What happened to MH370

Posted by: BroodBuster

What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 06:21 PM

I've got no clue??

If I had any loved ones on that plane I'd be loosing my mind. At first I wrote it off as crashed at sea but the longer this goes on who the hell knows.

There are only three things I feel to be certain.

1) It took off and didn't land as scheduled.

2) Governments are corrupt and incompetent.

3) The media is damn near as incompetent as Gov.

Other than that everything else is up for speculation.....

Hijack? Bomb? Stolen? Asteroid? Alien's?

Almost a week into it and mechanical failure seems to be the lowest probability. Unbelievable!

So go ahead and speculate away. Even if we tried we couldn't sound as dumb as the Gov officials and media smile
Posted by: larryb

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 06:49 PM

fox says Obama did it
Posted by: movesfast

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 07:11 PM

I figure the likelihood is it crashed.

Part of me wonders if its on a remote airstrip getting repainted and loaded with fertilizer
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 07:48 PM

[quote=larryb]fox says Obama did it
[/quoMSNBC says it's Bush's fault. or some gun carrying right wing fundamentalist Christian.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 09:27 PM

It was Bush's fault.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 09:45 PM

I know exactly what happened. Kris Kristopherson happened.

Millennium - A horrible 80's crapfest
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/13/14 11:53 PM

Gravity is an unforgiving harsh mistress.

Catastrophic mechanical malfunction of some sort which lead to the pilots not having the time or ability to react accordingly.

That would be my best guess.

Posted by: Dan S.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 12:30 AM

The ocean is big. Even a 777 is little - by comparison.

It will be found eventually. Besides Amelia Earhart, they always are.
Posted by: cruzn99

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 12:35 AM

depressurization, just like payne stewarts plane, that would explain being in the air for the extra couple of hours. that or ET.
Posted by: Todd

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 11:35 AM

I found it!

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/for/4372477162.html

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Coho

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 12:16 PM

Not sure how accurate this is, but it is probably close enough to give you a sense of the scale of the search for the 777 in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.cockeyed.com/science/flight_370/flight_370.html

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 12:18 PM

I wonder if Fariq takes Pay Pal? grin

Now "they" are saying that 2 - 3 transponders were manually shut-off and that the flight may have flown for another 5 hours. So much for that came-apart-in-mid-air theory. I never bought that crap to begin with. A 777 coming apart in the air, regardless of how it came apart - would garage sale parts and pieces for miles (see S.S. Columbia disaster). Seat cushions, Oil and Gas float and something would have been found by now. I guarantee that we have satellites trained on the entire area by now.
Posted by: Salman

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 08:36 PM

If indeed the plane was hijacked and this turns out to be a terrorist event who will be doing what? Will China invade the suspects country or will America invade the country for China yet borrow money from China in order to do it? It would seem fair to keep as many people employed while doing this so I am voting for the latter.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 10:21 PM

wtf do they let the transponders be disabled? That's just f'n stupid.
Posted by: cruzn99

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 10:30 PM

no more black boxes, all flight information should be uploaded to some sort of 'cloud' platform to be deleted after a set time period.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/14/14 10:58 PM

Agree.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/15/14 10:57 AM

Uploading location and other information to a "cloud" service is not physically possible. It would take an array of commercial satellites that cover the skies and work in unison to provide coverage (you can forget land based comms). There are simply too many commercial flights around the world on a daily basis (too many data points) and too many gaps in coverage to make that feasible today. Remember, our oceans are HUGE.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/15/14 11:25 AM

If we decided we need to know where every commercial flight is at all times, it could be done using existing datalink and lf radio technology. As it stands, I don't see it happening unless more than one flight in decades goes missing, because it costs money to do so.

Airlines hate additional regulations that require you to spend $$$$ as much as the next guy.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/15/14 12:25 PM

Dan - they already have datalink and LF radio & radar tech on the ground and in the planes. It only works when in range and it can be manually circumvented. There are no towers in the middle of pacific. Secure, job specific arrayed satellites covering the sky or floating radar / data towers covering the oceans are the only way to "see" certain parts of Earth.

I just listened to a Government NSA / CIA / NASA data expert dude explain just how "dark" some of the earth really is. He did a much better job at explaining it than I am regurgitating it.

My guess is that the flight landed somewhere bad, all passengers were executed and the 777 is currently being retrofitted into an ICBM. Yeah - that... rolleyes
Posted by: matsuflyer

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/15/14 12:40 PM

For the most plausible, professional discussion regarding the missing Malaysian T7 MH370, http://www.pprune.org/. Flight Deck Forum/Rumours and News

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/17/14 09:12 PM

So now it looks like the pilot is being called a "political fanatic", and a hardcore supporter of the opposition leader in Malaysia.

On the day the flight disappeared the pilot went to the opposition leader's sodomy trial, where said leader was found guilty and sentenced to five years in jail.

The pilot then got on a flight and flew away...and hasn't been seen since.

Weird if that's a coincidence...but a lot weirder coincidences have taken place.

It's not hard to envision this plane being turned into some sort of a weapon somewhere...but I can't see how it could get anwhere near much of importance, at least not here in the west.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/17/14 09:51 PM

Perhaps the pilot wanted to attend Fred Phelps' funeral.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: parker
Catastrophic mechanical malfunction of some sort which lead to the pilots not having the time or ability to react accordingly.

I'm slightly changing my mind as to what happened. Or, at least now believe that there was a catastrophic fire (not mechanical) on board the aircraft that lead to the pilots disabling all electrical systems, eventual disabling of all the pilots/passengers and the plane just flew on autopilot and eventually crashed in the Indian Ocean when it ran out of fuel.

Pilots probably reacted accordingly, but simply ran out of time and options. They all died after the plane was put in an autopilot state, either by the smoke, or the eventual impact with the ocean.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Everything that happened so far reflects this theory.

Sadly, if you watch enough of the airplane accident type shows where they go over this type of stuff, this is probably the most legit theory out there.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 03:09 PM

All electrical systems disabled except the auto pilot?

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 03:15 PM

The problem with the electrical fire theory is that electrical fires move really slowly, and would have to overcome multiple redundant communications systems over a pretty significant amount of time before all communications would be lost.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
All electrical systems disabled except the auto pilot?

There was a fire.

Pilots think it's electrical in nature, so they turn off the master breaker switch. The plan was to turn things back on to isolate the source.

First thing I'd turn on beside basic nav and cockpit controls would be the autopilot, so I could get out of my seat and go see if I could find and put out the fire.

Too late. The crew probably ends up doing a few things to try to save the plane (course correction, altitude change, etc) but are eventually overtaken by smoke, flames, or all of the above.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 07:48 PM

72 Virgins? Allah Akbar!!
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 07:53 PM

I'm with Parker on this one. It is weird how many people almost seem to get off on the terrorism idea.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 07:58 PM

Occam's razor bitchez it's in the ocean somewhere . All is lost!
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 08:45 PM

Sad as it might be, : all are lost:.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 10:08 PM

No matter what happened to the plane, or where it is now, I'm pretty sure that there are no passengers alive to talk about it.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/18/14 11:19 PM

Hard to believe that they haven't found some flotsam by now.
A lot of water to cover, though with the search area expanding to the west/southwest.

And no, I don't think they made a soft landing on terra firma.
Posted by: Salman

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/19/14 01:30 AM

Perfect dive straight into the water barely made any rings.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/19/14 12:19 PM

I heard early this morning something about people in the Maldives (200 miles or so SW of India) claiming to have seen the plane, or one just like it, flying very low over the Islands, low enough to rattle the windows and get everyone outside to watch it fly over.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/19/14 02:07 PM

I'm guessing at least one Gov (China) and maybe more (China/US) know exactly were this plane is.

Hijacked/Pirated and then shot down somewhere remote. And all the info that's being leaked is just subterfuge so folks are looking in the wrong area.

This op has moved to cover up mode.

There's no way there was a fire or other mechanical problem. Aviators rule of thumb is aviate, navigate, communicate. And that's in no particular order so with two in the cockpit while one is working on aviate the other is working on communicate.

If Chuck is right, and I think he is, in that someone took the plane to 45K feet and depressurized the plane that is one of the most heinous crimes in human history!

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/19/14 07:19 PM

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

This is the thoughts of a pilot. I like his explanations. From a non pilot view (I know some of you think I am) seems legit. As much as Id like to find all the passengers alive, this would beat having to see this plane explode a nuke on us
Posted by: eddie

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/19/14 11:56 PM

Movesfast, I saw this too. I'm reminded of Occam's Razor - in the absence of fact, the simplest explanation is usually the truth.

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/20/14 08:19 AM

Possible parts found in the southern Indian ocean 1500 miles west of Australia
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/20/14 08:27 AM

link, Jerry?
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/20/14 08:36 AM

found this:
http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Au...-251132271.html

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/20/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: eddie
Movesfast, I saw this too. I'm reminded of Occam's Razor - in the absence of fact, the simplest explanation is usually the truth.

Ha ha. Occams Razor was the first thing that popped into my head when I read it as well.
Which is funny because its usually women, hunting and fishing

In light of news theories, it looks like my link is going to be incorrect

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/21/14 12:08 AM

I've changed my mind. I'm now with Don Lemon and CNN on this one. It was a Black Hole duh.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/21/14 12:39 AM

this jet is in a secret hidden hanger with everyone killed onboard. it will be used as terrorism tool.
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: What happened to MH370 - 03/21/14 01:59 AM

Smoke monster got em . . . . . . .