
Posted by: big moby

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 03:54 PM

This all started around 2000, thanks W.... foul

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/14/11 10:19 PM

Tea Party co-founder expresses support and gives a word of advice for the Occupy Wall Street protesters:

(Story Link)

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 12:50 AM

cryriver Poor little Bed wetter pro...whaaaa cryriver

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: blue water pro
The Shoulda - Coulda - Wouldas:
1. Ended the longest Wars in American History
2. Closed Gitmo
3. Broke up the monopolies
4. Offered a Public Option
5. Burned The Patriot Act
6. Told TSA to take a hike

but...like I said when he was running - the things he promises - CAN'T be done. Not Obamas fault. Who should we blame? The 99% is confused!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's woulda, coulda, shoulda. But a lot of the blame lies with the Dems in Congress who insisted on repeating the mistakes of the first two years of the Clinton administration. That's why these outside movements are so important. They can put the pressure on the President and Congress to do the right thing. And that's what is needed.

The old saying among activists is that the Democratic party is where progressive movements go to die. There's more than a grain of truth to that saying. Progressive movements must remain independent if they are to succeed. We need such a movement not only to hold Obama's and the Democrat's feet to the fire, but to speak and to act in it's own name regardleds of which party occupies the White House and Congress.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 12:02 PM

Simple question......Do you think this latest "movement" (right word, BTW) is garnering an increasing number of Democratic voters.......or reducing their numbers? I'm not at all convinced that what I've seen is "progressive"....unless of course you call shooting yourself in the foot, "progressive".

Appears to be more a collection of non-tax-paying whiners whose collective intellect is such that a common purpose took weeks to put together in any kind of presentable fashion.......akin to, "Yeah, that's it! That's why we're here! Let's say that!" rolleyes

I'm guessing that centrist-leaning Dems will be crossing the line, if for no other reason than to dis-associate themselves from these "activists".

(So many pretty words for palitibility....more rewriting of the English language..... press 1 for English smile )

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 12:18 PM

The same thing is said about all movements when they begin. In my lifetime I've seen the civil rights, anti-war, women's rights, and gay rights movements ridiculed and condemned by their detractors. But each of these movements won in the end. I think we are probably only seeing the beginning with the Occupy movement. The movement will become more articulate and focused as labor unions and other organizations become involved.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 03:00 PM

We're a bunch of pussies. Rome just started their protests and they're burning cars and shitt.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/231808/20111015/occupy-wall-street-rome-italy-berlusconi-draghi.htm

Anarchy!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 03:01 PM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 03:31 PM

Unfortunately the French sometimes act as though a political demonstration is a revolution. Maybe someone should remind them that it's not supposed to be the charging of the Bastille of 1789, the Paris revolt of 1848, the Paris commune of 1871, or even the May uprising of 1968 (though it could certainly turn into the later).

Frenchies. What can I say?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 04:09 PM

So any bets on the total number of tents for tonight? The "movement" is calling for 500 tents.

I bet there will be fewer than 50.
They will be out of Westlake by midnight.

Go down there for your attempt at anarchy Grizzle. I hope SPD busts your head and restores order.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 04:17 PM

What is economic equality?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 05:19 PM

This is the kind of filth were talking about, her Parents must be proud eek2

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 05:20 PM

...I hope SPD busts your head and restores order.

Of course you do. That's because, as I've always known, in their heart of hearts conservatives are thugs. It matters not whether these demonstrators have committed acts worthy of having their heads busted, or that the First Amendment guarantees the right of peacable assembly. No, all that matters to authoritarians on the right is that these folks happen to disagee with conservative political dogma and therefore deserve to have their asses kicked.

You would have done Bull Connor proud. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 05:27 PM

Atleast the Tea party has class! thumbs
Posted by: Irie

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 05:29 PM

Too bad it's low class.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 05:35 PM

Dammit SolDuc......I'm trying to eat!
fk me

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Irie

Too bad it's low class.

Exactly. When Teabaggers were disrupting town meetings in congressional districts a couple of years back, righties defended those actions and applauded. Just shows that right wingers are rank hypocrites in addition to being thugs.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 06:21 PM

I think you'll find the thugs in the various Unions. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 07:37 PM

I hardly think that maintaining some sembalance of order is being a thug. It would seem to me that those who advocate anarchy are thugs and deserve to be put down.

Regarding your first amendment rights, where do you draw the line? If a group of people with some random incomprehensible demands starts blocking bus loads of people trying to get home to their families, I don't think containg them to the sidewalk violates their rights.They should not be able to block the street. If that requires arrests/violence so be it.

With tonights rediculous flaunting of the limited amount of control the Mayor has, I think this protest will turn somewhat violent.

If I were a homeless person or one of these "99%" , I would certainly be camping out at City Hall. Seems like the Mayor has opened it up for a permanent camp.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 08:00 PM

Maybe I'm wrong here, but it seems to me that there is a distinct difference in respect for boundaries between the right and left......personal, physical, and emotional. The right are pretty much a leave me alone, get out of my face type.....the left is a "Hey there! Look over here! Yooooo Hooooo!!" all the while doing whatever it takes to disrupt.
I can picture standing along the beach somewhere looking at the setting sun, listening to the slap of the waves.....and have the above pictured abomination walk between me and the water, yammering on it's cell in a loud whiny voice. Kinda ruins the moment, you know?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/15/11 11:12 PM

This guy for president 2012

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/16/11 11:15 PM

S.S.S. thumbs

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/17/11 02:58 PM

More cops than anything this morning as I drove by. Looked like they were hosing Westlake Park down. I did see three groups of "Protesters" carrying thier belongs in tents or tarps across Olive heading north on Fourth. I wonder were they were headed? Hardly anyone at the Mayors house.

Where did they all go?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/17/11 05:53 PM

What if working class Americans actually support the Occupy Wall Street movement? In the last week alone the AFL-CIO has 25,000 new recruits.

Article Link

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/17/11 06:11 PM

Nazi's come out in support of OWS (I am sure this will help the "Cause" wink )

http://anp14.com/news/archives.php?report_date=2011-10-16

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/18/11 01:59 PM

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

UP THE REVOLUTION!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/18/11 10:07 PM

I think Wall Street thieves have stolen more. rofl====AM.

You beat me to it!!!!

Fishy
Posted by: goharley

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/18/11 10:58 PM

Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment...
See? Even RWWJs are showing up for this thing.
wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/18/11 11:00 PM

Real top drawer comparison..... rolleyes

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/19/11 12:20 AM

I have no idea what she's protesting and neither does she...

Fixed it for ya'.

just like you have no idea how she came into possession of an expensive computer.

At least she's freed herself from more corporate bondage...she oughta' thank the thief/fellow protester/friend.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/20/11 04:53 PM

The irony never don't cease to amaze... smile

Stunner: 'Occupy Boston' Turning Violent
The hits just keep on coming for these "occupy" mobs. Former Boston Mayor Ray Flynn says it's time for the human debris to move on.

A confrontation with a knife-wielding junkie at Occupy Boston and rampant thefts have tensions simmering between the protesters and the homeless, prompting Mayor Thomas M. Menino’s predecessor to say it’s high time for police to clear the tent city.

“It’s causing disruptions to public order,” former Mayor Raymond L. Flynn told the Herald. “They should have been given one day — 24 hours and that’s it. They have to be removed.”

Asked how he’d handle the encampment — which Menino has been willing to tolerate so far — Flynn said: “I’d walk down there with the police commissioner and I’d say, ‘Look, you’ve done your thing, but please respect the laws of this city. It’s time to pack up, clean up and leave.’”

Flynn’s tough talk comes amid the reported rape of a 19-year-old female college student at an Occupy camp in Cleveland and the knife play in Dewey Square in Boston on Sunday.

According to a Boston police report, a disgruntled homeless man got into an argument at 6:15 p.m. with Occupiers because he “had nowhere to stay.” The man urinated on a tent and then allegedly pulled a knife on a group of 10 shocked protesters. No one was stabbed but several protesters later told cops they felt “threatened” by the incident.

Cops assigned to the site grabbed the man, searched him and found a hypodermic needle and a knife. The blade was seized, but the alleged victims would not provide their names to police, so the man was not arrested, police said.

“Vigilant officers intervened in the situation and quickly de-escalated it,” Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said.

Menino yesterday downplayed the problems, repeating that the demonstrators can stay as long as they are peaceful. He said he’s not concerned about police costs. “It is not right now a drain on resources,” he said.

The incident highlights an emerging rift between the Occupiers and homeless, who have moved into the tent city to feast on freebies. Occupy protesters and a law enforcement source said cellphones, laptops and other items have been swiped from tents, but Driscoll said the department has received no reports of robberies.

“The homeless people are down there lurking around,” a law-enforcement source told the Herald. “Some of them are mentally ill and criminally insane. The potential is there for problems.”

Demonstrator Andrew Warner, 36, said homeless people are hijacking tents, getting drunk, “passing out” and stealing.

“It’s turning into us against them,” Warner said. “They come in here and they’re looking at it as a way of getting a free meal and a place to crash, which is totally fine, but they don’t bring anything to the table at all. It gets really frustrating.”

Now they know how productive members of society feel. Taxpayers support these freeloaders, they don't bring anything to the table, and you know what? It gets really frustrating.

Welcome to reality, folks.

by the Jammie Wearing Fool at PJM

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/22/11 01:01 PM

More to read

http://www.13wham.com/news/state/story/A...l6Jvrf0trA.cspx

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/22/11 04:11 PM

Quote:
"We're here to spoil each other," said Kat Enyeart, a 25-year-old medic who says she spends half her time tending to the homeless, some of whom are physically and mentally ill. "It's a big, messy, beautiful thing."

Like she said.........beautiful! rofl

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/23/11 09:45 PM

"I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one."

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/27/11 06:41 PM

The freeloaders are getting pissed at other freeloaders rofl

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders
By SELIM ALGAR and BOB FREDERICKS

Last Updated: 9:48 AM, October 27, 2011

Posted: 1:43 AM, October 27, 2011

EXCLUSIVE
The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.

They will also provide directions to local soup kitchens for the vagrants, criminals and other freeloaders who have been descending on Zuccotti Park in increasing numbers every day.

To show they mean business, the kitchen staff refused to serve any food for two hours yesterday in order to meet with organizers to air their grievances, sources said.

As the kitchen workers met with the “General Assembly’’ last night, about 300 demonstrators stormed from the park to Reade Street and Broadway, where they violently clashed with cops.

The Assembly announced the three-day menu crackdown announced earlier in the day -- insisting everybody would be fed something during that period.

Some protesters threatened that the high-end meals could be cut off completely if the vagrants and criminals don’t disperse.

Unhappiness with their unwelcome guests was apparent throughout the day.

“We need to limit the amount of food we’re putting out” to curb the influx of derelicts, said Rafael Moreno, a kitchen volunteer.

A security volunteer added that the cooks felt “overworked and underappreciated.”

Many of those being fed “are professional homeless people. They know what they’re doing,” said the guard at the food-storage area.

Today, a limited menu of sandwiches, chips and some hot food will be doled out -- so legitimate protesters will have a day to make arrangements for more upscale weekend meals.

Protesters got their first taste of the revolt within the revolt yesterday when the kitchen staff served only peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips after their staff meeting.

Organizers took other steps to police the squatters, who they said were lured in from other parks with the promise of free meals.

A team of 10 security volunteers moved in to the trouble-prone southwest section of Zuccotti Park in a show of force to confront them.

“We’re not going to let some members of this community destroy the whole movement,” a volunteer said.

Some arguments broke out as the security team searched tents -- but no violence erupted.

Overall security at the park had deteriorated to the point where many frightened female protesters had abandoned the increasingly out-of-control occupation, security- team members said.

Rumors swirled that one homeless man had pulled a knife in a dispute the night before -- and that there had been yet another case of groping.

But protesters and a cop on duty told The Post that most of the crime goes unreported, because of a bizarre “stop snitching” rule.

“What’s happening in there is staying in there,” said the cop.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 12:45 AM

Kind of like the Tea Party, huh?
Posted by: Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 02:03 AM

'Cept the Tea Party is a bunch of douchebags...a true astroturf roots organization run by the elites, and staffed by the fools.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Irie

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 02:12 AM

I told you guys the exact same thing about Obama in 2006.

Still, he was better than the alternative. He kept Sarah Palin out of the VP spot.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Todd
'Cept the Tea Party is a bunch of douchebags...a true astroturf roots organization run by the elites, and staffed by the fools.

Fish on...

Todd

That statement is true of whatever party you want to pick. Proof? When the Dems had total control in DC......what happened? Can you say............

NOTHING!!??

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 09:50 AM

Count the filibusters...and there's your reason.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 09:58 AM

Elections are supposed to have consequences, not the least of which is that when the People elect folks from a certain party, the other party doesn't get to have all it wants, and it has to suck it up and do what the People want, which is why they voted for the other guys.

Since Clinton took office the biggest consequence of Republicans not being in control has been that virtually nothing has happened...reason being that they'd rather play politics than actually do anything, in spite of the will of the People of the United States of America being clearly expressed.

It's not how a democracy is run, and it's un-American...and the country is full of a bunch of partisan voters who are not interested in having an actual democracy, and they, too, are un-American.

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/gop-wins-filibuster-gold-medal

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 10:28 AM

Blah, blah, blah...doesn't address the issue at all, not surprisingly.

I'm not calling for the end of the filibuster, I'm calling for the end of using it every single time for no other reason than to make sure nothing happens so that they can win elections in the next cycle...and anyone who says that this is not why the GOP does it ad nauseum is either fuckin stupid, or a fuckin liar.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 10:39 AM

I find it curious that all elected officials take some sort of oath, similar to "Support and defend the Constitution and Laws". Nowhere in there do they take an oath to "ensure my re-election and the election of my party".

Their job is to govern. That often includes compromise. On both sides. The majority should not force its views, just because it can no should the minority prevent action just because it can.

For a long time CA had that 2/3 majority rule to pass a budget and a minority could simply say no till the cows came home. Which they did. CA never got a budget done by the Constututionally mandated time. How about the do an Initiative? If the budget is not passed by the due date, the whole Legislature is charged with non-compliance. The penalty for conviction? Loss of the ability to hold elected office anywhere in CA for 10 years on the first offense and for life on the second.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 10:42 AM

Todd---and anyone who says that this is not why the GOP does it ad nauseum is either fuckin stupid, or a fuckin liar.

No grey area there.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 10:48 AM

"Filibusters don't kill Democracy, Republicans do"

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 11:07 AM

Aunty

Yep. Sad but true.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 11:12 AM

Guess that puts you in the fuckin liar category, then, Hank, because I don't think you're stupid.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 12:50 PM

Hank, making friends where ever he goes. smile

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Hank, making friends where ever he goes. smile
He should have been tissue in a beaker instead. Would have done more for humanity.

Aunty----Who's the chick in your avatar that looks like she sucked on a sour Key lime?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/28/11 11:42 PM

The woman in my avatar will never be President.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 01:17 PM

50lb. chunk of blue ice? Perhaps the GOP could mold it into a viable candidate?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: freespool
50lb. chunk of blue ice? Perhaps the GOP could mold it into a viable candidate?

It was just another idea on how to fix the economy from Obama on Air Force 1

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 04:52 PM

Shoulda saved it for the campaign trail.....More Obama Doo to come. rofl
Posted by: DBAppraiser

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 05:39 PM

A couple inches of wet snow in NYC should put a damper on the campers. smile

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 06:51 PM

The protestors I'm sympathizing with are the ones who have been making a list of Wall St names who have acquired wealth illegally or bought changes in the law to legalize their wealth creation techniques at the expense of the American middle class, and once there's a decent amount of snow on the ground, go to those 1%er's mansions and toss their arrogant asses out into the snow and take up residence in said mansions. On this class warfare issue, the pendelum needs to swing and put the real crooks in the street.

UP THE REVOLUTION!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 10/29/11 09:05 PM

Here's a thought provoking graph........
shows a very unusual rift in the unemployment/inflation relationship....same thing occured in the early '80's (Reagan) now Omama
............ c/p from msnbc

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 04:28 PM

Hank, how many people have you employed?

Fishy
Posted by: docspud

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 05:12 PM

Are we talkin' "women of the night" fishy? grin

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 06:18 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised the monkey spankers didn't make fun of this.

If the soldier were gay they definitely would have. eek2

Give 'em time though... help

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 06:27 PM

I'm sure there are dozens of right wing shitferbrains "journalists" out there looking like hell for someone...anyone...that will go on the record that this guy was gay, bisexual, or was seen smoking a joint.

Can you imagine if a bunch of Socialist Kenyans jumped an Iraq veteran at a TeaBagger Circle Jerk and beat him up? There'd be a lynching.

Just more of the Right Wing Hypocrisy Machine grinding its gears.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 06:54 PM

Gooolllllllyy, you three should form a group or something.
That mindless drivel that leaks out has got to be marketable.
What school grade would you say that it most closely resembles?

anything over 6th tells me that our education system has failed miserably.

pathetic

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 07:20 PM

Thanks for your usual intelligent and thoughtful response, Slappy.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 08:50 PM

Oakland protester numbers rival Vietnam era dissenters.
These people don't seem to be going away Hank, and why don't they just eat cake?
Seems people are fed up with the GOP's reverse Robin Hood economic model, or whatever they are calling now.
Job creators my a$$, robber barons is more like it.

viva the revolution.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 09:23 PM

I agree with what they are saying, but no I'm not physically there.
Americans seem fed up with corporate manipulation of elections, and politicians being on the take.
I'll believe corporations are people after Texas executes one of them.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 09:38 PM

Fishy

A better question would have been "Hank, because of your actions, how many people have lost their jobs?"

That would be zero... wink

Hank, you continue to avoid the question while espousing that you have the answer to the jobs crisis, banking,health care,taxes, etc, etc.

Just answer the question!

FIshy
Posted by: topwater

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 10:22 PM

The protesters, IMHO, have their anger misdirected. They should pick up their tents and sleeping bags; all of their cardboard signs; take all of their corporate laptops, cell phones and money from home and head to D.C. That's where the laws were made that got them all peeved.

the laws are not created in a vacuum. they are right to protest at the source of power in this country.

they are protesting the huge influence money has had and continues to have in our political system. protesting in DC misses the point and let's those who have true power off the hook.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 10:37 PM

Fishy

A better question would have been "Hank, because of your actions, how many people have lost their jobs?"

That would be zero... wink

Hank, you continue to avoid the question while espousing that you have the answer to the jobs crisis, banking,health care,taxes, etc, etc.

Just answer the question!

FIshy

How many have I employed? Dozens at one time or another. How many do you or have you employed?

As a former small business owner I had in my employ up to 50 +/- at a single time. This is where my experience comes from.
Successfully sold and then went on to manage a much larger company's employees which I am retired from.
Having dealt with all the issues that are talked about here and more I can say that I am astounded by your lack of serious dialog to the real issues. Copying and pasting from slanted news sources to try and justify your stance on these issues truly makes you look stupid.

Having an opinion is one thing but trying to make it work in the real world will bring a whole new perspective into things.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 11:11 PM

I find it curious that you, being a retired business owner and manager, would be in favor of the people who are causing businesses to have to lay people off. Would you think so highly of them if they were in front of your business and it then lost 30% of it's revenue?

As usual you don't see the big picture. The Corporations have run rampant over our rights,devastated peoples retirements, raided peoples pensions, cast legislation that furthers their enslavement over average people and these folks out there are fed up. We all should be pissed and ask that we too deserve to be treated like our work is worth a retirement, liveable wages, health care, security in work environments, clean environments and that we are protected from even those that employ people
.Business's need to act accordingly, but should be held to the highest standards when they cleave,raid and pillage from the very people that work for them.

All of the above has devastated our economy, ruined lives and made some destitute all for the sake of creating money out of thin air and has impacted
most of the rest of the planets also.

Now to answer your question, all of my work was off site and it is terrible, but the true blame is on the Banksters, Multi-Corps and those parasites that have sucked the life out of our American way of life.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 11:22 PM

What are you talking about, Fishy? Those are the ... wait for it...

Job Creators.

I love that term..."job creators"...if I am ever in a room with Mitch McConnel or John Boehner and hear either one of them say that one more fuckin time while saying we need more tax breaks for big corporations, I'm going to pick up McConnel and beat Boehner to death with him, and then feed McConnel to Governor Christie.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 11:32 PM

Without protesting in the streets this country would not exist and the cycle continues.They are putting all on notice that they are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.
If I had lost my house I would be camped out down there with them!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
What are you talking about, Fishy? Those are the ... wait for it...

Job Creators.

I love that term..."job creators"...if I am ever in a room with Mitch McConnel or John Boehner and hear either one of them say that one more fuckin time while saying we need more tax breaks for big corporations, I'm going to pick up McConnel and beat Boehner to death with him, and then feed McConnel to Governor Christie.

Fish on...

Todd

Yeah, "Job Creators" thats the biggest load of [censored] shoveled our way is some time.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/02/11 11:49 PM

It's the same shovel of schit as every other trickle down economic theory that the right wing comes up with every few years...instead of changing the policy (which, of course, doesn't work at all except for the 1%), they just change the name of it.

"Job Creators" is the nom de jour for "trickle down economics".

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 12:00 AM

Todd----"Job Creators" is the nom de jour for "trickle down economics".

You hit that one out of the park! = 100000000000000

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 12:22 AM

Nice wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 01:14 AM

He could have Bachmann as his veep, and they could run on the "we'd have no unemployment if we didn't have a minimum wage" platform...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 02:31 AM

Trying to highlight differences between Republicans and Democrats is akin to highlighting differences between brown bears and black bears.The Obama jobs plan is an oxymoron. Any jobs plan that does not recognize the underlying problem of jobs being exported to communist China is spitting into a windstorm. Any money spent on workers here will flow to China because the goods workers buy will be made in China or other similar Asian nations where slave wages are the rule of the day. No amount of Keynesian style economic medicine will do. We are in a new world now with globalization of the workforce. Until all workers unite worldwide and demand livable wages and safe working conditions the oligarchs will just keep moving around their factories to the lowest paid workers in the world. After China there are still many nations where income is so low that US workers will never again see the days of full employment and livable wages. The US middle class is a thing of the past. It is just taking FOREVER for average Americans to wake up and understand their jobs and lives have been sold down the river. And in all the cacophony and blame being handed around no one is paying the least bit of attention to the root cause.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 11:10 AM

Can you just see the GOP's talking heads exploding right now!!!!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 02:21 PM

There she goes again, ripping on those "job creators"...how many jobs have they created with their $160B tax free dollars the past three years?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: ibfishin2

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 02:29 PM

this report was on CNBC this morning;
President of greece talking about G-20 proposal, and his wish to have the people of greece vote on it. He said that with the conditions put on the citizens, higher taxes, reduction in wages etc, he felt they had a right to vote on their future. President obama sent by US Banks over to G-20 to demand of Greece that they accept the terms of the agreement without a referendum to the people. If EU agreement is not accepted by Greece, the US stock market will crash because the investment bankers have invested heavily in SDO's banking on making a huge profit off the EU deal. If Greece accepts the EU deal, then Greece will be forced into a 10 year depression according to Economic Experts.

Merkel, Germany and Sarkozy, France then stated that "THERE IS NO PLACE FOR DEMOCRACY AND CAPITALISM.

Now i put myself in the shoes of the Greeks; If my government raised my taxes by 50%, and cut my wages, without my say, i'd be pissed off in the streets too.

At what point should my welfare be more important that Greece's or greeces welfare be more important than mine? especially when the US banks started this cluster.

So, my question is just how much is enough? What is the breaking point of all the finger pointers, before you decide to join the Occupy people? Not trying to be confrontational, or sarcastic, just want to know?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 05:48 PM

Multi-national banks wage economic terrorism. This is just the beginning. How long until the real rat-fuvkers are strung up?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 09:35 PM

The Congressmen they buy should be hung along with 'em.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/03/11 10:43 PM

Well, you are not supposed to.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/04/11 12:02 AM

...you can't hang someone for not breaking the law.
Rick Perry got a good chuckle out of that one.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/06/11 10:36 PM

Lice outbreak at occupy Portland. eek2

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/11/...ers-camp-video/
Posted by: grizz1

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 01:20 PM

'Occupy D.C.' Goons Push Elderly Woman Down the Stairs
Fire it up
Share Occupy DC Protesters assaulted conservatives as they exited an Americans For Prosperity “Tribute to Ronald Reagan” dinner.

This elderly woman, 78 years old, rode 11 hrs on a bus from Detroit to attend the dinner. After the attack she was taken to hospital with multiple injuries, a bloody nose which developed after the fall, and a large knot on her head. After x-rays and a CAT scan, she was released the following morning with cuts and large bruises.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 03:12 PM

Cowards always seem to pick on the elderly, the worst cowards pick on elderly women.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 04:21 PM

what a bunch of sad and pathetic goons.

Are you referring to Wall Street, or the demonstrators?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 04:53 PM

I always love that I can tell what is on talk radio and/or heavy Fox rotation by what 4 or 5 people post on this board. It's the tightest circle-jerk around. At least this is more innocuous than fake stories about scary fornorz out to kill us.

I heard Michael Moore is teaming up with Warren (and Jimmy) Buffet to promote Death Panels (Nigerian-style, natch) in order to kill off the oldz so the poorz can have all the $. It is only logical.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 05:35 PM

And they're gonna be usin' the New Black Panthers to do it! eek2

With assistance from ACORN of course... doh
Posted by: Illyrian

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 05:40 PM

Now that would give some us Olf Farts some thing real to shoot at.
Tell em to bring their own box and lunch.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 06:54 PM

If it weren't for internet bulletin boards like this, I wouldn't know that Fox News exists nor the names of RWNJs that report faux news.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
If it weren't for internet bulletin boards like this, I wouldn't know that Fox News exists nor the names of RWNJs that report faux news.

And who says PP doesn't provide a useful public service?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 07:34 PM

Unfortunately it isn't RWNJ's that report the "news" on FOX... it's the handsomely paid mouthpieces for the Murdoch / Ailes / RNC propaganda machine that do.

It's the RWNJ's that believe EVERYTHING they report is the Gospel truth and swill the Kool-Aid of hate like they'd just spent 10 days in Death Valley without a canteen.

I actually feel sorry for RWNJ's at times. Going through life as a clueless dupe... gargling the sack of their corporate puppet masters is not much of an existance.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 07:46 PM

During the cold war we called what the communists were telling their people propaganda.
Now in our country it's called Fox News.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:02 PM

The notion that Fox has all RWWJ'S is retarded. crazy

Greta
Geraldo
Shepard Smith
Juan Willams
Bob Beckle

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:06 PM

Greta definitely goes on that list, she really sold her soul to be on Faux...Geraldo is just a WhackJob, not particularly political, just nutso...Sheppard's cool, and funny, too, and Juan Williams can make me chuckle, in a good way.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:06 PM

But...the other ten or so commentators, and all their "expert" panels, are RWWJ douchebags in the extreme...Extreme with a capital "E".

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:11 PM

All the hate of Fox from those who have never even watched it. Talk about spewing bs. Where did you hear that Fox is so bad? Some website somewhere? True Hannity is a rwnj. But if you watch and listen to O'Reilly and the discussions he has with Jaun and many others you might get a different opinion. And on Wednesdays, Dennis Miller!

I actually would have voted for Hillary Clinton after her interview with O'Reily. And of course the republicans had that insane woman from Alaska on the ticket.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:13 PM

Actually I was more likey to vote for O'Reilly after after his interview with Clinton. And far more likely to vote for O'Reilly after his interview with the black guy wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:25 PM

Actually I was more likey to vote for O'Reilly after after his interview with Clinton. And far more likely to vote for O'Reilly after his interview with the black guy wink

You really are mentally challenged, aren't you?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:28 PM

Jeebuz. Father in Heaven, deliver me.

I watch Fox for a lot of reasons...entertainment, to be sure...the best entertainment is watching a bunch of idiotic talking heads saying things as "facts" that only an idiot would believe...then coming here and watching idiots repeat the idiot things that the idiots said, which only idiots would believe.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 08:37 PM

Only sports talk radio for me. About 20 minutes of Morning Joe and Fox and Friends.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 09:06 PM

Stossle is another, you know damn well that CNN and MSNBC doesn't have near the balance of FNC. You lie-berals still want to piss and moan about Fox. cryriver

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 09:06 PM

Here's the thing Gutz... just because most right-wing dimwits form their opinions based on what they're told to think... doesn't meant that the rational, intelligent members of society (liberals / progressives) do.

I have watched enough FOX News and have witnessed enough of its destructive effect on self-identified conservatives in this country to feel completely secure in the validity of my opinion of FOX and its gaggle of Kool-Aid dispensers.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 10:12 PM

Standard psycho babble from the left. Never changes. urrrp.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 10:26 PM

or the question to you McMahon would be " did your Mother have ant children that lived " eek2

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 10:51 PM

That was a brilliant retort Sko! thumbs

I'm glad to see that some things never change. cowboy

Not all liberals are sittin' in parks Chuck... and not all the people "pissin' the place up" are liberals. wink

There's an old sayin': "Not all conservatives are stupid... but most stupid people are conservative." stir

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/07/11 11:49 PM

or the question to you McMahon would be " did your Mother have ant children that lived " eek2

As far as I know we're all living. I have to admit there are too many to keep track of though.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/08/11 12:54 PM

Protesters always like to cut themselves and save the blood so they can then splatter it on stuff. It is only logical.

Did Judith Miller write that?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 02:12 PM

"Useful idiots" said Vladimir Lenin. He was right on.
Fortunately for them this country has always, in the past, allowed idiocy to flourish. Some of the idiots are becoming tiresome tho. There are places where they would be land fill.
Too bad they cannot demonstrate in a Bering Sea super squall.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Illyrian
"Useful idiots" said Vladimir Lenin. He was right on.
Fortunately for them this country has always, in the past, allowed idiocy to flourish. Some of the idiots are becoming tiresome tho. There are places where they would be land fill.
Too bad they cannot demonstrate in a Bering Sea super squall.

You seem to have a very poor recollection of US history, because your saying just about the same thing that those who approved of the Vietnam War were saying.
Judging the intellectual level of thinking on this board, one might come to the conclusion history isn't a subject that's taught in our educational system anymore.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 03:15 PM

Illyrian is just trotting out the same tired old schtick he thinks passes as intelligent political analysis over at Gomefishin.com

Anybody that isn't a card-carrying right-wing extremist is an idiot who should be killed and thrown in a landfill.

I guess it's understandable though, when the highlight of your day consists of demonstrating your hatred of liberals / Democrats on various internet chat forums.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 03:45 PM

I'm flattered. Both Aunty Moo and River nutrients have felt troubled
enough to toss a few insults at the OF. Lol Like I said, Same old hot
used hay.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 06:46 PM

Hank,

Changes through the ballot box have come via protest movements that began on the street. As counter-productive as these protests seem to you, neither of us can say what outcome they may contribute to down the road.

Personally tho, I like a more direct style. Something along the lines of an unemployed person who lost his house due to a bank exec who received a multi-million $$ bonus, tracking down said exec and throwing him out of his ill-gotten mansion and the unemployed homeless protester moving in. Poetic justice - this world needs more of it.

Sg

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 08:22 PM

The ability of the right wing nutjobs to clutch their hands over their hearts and belt out God Bless America when they see a bunch of ignorant fools wearing guns and holding signs with poorly worded and illogical phrases on them, with tea bags hanging off their straw hats...while decrying those who are exercising their rights as Americans to assemble and air their grievances...well, let's just say it's as predictable as Herman Cain stepping on his own dick again here in the next few days on his way to walking away from his Presidential bid in shame.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/09/11 08:26 PM

Those lazy goddamn soldiers...they should just get jobs like real 'Mericans and stfu.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/10/11 02:35 PM

There are bad seeds in every crowd, no matter what the cause for assembly is...and the bad ones in the OWS crowd are a very tiny minority that the talking heads on FauxNews and their online sycophants like to paint as the majority.

I have an acquaintance who is on Wall Street, and he said that there are foreign correspondents talking to organizers, picking up fliers, and sharing what's going on with their viewers back home...while most of the domestic "news" folks are videotaping the drum circles and hitting on the chicks.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/10/11 03:10 PM

[quote=Todd]There are bad seeds in every crowd, no matter what the cause for assembly is...and the bad ones in the TEA PARTY crowd are a very tiny minority that the talking heads on MSNBC and their online sycophants like to paint as the majority.

I have an acquaintance who is on Wall Street, and he said that there are foreign correspondents talking to organizers, picking up fliers, and sharing what's going on with their viewers back home...while most of the domestic "news" folks are videotaping the drum circles and hitting on the chicks.

Fish on...

Todd

How does that sound Todd?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/10/11 03:21 PM

Fine...were it true.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/10/11 08:15 PM

Big Brother is watching, below is an excerpt from the article linked below. This could explain some of the bone heads at these protests that have damaged property and were arrested!!!!

"Just like now, the police would shuttle folks from the alcohol tank and the psyche ward down to the protests, telling them that they will be fed and taken care of there. They employ a very creative form of social sabotage."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/vivianmcpeak/2...y-taking-notes/

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/11/11 06:23 PM

Colin Powell is a pretty smart guy.
You could say the same thing about Baseball, Chevrolet, and Republicans. (I'm sure I'm leaving out a couple of others.) wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/12/11 09:12 PM

"The GOP campaign to aid the wealthy has left America unable to raise the money needed to pay its bills."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...9#ixzz1dXzxgbTg

Uh Oh, the GOP outed by the press of being exactly what they are, whores for the wealthy!!! Who would have thunk it.....

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/12/11 09:39 PM

UH-Oh, the Repugnants are caught with their hand in the cookie Jar!

"Reagan's cadre of small-government conservatives, the resulting red ink could be a win-win. "We started talking about just cutting taxes and saying, 'Screw the deficit,'" Bartlett recalls. "We had this idea that if you lowered revenues, the concern about the deficit would be channeled into spending cuts."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...9#ixzz1dY72dkjd

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/12/11 10:17 PM

Mayor Fag Adams has ordered that the tents come down in Portland. Who knows what to expect? The Occupy "Government" insists they are non-violent meanwhile the cops are removing IEDs, Bricks and material used to reinforce positions (420 hotel).

I believe that thier is a core of "believers" who will be non violent and will be arrested. I also think their is going to be a huge battle with the Anarchists and other idiots witout a clue.

(Most of this gatered from this article http://www.katu.com/news/local/133712383.html)

This link would appear to be live TV of whatever occurs. (Might take some effort to get it to work) http://www.katu.com/news/live

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 01:40 AM

Is there supposed to be some kind of a point here or are we just supposed to imagine it like most of the other things you try to convey?

What a dumbass!

Fishy
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 02:08 AM

With regards to Colin Powell's statements, I really like this article:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/11/protesters-have-the-right-to-protest.html

Top Military Commander and Courts Support Right to Protest

In response to comments from those supporting the police crackdowns on peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional rights but violating local ordinances (see comments here), reader Purplemuse writes:

The Constitution supersedes local ordinances that are being used to OBSTRUCT 1st Amendment Rights. The camping ITSELF is in order to MAKE A STATEMENT – a First Amendment Right. Protesters are not camping because it is fun to expose yourself to the elements and hardship and you want to roast wienies and marshmallows and drink beer while swapping ghost stories.

Would you listen to Colin Powell, retired four-star general in the United States Army, Powell also served as National Security Advisor (1987–1989), as Commander of the U.S. Army Forces Command (1989) and as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1989–1993) when he says, “It isn’t enough just to scream at the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations. We need our political system to start reflecting this anger back into, ‘How do we fix it? How do we get the economy going again?’” He also states that the Occupy Wall Street Protests are “As American as Apple Pie.”

Does he go on to qualify his statement by saying, “as long as they obey local (misdemeanor) ordinances. No, he does not. He actually goes on to say that he “gets” it.

If a man, well above your rank, that you’d likely drop everything to stand up in a room to honor, “gets” that peaceful protests, by design (that’s why they are referred to as ‘civil disobedience’) infringe on ordinances and make the public uncomfortable in order to be heard, are as American as Apple Pie; do you think you could set your fear of disobedience aside long enough to defend those protesters against physical harm for exercising those American as Apple Pie Rights? If you can’t than I think you need to join the ranks of officers who simply “do as they are told” and jab petite women in the spleen with billy clubs (as in Berkeley) in order to incite a riot. (BTW: They did not succeed, Berkeley stood firm in determined peace).

Of course, it’s not just Powell. Veterans from every branch of the military – and across 3 generations – are coming out to support the “occupy” protests.

And in response to the Berkeley police saying that linking arms and resisting attempts to clear a space is an act of “violence”, reader David writes:

It is every citizen’s duty to resist false arrest

There is no such crime as “resisting arrest.” This is a fictitious crime dreamed up by law enforcement to accuse a citizen of a crime when they refuse to surrender to the illegal demands of the police.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled on numerous occasions that resisting a false arrest is not merely a citizen’s right, but his duty! In fact, the Supreme Court has gone so far as to rule that if a law enforcement officer is killed as a result of actions stemming from a citizen’s attempts to defend themselves against a false arrest, it is the fault of the officer, not the citizen.

Here’s a short collection of relevant court rulings on false arrest and resisting arrest:

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

Do individuals have the right to come to the aid of another citizens being falsely arrested? You bet they do. As another court case ruled:

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

And on the issue of actually killing an arresting officer in self defense:

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer’s life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

I believe that violence discredits the entire protest movement. I therefore hope that the protesters remain peaceful, even when confronted with unlawful arrests. However, as David points out, the police have no right to make unlawful arrests in the first place.
Posted by: cupo

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 04:19 AM

Maybe the protesters would have an easier time if they donated $4.6 million to the NYPD like JP Morgan did.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 06:02 AM

Are these the lazy good for nothing unemployed youth who should go and get a job?? "Unemployment tops 20 percent among 18-to-24-year-old veterans, compared with a national rate of about 9 percent, Department of Labor figures show. And the situation is expected to worsen after 10,000 service members return from Afghanistan and 46,000 come home from Iraq by year's end - many wounded or suffering from mental trauma."

Seattle Times link

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 07:14 AM

Seniors get socialism, young Americans get debt..................Horsey's take. I don't agree with him very often but do this time.............

Horsey cartoon

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 11:55 AM

The Problem: Criminalization of Dissent

Similarly, in response to DC protesters being struck by a car, police cited the protesters – instead of the driver – and then promised to “get tough” with the protesters.

The bigger issue is that dissent has become criminalized in modern America.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/11/r...s-unlawful.html

So the thought police are now in charge?

Parker-great article on Colin Powell.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 12:04 PM

Fishy

Yeah, Nice one Parker! rolleyes

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 12:22 PM

It's ok...I think Ryley stole it off my facebook page, anyway wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/14/11 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

Fishy

Yeah, Nice one Parker! rolleyes

BIG OOOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Then my connection went down so could not correct it, course NOBODY else saw it.

Sorry Sky Guy- Great article!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 10:29 AM

The ought to make the slimers pay the entire clean up bill.

Why? They don't make the dumbass's that get lost or skiers that go out of bounds or any number of dumbass's pay for their actions so why single out people during a civil disobedience?

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 10:57 AM

You can camp in my garden Hank... as soon as I spread more goat poop on it.
That would result in over fertilizing.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 11:18 AM

Goat poop. Damn I wish i had some.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 11:56 AM

The ought to make the slimers pay the entire clean up bill.

I think that's a fare request, just like wanting Wall Street to pay back every dime they took from the government bailout program.
And while were at it they can give back all the houses that were foreclosed on, and give back all the jobs that were lost.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 12:11 PM

Judge orders New York to allow protesters, tents, in park

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/15/us/new-york-occupy-eviction/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

smile

Let the games begin...

Fishy
Posted by: Vasiliy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 06:21 PM

Judge backs camping ban at Zuccotti Park. Win.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/nyregion/police-begin-clearing-zuccotti-park-of-protesters.html

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/15/11 11:44 PM

Goat Poop Party at 5th and Pine ends with flea bags pepper sprayed

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Occupy-S...-133930088.html

Please don't block traffic. It only makes people mad.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 12:07 AM

Corporations win again, OH Goody!!!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 12:08 AM

Hey! Time to celebrate people having their Constitutional rights stomped on! If we're lucky they'll ban guns next!

Yea?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 12:16 AM

I'm not sure the 1st applies to living in parks or the town square, chitting in public and on the public, but they do have the right to be heard.

I don't hate what these (some/most) folks are trying to accomplish. I understand their frustrations but they really gotta' get their chit together if they wanna' be takin' serious.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 01:08 AM

Freedom to assemble. Constitutional right not to be falsely arressted for peacefully assembling. One could argue that it's a person's duty to resist arrest if that right is being comprimised.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 12:49 PM

Chuck S.,

Perhaps you could enlighten us with the list of rules for legally protesting and demonstrating in the "right manner," in case some of us are a bit uncertain now with the court ruling and all.

Sg

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 12:57 PM

Step one, hang tea bags off your hat.

Step two, bring your firearm and wear it on your hip.

Step three, make an unintelligible sign with very poor spelling.

Step four, yell out "No Government Health Care!" while holding a sign that says "Hands off my Medicare!"...(I spelled that correctly for clarity, it would more than likely say "Hans off my Medocare!" or something like that.)

That...is how you protest in the "right manner".

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: gvbest

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 01:23 PM

Let me first admit that I havent been following this all that much (except the threads on here which can be dangerous) and I dont proclaim to know all the in's/out's of the 1st Amendment or much about the Laws.
So with that being said, if a public park or other gathering places is were the protesters sent up then to me it seems like it is ok (legal) but if those places have laws/rules (no camping, closing hours, ect) and the protesters violate those then are they not breaking the law? Also if in downtown Seattle they are blocking traffic doesn't the SPD have the responsibility and duty to act to keep the seen/area safe for all citizens?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 03:27 PM

An 84-year-old woman in Seattle has quickly become a face of the national Occupy Wall Street movement after Tuesday's photo went viral.

http://www.seattlepi.com/

Yeah this is truly something to be proud of, NOT!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 05:23 PM

UH OH, those TEA BAGGERS are not getting the message so these millionaires are bringing it to them.
Seems everybody gets it but the densest of us! smile

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes

They planned to take their message to members of the super committee, Tea Party Republicans including Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas and Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, and even anti-tax champion Grover Norquist.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/16/news/economy/tax_millionaires/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 05:33 PM

lifted from seattle PI
Protesters gathered in the intersection of 5th Avenue and Pine Street after marching from their camp at Seattle Central Community College in support of Occupy Wall Street. Many refused to move from the intersection after being ordered by police.

OK. Fine. Protest all you want. ON THE [censored] SIDEWALK! What right do you have to block a major thoroghfare and keep hundreds if not thousands of people from getting home. [censored] YOU!

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 05:37 PM

"Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes'

Think through this notion for just a second. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have both publically said this. However both have the opportunity to give their excess weath to the government but they do not. Warren gave his to Bill to invest and manage through PRIVATE enterprise. Then they went on a world wide blits to convince others to do the same. Why do they not give their money to the govenment to redistribute if they trust them so much to do the right thing with tax dollars?
truth is they will not pay anymore in taxes even if the govt raised their rates. But you will.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 06:38 PM

You mean it's not a problem with government spending to much money, but rather rich people not paying their fare share?
Oh like when we had a budget surplus?
How about we roll back the tax cuts and see what happens?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 06:47 PM

You miss the point completely. Why would Gates and almost all millionaires go to all of the trouble of setting up private charities if govt was either efficient or dealt with their money better than they could? Why would we need private charities at all if the govt was efficient at redistributing wealth? Roll back the tax incentives for private charities at the same time you tax the rich then let’s see what Gates ET all have to say. Force owners /operators of corporations to take income instead of deferring it in combination with above and then let’s hear what they have to say. It’s all a ruse , you pay more and they pay less.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 07:13 PM

I like to talk crap about those who give billions to charity.

That's what I like to do.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I like to talk crap about those who give billions to charity.

That's what I like to do.

They only do it because they are selfish sneaky bastiges who secretly want you to pay more tax. That's why they offer to pay more taxes. Did you see that white rabbit? Which pill makes you smaller?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 07:29 PM

No smack just facts. If Bill and Warren were honest about wanting to pay more tax all they have to do is stop deferring income and stop taking write downs for charitable contributions on their private income and quit with the shennanigans on the corp side as well.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 07:42 PM

Agreed.

They should only give billions to charity the way I want them to do it.

Their dishonesty is appalling.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
No smack just facts. If Bill and Warren were honest about wanting to pay more tax all they have to do is stop deferring income and stop taking write downs for charitable contributions on their private income and quit with the shennanigans on the corp side as well.

It's retards like you who have turned this country into the dump that it is. Why do you hate America so much?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 08:36 PM

DV, now your just toying with their minds.

AM, not that hard to understand here either!

It is not completely a spending problem, it is also a lack of REVENUE! It only takes a little research to see how the tax breaks have bankrupted this country and that needs to change. The hardest part for some will be admitting they were wrong.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 08:52 PM

They never will admit it...and even if they are dragged kicking and screaming into the light, and things improve, they'll still find some way to take credit for it.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:30 PM

"They didn't write the rules."

Simple rationalization and justifcation . Corporations did not write the ruless so you must be ok with them not paying taxes either? Collectively they give much more to charity than Billy and Warren?

By definition it is a spending problem what a bunch of stupid fuks. Spend more than you make and go try to borrow money from someone the first hing they will tell you is cut your spending because raising your income is what?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:35 PM

"They never will admit it...and even if they are dragged kicking and screaming into the light, and things improve, they'll still find some way to take credit for it."

You mean like you not admitting that your 1000+ mile fishing trip, your companies metal plating its lures and smelting lead is destructive to the environment? Or that your impact on wild fish mortality by pursuing catch and release is somehow beneficial to the species?

Does not someone here use the idiom pot, kettle, black?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:42 PM

"It's retards like you who have turned this country into the dump that it is. Why do you hate America so much?"

You don't travel much do ya Mcdumbfuk? No since reading when you can crack a beer, lite some reefer an comiserate with the other do nothing never been anywhere teenagers in the hood.

Go spend some time in Eastern Europe, Aisa and then tell us how much of a dump this country is. This is the greatest place on fuckin earth and if you lived anywhere else and were not a self absorbed, uneducated spoiled little piece of [censored] you would know it. On it worst day this country is too good for asshats like you.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:47 PM

No they don't they file bankruptcy, they defualt on their loans see mortgage melt down and record banko filings ,unemployment stats for proof.

You should try it. Sitting in your robe all day with a carton of smokes a pot of coffee pounding out diatribes to show off your HS education all day is not a life well lived.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:57 PM

Awesome.

We're back to the "if you don't live in a cave and eat dirt in the dark, you can't criticize anyone else" argument TheKing always employed.

Free TheKing!!

smile

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 09:58 PM

show me where I defended the tax cuts or the rich? I belive I never mentioned the tax cuts and I bashed the rich. But its not about having a point is it, its about running your yap?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:03 PM

I think it is about being a hypocrit and justifying your actions while you castigate the other guy for doing the same thing you are doing. That is the nature of a belief dependant reality. Carry on calling your self a free thinker and continue to tell us how smart your are.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TJ
tell us how smart your are.

rofl

So you'd be cool with it if my company just dumped our waste chemicals down the drain or into the dumpster rather than paying to have it properly disposed of? If you saw me dumping 5 gallons of Alodine down the storm drain near your house, you'd just sit there with your cakehole closed because you don't live in a cave and eat dirt, right?

Maybe you're just being a f'n goat like you always are.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:36 PM

There is a big difference between your kind and my kind. I will not sit here and pretend that that very thing is not happening on my behalf if I choose to use foreign made products or live a modern life while denouncing someone else for doing the same. Go to the fishing forums and look at all the hypos living in wooden homes in deforested neighborhoods driving on deforested roads, working in deforested commercial real estate flying and driving around the world fishing pounding out their diatribes on electrical devices supplied by dams complaining about how people on the olypen trying to make a life from logging. They all think they are pro-environment just because they think they care. Have them move into a 200 SF room in green communal building, sell the cars, boats and trucks and only eat foods or buy products sustainably grown within 100 miles then they are proving they care about the environment instead of jacking their jaws in a group of like-minded delusional’s. I deal everyday with people that live that life and they are real and I beeive they care because they prove it. That’s a far cry from your living in a cave straw man counter. Dan the Strawman try thinking for a change instead of talking.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:47 PM

Yeah, I whine and snivel all the time about the damage others do to the environment.

Or I don't, and you're just talking out your ass like you always do.

You wouldn't know a strawman if one was beating lumps into your skull.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:52 PM

So, Elvis, why aren't you pro-environment?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:53 PM

I know you DanStrawman, Small is not a condition of your altitude.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
show me where I defended the tax cuts or the rich? I belive I never mentioned the tax cuts and I bashed the rich. But its not about having a point is it, its about running your yap?

Instead of opening your mouth and letting the cow manure flow out you should at least do some research as to WHY there is a deficit and how it got to be so LARGE. Spending was not a big issue UNTIL tax cuts for the multi-corps, millionaires and billionaires.

And WOW, after reading the dribble that dropped out of your maw I had visions of BS. ( as in bigstick) but the other BS is just as apropos.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 11:18 PM

C'mon, Elvis, why aren't you pro-environment?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/16/11 11:19 PM

He wiped his ass with toilet paper once, so he's forever banned from having any opinions about how the environment is treated.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 10:45 AM

I just want to know why TJ is so irrational and angry. All he's doing is spewing rhetorical gibberish. Stop hating America, dude.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 10:50 AM

I guess maybe I don’t understand the world enough outside of my own life (which maybe can be true for most of us). If the plan is to disturb mass transit and protest in the middle of intersection (blocking or delaying people from going to and from work). Wouldn’t there effect actually slow down/prevent more of the 99% from getting to their place of employment or the ability to conduct their normal lives, vice really having any effect on the 1% (which I thought was what they were actually trying to do). I would think tactics like this would just bring a greater number of the 99% to think they are a nuisance and turn a deaf ear to their cause.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 11:47 AM

"Civil disobedience" is, by definition, a non-violent breaking of the rules or laws in order to bring attention to the issues at hand...and it's also one of the most American and democratic things you can do.

There's a reason why freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom to seek redress of grievances are all in the First Amendment.

'Course, plenty of folks think the Bill of Rights starts with Amendment Number Two...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 12:42 PM

So today these douchebags have a goal to shut down the NY subway system by bringing it to a halt.

- what if a woman about to go into labor is on that train and expecting to get to the hospital?
- What if someone is headed to the airport for an important flight out for a business meeting?

These sh!tstains are protesting anything ... they are just dirtbags with not enough to do while thinking its acceptable to cause impact to others private lives.

I hope the little pricks pull it off ... just long enough to see a wave of pepper spray litter the whole damn group wink

and after they are done crying ... hit the fk'ers again. At least for good measure grin

Chuck, look in the mirror, now there's a sh!stain douchebag.
Why don't you move to a third world country where they simply gun down dissenters?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 01:10 PM

Sure like the way these accepting libs show their real colors of acceptance. If I'm on my way home after 10 hours at work and they stop traffic so I can't get home I would do a little protesting of my own !!!
Posted by: grizz1

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 01:35 PM

Sure like the way these accepting libs show their real colors of acceptance. If I'm on my way home after 10 hours at work and they stop traffic so I can't get home I would do a little protesting of my own !!!

Pretty sure all the active duty and veterans out there didn't serve so you could get home from work ASAP.

It isn't about you and your inconvenience.

What? Sounds pretty angry.???

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 01:38 PM

Glad I supported the protesters cause it seems there are still to many too comfortable while working for the few so that they can have what we will not get, a comfortable retirement that does not get sold out, affordable health-care (Yeah the best country on the planet cannot afford health care) clean water, air and a bright future for our children and theirs.

Shame on anyone that does not see that these people are out there protesting for YOUR rights against the Profiteering, enslavement by the Multi-Corps whom have bought our elected officials, who has crafted legislation slanted to make the multi-corps win every time. If they don't we 99%ers just bail them out, some free market society we have here!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 01:40 PM

Up the revolution, if it impacts your pathetic lives then too bad!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:20 PM

Awww...you're five minutes inconvenienced because of people exercising their Constitutionally protected rights.

Let me think...what's more important?

I'll think on it a bit.

No, I won't.

Quit whining.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:23 PM

You're whining on the other thread about "excluding hunters from BLM land!", which, of course, it's not...but...

The noise and mess pisses me off...but I should have to deal with it, because you're a right wing fruitcake.

The protesters piss you off...but you shouldn't have to deal with it...because you're a right wing fruitcake.

That's the kind of hypocrisy that the right is all about, all the time...and why I continually note that they think the Bill of Rights starts at the Second Amendment.

Hurry! Take all the money you would have sent to Newt and send it to the NRA before you lose your right to leave three hundred empty shells next to a bunch of shot up trees on public land!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:24 PM

Maybe this will be the start of the flood...finally some of the crooks are being indicted...

http://www.dylanratigan.com/2011/11/17/h...nancial-crisis/

Hey Occupy, Surprise! Actual Indictments for the Financial Crisis!
November 17, 2011

Gary Trafford

Gerri Sheppard

See these pictures? Those are the first people indicted for the fraud in the mortgage mess, Gary Trafford and Gerri Sheppard.

Yesterday, Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto threw the book at these people, with 606 felony and gross misdemeanor charges for supervising the “robo-signing” of documents to speed forecloses on Nevada residences. (You can read the full indictment here.)

”The grand jury found probable cause that there was a robo-signing scheme which resulted in the filing of tens of thousands of fraudulent documents with the Clark County Recorder’s Office between 2005 and 2008,”said Chief Deputy Attorney General John Kelleher. The indictment alleges that both defendants directed the fraudulent notarization and filing of documents which were used to initiate foreclosure on local homeowners.

These are mid-level employees for a company called Lender Processing Services, a medium size company with over 8000 employees. But it’s not a bank. It’s not Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan. So why is this so important? Because LPS is a contractor to banks, and it handled a good chunk of the foreclosures around the country. If your mortgage goes into default, there’s a good chance that your servicer would hand over your file to LPS, who would then initiate foreclosure proceedings. That these people are charged with forging paperwork suggests that the foreclosures themselves might not be legal, and that the banks may not actually have originated the mortgages properly. After all, why not just do the paperwork properly if you have the right to foreclose?

The idea here is that Trafford and Sheppard flip on their superiors, in return for lenient sentences. This is how you get up the chain of command to find out how far the fraud went. It’s also how you clarify the sequence of events, with input from the ground troops that were ordered to commit the acts.

And if it’s the case that these mortgages were problematic in the first place, then the problem hits Wall Street squarely. It flows back into the bundling of mortgage-backed securities, because it means investors were sold bundles of bad mortgages. This could unwind the whole rotten chain of events going back down the housing bubble.

That’s the theory, anyway. For now, it’s mug shots and 606 felony and misdemeanor charges against two mid-level employees who helped foreclose on a lot of families.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:30 PM

[quote=Chuck S.

It isnt about our active duty and vets either.

[/quote]

I think your wrong Chuck, it's all about active duty and veterans, and their sacrifices to protect our Constitution.
If you had served your country you'd already know that.
How about US History 101? You must have taken that class, it was required at OSU, you don't seem to recall any of the really important points.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:56 PM

Everyone knows that the First Amendment only applies to Tea Baggers and the NRA...*that's* what our soldiers are fighting for...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 02:58 PM

Your a duck Freespool so the bar isnt set all that high, really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street

Try again wink

Sorry Chuck my parents were not related, I'm a Beaver, not a Hole.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 03:00 PM

I'm a vet and I fully support the wall street protesters! smile

smile smile

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 03:01 PM

Just like the right wing fruitcakes that think *real* patriots should be storming the White House with Uzis right now...defenders of the First Amendment (which, besides allowing FauxNews to exist, also allows the hateful and hilarious right wing religious zealots to spew) agree that exercising your First Amendment rights thru civil disobedience is not just a right, but a duty, when required.

As I noted before..."civil disobedience" is the non-violent breaking of laws that are subordinate to your First Amendment rights, which are pretty damn high on the scale.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 03:06 PM

I'm a retired vet and I also support this movement, because special interests are ruining America.
Somebody said that about 20 years ago.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 03:47 PM

What law was passed to control and prevent the protests taking place in the middle of the street or trying to stop the transit system? If I hang out in the middle of the intersection or loiter on the subway tracks, I am sure I will be ticketed/arrested for something (if I dont get hit by a car/train first).
I don't have a problem with them protesting, as it is thier right to do, a right I swore to uphold/defend (I have been in the Military for over 21 years).
I just can't see how being a inconvience to more of the 99%er's than they are to the 1%er's is going to help them gain a bigger following (I guess it might just be a narrow view on my part, I have never protested so maybe I just don't understand).

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 04:27 PM

[quote=Chuck S

Is this difficult to comprehend?

[/quote]

Judging from your responces, I'd say yes it is a very difficult concept to comprehend.
Your completely missing the boat on this one Chuck, think Vietnam War protests.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 04:29 PM

[When these demonstrators try and act above the law you seem to think that is a method of free speech rofl

Yes, it very well may be...just because a city, county, state, or the federal government has passed a law that doesn't mean it's Constitutional...and even if it is, that doesn't mean it ought not be ignored in the furtherance of civil disobedience, one of the most American, democratic, and Constitutional forms of free speech and paradigm change.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 08:06 PM

Natives are restless in Little Beirut, 35 arrested, traffic snarled, many banks closed.
Gee I think these people are serious.
Up the revolution.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 09:29 PM

rofl

Still laughing ........

This could be the end of the Republican party as we know know it today.
The end of special interests buying elections, tax breaks for the wealthy, funny stuff.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/17/11 10:59 PM

Freespool ... you really dont think either party is different do you?

Neither of them give a rats ass what you or I need or want.

Honesty Chuck, which party do you think will align it's self with the protesters?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 12:33 AM

Kinda like T-baggers, right Chuck?

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 11:33 AM

" up the revolution"
Careful what you wish for. You may get it and be fodder for the carrion eaters.
I don't understand the need for a disagreement about whatever to degenerate into a juvenile trash mouth name calling contest. One
might expect adults to have enough vocabulary to express them-
selves without the gratuitious gutter language.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 02:51 PM

F' you Illyrian wink kidding

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 02:56 PM

I am sure glad they didn't block the Montlake Bridge. I can only imagine how much ill will that would generate.

Do you think the Old Lady got pepper sprayed on purpose? Now she is some kind of Hero. They put a face on this stupidity.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 05:29 PM

Lol. That's Ok Gutz, I got no time for romance anyhow.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 10:07 PM

Billionaires Use Tax Loophole To Lower Their Tax Rates To 1 Percent

In 2009, 1,470 households reported income of more than $1 million but paid no federal income tax on it, through their use of various tax loopholes and shelters. Tax rates for millionaires have fallen by 25 percent since the mid-’90s, while one quarter of millionaires currently pay lower tax rates than the average middle-class household.

The tax code is full of provisions that help the very wealthy, like the pernicious carried interest loophole or the preferential treatment of investment income. And the end result is a tax code that advantages the 1 percent over the 99 percent.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/18/372346/billionaires-loopholes-one-percent-tax/

This sucks!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/18/11 10:19 PM

Former JPMorgan Banker: Exploiting Consumers Is ‘The Purpose Of The Banking Organization’

Wall Street banks, largely spared from the economic ruin felt by millions of Americans since the financial crisis of 2008, have returned to profitability, generating higher profits in the two-and-a-half years since the crisis than they did in nearly eight years preceding it.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 08:42 AM

At this moment we are passing through a period of great unrest-social, political, and industrial unrest. It is of the utmost importance for our future that this should prove to be not the unrest of mere rebelliousness against life, of mere dissatisfaction with the inevitable inequality of conditions, but the unrest of a resolute and eager ambition to secure the betterment of the individual and the nation.

So far as this movement of agitation throughout the country takes the form of a fierce discontent with evil, of a determination to punish the authors of evil, whether in industry or politics, the feeling is to be heartily welcomed as a sign of healthy life.

If, on the other hand, it turns into a mere crusade of appetite against appetite, of a contest between the brutal greed of the "have nots" and the brutal greed of the "haves," then it has no significance for good, but only for evil. If it seeks to establish a line of cleavage, not along the line which divides good men from bad, but along that other line, running at right angles thereto, which divides those who are well off from those who are less well off, then it will be fraught with immeasurable harm to the body politic.
-Theodore Roosevelt, “The Man with the Muck-rake” 1906

I think these words resonate more today then ever.

Just as the 1% shouldn’t be able to determine the winners and the losers neither should the 99%. The challenge is hunting down and removing those intent on evil-power and greed-while embracing those who truly do have the best interest of America for all, be them in business, politics or on the streets and regardless of which side of the aisle one sits.

And with the wonderful leaders we have, both in power and on the sidelines, good luck with that frown .

We have got to get back to a point where politics is the exchange if idea's with the goal of a better government for all, as opposed to where we are today where politics is the art of raising the most money and power with the goal of "winning!"

And this is why I support the WSM. Whether I agree with them or not, or even understand their message, at least it is engaging people to discuss the roll of politics in todays society! I think we all know where we stand based on approval ratings but now the question becomes what are we going to do about it???

And sadly that question will ba answered as usual. March on down to the polling station and re-elect everyone or blindly choose those with a "D" or an "R" next to their name beathead

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 08:47 AM

"I hope the people on Wall Street will pay attention to the people on Main Street. If they do, they will see there is a rising tide of confidence in the future of America."
- Ronald Reagan

They didn't.

Actualy they did. They took that confidence and used it to put billions in their pockets frown And then when their pyramid scheme came tumbling down the politicians bailed them out frown

see sig line below smile

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 08:56 AM

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them." Ronald Reagan

Man isn't that the truth!

The oppressed get to pay for the oppressors mistakes.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 12:46 PM

News this AM: Some agitator was passing out stick, stones clubs etc
at the latest Oakland outrage. Peaceful Ne' Wonder if he would pass
out firearms if he could get em.
Scum.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 02:04 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlenzne...-capital-gains/

Interesting article

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 02:18 PM

"It’s crystal clear that the Bush tax reduction on capital gains and dividend income in 2003 was the cutting edge policy that has created the immense increase in net worth of corporate executives, Wall St. professionals and other entrepreneurs".

I'd like to hear a rebuttal that refutes that statement.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 05:47 PM

They deserve it because they work so hard and they will invest the immense increases in net worth in creating so many new jobs that the economy will skyrocket and the national dept will be completely paid off. Every one will become millionaires.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Keta
They deserve it because they work so hard and they will invest the immense increases in net worth in creating so many new jobs that the economy will skyrocket and the national dept will be completely paid off. Every one will become millionaires.

and then we'll follow the yellow brick road, follow, follow, follow,follow the the yellow brick road......Oh sorry thought this was a fantasy!

Ask a single mother how hard she works!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 09:14 PM

I think Keta's sarcasm was missed.............

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/20/11 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I think Keta's sarcasm was missed.............

I got it, just playin along! smile

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/21/11 05:15 AM

Watching some news tonight...The thing I find odd is the collective repetition of statements at these occupy protests, which are reminiscent of mind control techniques. Repeat after me, over and over until you believe whatever I say. Then go tell someone else.
Ditch the mind manipulating chants and well go home, because that does no good, is making no difference, and giving your mind away. What are you, lower-grade school kids repeating what teacher says? My god, you are bloody adults. What are you doing?

I'm not against the spirit of this movement, but it needs leadership and a better strategy IMO,... and less mind controlling-esque repetition of a bunch of bullsh!t at random.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/21/11 03:12 PM

Collective repetition like the tea partiers? Collective repetition like the Republican party?

These people represent all those that cannot or will not get out and protest the inequities of our politics,corporations and influential that have used their Collective power to degrade this countries middle class into a third world nation without affordable health care ( insurance companies rule legislation), decent pensions, livable wages,deceit, corruption and outright lying by Corporations, Executives, Bankers, Financial insiders and just about everyone else that has any power over those in the working classes.

Collective repetition has led us into the abyss, the masses are just now getting on board with this collective action!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/22/11 04:32 PM

I think Newt Gingrich layed it pretty succinctly -

“The Occupy movement starts with the premise that we all owe them everything,” Gingrich said. “They take over a public park they didn’t pay for, they use nearby bathrooms they didn’t pay for to obstruct those who are going to work to pay for the taxes to sustain the bathroom to sustain the park so they can self righteously explain that they are the paragons of virtue to which we owe everything,” Gingrich added.

“That is a pretty good symptom of how much the left has collapsed as a moral system in this country and why you need to reassert something as simple as saying to them, ‘go get a job right after you take a bath,” the former House Speaker said.

I think now that there is probably a "1%" within the Occupy movement. A "1%" who really think they can change something. The other 99% of them are the ones that Newt refers to.

PS source was not Fox news

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/22/11 04:39 PM

PS source was not Fox news
I sure hope it was satire.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/22/11 04:58 PM

Gutz - If you REALLY think that Newt "layed it out pretty succinctly" with that quote... then I submit that you are much "harder right" in your political views than you give yourself credit for. wink

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/22/11 05:45 PM

For real, for real. Newt is the same guy that yesterday called child labor laws "stupid". He implied they are keeping the poor, poor. Stew on that for a while and think about who TRULY benefits from such things and who does not.

I would also question several aspects of Newt's Occupy analysis. First, to say that, "They take over a public park they didn’t pay for..." isn't entirely accurate. Who does Newt think paid for that park? The government? With OUR money.

Second, whether he knows it or not, he seems to have fallen for the idea that most of the Occupy protesters are basically some combination of homeless, barbaric, unhygienic, silver-spoon kids, that have no interest in working. I'd imagine there are some people there that may represent those things but the MAJORITY of the people are simply NOT that. Contrary to what Newt seems to believe, those people aren't Obama or Democratic party supporters. They are most likely opponents of the status quo and moreso of the Republican party which has, for quite a while now, obviously favored large business, anti-labor regulations, the military industrial complex, and special interests rather than the populace at large.

As a friend of mine recently said, "Societies need their middle class and they need that middle class to buy cars and TV's and watch football. When you take that away, they will get restless. In this case, some people got too greedy and now you see the result of the squeeze."

-AP

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/24/11 12:22 PM

I wonder just how much all these Republican shenanigans have cost tax payers?

But hey we all have money to burn!

in order to reach the spending-reduction levels proposed by allegedly sane GOP candidates like Mitt Romney, you'd have to zero out nearly everything the federal government does except for defense, Medicare, and Social Security.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/10/republicans-job-creation-kill

The evidance verifies that Americans for Tax Reform exercised unconstitutional authority to takeover the U.S. government with its "binding contract"

ATR claims to represent American taxpayers, but ATR's main contributers are not your average taxpayers; on the contrary, they're actually uber rich TAX-DODGERS, and ATR is their lobbying group!

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2011/04/reality-fact-part-i-taxpayer-protection-pledge-coup-d%C3%A9tat

The Job Killers
Why are Republicans determined to snuff the recovery?

Republicans set the nation's budget on track to flip from surplus to deficit by passing a giant tax cut and hiding the fiscal implications. Then, in 2011—after forcing an extension of that same tax cut—Republicans were shocked, shocked to discover the ballooning deficit and demanded immediate, drastic spending reductions.

And the same charade has been playing out in state capitals, where governors like Wisconsin's Scott Walker and Ohio's John Kasich slashed taxes, created deficits, and then found it necessary to decimate public services.

So do Republicans truly want to end deficits? No, or they would have paid for the 2001 tax cuts.

It's hard to believe that some of our political leaders would be willing to wreak havoc with Americans' lives and businesses, yet every day that conclusion becomes harder to escape.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/24/11 03:08 PM

connect the dots......

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/24/11 03:28 PM

Think how much the city could have saved if they would have just set up porti-potties for the protesters and left them alone.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/24/11 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: goharley
Think how much the city could have saved if they would have just set up porti-potties for the protesters and left them alone.

Exactly!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/25/11 12:21 AM

Nothing smells better than a burning porta potty. Oh, never mind, that wouldn't happen.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/25/11 07:32 AM

Pretty weak!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/25/11 05:02 PM

AM, it is truly sad to hear how ones life unravels around them while trying to do their best and playing by the rules. Those rules have been slanted in the corps favor for so long that some forget how its supposed to be.

People need to have livable wages, pensions that they can live on, health care that does not bankrupt them or their grand-kids, an education without decades of loans, representation that is not beholden to a lobbyist, corporation or other special interest and to know that if that company is not going to act responsibly our representatives will!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 02:46 PM

Hanky has been so involved in these Occupy movements since nearly the beginning. I'm beginning to think he's not only a closet supporter of the movement, but is actually one of the key organizers in SF.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 03:24 PM

I was appraising a house last week for a guy who happens to be in HR at Boeing. We were chatting a little bit and the discussion came around to hiring people. I was asking him questions about what Boeing is looking for in employees as I have a 21 year old nephew who is sort of looking for a job. This gentleman told me that Boeing is having 2 issues in hiring. 1) English as a first language is an issue. The minorities that they hire, particularly Asian and Russian, are great workers but by not speaking English they are very hard to communicate with, and 2) Boeing is having trouble finding younger people who want to work. It seems that many younger people get hired and figure out that they will have to work second shift. They last about 6 weeks and they quit because they cannot spend the time they want with girlfriends/boyfriends and their social lives. I found it interesting and it all brought me back to my 21 year old nephew. He should be in his junior year of college but after 2.5 years he doesn't have his AA yet. He is employed by Lowes but only works 16 hours a week because his girlfriend, who isn't gainfully employed, goes mental every time he is at work and not with her. My wife's company was hiring for warehouse employment and the starting pay was around $13 a hour. Nephew was interested and my wife got him an application. He didn't turn it in "because he didn't have enough gas in his truck to get to Fife". He lived 2 doors away from us and could have returned it to my wife or applied online.

Unfortunately, I think we have created a large population of young people who cannot or will not get enough motivation to improve themselves and it all starts with being dependable, getting out of bed, and showing up on time. Work ethic is slipping away slowly and when I see statements like this one: "People need to have livable wages, pensions that they can live on, health care that does not bankrupt them or their grand-kids, an education without decades of loans, representation that is not beholden to a lobbyist, corporation or other special interest and to know that if that company is not going to act responsibly our representatives will!" it makes me wonder why the other side of the coin doesn't get the air time it deserves. Namely, establishing a work ethic at a young age, responsibility for your own actions, and actually learning something that will benefit yourself and society.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 03:31 PM

Moronic Tea Party Pledge "Just Say No To Job Creation"

What a stupid bloody pledge as with most small business owners I am looking to expand our offer, and when I can, employ more people, in this economy one cannot afford to stand still. So, correct me if I am wrong; what the Tea Party is asking me to do is to cut my own throat so they can gloat just how bad the economy has become?

Really? Nitwits.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/21...To-Job-Creation

Sean Penn accuses Tea Party of racism

Speaking on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight on Friday, the same show upon which Morgan Freeman said the organisation was fuelled by a desire to "do whatever we do to get this black man ... outta here" last month, Penn went even further in his vilification of the political group.

"I don't think there's any doubt about it," he said. "If you ask any representative of the Tea Party, 'OK, social security, socialist, get rid of it?' they're going to get very confused. At the end of the day, there's a big bubble coming out of their heads, saying, 'Can we just lynch him?'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/17/sean-penn-tea-party-racism

The tea party movement is rife with racists. It’s also, despite assertions to the contrary, a structured movement with direct ties to white nationalist groups that’s growing and here to stay. These are the findings of a 94 page report released last week by The Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights, which was backed by the NAACP. The only part that’s shocking is that the report is necessary to establish such plain truths.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/10/the_tea_party_is_racist.html

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 05:14 PM

RWNJBS nobody can beat them at clowning just watch the next debate.

We get popcorn and watch the comedy routine every time there is a Tea pub debate, better than any hollywood script.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 06:35 PM

...much like the Tea Party disposes of the most radical wackos in their midst.

I'm assuming you forgot to put the "just fuckin kidding" after that comment...if the TeaBaggers got rid of all the most radical in their midst all they'd have left is two or three seniors drooling in their Cheerios...and they still will think that we should do away with National Health Care, but keep our hands off their Medicare!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 06:43 PM

Sean Penn? dailykos? YGTBFKM.
Think of it as a "fair and balanced" approach to you plagiarizing Charles Krauthammer.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/26/11 10:30 PM

DBA says--it makes me wonder why the other side of the coin doesn't get the air time it deserves. Namely, establishing a work ethic at a young age, responsibility for your own actions, and actually learning something that will benefit yourself and society.

21 year old slackers are and were part of our society and have been for every since I can remember.
Equating what I said with your slacker nephew is like comparing apples and lobster.

Most people at OWS sites are older and have become disenfranchised by Corporations that use and abuse them, politicians that are employed by the corporations thus being protected during elections, Millionaires and Billionaires that invest in those corps and thus affect the legislation that those corps buy and pay for.

When the cotton milling companies tried to enslave workers there were strikes. When the coal companies tried to enslave their workers there were strikes. When the newspapers tried to enslave their workers there were strikes.
Corporate behavior has become so pervasive that this is a mass strike on how much power and influence they have acquired, but its also because they have bought and paid for the worst politicians that money can buy.

Other side of the coin, my ass. There will always be those that won't,can't or have not been given the tools to succeed.

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/27/11 03:45 AM

"Most people at OWS sites are older and have become disenfranchised by Corporations that use and abuse them, politicians that are employed by the corporations thus being protected during elections, Millionaires and Billionaires that invest in those corps and thus affect the legislation that those corps buy and pay for."

That statement does not appear to be true as the 2 surveys taken pertaining to OWS indicate that 50to 60% of the participants are less than 30 years old. Today's 21 year old slacker stands a pretty good chance of becoming the next decades OWS camper.

I stand by the example of my nephew as a growing condition that we face in this country and I have no reason to believe that a HR person from Boeing would fabricate a story like that one just for the fun of it. I realize that there has been and always will be "slackers" but there is also a growing sense of entitlement in this country that is alarming.

During the height of the real estate boom a few years ago I used to get 2-3 phone calls a week from various people who would express interest in becoming a real estate appraiser. They would want to know what the process for becoming one was and when I would explain to them that they would have to take some classes and do 3 years of appraisal work (2500 hrs of appraisal) under the guidance of a certified appraiser (at a 50/50 fee split) and then take and pass the state exam. Just about every one suddenly had a change of heart. A lot of people today just don't want to start out on the bottom and put in the time that it takes to succeed and they don't have the work ethic that is required either.

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/27/11 11:53 AM

DBA--50to 60% of the participants are less than 30 years old.----

So given the margin of error my statement is correct.

---I stand by the example of my nephew----

I've no doubt your nephew is a slacker but there has,is and probably will always be slackers. Someone is always looking to get over by doing nothing. Look at our politicians.

------Just about every one suddenly had a change of heart-------

I had lots of people see my success as a contractor and wanted to be one also, but after telling them all of the time I put in as an apprentice and work as a journeyman before I became a contractor and then testing for the contractors license, the insurance and bonding there was also a sudden change of interest.
Again people are always looking for ways to get by with just the minimum amount of effort.

Now on with the Revolution!!!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/27/11 04:48 PM

Again people are always looking for ways to get by with just the minimum amount of effort.

I agree with that and when they dont ... they cry like little babies and go and become whining, sniveling Tea Baggers that are beholden to some DC lobbyist

wink

There fixed it for you!

Fishy

Re: Wall Street Protest - 11/27/11 05:57 PM

SSF---"Again people are always looking for ways to get by with just the minimum amount of effort."

See example above......

Fishy

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 11/27/11 06:39 PM

A union worker, a member of the Tea Party, and a CEO are sitting at a table.
In the middle of the table there is a plate with a dozen cookies on it.
The CEO reaches across the table, takes 11 cookies, looks at the Tea
Partier and says:
"Look out for that union guy, he wants a piece of your cookie."

smile

The tea party nation announced last week that Sarah Palin will headline what is being called the first national tea party convention in February. It is expected to be the nation's largest ever gathering of misspelled signs." –Seth Meyers

"Some Americans did a very dumb thing today. They had tea party protests. They've been mailing tea bags to Congress to I guess express their dissatisfaction with taxes and government spending because nothing shakes a politician up like a complimentary bag of tea. 'Hey if you don't straighten up next year, crumpets, buddy.'" –Jimmy Kimmel

"A lot of protests today. Thousands of people had these tea parties, during which they protested higher taxes. But here in LA, it was called the Green Herbal Double Decaf Tea Party." –Jay Leno

"This is like the Boston tea party for people that decided, let's say, I don't know, two and a half months ago, that they didn't want to pay taxes anymore. The tea party is just a metaphor [on screen: a Fox News reporter pointing to boxes at one of the tea parties containing a million tea bags]. Let me get this straight. To protest wasteful spending, you bought a million tea bags. Are you protesting taxes or irony?" –Jon Stewart, on the tea party protests

"The floor of a cave called. It wants its bat [censored] back." –Bill Maher on Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)

Fishy

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 11/27/11 09:11 PM

Somethingsmellsf has got be the biggest cry baby on this BB. Snivel whine and bitch is all she knows. rofl

cryriver

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 11/27/11 09:43 PM

Wrong again kiddies! I worked for everything I ever got and have always made my own way. Just don't have blinders on to the inequities that surround us.
Oh and your wrong on the gender too!

Up the revolution!!!

Fishy
Posted by: Salmonella

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/01/11 05:06 PM

Adam Carolla absolutely freakin nails it!

kneel

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/01/11 05:23 PM

Fly Fly away. rofl

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/02/11 12:25 AM

Wow, all this intelligence in one spot, you guys should all be Republican nominees!

Fishy

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/02/11 01:15 AM

Wow, all this intelligence in one spot, you guys should all be Republican nominees!

Fishy

With all due respect to the Republican Clownfest Nominees...and without sounding too deferential to our own crop of RWWJ's here on PP...

*Most* of the RWWJ's here are actually too smart to hit the stage with Perry, Romney, Cain, Bachmann, or Santorum...the TeaBaggers would scream bloody murder.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/02/11 11:44 AM

Need some draftees, not nominees. Where's Iacocca when you need
him?

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/02/11 11:58 AM

That Adam Carolla fella obviously has read the Dune series. He used the
term, 'no globe', a give away.

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/03/11 02:33 PM

"..,slide down my cellar door" and we'll be jolly friends for evermore.
Cain has too many playmates.

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/03/11 09:57 PM

There's dumb asses everywhere just look at your presidential nominees! smile

Fishy

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/04/11 11:18 AM

There's dumb asses everywhere just look at our presidential nominees! smile

Fishy

The truth can be extracted by the simple elimination of a single letter.

If the D's think their offering is top notch.....the bar is too low.....way too low.
In a race of idiots, guess which idiot will win?
does it matter?

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/04/11 03:10 PM

This is a laughin riot. We got KK and Aunty M defining what political
acumen should be. Gawd how silly. Neither has the brain Mother
Nature gave a goose. Somewhat less even.

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/04/11 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Illyrian
This is a laughin riot. We got KK and Aunty M defining what political
acumen should be. Gawd how silly. Neither has the brain Mother
Nature gave a goose. Somewhat less even.

Keta.....where did that goose go? rofl

Uh Oh, there I go being clever again. Toddler and Ranty will again be taxed to the max. KK? Leader of the banned? "Fly chucker, goat ......" Say what? rofl

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/04/11 05:46 PM

I guess a thank you is due Aunty Moo. Calling me an idiot is praise
indeed from a cretin such as yourself.
Better to be an old idiot than not.
Merry Christmas to you Aunty. Hope you can find some happiness
to assuage your pain.

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/05/11 03:07 PM

It's almost like you are syaing that the 1% have gotten a good education and worked for what they have. Preposterous!

Occupy the Survey!

(ps nice survey, I like how they post sample size and other details, unlike some other surveys recently refered to.)

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/05/11 03:09 PM

It's almost like you are syaing that the 1% have gotten a good education and worked for what they have. Preposterous!

Occupy the Survey!

(ps nice survey, I like how they post sample size and other details, unlike some other surveys recently refered to.)

If they made college free than everybody could be a 1%er.

Re: 'Occupy Oakland' Hosts Gay Porn Video Shoot - 12/05/11 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Gutz

Paris Hilton and I got a little laugh from that one right there.