UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL

Posted by: Dan S.

UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 01:26 PM

Big-name hires on the defensive side for Washington. Looks like Sark may have a clue about how to get the Huskies back in the hunt for the P12. I think our offense is there - our D still has a long way to go.

Chris Polk decides to go pro. Good for him. This kid is an animal - he works hard, hits hard, and will make a great back for some NFL team. Congratulations, Chris - Dawgs everywhere will miss seeing you on the field at Montlake.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 01:42 PM

Anyone whose team got shut out by a Nick Holt defense should probably just STFU. It's not going to get better for you............. your wierdo pirate notwithstanding.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 01:58 PM

Jessie Callier laughs at your stupid Cooger arse. And don't forget that we swiped Sankey from WSU and he looks pretty good, too.

Polk will be missed, but there are solid replacements in the pipeline. It will just be a new name hanging yards up all over the Coogers with their new pirate eye patches.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 02:45 PM

We're all very impressed with your pirate. rofl

Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 03:41 PM

Well done Dan, and you saved fire for later.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Butt Pirate Power !!

Fixed.

smile

Newt Gink of the PAC 12
Posted by: The Catcherman

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 04:58 PM

Well, I'm excited...not as excited as when they kicked Tye to the curb but excited nonetheless. Glad they got started on replacements right away. That should help with recruiting. Sorry to see Polk go but I'm excited to see how well he adjusts to the NFL.

I went back and reviewed Holt's history. I never did see where he did much to earn such a reputation and salary. I mean come on, Idaho? He was 5-18! It is not like I disliked the guy or anything but if you are going to be pulling in the kind of salary he got at UW, you got to perform...and he didn't.

Enough of that, here's looking at 2012. Hopefully the basketball team can keep improving.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 05:06 PM

I like both hires.

As far as Polk, well said Dan S. He has nothing else to prove. Good luck in the NFL!
Posted by: DBAppraiser

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 06:22 PM

Its been a big week at UW: Had to clean house on the defense, lost out on some high profile recruits, and got pummeled on nation tv.

Meanwhile, the Pirate of the Palouse has been mining Texas, Florida and other parts in the Southeast lining up recruits.

As much as I hate to say it, I tend to agree with Chuck: Polk would look pretty good along side Beastmode here in Seattle next year as a 3rd to 5th round pick.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser

Meanwhile, the Pirate of the Palouse has been mining Texas, Florida and other parts in the Southeast lining up recruits.

No worries mateys, argh !
Closet time builds character !

Posted by: snit

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 07:37 PM

I hope the new coaches work out. Good to see my cuzz back in the Northwest!
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 07:41 PM

I bet Holts fate was sealed some time back....before both WIAA 4A & 3A title games were played. It was only obvious & disgusting how Starky allowed Holt to suck his @ss on the side lines. smile

Mf

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 07:59 PM

There goes DD the Duck projecting again.............

Fawk...that's too deep.

What is clear though is....
Pondcrapper interception and I think I have a boner !

Damn, these dairy boys are tough !

42 - 38 Quackers
But it ain't over.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S
MF - this coming from a team who could only celebrate after finally beating a D 2 team ... and barely at that.

Delusions fk'ers rofl

Don't knock Eastern, they were re-loading..... smile

Mf

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:05 PM

Doesn't anybody play f'n defense any more?

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:11 PM

Defense is no longer allowed in Bowl games, NCAAA edict.

They're playin' good defense.
You just saw a helluva stop by Oregon.
These two offenses are hard to stop by any defense.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:30 PM

Wisconsin fumble.....Oregon recovers.
It's Oregon's to fuk up now.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:36 PM

The BCS got it right LSU, Ala. II.

Mf

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Only a badger would try to spike the ball with .02 left

rofl

Damn.
I almost thought that there should have been one second left.
But had it stopped at the top of 2 or the bottom of 2....
They said the bottom of 2.

Monkey's off.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 08:47 PM

That's one old f'n monkey, too. rofl

As much as I hate to say it, that was a solid win by the Ducks. thumbs

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
That's one old f'n monkey, too. rofl

95 year old monkey.
Next season it would have been a gorilla.
Posted by: tydy

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/02/12 09:28 PM

Ever hear of a guy named Bishop Sankey? We stole him from you guys. He was partially committed to WSU until he visited and met the coaches. He's a spokane kid who's gonna tear it up given the chance in 2012. A healthy Keith Price will be even better next year.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/03/12 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: stam
....the disappointment that will be the 2012 ducks.

Looks like they will be able to reload even if they lose LJ.
The Black Mamba will be a soph.

Stanford looks like it will return to being Stanford.
USC will be the only challenge for the quackers.

Rooting for the Spoiled Children just ain't right grin

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/03/12 11:27 AM

Hopefully they know what they're doing with the Wilcox hire.
TN has been a doormat in the SEC.

The BSU record doesn't count. Wilcox will have to rise up to where he hasn't been before.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/03/12 10:54 PM

I find it ironic that the Huskies are going with the Oregon ex-jocks. The only teams that seem to play defense anymore are in the SEC. They used to play defense in the Pac 10 back in the 90s. Leach says he'll select his defensive coordinator within the next two weeks. Congrats to the Ducks on the RB win as I hate the Big Ten. Nice helmets too.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/03/12 11:30 PM

Do you find it ironic that you goats play football in a stadium named after a Husky?

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Do you find it ironic that you goats play football in a stadium named after a Husky?

You call that football? Just wait until Leach installs the Air Raid offense in the Palouse.

Just remember the Huskies try to play basketball in a gym named after a Vandell born and raised in a suburb of Pullman.
Posted by: Todd

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman

Just remember the Huskies try to play basketball in a gym named after a Vandell born and raised in a suburb of Pullman.

What the fukk is a Vandell? One of Martha Reeves' backup singers?

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Nope...I think they were the "Vandellas".

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 12:24 AM

A Vandell? Never heard of it...........but Hec Edmundson wasn't a Cooger.

A suburb of Pullman? WTF is that...........a barn?

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 01:08 AM

So are the Fusky defenders wearing green and yellow jocks next season or green and yellow skirts? I'm sure their fat little girlfriends or boyfriends would like that alot.

asshat

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 10:42 AM

I bet your boyfriend would like it a lot if you weren't retarded.
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman

asshat

yes...you are one
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 02:50 PM

You might sneak this by someone who doesn't pay attention to recruiting, but this is a pretty lame statement. Out of the 4 guys from the South currently verbally commited to WSU. Only one of them has offers (2) from BCS schools. It's pretty easy to get kids up to WSU when you are only recruiting against the likes of Southern University.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/04/12 10:37 PM

So long Polk. Good luck.

Mf

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 09:04 AM

The Montlake Pondcrappers!

Fukin hypocritical leg humpers.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 05:42 PM

The UW has sold itself out,a trojan and two ducks make up the core of their coaching staff. It appears no one learned from Don James and if they did they did not want to come back. Times today shows instate recruits are headed elsewhere. I hear a toilet flushing sound is the new fight song.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 05:48 PM

Don James played QB at Miami. Should he have been looked over, or are you just being a f'n goat?

Never mind - no need to answer.

Is it LOI day already? No it isn't - but don't let that stop you from being just as stupid as the Times birdcage liner.

That was weak, but then again all your sh!t is weak.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
The UW has sold itself out,a trojan and two ducks make up the core of their coaching staff. It appears no one learned from Don James and if they did they did not want to come back. Times today shows instate recruits are headed elsewhere. I hear a toilet flushing sound is the new fight song.

Bottom line is this is a business and these guys want to succeed.....doesn't matter where they came from.
Give UW credit for trying to improve and give these guys a chance to make something positive happen.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 05:58 PM

Used to be hiring from close rivals was looked down upon. Hiring a Duck and a Trojan is like your best man fuking your wife while she blows the groomsmen . I guess you are used to that and when thats all you can get you take it. Used to be different needs to be again.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 05:59 PM

"Bottom line is this is a business "

#1 reason for faliure is having an excuse in your pocket ready to toss.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:04 PM

They hired people qualified to do the job.

Making more of it than that just shows what an insecure little woman you are.

The number one reason for failure is being you.

Nobody wants to do your wife because she's a nasty skank, so you have nothing to worry about. Unless you catch the neighbor's dog in your house, of course.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:22 PM

Blazers play-by-play announcer, Brian "Wheels" Wheeler has a call when one of the Blazers does an "in yo face disgrace" and it's a classic.
Goes like this...

Oooooohhh !!......... That was naaaaaasty !!

The hated Lakers are in town tonight.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:33 PM

A defenseive coach that lost 7 games this year cannot say they are qualified at much except losing. You hope they end up doing well and the fact that they are Ducks gives you no option but to rationalize it and defend it vigorously. I understand it after posting the only 0-12 in Pac 10 history and then having the worst defensive year in the programs history and then hiring Ducks to hopefully fix it would send anyone over the edge.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:36 PM

Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was.

If you weren't such a donkey, you'd have figured that out.

But you are a donkey, so you should probably just go kill yourself.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:47 PM

Unless you are like 80 years old, hiring coaches that played for rivals is nothing new. If schools only hired their own alumni to coach, there would be a lot of unemployed coaches.
Oh wait, WSU hired one of their own. How'd that work out? They ended up eating their own.
I'm sure USC alumni were really pissed when Oregon Duck alumni John Robinson lead them to a national championship.
The list goes on...time for a reality check.
Posted by: Todd

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 06:48 PM

Yet another attempt at a Coog to try and feel superior about something, even if just for a minute...that ends in flames.

Sad.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 07:30 PM

"Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was."

Both were a problem they were ranked 28th in total defense and in the 90s in sacks and interceptions, behind the Cougs and the Huskies. Like most their buzz got them hired not their shear ability.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 07:54 PM

"Tennesee's defense wasn't their problem, their offense was."

Both were a problem they were ranked 28th in total defense and in the 90s in sacks and interceptions, behind the Cougs and the Huskies. Like most their buzz got them hired not their shear ability.

The flip side of this argument is that a guy just got fired for putting together the worst defense statistically that has ever worn a UW jersey. He came with a really good resume, and had led a top level defense at USC. So, your defenses statistics don't mean a whole lot as stats don't usually answer all the questions. For example, how good is Oregon's defense statistically? They spend a lot of time on the field because their offense scores really fast. I would have to guess that Sark knows a little more about the guys he hired then we do and it isn't just about coaching them up on the field, these coaches have to be able to get in the living room and sell the program too.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 07:55 PM

You think Sark knows more than TJ ?

No way...........TJ is a self-proclaimed expert at EVERYTHING.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 09:10 PM

DBA , performance always trends to the mean over time. Holt was never going to be as good as he was at USC or as bad as he was at Washington year over year, The inside word is that he was too hard on the players and they quit listening to him.

8341 posts, an opus on what the little tiny guy does not know.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 10:12 PM

DBA , performance always trends to the mean over time. Holt was never going to be as good as he was at USC or as bad as he was at Washington year over year, The inside word is that he was too hard on the players and they quit listening to him.

You haven't mentioned what is probably the biggest reason that Holt really got fired. There is a brand new stadium that has to be filled up and ticket prices for seats are extremely high including seat licenses/fees. If the Tyees want you gone, you are gone and another year of 7-5 football won't get those tickets sold. The team hadn't been selling out the current stadium the last couple years either so combined with a crappy defense, Holt gets canned. The next DC has to make great improvements next season or else the fire Sark rumblings are going to start too.

Too hard on the players....LOL. Bottom line is this: Holt didn't have enough speed and talent on defense and enough upper classmen to get the job done. In today's Pac 12 with all the spread offenses your guys have to be able to go sideline to sideline more than ever and the Dawgs can't do that. Oregon can, USC can, and Stanford isn't too bad at it either.

The worst part of this whole deal is I have just spent way too much time defending UW. I feel kinda dirty, gonna go take a shower now.
Posted by: snit

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 10:31 PM

TJ...you mean "nothing lasts forever"? WOW...brilliant example! You are real sharp.................................
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 10:42 PM

Too hard on the players....LOL. Bottom line is this: Holt didn't have enough speed and talent on defense and enough upper classmen to get the job done. In today's Pac 12 with all the spread offenses your guys have to be able to go sideline to sideline more than ever and the Dawgs can't do that. Oregon can, USC can, and Stanford isn't too bad at it either.

It's year 3 for Holt and his recruiting should begin to show by now. If he couldn't recruit someone more athletic than those slower that $hit DB's and safeties that he has plugged into the starting lineup now, than things were only going to get worse (as they did in year 3 of his tenure)...

I don't want to use these examples as gold standards, but look at what Chip Kelly and Harbaugh have done (did* in Harbaughs case) to their programs in just a few years. 11-1 (or better) teams, competing in BCS bowls, all within that 4 year window that everyone talks about giving new coaches as an evaluation period..Granted, they stepped into a different situation than Sark, who inherited a program that was so god awfully bad, after Tyrone fukked the living $hit out of Montlake football, but you get the picture.... AD's aren't patient when they get their d*cks kicked in by the ducks or the trojans every year....

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 11:02 PM

DBA,

My Parents have been Tyee members for 40 years, very few are connected enough to give input that effects the program. Most are geezers that care more about the quality of catering and where they get to park than anything else. If Tyee's had as much sway as you think there would not be Trojans and Ducks in the program. The story they are getting is he lost the confidence of his players with his harsh methods and they quit playing for him.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 11:09 PM

DBA,

My Parents have been Tyee members for 40 years, very few are connected enough to give input that effects the program. Most are geezers that care more about the quality of catering and where they get to park than anything else. If Tyee's had as much sway as you think there would not be Trojans and Ducks in the program. The story they are getting is he lost the confidence of his players with his harsh methods and they quit playing for him.

You don't know much about the effects of "boosters" and other prominent members of ANY college alumni program.

Pull your head out of your a$$ and wake up to the dynamic landscape that is college football these days. Want to see the effects of powerful alumnis? See Phil Knight and Oregon.......... You don't think he has had any effect with whats gone on at Eugene these days?? Shiny helmets, dozens of jersey combos, computers for all the athletes on every team, flashy new stadiums and fancy workout facilities that would rival Bill gates complex?? Sure don't think the AD would like to step on his toes.... U of O would be just like Oregon State if it weren't for Daddy Knight....

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/05/12 11:37 PM

Its been a big week at UW: Had to clean house on the defense, lost out on some high profile recruits, and got pummeled on nation tv.

As much as I hate to say it, I tend to agree with Chuck: Polk would look pretty good along side Beastmode here in Seattle next year as a 3rd to 5th round pick.

The only defensive coach who was retained by Washington was defensive line and special teams coach Johnny Nansen who is also their recruiting coordinator and played LB at WSU as you probably already know.

I really don't care if an ex-WSU player or coach goes to a rival school to coach as they need the work and experience. Okay maybe Dick Baird is a goofball sometimes. I'm glad Moos cleaned house in Pullman and Leach is putting in his coaches and his Air Raid offense. I'm not sure that it is such a good idea for an alum to go back as head coach to his school.

Also Leach is getting players from southern California and luring recruits from other schools for a change. Have 8 visits scheduled to Pullman next week. Leach will have his coaching staff together this weekend to meet the players I've read.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 12:02 AM

It's about wins . Even if that means bailing kids out of jail prior to kick off. Not that sorta thing goes on in Pullman. smile

Mf

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 10:28 AM

"You don't know much about the effects of "boosters" and other prominent members of ANY college alumni program. "

You are right thats why Don James and Slick were run out of town, both had overwhelming support of the boosters. Mike Price was hated by the majority of the boosters at WSU until late in his career there.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 12:25 PM

Don James wasn't run out of town, stupid...........he quit because our POS AD Babs Hedges rolled over like a beaten pup for the Pac10 and he called bullsh!t.

FAIL

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 12:39 PM

Talk to Don ,Mr 8341 posts knows everything, see what he has to say about it. The admin forced his hand he had no choice but quit. Where I live forced to resign = run out of town.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 12:58 PM

Where you live, Retarded = Knows Everything

So you and Don are good friends, huh?

Sure you are.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 01:00 PM

You'd have more posts if you wouldn't have run away like the sissy-boy you are when Sol said he was going to kick your arse.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 07:45 PM

"You don't know much about the effects of "boosters" and other prominent members of ANY college alumni program. "

You are right thats why Don James and Slick were run out of town, both had overwhelming support of the boosters.

And how do you think that ended for Hedges? Everyone b!tched about itand it cost her her job after the Neuheisel scandal..... Everytime you try and make a point you shoot yourself in the foot.

In regard to Don James, he wasn't run out. He got fed up with Hedge's $hit and said [Bleeeeep!] working for an AD like her..... Talk to the players on that team... They'll tell you that he called them all in for the meeting and told them he was leaving cause he couldn't continue to work for Hedges and deal with her bullspit....

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 08:05 PM

Knucklehead,

How many years after DJ was forced out did Hedges last ? real powerful booster's if she forced out James and her payback came 10 years later? Your argument proves you know less than 8334 about the Huskies program. DJ freely admits today he was forced out by the admin in a power struggle over control of the program. The Trojanduckdogs program is [Bleeeeep!].

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 08:41 PM

Don James quit/resigned because the UW administration would not back him or support him during the PAC 10 investigation at that time. Coach James detested the school's admin at that time. He has said much later that resigning probably saved his life.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/06/12 10:57 PM

Gerberding was all about his ivory tower, and he disliked the attention focused on the football program. Hedges was just Gerberding's puppet.

Tom Choad, aka TheKing, was the one who was run out of town when Sol said he was going to thump his melon. Don James did what he should have given the circumstances, and walked away from the UW program.

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/07/12 12:59 AM

Choad dick with another ill informed comment. You continue to spew out your [Bleeeeep!]

Go look at some of the contributions made by boosters in this era of college football. The most recent example of booster/alum power was the ASU Coaching search when the AD was about to give June Jones the job but the alums and boosters grumbled about a sub par hire and they dropped jones out of the coaching search faster than you ran from Sol

Re: UW hires Wilcox and Sirmon, Polk to NFL - 01/07/12 01:15 AM

If Mike Lude had been AD at the time everything came down, DJ would have still been coaching. We would have had a one year bowl ban, not the two years DJ was oppossed to.
Babs seriously [Bleeeeep!] the Dawgs, with Gerberding [Bleeeeep!] on top of the pile.
DJ resigned right before the season started to guarantee one of his guys (Lambo) would be the next head coach.
No nation wide coaching search. That was his way of shoving it back in Gerberding's face.