What's with the run on 22LR?

Posted by: ParaLeaks

What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 08:49 PM

The freakin stuff is impossible to find.
I called Swain's today and they said, "We have 5 cases of CCI, but they are going fast." I asked if they would pull a couple boxes for as the drive would take about 45 min. The guy said, "We can't do that." Argh.
So I drive there immediately.......sure enough ........ all gone. Stop at three other places on the way back home.....all out. WTF?

Any ideas? I'm down to less than 2 boxes and that won't last long (understatement). Help?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 08:50 PM

how far are you away from Brinnon?

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 09:04 PM

not far.....45 min tops

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 09:13 PM

ill call a family friend and see if she has any left, ill let you know tommorow... probably wont be thousands of rounds, but i should be able to scrounge up a few bricks for ya...

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 09:21 PM

Very kind of you RH......appreciate it.
Posted by: SundayMoney

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 11:17 PM

My buddy lives in P.A. He found some .22LR for sale last week at 50 fuckin' dollars a brick!
Posted by: erikj

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 11:46 PM

I think i saw this play out on doomsday preppers. Oh and there's a sniper in So Cal. Ammo up ladies. fight
Posted by: JTD

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/07/13 11:49 PM

Off topic but...

I wish Sunday Money would bring back his avatar.

Back in the olden days...
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 12:21 AM

How could anyone own a .22 without having a sh.it ton of rounds?

If folks buy 50 rounds here 50 rounds there they deserve to be out.

.22LR is generally cheap and available EVERYWHERE.....not having enough is beyond shortsighted.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
How could anyone own a .22 without having a sh.it ton of rounds?

If folks buy 50 rounds here 50 rounds there they deserve to be out.

.22LR is generally cheap and available EVERYWHERE.....not having enough is beyond shortsighted.

Why would anyone need more than, say, 500 rounds in reserve? Give me one logical reason. If anyone thinks they are going to save themselves with a 22, they are deranged to begin with. I happen to be low because I recently installed a couple of scopes. Why would I think that stores that have always carried plenty of ammo, suddenly be short? Because the country is full of freaks who think hoarding ammo will somehow make their lives better? Seriously, dude, you need help.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 12:23 PM

Old habit of mine, every time go into a store that has .22LR, I would pick up a brick or a bulk pack box if I remembered to do so. I still have a few bricks of .22LR I got from the old Yard Birds/SeaMart in Olympia when it was $5/brick. I think I have about 6,000 rounds. The boys and I can easily shoot through a brick in an afternoon.

Some of us don't hoard, we just pick up ammo as we go along so that we don't have to deal with the histeria. Find a good buy, stock up, and have it when you need it. With the exception of .300 Win Mag, .380 and .30-30, I have at least 500 rounds or components for that much for every firearm I own.

I have never had ammunition, primers, or powder go bad on me.
Posted by: Todd

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 01:24 PM

Yeah...the Administration is buying shells...and piling them up in the West Wing. It's probably Obama himself making the run on ammo at the local Wal-Mart, too.

Also, perhaps this is too simplistic, but you don't become "poor shots" by practicing a lot...in fact, for most, it's exactly the other way around.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 01:31 PM

It is VERY odd that the DHS is buying more ammunition for "Practice" by agents who arguably dont even need to carry, let alone shoot that much in the line of duty...More ammunition than was used per year by all branches of the armed forces in the Iraq war, by 20 times over.

Is it a form of corporate welfare for the ammo manufacturers?
Are they arming up for some domestic foe the expect to fight?
What justifies the purchase of this much ammo by a domestic security force that checks bags at the airport?
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 01:43 PM

The Zombies are coming? Paker's always been warning us about 'em.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 02:45 PM

Maybe the government anticipates this as a new alternative currency
Posted by: larryb

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 02:46 PM

i get most of mine thur cabelas

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: JTD

Maybe the government anticipates this as a new alternative currency

Sweet! I'm a millionaire!
Posted by: Mikespike

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Old habit of mine, every time go into a store that has .22LR, I would pick up a brick or a bulk pack box if I remembered to do so. I still have a few bricks of .22LR I got from the old Yard Birds/SeaMart in Olympia when it was $5/brick. I think I have about 6,000 rounds. The boys and I can easily shoot through a brick in an afternoon.

Some of us don't hoard, we just pick up ammo as we go along so that we don't have to deal with the histeria. Find a good buy, stock up, and have it when you need it. With the exception of .300 Win Mag, .380 and .30-30, I have at least 500 rounds or components for that much for every firearm I own.

I have never had ammunition, primers, or powder go bad on me.

Of course, that was before I lost everything in that boating accident.

fixed wink rofl

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 02:56 PM

Sadly I am only a thousand-aire and I don't expect the exchange rate to improve... Ever.

grin

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:00 PM

mannnnnn Slabby, killin me... i basically gave you the last of the ammo i could find rofl

Sportsmans, out

Sportco, out

Walmart's, out

Marksman, out

Bullseye, out

Federal Way, not out, only allowing 1 box of CCI Mini Mags per customer, or 2 50 count boxes of CCI Blazer per customer, and they dont have much..

hopefully you bought em all including the shorts and mags...

i have around 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mag that i bought a while ago, and now am kinda worried about finding more... good thing i know small store locations wink... Katie said her dad has a couple thousand rounds i could have if i want them i guess... so im not "completely out".... yet...

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:05 PM

You shoulda asked those homies that rolled into yer hood the other day if they were loaded for the deuce deuce.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:12 PM

with the price and scarcity of ammunition now... im going to have to dust the ol hatchet off and use that...

i have i think 40 cases of once fired 30-06 brass sitting in front of my face right now if anyone wants it....

100 dollars.....

im kidding, you can have it for free, if anyone wants it, let me know...

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:30 PM

When I was a kid I'd save the 30-30 and 30-06 shells from mine and my dad's hunting rifles. Me and the neighbor kid would stuff them with matchheads, and then plug them with tinfoil balls...electrical tape them to Hot Wheels, set the Hot Wheel car on the driveway, and then hold a lighter to the shell until it would ignite the matches inside and send the car flying down the driveway ass over teakettle.

Then we'd do it with another car...and keep doing it until we either ran out of cars, ran out of shells, or got tired of the blisters on our fingers.

Being kids, we usually ran out of shells first.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:39 PM

I just got home.
The 22LR's that I bought.....only 5 boxes, but better than nothing, right?......well, if I would have looked closer........LOL

I am now the proud owner of 250 rounds of 22 birdshot..........

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I think I need to just go shoot myself in the azz with them. Gawd. laugh

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
I just got home.
The 22LR's that I bought.....only 5 boxes, but better than nothing, right?......well, if I would have looked closer........LOL

I am now the proud owner of 250 rounds of 22 birdshot..........

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I think I need to just go shoot myself in the azz with them. Gawd. laugh

it was BIRDSHOT???? man im sorry Slab, ill call her tommorow and rattle her cage a little wink did you buy the shorts or mags? my brother may be wiping her out if you didnt....

im really sorry man, she thought they were LRs, shes not a shooter so i can see her confusion... my brother is calling one of his contacts, recently he got a 100 round box of .45 ACP for 24.99 so the price is right, if hes got any .22s ill buy some up and give you some for your troubles... if i get the rounds from Katies dad ill give you a few boxes for free... again, im really sorry...

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 07:55 PM

RH......no problem
I can read
or at least I used to be able to read. LOL

I am an idiot.

Got a match, Dan?
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
The Zombies are coming? Paker's always been warning us about 'em.

...and you tools didn't listen.

I have NO sympathy for any of you...especially when you all become zombified (Dogfish excluded) and I have to (or get too?) shoot you between the eyes.

Zombies. Only thing worse then a zombie is a PP zombie!

rofl

PS. Nothing personal. Zombies is what zombies are. They all gotta be put down.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 08:13 PM

Me first!!

Kimbar me timbers

I need it!

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 08:42 PM

Slab, if you need a brick I have some to spare, from budget to "budget breaker".

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 08:46 PM

I need. as in yes, please.
PM?
Posted by: Illyrian

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 09:08 PM

I thought ya gotta be kidding. I went to Walmart today and the Ammo
shelves look like a work in progress. I found 8 boxes of 22 bbcaps.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 09:15 PM

nope, no kidding Illy... i just searched roughly 15 websites, i found ONE that sold 500 round bricks of Lapua .22 LR ammo, shipped to me for the low low price of 140 bucks... and there isnt many of them left either...

the Walmart i ran to, had some .22 mags, but they were 20 bucks a box for 100 rounds...

this isnt funny anymore... can we please stop it?
Posted by: NickD90

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/08/13 10:46 PM

The internet is EVERYONEs friend.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=490

You are welcome. Just keep yer' paws off the 12 g 00 buck & slugs

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 12:29 AM

lol you didnt find anything...

all those are per 50, look at the prices... all the CCI and others are all gone... the reason that they are still available, and i bet theres only a few left, or there isnt any and the site isnt updated, is because noone in their right mind will pay 23 bucks for a 50 round box of .22 LR rounds...

anyone know the legalities of bringin ammo back from your cabin across the border? DF, BD?

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: NickD90
The internet is EVERYONEs friend.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=490

You are welcome. Just keep yer' paws off the 12 g 00 buck & slugs

Everything except for Eley is Out of stock.
Posted by: Chum Man

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 01:38 AM

i saw a guy on another board trying to sell bricks of remington golden bullets for $50 each...and had someone wanting to buy all he had. that stuff is garbage even when it was $15 a brick.

i'm one of the guys that usually buys a 50 or 100 round box at a time. i don't seem to get out to shoot my .22 more than couple times a year any more, and my gun likes CCI best.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 12:21 PM

Lapua is good stuff. Eley too.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 01:57 PM

au contraire Redhook. I did find something - its just expensive. So now its price and MFG? A bird in the hand is worth more than a fistful of .22 birdshot to some. It's called supply and demand. It depends on the want and the need. If someone just absolutely must have .22LR ammo RIGHT now, then I found some (and btw Eley is fine for .22LR - we are not talking premium centerfire rounds here). If they don't, then don't bitch that everything is out of stock....because its not. Oh and BTW - I know where there is plenty of CCI sitting on a storeshelf within 1/2 hour of Seattle - only they limit to (1) brick per visit per day. Hint: stay away from any of the normal haunts and bigger stores.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 02:54 PM

re read what i said about Fed Way, you will see that i already said that they are only allowing 1 box of CCI Mini Mags per customer, and 2 boxes of CCI Blazer per customer... they also dont have plenty, atleast not according to the guy i talked to yesterday...

this is my point...

CCI Blazer 2.99 per 50 round box...

Eley 23.00 per 50 round box...

.300 Win Mag 27.00 a box, roughly the same for the 7mm Rem Mag, for Remington Core Lokt rounds....

the .22s you linked up (saw it well before you posted it) are approaching baseline Magnum prices...

only top notch target shooters, or just plain idiots will buy the Eley, and Lapua rounds... like i said, i found another site called five7ammo, and they are selling the Lapua rounds for 99.99 per 500 round brick... your link is basically 250 dollars per brick... WAY too expensive for general .22 plinking/hunting... you would be better off to wait a month and stock up then...

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 06:48 PM

Join a GI rifle team. Friend of mine, Airguard shoots on their rifle team,
gets all his ammo gratis. He is always giving me Eley match ammo. Fantastic stuff. My CZ will put em in a ragged nickel size hole at 50
yards.

Re: What's with the run on 22LR? - 02/09/13 10:03 PM

LOL....my government issue days are over, over, over!! Got it?

If I go back in, there is going to be a big fkn Marine on each arm!

smile