Are you going to vote?

Posted by: Sky-Guy

Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 04:53 PM

I'm Abstaining this year, because I wont choose between a turd and a douche.

Of course, there's always the old "if you don't vote, you have no right to complain" line. I think the opposite is true: if you vote for the perceived lesser of two evils, you have no right to complain when more evil ensues.

The two party system that graciously allows us to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich every four years is no longer legitimate. Voting (for anyone) only lends an air of legitimacy to an otherwise hopelessly lost system. Not voting sends a powerful message if enough people do it.

How about you?

Posted by: Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 04:56 PM

I think "not voting" or "voting for Ron Paul" will garner the attention of absolutely no one...and will send " no message".

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 04:57 PM

I'm going to take a hit and not inhale...then think about it.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:00 PM

Write-In
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:02 PM

There are a bunch of other candidates on the ballot.
Most are not much worse than the 2 choices from the major parties.
I will probably vote for 1 of the others.
Given the screwed up the electoral college system it really does not matter who you vote for Obama will get Washington's electoral votes.

Posted by: Illyrian

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:04 PM

I will vote for Romney. He seems to be the most sensible bet for the
country in spite of his failings.
Posted by: donno

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:06 PM

I'm going to vote as I always have. I think I've only ever missed out on a few. The sad part is not having your vote count.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:21 PM

Not voting Romney or Obama this year.

I don't care if anybody cares who I vote for, or notices for that matter.

Still undecided who my write-in candidate will be. Sadly, Rodney King, one of my life coaches, died this year so he won't be getting my vote.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 05:57 PM

Vote for a guy that killed American citizens with out due process or a guy who said he would do it as we'll if elected? You are standing with criminals if you vote . You are also voting for a fiat currency system and a ponzu scheme monetary system if you vote for anyone in federal govt. hoping for change supporting the same old same old is folly.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 06:02 PM

I vote that TK sets himself on fire.
Posted by: big moby

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 06:05 PM

like the 2000 nadar voters.......

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Start a campaign...I'll vote for that.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 06:45 PM

Yes, I'll vote.

If not voting is the most powerful message you can send then, demographically, the young, poor, and uneducated folk have been sending the loudest message for quite a while.
Posted by: Somethingsmellsf

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Start a campaign...I'll vote for that.

Fish on...

Todd

I'll vote for that also.

I agree that not voting sends a clear message that the asylum is running just fine.

No one has my vote as of yet.

Fishy

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: stam
It seems that I've already voted...

... or Seattle did for me.

I generally like to go down to the little town hall in Buckley, say hello to the old timers that run the sign in tables, get the sticker that says "I voted" and I probably will again this year, though, I may just sign in, say my hello's and then leave with a smile on my face.

It is like that at the VFW hall in McCleary.
Posted by: Black Bart

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 09:32 PM

It really troubles me when I see such a priviledge go totally wasted. Casting your vote, sacred right as an American citizen, for someone who has no chance of winning, only to say you do not like either candidate, says nothing...butt nothing .... to anyone.

I personally would never choose brag about this this course of action for fear I might not be able to look someone in the eye say I really voted.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Bart
It really troubles me when I see such a priviledge go totally wasted. Casting your vote, sacred right as an American citizen, for someone who has no chance of winning, only to say you do not like either candidate, says nothing...butt nothing .... to anyone.

I personally would never choose brag about this this course of action for fear I might not be able to look someone in the eye say I really voted.

+ a zillion.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 09:50 PM

Voting is one of the great privilges of being a citizen of the United States.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Voting is one of the great privilges of being a citizen of the United States.

I agree.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 10:48 PM

That's why I'm voting..........because it IS a privilege.

Do you get a 'Super Citizen' certificate for voting for Obama or Romney?

No?

Then how about you shut your cake hole about what I do with my vote, and whether it's "meaningful" or "wasted". You cast your f'n vote and I'll cast mine, and I'll be able to defend my vote just fine.

What I do to affect change in this country is not vote for those I believe are perpetuating what's wrong with it. So sue me.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 10:59 PM

I think voting for Paul is not the best way to use a vote, but on a scale of 1 to 100 I think it's about a 90...not voting is a "zero".

I care far more that Americans exercise what is one of the most American things that we have, the privilege to vote, than I care about who they vote for.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:17 PM

I'll still be voting for the in-state races, but the presidential section of the ballot will get no attention from me.

I think the whole electoral college system is broken with it's focus on swing states where a president can be elected by taking 12 or 13 states disregarding the rest. I also don't care for how the system creates a bias against any third parties.

Finally, the biggest reason I won't cast a vote for the president is that both candidates are the same political servants pandering to donors and special interests. They are both truth averse towards the American people because they are cowards who can't rock the boat of the team they are on, which by the way folks, is the same team, and the losers are the American people.

Arent you all sick and Fukkin tired of the "lesser of two evils" routine we are presented with every 4 years, where we have to vote for a disgraceful candidate because the other guy is perceived as worse??

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:17 PM

Freedom is the first privilege and choosing not to be a part of a corrupt and bastardized system takes some thought. Voting just because you we're brainwashed into believing it is your duty is a short cut to thinking. We do not need any more non thinkers in this world . I have more respect for the Egyptian and Libyans who stood up to the bullshiat process and did something about it. Rather than the cowards in this country that go down and pull the lever for another [Bleeeeep!] sandwich out of a misplaced sense of duty and honor and bitch about it until the next time they get to do it all over again.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
Freedom is the first privilege and choosing not to be a part of a corrupt and bastardized system takes some thought. Voting just because you we're brainwashed into believing it is your duty is a short cut to thinking. We do not need any more non thinkers in this world . I have more respect for the Egyptian and Libyans who stood up to the bullshiat process and did something about it. Rather than the cowards in this country that go down and pull the lever for another [Bleeeeep!] sandwich out of a misplaced sense of duty and honor and bitch about it until the next time they get to do it all over again.

Nailed it.

Barack Obama has been so horrible as president that it is hard to put it into words.

But Mitt Romney would be just like Barack Obama.

Those that are dreaming of a major change in direction if Romney is elected are going to be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:29 PM

Agree except I would not blame Obama. I would blame the people that put him there and continue to enable him. They knew he had no exp. he told them what he would do and they pulled the lever. Clint Eastwood made the strongest point ever in a presidential race and people ignored him. This is our country these people work for us . Going down and pulling the lever for one of these two ass clowns proves that you work for them.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:44 PM

I'll be damned.
I like your train of thought Sky-Guy. You surprised me.

I'm a Centrist, at least by every measure that I've been able to draw on.

Obama is a "No" for me....for many reasons, and I'm genuinely afraid of where we will be if he gets four more years to screw things up.

Romney doesn't do anything for me. Really. I don't regard him as genuine. And while I respect Dan S. and Dogfish's position, I think that voting outside the two major parties is wasted effort.

Romney is closer to Center than Obama......and he's untested, unlike FlunkO.....so, without enthusiasm, I'll be voting Romney.
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/25/12 11:56 PM

I'm in the same sinking boat Slabby....but those that think they're taking the moral high road by not voting or voting for Mickey Mouse in a sky-blue state like Washington are kidding themselves.

It's like saying when I go fishing at Point no Point in the morning I won't troll a Sierra Mackerel at 7mph because I'm against catching billfish...

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 12:08 AM

Your Washington vote means sh!t in this election no matter who you're voting for. This state is of no consequence in the election.

Obama's win will not hinge on Washington.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 12:21 AM

Very true. But I'm not voting for a candidate.....

...and I'm not attempting to make some moral statement by voting for Mickey Mouse.

There is a difference, albeit slight, like taking a sh.it before I go fishing or doing so in the bucket of the cuddy cabin....either way I'm trying to get rid of a giant f.ucking turd.
Posted by: Fast and Furious

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
I'll still be voting for the in-state races, but the presidential section of the ballot will get no attention from me.

I think the whole electoral college system is broken with it's focus on swing states where a president can be elected by taking 12 or 13 states disregarding the rest. I also don't care for how the system creates a bias against any third parties.

Finally, the biggest reason I won't cast a vote for the president is that both candidates are the same political servants pandering to donors and special interests. They are both truth averse towards the American people because they are cowards who can't rock the boat of the team they are on, which by the way folks, is the same team, and the losers are the American people.

Arent you all sick and Fukkin tired of the "lesser of two evils" routine we are presented with every 4 years, where we have to vote for a disgraceful candidate because the other guy is perceived as worse??

Half the population does not vote now. One more won't be missed. A lot of dissappointed 08 voters are going to stay home too.
Depressing the GOP vote is not going to work. Turnout will be massive. Obama will likely win Washington by about 17% if the poll is close. No details, since there is no active polling going on in most blue states.

As for the Gridlock. It could be worse. But the senate will only get a budget by sending Harry Reid to the bleachers. Maria is just support for Reid and which dedicated to slashing the defense budget, because republican wont raise taxes on people over 250,000 and it wont cut the deficit AT ALL. We would save 2 billion dollars every year, by cutting off Eqypt.

If you remember back before gregoire, we did not have a favorable commission. Now we do. I know for a fact, McKenna is in the sports camp. There is a lot of gas tax money,state employee wages and seafood money, going to the other guy. I looked up the pdc.
Posted by: docspud

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 12:28 PM

But, but, but.....you have to vote for one of the political parties. You throw away your vote if not. I can hardly believe I have said those words myself in the past.

F- the two political parties. Voting for BO is just stupid. Romney is likely not any better. Vote for either is a vote for the same. Welcome the new boss........

But dont throw your vote away. beathead

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 12:31 PM

I think it's most important that people vote for someone...anyone...but if you think your vote for Mickey Mouse, or anyone else...or a blank ballot...is "sending a message", then you are sadly mistaken. No one will care, not your lawmakers, that's for sure.

Suppressing the vote is a political strategy employed by some candidates and parties, and throwing in the towel on the whole thing is just being a pawn in their game.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 12:36 PM

I vote every time regardless of how many positions, initiatives, seats or propositions etc are on the ballot.
If I don't like either candidates, I write in one of my friends.
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad

Nailed it.

Barack Obama has been so horrible as president that it is hard to put it into words.

But Mitt Romney would be just like Barack Obama.

Those that are dreaming of a major change in direction if Romney is elected are going to be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Bingo!!

Posted by: Twitch

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 01:27 PM

I'm torn...

I was going to write in Stam, but Superfly would be entertaining... then again, would Chuck rename the WH the Dawg House? ... decisions, decisions...
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 01:46 PM

Yes, in answer to the thread title question.

Voting is important; casting an informed vote in more important. Voting for the presidential candidates is probably the least significant vote we cast. Anyone who could be a good president wouldn't take the job. Ya' gotta' be a megalomaniac to want to be president, so anyone who wants to be prez is a lousy choice. Not to mention that the D and R prez candidates are beholden to the powers that are bent on destroying the nation, which must be OK since they will make a profit on it. And what is more American than making a profit?

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 01:56 PM

I simply cant be convinced that submitting my vote for either the turd or the douche is the right thing do do over not voting at all. And no one here has really submitted any argument that is in the least bit compelling...

think about it.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 03:19 PM

I simply cant be convinced that submitting my vote for either the turd or the douche is the right thing do do over not voting at all. And no one here has really submitted any argument that is in the least bit compelling...

think about it.

Not compelling FOR YOU just as your "Not voting sends a powerful message if enough people do it" is not a complelling argument for me.

Just like you, I've come to the opinions I have BY thinking about it and implying otherwise is condesending.

I would also argue that your choice isn't simply "not voting" or "vote for a turd/db". You can vote for whoever you want.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 03:19 PM

The Beaver Hut wouldn't sound to good.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 03:26 PM

I think about it every time I vote...and the first thing I think about is how lucky I was to be born in America where we have the right to vote...no way am I passing on it.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: CedarR

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
You won't change anything with a vote.

You all just stay home then, and I'll re elect the next president wink

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 04:20 PM

My stating that I would write in Rodney King was tongue in cheek.

Really though, I can't find it in my conscience to vote for Obama because of his lack of leadership over the past 4 years. He did get a number of things done on a military basis that I have respect for, but that alone is not enough to buy my vote. He had the House and Senate for his first two years and didn't get much done. He had the opportunity to impact change in this nation, the main slogan of his campaign, and he faltered. His stand on imigration and other issues make him a no vote for me as well.

Voting Romney is not an option for me because he doesn't represent the ideals I stand for. The guy is way out of touch with the American public, and every time he opens his mouth he gets his foot in there deeper.

Obama is the empty suit and Romney is the manequin. Neither are qualifed to sit in the empty chair Clint Eastwood was speaking to.

That leaves many of us with a choice of compromising our personal values by voting for the turd that doesn't stink as bad as the other turd.

I personally will not "settle" when voting for president.

Best of luck to you and your choices.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 06:04 PM

Of course I am going to vote. Obama and Mitt have raised and spent a billion and a half dollars to tell me the other guy is an asshole so I figure they have earned it.

Salmo G has nailed it, anyone who could stand to run for president for one of those parties, clearly has a screw loose.

Personally, I believe pretty strongly in State's rights, and spend a lot of time thinking about local/statewide races and how they affect me. Just recently I met and talked with someone who is an incumbent for a local office. It only took me a few seconds to realize she is a "me-first" politician, only in place to further her family, and cronies position in this world. And she is a d!ck. I can't wait to vote for someone else.
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/26/12 08:52 PM

Am I gonna vote? huh

You betcha! thumbs

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
... He had the House and Senate for his first two years and didn't get much done.

Regardless of anyone's party affiliations, I hope you all realize that a big part of what is broken in D.C. is the senate's stupid filibuster rule. It makes it so a majority in the senate still can't get much done. The filibuster is a senate rule (not a constitutional rule) that can be dumped if the senate had any nerve.

The senate was designed so that the majority (51 votes) rules, not so that a super majority (60 votes) is required.

Neither party will give up the senate fillibuster rule. They have given it lip service before. When Scott Brown took Kennedys seat, they would not have passed Obamacare on a straight vote. So they used another rule to pass it. Democrats had no trouble passing anything they wanted while Kennedy had the winning vote. Its a good bet, the senate will be even up or in the GOP hands and Reid is helping make that happen. The bigger problem is the voter fraud. About 1400 felons (if I remember correctly) that gave Al Frankin the win. Many were interviewed and some folks believe he would have lost the race without the felon votes. If you need ID to get into the conventions, you should need ID to vote.

It is too bad that a number of states are not even competitive these days. Considering the 16 trillion dollar debt, 23 million out of work, a failed monetary policy, a failed energy policy, an expensive and unpopular health care plan that wont insure or cover every ailment or lower health insurance costs, one would think that would be enough to cause a 50 state victory in November. Perhaps a large percentage of people want to give up their freedoms and their independence, in order to be taken care of from cradle to grave. It seems that politicians will be given the authority to tell people what they can eat, smoke, drink, what they can drive and what work they will be assigned and how much we are paid. It wont be long, before we are told how large our families can be and what recreational activities are no longer good for the collective.

What types of candidates will step out in that country? History already has a list of names of despots, who thought they had all the answers. Given the nature of our media, anyone stepping out of line will be dealt with, because insubordination will not be tolerated.

Not voting sends one message. Whatever the winner decides, will not be actively opposed in the next election, because we only get to vote for the lessor of two evils.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

think about it.

Not compelling FOR YOU just as your "Not voting sends a powerful message if enough people do it" is not a complelling argument for me.

Just like you, I've come to the opinions I have BY thinking about it and implying otherwise is condesending.

I would also argue that your choice isn't simply "not voting" or "vote for a turd/db". You can vote for whoever you want.

I wasn't attempting to get anyone to change their minds here, nor was I trying to be condescending..hope I didnt come off that way..

I was raising this subject because of my belief that voting for either candidate for the presidential election is a waste of time because of what they represent, and how they came to be nominated, and the EC process.

Their names are right there on the ballot, before all the other offices up for election in your district. If you choose not to vote down party lines at the beginning you can crush that ballot with as much democracy as your pen, or pencil, or lever, or computer button will let you. It's a power that Americans have protected for centuries-- since the Founding Fathers wrote that all men (women eventually, minorities a little later) are created equal with the inalienable rights of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the right to choose which douchebag or Turd will jokingly represent your interests in government and protect you from Nazis or something.

So right at the beginning you see the choice for President. And there are names with boxes next to them. It stands to reason that whichever one you choose is getting your vote. Bzzzz. Wrong. But thank you for playing Voting 101. Wait. What?

Yeah. That's right. You are not actually voting for who you want to be President. Now, this is not the case for any of the OTHER candidates you vote for on that ballot because they are elected through a popular election: most votes wins. Not the President though. That office is special and requires a special list of ridiculous but amazingly interesting rules associated with it.

Many people have heard of the Electoral College. Few people, other than those that are REALLY into Presidential elections understand how it works, most of whom are the ones actually running for President. On election night they keep talking about how the winner needs 270 electoral votes in order to be declared the winner. Seems like a low number of votes in order to be elected president. Suzie Q probably got that many running for First Grade hall monitor. So why 270? Let's do some quick math:

Congress is composed of 435 members in the House of Representatives and 100 members in the Senate. Each of these elected officials represents 1 vote in the Electoral College, plus Washington D.C. gets 3 (1 for the House and 2 for the Senate). That's a total of 538 electoral votes available. One-half of 538 is 269. One more than half is 270, or the number of votes necessary to become President. Yay!

But how does this relate to my vote you say? Simple, each state has X number of electoral votes associated with it (total House seats + 2 Senate seats) and each state is considered winner-takes-all. So whichever candidate gets the most votes in a state receives ALL the electoral votes that go with it. Or not. Wait. What?

That's right! Members of the Electoral College are appointed by the governors of the respective states. But there are no federal laws requiring them to vote in accordance with the popular vote. And in the states that have local laws the punishment is simply a fine but the vote cannot be changed.

Ok fine you say! Whatever. Even if someone else is voting for me no one would ever actually vote against the will of the people would they? Of course they would! And it's happened 156 times since the founding of the Electoral College! Such delegates are referred to as "faithless electors."

So in summary. Not only are you not voting for the President, you're voting for someone to cast your vote for President and that person can just say "go effff yourself" and vote for whoever the hell they want.

Regardless, the whole process is so corruptible its sickening...hence my reasoning.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 05:04 PM

We should do away with the EC. At minimum change to a format like Nebraska and Main where it's not winner take all.

Also, to add to Sky Guy's post. Should neither candidate reach 270 the House of Representatives elects the president. So it still never falls to a vote of the people. The great thing about our Constitution is that it can be changed, it's just not easy to do. With this only coming up every four years it's easily forgotten for three.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 05:27 PM

I'd be happy to do away with the EC. A lot of people assumed it would get changed if we ever, in "modern times", had a president that got elected without winning the popular vote. Well, we got our modern times example in 2000 with Gore vs. Bush and there was really no significant movement to change things. (It would have been interesting had the tables been turned as I think that Republicans would actually mobilize to change it if they were on the losing end but who knows?)

But the EC has ALWAYS been problematic so that is nothing new. The biggest problems today are the money injected into politics and party entrenchment. Most people would agree with that yet still support people that FAVOR both of these things.

I have no idea how to change things. I'll vote not because I'm confident it will help things but because I'm fairly confident that "not voting" help anything.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 06:01 PM

"Ok fine you say! Whatever. Even if someone else is voting for me no one would ever actually vote against the will of the people would they? Of course they would! And it's happened 156 times since the founding of the Electoral College! Such delegates are referred to as "faithless electors."

71 votes were changed because the Pres or VP died before the elector was able to cast a vote. Two votes were not cast at all, by abstaining.
63 electors of Horace Greeley changed their votes after Greeley died. 3 Electors voted for Greeley anyway and the votes were discounted by congress.

2 Maryland electors refused to vote for Presidental Candidate Henry Clay. In the same year 30 electors from PA refused to support Dem VP Martin Van Buren and voted for William Wilkins.

85 were changed by the electors personal interests or by accident. In 1936, one case 23 Virginia electors conspired to change their vote together, for Vice President.

In that case, the only case in which a winning candidate was rejected, Richard Mentor Johnson, the expected candidate, was promptly elected Vice President of the US by the US Senate in February 1937

No election has ever been changed.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 06:06 PM

The EC works just as it is supposed to.

Of course when you read the threads re: who's gonna win? it is certainly clear that most people didn't pay attention in 7th grade to what the EC is or how it works.

Claims about EC delegates not voting the way they are supposed to are unfounded.

Instead of foregoing your fundamental right to vote as an American to send a mystery message to no one, maybe you should start a movement to do away with the EC? smile

Considering how few people seem to understand how it works I doubt most people would miss it much!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 06:10 PM

The weighted average of New York helped put Gore over the top. If you dont put a limit on specific states, then the justification for two senators is also up for debate.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
The weighted average of New York helped put Gore over the top.

^What does this mean?

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 08:13 PM

It means Gore won.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. I'm not 100% sure that's true wink

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/27/12 10:55 PM

The EC has outlived its usefulness and should be eliminated. There is no excuse for not upgrading today's voting system to something much more representative of the the popular vote.
It's 2012, fer chrissake! smile We have computers now.......hello?
Voter ID should be mandatory......and free.

Any excuses to not do away with our present archaic system are certainly not based on wanting to represent the people's wishes. Period.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/29/12 12:16 AM

Move to a state with little population and watch what happens.

Do you like the fact that king, Pierce and Snohomish County decide the elections? So will New York, California and handful of other populated states. Just make enough people dependent or lazy and you will always be in power.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/29/12 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: blue water pro

stold

Really, stold!

Fishy
Posted by: CedarR

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/29/12 10:43 AM

Wasting our breath and our time. These are the people who are going to elect the next president...the undecided:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/undecided-voter/1418227

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/29/12 12:32 PM

Yeah stold & I "aint" appolgizing either. My grammer is in the gutter & my spelling is worse . Just threw that out to give you guys a laugh & it worked.100%

Seriously tho - do a search on how many times the popular vote & EC were off on who became president. LOL it was stolen- twice.

I agree with some of what you say and just wanted to be sure I read that right,don't get your panties into a bunch or TJ will be calling ya gay.

Just sayin.

Fishy
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/29/12 01:58 PM

If the United States was converted to a body corporate after the Civil War…

… and if it still is a corporation…

… and if that corporation was reorganized in bankruptcy…

… and if you accept and exercise benefits and privileges from *it* in the form of voting, all the while blissfully doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome…

Then what kind of person does that make you?

Perhaps, in doing a little historical fishing about of your own, there might be some very important things to know and understand to discern the final destination of the good ship Lollipop, and who may control the port of call….

My apologies for creating any cognitive dissonance in the prefabricated mental constructs of your personal Matrix. Enjoy the movie……… wink

Atlas Shrugged

Re: Are you going to vote? - 09/30/12 12:52 AM

Gore won. Do a search on how many times the popular vote didn't equal the EC. LOL

Bush stold it twice.

Yes, without looking it up, he did have more votes. But he did not win the election. Nor did he win Florida.
In any recount. I think the popular vote was higher for the loser in one other election. BTW Bush had 62,040,610 votes and Kerry had 59,028,444 votes
Posted by: chinookie

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 10:32 AM

Without a doubt I'll be voting to Re-Elect the President. Romney openly represents everything that is wrong with this country, and if he's elected, I can only se us slipping from a Recession into a Depression.

Tom

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 10:49 AM

That's funny chinookie, that is the exact reason I'm voting for Romney.
Posted by: topwater

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 11:30 AM

[quote]Yeah, because being successful in business is a...

Sin?

is it an attack on capitalism to question the how in business success?

does it matter that the federal government bailed him out three times (or he screwed tax payers)?

Federal Bailout 1

Federal Bailout 2

graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Kansas_City_Steel.pdf

does it matter how he treated workers at companies he bought out?

i believe in capitalism and business, but calling romney a businessman is a bit absurd. he doesn't create products or jobs, he creates money for investors through financial manipulation and tricks.

vote for him, but stop the nonsense that attacks on how he made his money equal an attack on the free enterprise system.... especially since all his conservative opponents in the primaries attacked him over these same issues.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 11:42 AM

Quote:
Romney openly represents everything that is wrong with this country

Yeah, because being successful in business is a...

Sin?

Not at all, I just can't give all those wonderful "Job Creators" the credit for successful business's. Very few if any of them got there on their own, most got there from Government Tax breaks and the sweat of decent working Americans. The same people the Pub's would like to screw some more into keeping those vaunted "Job Creators" rolling in the dough, while the rest of us try to pay our bills. Apparently the Republican platform of constantly repeating the lamest crap works, because people actually start believing it.

Tom
Posted by: grizz1

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 11:55 AM

WOW now there's a good brainwashed soldier for the new Obama regime. JFC

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: chinookie
Quote:

Sin?

Not at all, I just can't give all those wonderful "Job Creators" the credit for successful business's. Very few if any of them got there on their own, most got there from Government Tax breaks and the sweat of decent working Americans. The same people the Pub's would like to screw some more into keeping those vaunted "Job Creators" rolling in the dough, while the rest of us try to pay our bills. Apparently the Republican platform of constantly repeating the lamest crap works, because people actually start believing it.

Tom

You need to read past the BO talking points. Romney is a smart business man. That is it. A good man.....maybe, maybe not. A family man and man of "his" church for sure. Certainly in his business carrier he was out for one thing above all others.....profit. I dont fault that but it also does not make him qualified to be the POTUS.

But your dumba$$ talking points about govern taxbreaks, not getting there on their own and off the back of the hard working americans is a joke. Maybe the ultra rich but not the true "Job Creators". Those with small business that started them by themselves and gave years of their lives to make work. Those are the ones hit by the Dem platform. The ones BO tries to lump in with mil and billionaires as if everyone over 250K is somehow a CEO of a multi-national with accountants assuring their money is hidden in swiss accounts. The only ones hit by BO proposals are the former and the latter will get away without any changes by lobbying and boughten pols.

\I guess the "lamest crap" does work.....on the far left and the far right. Look in the mirror as it is certainly working on you.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 01:09 PM

Geze, I guess you told me!

You all believe your Facts, and I'll believe mine. That's all I have to say.

Tom
Posted by: grizz1

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 03:10 PM

JFC X 1000!

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: docspud
Originally Posted By: chinookie
Quote:

Sin?

Tom

business carrier

Whats a business carrier?

Fishy
Posted by: topwater

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: docspud
Maybe the ultra rich but not the true "Job Creators". Those with small business that started them by themselves and gave years of their lives to make work. Those are the ones hit by the Dem platform. The ones BO tries to lump in with mil and billionaires as if everyone over 250K is somehow a CEO of a multi-national with accountants assuring their money is hidden in swiss accounts.

I believe the IRS has estimated that 3-5% of small business owners net over $250K. You can make the case that no small businessman or woman should pay additional taxes but you cannot state that increasing the top marginal tax rate will impact a majority (or even a large minority) of small businesses.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 06:39 PM

Obama is incompetent and incompetence is the norm in modern
times. ergo. Re-elect incompetence.
And get an incompetent lawyer while your at it.
Posted by: Phil Maraude

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/01/12 07:07 PM

in a general regard

its funny how little either side truly knows about the opposition, aside from what fox news or cnn feeds them to believe.

its even funnier what they think they know about the candidate they support.

some people are educated though.

honestly im disgusted with obama and romney. i personally think neither will be the right choice for this country.
and neither of them stand for most anything i believe to be relevant to a solution, in fact i think both are part of the problem.

in my opinion, our system does not work anymore.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 01:25 PM

There are enough other issues to vote on besides the Presidential Election. I know that the left is going to take Washington down the wrong path as far as the President goes.

But what about fag "rights", and legalization of marijauna? Governer, etc ...

Yeah, I'm voting.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 04:29 PM

I will be voting in this election but it looks like for different reasons than you will be, that's part of the greatness that we live in.

Fishy

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 05:16 PM

Gutz - What would you do if you found out that your new kidney came from a "fag"? doh

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Gutz - What would you do if you found out that your new kidney came from a "fag"? doh

Blame it on the doctor smoking pot so much that he forgot to tell him wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 06:14 PM

Gutz - What would you do if you found out that your new kidney came from a "fag"?

He would probably thank you for the donation 4skin
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt

He'll make it suffer!!! and love every minute of it...
he doesn't fish out of a sea kitten for nothing

I prefer the term kupcakes when refering to fags... just sayin wink

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Choad
He would probably thank you for the donation 4skin

That was lame Queen... even for you. cowboy

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/02/12 11:16 PM

Voting to foreskin, that's a leap even for this crowd.

Fishy
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 04:15 PM

Gee, I suppose I would rethink a billion years of evolution and figure that "men" should marry "men".
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 05:26 PM

Quote:

Sin?

Let's see...daddy politician...lot's of family dough....the best schools....large bankroll....seems to be the same "success" that little GW is. Mr. Plastic won't be getting my vote.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: GutZ
Gee, I suppose I would rethink a billion years of evolution and figure that "men" should marry "men".

That's what is so great about this country, we can all have our own thoughts and opinions, unlike some of the countries I have been in.

What consenting adults do in private has no interest to me.

Whether you want to marry a man or not is up to you, but I fear that if prejudices can be made unlawful when do they start to become prejudicial towards you. Where do you draw the line.

Fishy

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:06 PM

Personally, I draw the line when my gut says, "Are you nuts? That's just not right!"

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:16 PM

So... if you needed an organ transplant to save your life and the donor happened to be gay... you'd turn it down because homosexuality "just ain't right" Slappy? huh

GutZ - Thanks for your reply... at least you're honest about your hatred. rolleyes

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:23 PM

That depends which "organ" you're talking about.......may have already reached its limits in transplantability.

other than that, I'd take a transplant from a pig if it kept me going more than a couple of years.....whatcha got for me?...

Not interested in anything that's broken.....

Would you turn down a kidney from a child rapist, 4Salt?

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:26 PM

How about a set of balls?

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:33 PM

Yeah, 4Salt.....how about a set of balls from a serial child rapist?

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:36 PM

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: stlhead
How about a set of balls?

While my ovaries don't serve much of a purpose anymore, I wouldn't trade them for balls. When men get old, they're in danger of crushing them between their knees.

moose

that's why I pray standing up

uh huh

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:02 PM

Voting in the USA is like standing in front of a vending machine with two buttons. Push the blue "Democrat" button and out drops a blue can of diarrhea. Push the red "Republican" button and a red can of diarrhea is delivered.

If you know somebody who believes that it makes the slightest difference whether the next "elected" Puppet of Wall Street / Leader of the Free World / Teleprompter Reader / Packaged Diarrhea comes with a red or blue label, I have a special can of diarrhea for them..

If you don't enjoy being served a colorful can of diarrhea, stop playing along with the fiction that there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans. Tell your friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances and people that you have yet to become your friends that if they think it makes the slightest difference whether Romney or Obama wins in November that they are buying a can of diarrhea.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:05 PM

Totally off base Ryley. It is all about which can stinks less. wink

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:08 PM

If for no other reason, pick a candidate who will pick Supreme Court justices that will rule in the way you prefer...the President picks them, and they make rulings that do indeed affect your country in profound ways.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:11 PM

Absolutely no one would expect you to be smart enough to vote for
Romney.

Amazin' how everyone gets to pick their parents.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:27 PM

Illy an expert on "smart"? I bet that subject get's one half a yea vote.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 07:33 PM

People are heavily invested in the system from years of brain washing by the school system and lack of critical thinking. They actually believe they can make a difference and that they count. Congress has a good laugh every time they vote and do what they are paid to do by their owners.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/03/12 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
If for no other reason, pick a candidate who will pick Supreme Court justices that will rule in the way you prefer...the President picks them, and they make rulings that do indeed affect your country in profound ways.

Fish on...

Todd

Wow. That constitution thing really gets in the way.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/09/12 02:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCaWYvpVZg

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/10/12 01:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCaWYvpVZg

Voices without a Vote. Teenagers.

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/10/12 03:25 PM

As biden would say.....He carries a big F-in stick.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/10/12 03:29 PM

How about you?

Originally Posted By: stam
It seems that I've already voted...

... or Seattle did for me.

Yes, I am voting. Apparently my vote does count..... for the entire state, too!

thumbs

Re: Are you going to vote? - 10/10/12 10:54 PM

Few expected 1994 or 2010.

Youth, black vote and hispanic voting will be way down this year. Even Rossi could win this year. Perhaps why Mckenna is close.

Washington is an oddity. Oregon is a 5% Obama advantage. Wa, is about 11-15% advantage obama. Havent seen the poll results, or the methodology. Surprise is possible, because Obama is advertising here. You dont put money into a safe state.