Texting in theater ? Get shot

Posted by: Direct-Drive

Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 01:18 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/14/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 01:45 PM

That's why I always carry a gun to the theater. Nobody is going to interupt me playing Candy Crush.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 02:43 PM

I know a guy in his mid-70's that carries a .380 now.
Retired heavy construction general superintendent.
Used to having things done his way.
If he told me to stop playing with my cell phone, I would immediately stop.

Mouthing off and then throwing a bucket of popcorn at him would not be a good plan.

Mess with an old guy......and you might get ventilated.

Too bad for both families.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 02:46 PM

Two asshats off the streets at once. Someone should invent an app so people that want to piss people off and people that want to kill such can meet easier. Facebook for asshats

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
Two asshats off the streets at once. Someone should invent an app so people that want to piss people off and people that want to kill such can meet easier. Facebook for asshats

rofl
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 04:36 PM

They always have that PSA when you go-
"This is NOT the time nor the PLACE" . I will be turning my phone off for sure.
Posted by: goharley

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 04:44 PM

Quote:
...worked in law enforcement and security, attends church and Bible study...
Question for LaPierre: Who's supposed to stop a good guy with a gun?

Skittles, popcorn... maybe Florida should just ban snacks for the sake of public safety.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Banned User
Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
...so people that want to piss people off and people that want to kill such can meet easier. Facebook for asshats

Like the dark side, only with killin'......I like it.

You may not be totally useless Choad....

I was gonna say hell just froze over... But since there is no hell, the closest thing would be...

DanS lighter just ran out of Butane?...
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 09:05 PM

Damn, Barbarosa. Hope you get to use the interwebz in prison.
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper
I was gonna say hell just froze over... But since there is no hell, the closest thing would be...

Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Banned User
Danny couldnt set something on fire with a 10 gallon can of gas and a case of lighters...

That little fuk is all smoke and no fire...

grin

You shut your facehole or I'll burn a hole like this in your head.

smile

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 09:57 PM

Mr. Heater Owner's Manual

Chapter 7
Using Mr. Heater as a weapon

rofl

Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/14/14 10:20 PM

lol
Posted by: Todd

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/15/14 12:36 PM

There's an outside chance that the bubbler sitting next to the bag may have played a part in the bag burning wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/15/14 12:37 PM

P.S. By "outside chance", I mean 100% chance in this case wink
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/15/14 12:41 PM

NOTE SECOND TO LAST SENTENCE
A LITTLE COMMON SENSE FROM AN OLD COWBOY ... Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong. Keep skunks and bankers at a distance. Life is simpler when you plow around the stump. A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor. Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled. Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight. Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads. Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you. It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge. You cannot unsay a cruel word. Every path has a few puddles. When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty. The best sermons are lived, not preached. Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway. Don’t judge folks by their relatives. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer. Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time. Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none. Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’. Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got. The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’. Always drink upstream from the herd. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment. Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in. If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you. Most times, it just gets down to common sense.

Michael Traveler, author of Michael Traveler, author of Postcards from the Backroads
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/15/14 01:27 PM

I knew that no good comes from texting. Dumb ass shoulda' known to keep his phone turned off in a movie theater.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/15/14 07:31 PM

You know the geezer was a typical authoritarian mr cop personality that likes to power trip on people. You also know the fukstik texting was a typical "dude" I will do what I want FU arsewipe. Did he deserve to die for being a fuckstik? No but when you enter the fukstik zone you pays your money and you take your chances. He lost and broken hearts are for assholes.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 03:46 PM

You carry a gun.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
Every single person I have met, without fail, that carries a gun everywhere, like the movie theater, has average to below average intelligence and is an asshole to boot. Think about all the people you know and name one genius who packs heat to a movie theater. Why do assholes and idiots love guns so much?

Dogfish and I are the exception..I think you mean the ones that open carry in public places. :>)

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 06:37 PM

FP. So the men that conceal carry are really afraid someone will pull their pants down and the world will see they have pussies. What about women that carry? Everyone knows they have a pussy and every man wants to see it , some by force. Makes sense that the hens should pack if they want to go for a run and not live in fear.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 06:43 PM

Actually having fellow employees robbed at gunpoint, and also kidnapped either in the evening or early morning so the bank robbers could access the bank before they were open is the primary reason I carry.

As the only person here at my branch with prior LEO experience I get to approach undesirables when noticed around our branch, part of Safecatch. At those times, I carry concealed, confront them and see what is going on. At the same time I approached a streat urchin last Friday, one of our other branches was being robbed 20 miles away.

When transferring money between branches, I open carry. I get no advanced notice of these transactions, but I get to do this once in a while. It isn't uncommon for me to have a rifle in my vehicle as well. I surely don't look forward to, or anticipate a confrontation that will "go loud" with glee, but if it does I am somewhat prepared. This is specifically allowed by my employment contract, and it is noted in my "other duties as assigned" in my job description.

There is a difference between a hick who carries with the intent to seek out and do harm to another and someone who has had a fair amount of training (400+ hours), specifically on the legal repercussions of drawing a firearm and discharging it at or into another person. If that was my intent, I'd head to Belltown, the corner of Pike & Pine, or Pioneer Square on a Saturday evening around 1:00am.

As far as being an asshole, well ...

Posted by: NickD90

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 06:53 PM

I don't carry a firearm, but my gun is with me and ready to go at all times.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun...This is for fighting, this is for fun!"
Posted by: IrishRogue

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 07:40 PM

Excellent reference Nick. I fully support your right to carry it, alebeit concealed would be good.

FP -- your posts on this thread have been surprising and good reads!
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 07:51 PM

I carry when the possibility of a large halibut encounter is in the air, and when I go up to the upper Skytucky. Other than that, if I am traveling a fair distance, or going to the Hood/Todd's house..I'll sometimes carry.
Basically its only when I think I 'll be in a place where I might need it or it would be prudent. However, Those places seem to be increasing as of late...

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 08:38 PM

FP, CCW carriers are for the most part the last people you have to fear...criminals generally don't take the steps to obtain them.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 08:40 PM

If you carry because you are going to be somewhere dangerous (wilds or otherwise), and want it in case of emergencies, then good on you...if you carry because you are afraid of getting your ass kicked, then you probably deserve getting your ass kicked, you know it, and you carry because you are too big of a pussy to either take your deserved beating or hand one out.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 08:42 PM

+1. Agree.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 09:41 PM

I hope the shooter gets life.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 10:23 PM

There was no imminent danger. He certainly deserves whatever sentence he gets.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 10:34 PM

The butter on the Popcorn could have left stains on the Perps clothing...may plead to MS. rolleyes
Posted by: Jet

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/16/14 11:18 PM

I have had a concealed carry permit for 10 + years, and I have strict rules on when, and when not to carry.
Rule #1> Never carry while at work ( Gets in the way of my tool belt)
Rule #2> Never carry under the influence, or anticipation of being under the influence.
Because of the rules above, I only allow myself to carry during church ( Jim Jones really freaked me out)

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 10:03 AM

No ez answers to carrying, but one thing is for sure. You can either "be prepared" or "be prepared to be a victim". Your choice.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 11:46 AM

FP,

Here is your poster child for the type of guy you were describing.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Buckley-Doomsday-Prepper-facing-gun-charge--240657731.html

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: salmosalar
I can't say I've ever been in a situation where I thought I'd be better off if I had a gun right then. If you find yourself in that situation a lot, or afraid of that situation you may have problems that a gun can't help.

Go Sox,
cds

I have this acquaintance, normal guy, normal life.
He was robbed at gun point.
After taking all his valuables and before he ran off, the perp made him strip down to his skivvies .

It could happen to anyone.
I guess I've been lucky so far.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
I have this acquaintance, normal guy, normal life.
He was robbed at gun point.
After taking all his valuables and before he ran off, the perp made him strip down to his skivvies .

It could happen to anyone.
I guess I've been lucky so far.

Wouldn't happen to me. First off, I don't carry around anything valuable enough to be worth anyone's life. Secondly, I don't wear underwear. Freeballin4life!

Not so fast, commando....
The perp's disappointment with everything would probably lead to nekked street dancing by gunfire.

smile

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 06:18 PM

Didn't take long.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/man-stabbed-back-pioneer-square/ncrxb/

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Is there a connection between these stories that I'm not seeing?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 07:28 PM

laugh

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/17/14 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Is there a connection between these stories that I'm not seeing?

Fish on...

Todd

I told FP if I really wanted to go shoot someone I would hang out in Bell Town, Pioneer Square, or Pike and Pine, alluding to the violence that takes place down there. Sure enough a day or so later a violent crime takes place.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/22/14 03:29 PM

http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/4-peo...-241161861.html
And again...

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/23/14 12:51 PM

Looks like the first guy beat some ass but not the second couple. When the woman gets out to brawl before the man, you know that guy's got to be a pussy, so that's probably why they got their ass beat.

If you check the SPD blotter that was a slow night, nobody was shot.

Shoulda been

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/23/14 02:04 PM

Looks like the first guy beat some ass but not the second couple. When the woman gets out to brawl before the man, you know that guy's got to be a pussy, so that's probably why they got their ass beat.

If you check the SPD blotter that was a slow night, nobody was shot.

Plenty of opportunity for that to happen. This one was Pike & Pine area. There was another Belltown robbery as well. Lazy robber didn't even get out of her car.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/23/14 05:34 PM

..or looking to shoot someone.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/23/14 07:27 PM

... or walking home

I walk thru there every night on my way to the ferry... I have never had a reason to shoot anyone, and never gave anyone a reason to shoot me... knock on wood

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/27/14 03:38 PM

Target rich environments.

Belltown
http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/Polic...-242254561.html

Pioneer Square
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Woman...-242211961.html

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/27/14 06:13 PM

I use it as a guide on where "not" to be.

Re: Texting in theater ? Get shot - 01/27/14 09:04 PM

Thankfully they're not very good shots.
Sad to be thankful for that.