Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle)

Posted by: madcapmag

Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/24/14 08:27 PM

Sorry mods if this is not the right place. Please move to the appropriate forum if necessary.

Hi All,

We have a full-time or part-time opening at the Outdoor Emporium in Seattle. I know all of you like to fish, so I'll get down to the nitty-gritty. I am looking for someone who has the right personality to work a retail job, which includes helping customers, stocking, doing inventory, and other tasks during the day to day operation. We try to be fluid, so having knowledge in camping, marine, hunting, and clothing is always a plus. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time, you must be able to lift a reasonable amount of weight, and you must pass a drug test. We also do background checks on all of our prospective employees.

I would prefer someone who can work through the year, however if you are a student, we can work with your schedule once school starts. We also require all of our employees to work at least one weekend day.

Please send me a resume at bkim@outdooremporium.net if you are interested!
Posted by: Kinetic Kwik

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 04:10 AM

1 star

4 potential

Thanks madcapmag, for posting this over here.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 04:04 PM

Come on Evok
Do tell, Why not you?
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 04:14 PM

A job posting is kryptonite to a stoner. If you want to keep him out just put up a help wanted sign . It makes him too weak to post.
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 05:04 PM

you guys are idiots you know that?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 05:36 PM

ill show you idiot John...

im glad you have never faced financial hardship in your life, im glad you are successful (at talking sh!t atleast), good for you... but that doesnt make you "better" than anyone...

also, you must have failed Geography, Economics, and even Math in school because it would be feasibly impossible for me to work in Seattle were i live at 9.21 an hour, hell it would be tough at 20 an hour...

sometimes bad things happen to good people, but that doesnt mean you can jump on them each and every day because you think you know their whole situation... you listened to an idiot in my uncle, and now have some kind of hatred towards me and my family that was formed on a lie... you should rethink who you talk to about certian people, because i have or can get dirt on anyone if i so desire... because im NOT an idiot...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 05:49 PM

He has to hang around to rip on the bong and watch Cartoon Network . A gram a day. $100 he calls it his "meds"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 05:52 PM

you should all be nice to Evo, he's holding out for a management position, and rightly so...

once cousin Eddie dies, he's next in line

beer

catherine-says-hes-been-holding-out-for-a-management-postion

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 05:58 PM

Joad you need to shut the fvck up about anything fishing related including jobs, you probably couldnt catch a damn Beta in a cup with a 6/0 treble ya dunce...

Pipa, i dont have a cousin Eddie, so yeah...

as far as "Evo", you know my damn name, call me by it... all Evo is was a handle my dad used a long ass time ago in Theological chat rooms... its short for Evodius, and i figured id use it to honor him in a way, for me, not you....

worry about yourself, because after a while you are going to piss me off...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:03 PM

Damn I thought Evo was short for " summers eve" the douche.
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:15 PM

Financial hardships are usually overcome by....? Hint: Filing bankruptcy is not the correct answer.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:21 PM

Is the Drug Test multiple choice?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:23 PM

well you arent very smart so im not surprised Joad...

wntrrn, please dont act like you would know what to do if you were me... because you arent me, you arent here, and you arent helping...

and i have no intentions of filing bankruptcy, that is for idiots that went and bought a 60k dollar truck and a 80k dollar boat and dont even own their own house and got laid off 3 months after they bought them... im not that type of person...

thanks for caring tho...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Evo

and i have no intentions of filing bankruptcy, that is for idiots that went and bought a 60k dollar truck and a 80k dollar boat and dont even own their own house and got laid off 3 months after they bought them... im not that type of person...

Of course you're not that type of person... you would need a job in order to get laid off...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:43 PM

ive never said anything of the sort... and being pissed off has nothing to do with intimidation, assault, or anything of that sort... so call the cops on me John, it wouldnt be the first time, and it wouldnt be the first time they leave without doing anything...

if you think YOU are going to intimidate me with threats of calling the police, then you are full of sh!t as well...

i call it standing up for myself, and well, all the proof you need is right in front of your face...

did you know that you can also be sued for slander and libel?

even tho you assholes do this sh!t to me, if something bad happened to you, i would always be there to listen and or talk, because thats what people need in times of difficulty... but thats because im a REAL dude, not some arrogant selfless prick that has nothing better to do than try to hurt someone they dont even know...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 06:53 PM

I generally gave you the benefit of doubt before you volunteered that you torch a gram of weed a day. After not so much.

You have to be able to prove harm in a libel or defamation case. You are the only one harming yourself so maybe you should lawyer up and go after you?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 07:17 PM

never said i smoke a gram a day... never once... i infact said less than...

and WTF does that have to do with anything? you still stuck on what the government told you your whole life? you going to totally denounce head professors at Harvard Med, and many other colleges as well that state that it was all BS? i mean the government knows more than the people that taught them right? yeah, seems legit...

whats better, smoking .5 which is the equivalent of a bowl in some strains, waking up not under the influence or effects whatsoever or pounding a pint of Whiskey every night and going in to work reeking like old booze and hungover as crap?

or maybe you are right, maybe i should stop smoking weed, and go back to getting prescribed Xanax and Ativan and Ambien, and even the AD's i never took because prescription drugs are OK to take in society with a prescription right?

you wanna know why our country and world is so screwed up? because people believe political bullsh!t, and everyone rushes to get prescribed something that "helps" them, but in turn is a mind/mood altering drug that can kill, screw them up even worse, get them hooked, ect, instead of doing something simple like looking at Ma Nature first...

i havent taken a prescribed drug in 8 years, and i never intend to do it again, because i conquered my issues, now i just need to get a grip on the rest of it... but thats my battle, not yours, so just butt out of it k?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 07:18 PM

also Joad, i have proof, the whole family knows what went down... and yeah, it fvckin HURT me...
Posted by: Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 08:14 PM

This thread has got some legs.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 08:38 PM

Evo...give up the Bud....nothing makes you more lazy and unmotivated. I quit in 96' and my life changed for the better. Don't you THINK that would be a good start?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 08:55 PM

SD, i dont even smoke anything till past 8pm usually, i dont even drink any beer anymore before 7:30 or 8pm... i used to do both all day long, and that was on weekends and such WHILE i was working full time..

i dont even smoke or drink while on the river anymore, i dont need anything affecting my abilities while doing it...

the fact of the matter is i have changed for the better, and it has nothing to do with laziness or unmotivation...

if i were such a sh!tty person, and stupid, and worthless, how on earth could i have a girlfriend thats 2 quarters away from her degree in the Medical field that ive been with for 8 years, friends that always want me to go fishing, and even come and pick me up to take me, that i dont even ask but they do because ive known them 20 years, and they know the real me, not some assholes on the internets assumption... how would that work?

it works because everything everyone thinks, is wrong... thats how..

thinking and knowing are 2 different things, if you think someone is something they arent, you are an idiot, if you know someone is something they are, well you have figured it out...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:00 PM

SD, i dont even smoke anything till past 8pm usually, i dont even drink any beer anymore before 7:30 or 8pm...

There's your sign Nate.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:07 PM

moose

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Banned User
and posting on the internet all day

technically speaking he does not post between 2:00am and 12:00pm

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:26 PM

whatever...

i dont have time to be trolled by idiots that call me the troll and get me in trouble...

if i were such a sh!tty person i would have ZERO friends, ZERO girl, and be living under a bridge...

but that all ties back into my last line of the last statement section...

with the exception of having a running car right now, i have everything i need, i pay my own way, and help others out as well... i make sure my mom has what she needs, and make sure my girlfriend has what she needs and i go without if i have to....

and i really dont give a flying fvck what anyone thinks about that...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:32 PM

Dollars to Donuts....he's one of the 11 million on disability.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:35 PM

Ringa ding ding dong on that

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:36 PM

go prune a Photinia and STFU John...

you know dick, well that and my uncle who is a dick...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:37 PM

disability?

dont you have to be disabled to collect that?

yeah...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:48 PM

you say that like you are some kind of superior designer...

LOL..

and i never blamed anyone, i never even complained about any of it, or even said anything about any of it till people like you started piping off about it...

and there are plenty of people in my position and in worse positions, but if that makes you think you are better then them, well again you are full of sh!t...

you try to clown on me because i wont go beg someone for help, and am trying to do everything on my own...

i dont beg for sh!t John, never have, never will... if i want something, i get it, and some things take longer to obtain than others... but atleast i can say ive done it on my own, rather than ride someones coat tails and act like i accomplished everything in my life on my own like your fake ass friends do, and probably you too...

go get laid John, then come back and talk sh!t to me... better yet, go fishing ya old goat fvckin wannabe...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 09:58 PM

disability?

dont you have to be disabled to collect that?

yeah...

You mentioned depression and Xanax, half the fraud disability is used under this disguise.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 10:47 PM

Lots of victims in the world.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: KK
you just smoke pot, post, and con your friends into taking you fishing, when your wortess ass should be looking for a job.

Hey - fuckhead - I have a job.

Oh................wait..............you weren't talking to me, were you?

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 11:33 PM

yeah well im not half of anything SD, im 100 percent me, and i dont like taking that sh!t... i havent even been to a doctor in 8 years with the exception of getting stitches in my leg... and i turned down the Vicodin they wanted to prescribe me because i dont even take Tylenol or Asprin...

John, drink another pint and go and harrass the other 50 percent of the board like you normally do... ive got plenty of ambition, and plenty of respect, cept for you, you lost that when you opened your fat mouth about something my uncle told you that isnt even true...

LOL, hes mad because they fvcked me and i didnt just roll over and accept it, i told him to go fvck himself and never talk to me again and almost sued his punk ass but didnt want the lawyers to take it, so i told him to choke on it... i didnt even go to my nephews birthday last year because you spewed that bullsh!t all over the internet to people that didnt have a right to know, which you dont either, and i knew what i would have done if i were there and he even looked at me....

so if i were you, i would stop, because you HAVE hurt me.. mind your own business, keep my name out of your mouth, and for gods sake, find some new friends... because if he would do that to his nephew, he surely would screw you over as well...
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/25/14 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
you just smoke pot, post, and con your friends into taking you fishing, when your wortess ass should be looking for a job.

smile

Gold!

rofl
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 12:00 AM

I read that imagining you sniffling and wiping your snotty nose writing that.
Get some self respect and quit posting on fishing websites, man up and try to at least take care of yourself much less a girlfriend. Most people your age have a career, family, a running car, a house, and maybe a boat.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Redd_Daetona
A guy posts, or trys to post a job opening on this gone to shrit forum, and all you small minded moronic cyber bullys make a run to your keyboards just to get Evo's ire up ?

Pretty much. wink

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 12:37 AM

A lab walked out of the river today and walked over to two girls sitting on a blanket. He was all happy to see them them and doing the big lab tail wag that wags their whole body. The girls were loving him up pretty good and then out of nowhere he humps up a drops a big steamer right on the blanket. He scoots around a bit and ends it with a couple of back kicks of sand as he walks away. Some people were disgusted , some got mad that some one would let the dog do that and I laughed at the whole show. Different strokes

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: No Warranty
I read that imagining you sniffling and wiping your snotty nose writing that.
Get some self respect and quit posting on fishing websites, man up and try to at least take care of yourself much less a girlfriend. Most people your age have a career, family, a running car, a house, and maybe a boat.

and you post that response to me, on all places, a fishing website... awesome motivational tactic genius... if you dont know the story, i suggest you keep your mouth shut about it... thanks...

the rest of you morons are ruining this forum, not me... even when im not here, you talk sh!t about me, hell i only joined here like 5 years ago because someone was posting AS ME... the obession towards me and my daily life is mind boggling, why would you care so much? why does it bother you what i do or dont do? i dont give a sh!t about you, so why all the direct attention?

oh thats right, your jealous and intimidated... not hard to figure that out... have fun with that one..

Redd, ill be talkin to ya soon...
Posted by: Chaz

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 01:09 AM

I only read PP for this Jerry Springer Sh!t. Seriously, this is better than Jerry. Nate, I think you can really run with this as a career. It fits your life style.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 01:50 AM

thanks, atleast you used my real name..

madcap, if you are reading this still, if you would like i can post it for you on a page i help with on FB, 4k more people will see it....

let me know...
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:55 AM

Nate, the human condition hasn't really changed much in some ways. We used to live in caves and work our asses off to survive. Now we live in houses and work our asses off to survive. If you want to admit you would be done without modern society, maybe saber tooth cat food, than so be it. But if there is an ounce of survival or fighter in you than you need to get a job or your inner voice will eat you up for all your days and make you a whiny bitch because you can't stomach the truth. You know the truth.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Quote: ".. the obession towards me and my daily life is mind boggling, why would you care so much?"

I'm feeling charitable so I'll give you the most probable answer.

Those of us who drag our butts out of bed each morning to earn an honest living and support our families have no respect for those who are too lazy to do the same. And when you keep making lame excuses as to why you won't get a job, you paint a big "kick me" sign on your back.

And when you consider that lazy people such as yourself survive by sponging off of others, including sponging off of taxpayers, directly or indirectly, this is what you get.

Pretty much sums it up.
You just don't want to wake up someday when you're 72 and think WTF happened ?
Posted by: Bent Metal

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 01:19 PM

Another day on the pond. Looks like everyone's out trolling again... banana
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Quote: "..

Those of us who drag our butts out of bed each morning to earn an honest living and support our families have no respect for those who are too lazy to do the same. And when you keep making lame excuses as to why you won't get a job, you paint a big "kick me" sign on your back.

And when you consider that lazy people such as yourself survive by sponging off of others, including sponging off of taxpayers, directly or indirectly, this is what you get.

Sounds like a republican talking point.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 03:38 PM

Nates theme song....

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-Sdq2EKrg&list=RD95-Sdq2EKrg#t=0[/video]
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

smile

Gold!

rofl

DanS for the WIN!
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 04:59 PM

I think Steelspanker's post does sum up why most would take an interest Nate Redhook's PP meanderings. Who can respect a deadbeat, which is how Redhook has always come across.

But one other post a page or so back hit a plausible point. Redhook might be on disability, so he has some spending money, cuz I assume his Stockholm Syndrome student girlfriend can't afford to support him, and his mom would have to be just as crazy as he is to support him. But in order to collect disability, one needs to be physically or mentally impaired. And those happen to be the very attributes that Redhook's myriad posts suggest that he is qualified for. So if he is a bonafide disability recipient, I'm gonna' quit disrespecting him . . . so much.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I think Steelspanker's post does sum up why most would take an interest Nate Redhook's PP meanderings. Who can respect a deadbeat, which is how Redhook has always come across.

But one other post a page or so back hit a plausible point. Redhook might be on disability, so he has some spending money, cuz I assume his Stockholm Syndrome student girlfriend can't afford to support him, and his mom would have to be just as crazy as he is to support him. But in order to collect disability, one needs to be physically or mentally impaired. And those happen to be the very attributes that Redhook's myriad posts suggest that he is qualified for. So if he is a bonafide disability recipient, I'm gonna' quit disrespecting him . . . so much.

Some people with Downs Syndrome are employed at Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.
It's upstairs, on the top floor.
If there is will present, there is a way.

Or you let your working years slip away and become a Walmart greeter in your old age if they will have you.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 05:39 PM

Bite is late today....maybe switch baits....

Perhaps the promise of a good flogging will draw a strike.

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 07:08 PM

I have a buddy who is a "work coach". Sounds ridiculous right? Well it actually is hugely beneficial to many of the disabled and their employers. He helps train and oversee the disabled as they learn their new routine at a new job and make it easier on employers.

He says that most of the mentally and physically disabled want to work and want nothing more than to be normal. He says he feels this is a true sign of someone who is disabled.

A pompous smart a$$ on the Internet who wants everyone to accept his disability is likely not disabled because he wants to actually be disabled. And if and when pompous a$$ actually became disabled they would likely want their old life back. It is astonishing how the human brain works.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 07:19 PM

yeah, because continuing to say that i collect disability is a pompous ass moronic remark...

and i dont want you to accept sh!t... i really dont give a fvck what you think, what you think you know, or how much better you think you are than me... i know who i am, what i do, what i can do, and what people close to me think of me... and thats ALL that matters, because some pompous assholes on the internet's opinion of me, is pretty much worthless...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 07:35 PM

Besides the excellent synopsis given by Steelspanker, the problem is the fact that you are SO full of [Bleeeeep!]. You seem to believe a lot of it so you are technically delusional.

Now you are talking about how it isn't worth working in Seattle for x amount because of where you live but you've repeatedly talkies about all the people that would hire you in second for amazing hourly wages.

I understand there are a lot of a'holes here but you must admit that many here have tried to help you. You continually bring up your dad and when you do, it is apparent that his death emotionally killed YOU. Given that, do you really want to go through the rest of your life like that? Talk to others that have been through it and ask them how they made it through difficult times and progressed. Take some of that expensive stuff you're always talking about and sell some of it. Use that money for some counseling. It may seem like a waste of money but it sure beats wasting your life by having things bog you down.

When people try to help you, let them. When an expert offers to fix your car problems, follow through and do it. One thing leads to the next and to the next but right now, you seem dead in the water and need to get the ball rolling.

I do wish you luck.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 07:50 PM

Advice is wasted. It's all about attention , any attention . Negative attention is still attention and he puts out enough feedback to keep it rolling. If everyone completely ignored him it would be slug bait to him and he would dry up a float away to another site for his attention fix. If I was a to lay a bet I would bet that he does this on multiple sites in multiple disciplines.

I know a lady that knew his dad and she said he was everything and more Hook claims he was , great guy her last name is Hawk I am sure hook knows her. My guess is that it was tough growing up in his shadow and instead of going out and doing all the real stuff his dad did to earn peoples respect and adoration hook has coopted his dad's success and cannot figure out why no one gives him the props his dad got.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:05 PM

I wonder if they ever filled the position at Outdoor Emporium??

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:11 PM

i think you are talking about Michelle, Joad...

and i was working for my dad when he died, and everyone there loved me... so you are correct on some parts, but wrong on the rest...
Posted by: metaladdiction

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:14 PM

What position? Hey, what happened to the Possum thread?
Posted by: madcapmag

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:15 PM

This is entertaining! I've never really posted in here, nor read through here as I figured it was a bunch of jack-offs with little brains, but some of you are witty and sarcastic enough to have at least half on one!

I will say I am absolutely glad I posted in here, right or wrong.

I am doing interviews with some people soon... we'll see what happens. If this position is filled, do I still have to take this post down? Hope not.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:21 PM

Chances are these jack offs buy a lot of tackle so I am not sure insulting them is a good business model. If you want to meet some real jack offs they are in your gun dept. 1 in tackle.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:31 PM

i dont get upset, its the fvckin internet...

what i get upset about is you spreading lies and disrespecting my family that has nothing to do with any of this... you do it to hurt me, because you have some tainted opinion of me...

even then at the end of the day, its still GFY

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:40 PM

John i cant wait till you fall into a rut and have to think about selling your dads sh!t to get back on track... maybe i should be like you and start making fun of him huh?

nah, im better than that, and hope you never have to deal with what i have...

but still, as i said, its GFY...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:47 PM

John i cant wait till you fall into a rut and have to think about selling your dads sh!t to get back on track...

Dibs on the flint arrow heads!!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:53 PM

This is the black hole of PP... Insults, Ego's, and a**holes live here.

The bite came on late as expected stir

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 08:56 PM

BM, im not "biting" per say, im just having fun...

just like with the trolling, i could out fish KK on here, or IRL any day of the week...

theres something for ya John, put up or shut up...

whats it gonna be?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 09:27 PM

I thought about putting in an app at OE but that whole weekend and weekday work thing is asking a bit much.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 09:30 PM

Both my parents passed away recently. While I do miss them more than can be imagined, they'd be extremely upset if I let their passing ruin my life.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 09:33 PM

were you 25 years old and everything was going great, then found out that his brother and sister fvcked him and you over 19 days after he died secretly?

didnt think so...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 10:00 PM

the truth is the truth, i cant change that... if you are going to dig into my life, then atleast know it before you speak it...

and i aint a victim... never once said i was.. i just said i was wronged by people that i thought and was told would be there for me when something happened... but they werent...

so be it...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 10:04 PM

Sorry for your loss. We've all faced hardship in some way or another. I could give you my list, but choose to live in the present.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 10:07 PM

lol

I have nothing to add, except............. rofl

We're such fuckin' assholes on the dark side. grin

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 10:39 PM

The beauty is that PP delivers us high-grade entertainment like this FOR FREE! Thanks, Bob and Corey! thumbs

I guess redhook bugs some people. I don't get it myself, but I sure as hell don't want to put a damper on a thread of comedy gold like this. rofl

Keep it rolling. This fuckin' thread is now ranked, and could make a run at the legendary threads like 'The parrot chronicles".

smile
Posted by: JTD

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 11:07 PM

rofl

Nobody needs to do anything but drop down a bait, move it a few times, and you're on it....

rofl

Now you better short-stroke him and get some line back on the reel. Either that or you'll be in for a drawn out slug fest.

http://youtu.be/ohMS0Xedtj4

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/26/14 11:52 PM

:

I guess redhook bugs some people. I don't get it myself
smile

huh

Keep getting stoned every night and you'll wake up with no job and no house - 8 mile style and then you'll get it.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 12:15 AM

redcon rofl

atleast you have a quarter of a brain to come up with something as funny as that...

well, we will just call 24.5 percent a quarter..
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 12:34 AM

Don't mind me...just passing through...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
:

I guess redhook bugs some people. I don't get it myself
smile

huh

Keep getting stoned every night and you'll wake up with no job and no house - 8 mile style and then you'll get it.

I've had a job since I was in 8th grade and probably put in more fuckin' hours a week than you do.

I just don't give a sh!t what anyone around here does with their day. If you do, fine, but don't make weed-smoking cracks to me like I lay around all day and that's why I don't give a sh!t what redhook is up to.

Pay some fuckin' attention around here before you make yourself sound stupid again.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 08:28 AM

Everybody on here has had somebody important to them die, the older you are the more times it has happened. I'm sure your beloved father went through it more than once. Tell me Nate, how would your father have handled it? Would he have risen above the loss or would he have drug the loss around like a huge anchor?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 08:32 AM

My guess is that will be taken as an attack but it could also be taken as constructive criticism- those are words the of experience and wisdom.

Thanks JG

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 10:35 AM

were you 25 years old and everything was going great, then found out that his brother and sister fvcked him and you over 19 days after he died secretly?

didnt think so...

Some people will waddle thru life waiting for some big revelation that finally helps them see clearly and realize what they want to do. But, those don't usually happen until you're laying on your death bed regretting the time spent worrying about stuff you can't control. Revelations come in all sorts and it's usually the little stuff that will get a person to think and wake them up.

I've lost friends, parents, cousins that were close. I watched my business burn to the ground in April of 2012 and was working that day to get her up and running in another facility. Watched my 12 year old cousin die from anaphylactic shock right in front of us because only Medic 1 could administer epinephrine and they didn't respond to the call, only an EMT truck showed up even though we specifically called for Medic 1 knowing this. Look up the Kristine Kastner act to see how my cousin dealt with this loss. She pushed a bill thru the state legislature to allow EMT's to carry and administer the drug hopefully saving someone else from going thru the same thing she went thru.

We all have our sob stories. Some choose to look at it as part of life. Others, well....... don't.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 11:58 AM

The pile of a thread has some diamonds in it. Great last posts JG and wntrrn.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Good advice from a lot of folks. Store it so it can be used in a thread just like this one sometime next year. The only difference will be the broken down cars will make it tough for his GF to get to work rather than school.

The GF will get work and find a way to get there.
And a very likely outcome is when she's around energetic, go-getter types in the workforce, she will want that 24-7.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Don't mind me...just passing through...

Thanks for draggin' through !

Here's sumptin' you might want to try...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 01:49 PM

Didn't think this troll fishery could produce something as good as wntrrn's post. We all toe the line - Cross the line and become the "why me" victim or stand your ground and make sh** happen.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Good advice from a lot of folks. Store it so it can be used in a thread just like this one sometime next year. The only difference will be the broken down cars will make it tough for his GF to get to work rather than school.

The GF will get work and find a way to get there.
And a very likely outcome is when she's around energetic, go-getter types in the workforce, she will want that 24-7.

Evo's safe. She loves him just the way he is.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 02:03 PM

Evo Redhook et al.

1. Read Wntrrn's post. Read it again. Think about it.

2. Don't post so much stuff here about your life here unless it good stuff.
You will never be winner when you are so focused on how life has shait on you.

3. Don't post an answer to every question.

4. Get a job.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 03:49 PM

were you 25 years old and everything was going great, then found out that his brother and sister fvcked...

A little bit of editing and this quote makes perfect sense of it all now.

Still doesn't explain why Evo doesn't have, or won't get a job.

Best thread in a while. Sol would be proud. I think Evo's girlfriend needs a pet parrot or two.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 03:57 PM

you dont know where i live Parker... haul 300 pounds of tools from where i live to the bus, tell me how easy it is... thats just hand tools, not a compressor or gun or anything like that...

its nothing to do with wont... i asked someone for help and he told me no, i have proof of that as well... so none of you can say i havent been trying, ive asked a couple people for help as a matter of fact, friends, not family... and was told no... yet i still help one out every fvcking day and he goes fishing on charters and sh!t because of it...

maybe i should just start looking out for myself, maybe i should break up with my girlfriend, tell all my friends to screw themselves, and wake up when im 60 and wonder why i have been alone the last 25 years with no girlfriend and no friends but have a ton of money...

yeah, tons of money and boats and 80k dollar cars make people happy, i forgot about all that...
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 04:27 PM

Damn.....human plunking. You're going to need another punchcard.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 04:41 PM

Plunking and trolling are both accepted methods here. BTW, don't troll Dan S! eek2

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 06:27 PM

Very possible Redhook is doing some mooching too. Although the end result of that seems to be snagging taxpayers rather than finding willing biters.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 06:48 PM

... haul 300 pounds of tools from where i live to the bus, tell me how easy it is... thats just hand tools, not a compressor or gun or anything like that...

If you had an ounce of ambition normal to a healthy male, you'd haul those 300 pounds of tools all by yourself from wherever they are to wherever they need to be in order to get some work done with them.

... i asked someone for help and he told me no, i have proof of that as well...

Well whoop dee doo, someone won't help you. Everyone gets their share of NO and HELL NO, and then moves on. But you said you don't need anyone's help, so which is it?

so none of you can say i havent been trying,

Actually that is what we have been saying, and we say it because you don't try. Whether you know it or not, what you do is known as "whining" to the rest of normal humanity.

maybe i should break up with my girlfriend,

That would be doing her a favor. No woman worth having hangs with a deadbeat. So either she's not worth having, and if she is, the two of you should break up.

Evo, Nate, Redhook,

You tell us a lot about yourself. But I can't think of one thing you've told us that makes me think you're worthy of consuming the air that you breathe. All that you've revealed points to you being a deadbeat, the kind of deadbeat that caring mothers and girlfriends kick to the street.

When you post that you have a job, even a part time one, and begin earning your keep, you will begin getting different kinds of responses, from disbelief at first, to congratulations for joining the human race, and maybe even well wishes for you and your girlfriends future. Meanwhile, if I worry, I worry about your girlfriend sticking herself with a deadbeat.

Show us you're not a deadbeat. The ball's in your court.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 06:49 PM

dont think John, wouldnt want you to hurt yourself...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:08 PM

Salmo, this house is a FAMILY, we work TOGETHER AS A FAMILY, everyone brings what they bring to the table... everyone pitches in, and things go smoothly for the most part.. the most part is when i try to help out "friends", and they screw me over then i can run into issues, but that has ended, noone is getting any financial help from me outside of this FAMILY, this house, this system...

i do not collect disability, SSI, UE or anything of the sort... feel safe in knowing you dont pay a fvcking DIME for me..

the only issue we have is the car, my GF owes, yes, OWES, my mom 5 grand and me 6 grand for the 2 vehicles that were given to her, one of which was bought for her, and the other was my truck that she said she would replace because she is the one that broke it... she is trying to get her money, but she isnt getting any help with that either, and we cant really figure out how to do it...

you want to help, figure out a way for her to get that, and ill gladly shut you up for good... i was making 40+k a year when i was 25 years old, had no problem going to work, had no problem doing the work, had no problem excelling at the work, and you can find all that out with a few questions to the right people... ive shown you the proof, ive shown you the work, and you still just say its all a lie, and that i have no skills, no this, no that... not accepting fact is ignorance, so im not surprised...

the fact of the matter is that you will never change, if i got a job at say McDonalds, you would chastise me for working there, call me an idiot, say i have no skills and thats why i have to flip burgers for minimum wage.. if i used my degree, and worked at a nursery, for minimum wage, you would say that i have no ambition to better my skill set and life, and that im just an idiot that sells plants... because thats who you are, what you do, and how you treat me...

we here as a TEAM will figure this out, and i will go back and start off right were i left off when my dad passed, so at minimum, i will bring in an extra 35k a year to this FAMILY, because i havent lost anything, forgot anything, become not able to do anything that i was doing then, if anything, ive gotten BETTER at it...

and i tell you alot about myself because you form bullsh!t opinions and lies about me, spew them around like you think you are fvckin Aristotle or something, and that you are the law of the land and what you say goes...

well im telling you, you are full of sh!t....

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:09 PM

Maybe Evo has a job could be he has a 16 inch dong and uses it to service the old bags in the trailer park for a gratuity? Maybe he uses that dong on school girls and does trailer park web cam sex for a monthly fee?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:11 PM

ask your wife Joad, she can tell you all about it...

dont ever call me a pedophile again...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:16 PM

Fair enough it's bad enough everyone is calling you names let's make it 18 year or older school girls . Ones with meth teeth and bad tattoos .

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:16 PM

Or are you doing donkey shows!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:23 PM

Bus fare is too much and carrying all those towers on the bus is too much work.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:25 PM

rofl

the other computers are for my mother and my girlfriend, my tablet is also for them...

it has also not been 3 years with the car, nice try tho...

and about that help thing, i was told to do something, and when i went to do it, the battery was dead, and i needed another 140 dollars to get a new one, well i didnt have an extra 140 bucks to just to buy a battery, so i asked a friend if i could borrow one, and i was banned with no way of contacting that guy, because his number was in my messages folder... i was also told that if i couldnt get it done, that it would just be towed out to his shop and looked at, but again, i had no way of contacting him to even arrange anything, as i was not even ON HERE...

think before you speak about things you dont know, just like you tell me, John.... because you are WRONG again, bro...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:26 PM

and who in the hell said i pay for weed? did i ever? nope, i said i smoked it... thats all...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:27 PM

http://youtu.be/5II5K3Dh-pU

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:32 PM

Possum squad. He will kill your large marsupials with a hatchet and fix your windows PC on the same visit. He can just get a magnetic possum squad sign to stick to he bus.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:40 PM

yeah well i fixed these and they are mine, and thats none of your fvckin business dickhead...

whats your second job? how much do you make? do you work 2 jobs because you dont make enough on the first job? because noone works 2 jobs just because they like to work.. are you married? how much does your wife make? what does she do? do you have any animals? are they dogs? do you feed them good food or bullsh!t Pedigree? what do you feed your goats? dick? how much money is in your bank account? how much did you pay in taxes last year? how much do you make per hour? whats your annual income on both jobs you work?

basically STFU...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:54 PM

the only thing thats melting is the ice in my glass of pop...

im just playing your game...

and beating you at it...

again...
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:58 PM

the only thing thats melting is the ice in my glass of pop...

im just playing your game...

and beating you at it...

again...

At this moment in time, yes you are. Keep it up.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 07:59 PM

lying?

WANNA BET?

your friends are the liars and thieves John rofl

again, you lose...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 09:53 PM

Salmo, this house is a FAMILY, we work TOGETHER AS A FAMILY, everyone brings what they bring to the table... everyone pitches in,

That's what you tell us, but you never once that I can recall have told us what "YOU" bring to the table. Your mother supplies the trailer you all live in, and the food apparently, because you've never revealed that you earn ANY money to buy food for the household. And your Stockholm Syndrome girlfriend brings potential to the table because she is actually trying to do something by getting an education and marketable skill. So what is it that you bring to the table that would indicate you are not a deadbeat?

and things go smoothly for the most part.. the most part is when i try to help out "friends", and they screw me over then i can run into issues,

If you're over 30, heck even over 20, you'd know by now that "friends" wouldn't screw you over. That's not something that friends do. So at least some of the people you think are your friends, well, guess what? They're not friends. Honestly, just trying to help you out here because you're not acting like a person who is as smart as you would have us think you are.

i do not collect disability, SSI, UE or anything of the sort... feel safe in knowing you dont pay a fvcking DIME for me..

Well this is good news, but it also suggests that you have no excuse for not having a job, so that you can, ya' know, "bring something to the table" besides your apparent deadbeat self.

the only issue we have is the car, my GF owes, yes, OWES, my mom 5 grand and me 6 grand for the 2 vehicles that were given to her, one of which was bought for her, and the other was my truck that she said she would replace because she is the one that broke it... she is trying to get her money, but she isnt getting any help with that either, and we cant really figure out how to do it...

You were offered help here last year on getting one of your numerous cars operating, and you didn't act on it. Just like you don't act on job opportunities. You see, it's the actions you report on about yourself that tell me you're a deadbeat. I really don't know anything else about you.

i was making 40+k a year when i was 25 years old, had no problem going to work, had no problem doing the work, had no problem excelling at the work,

Ya' know, that's possible, but given all that has transpired here, I'm simply not inclined to believe you. Your posts lead many of us to believe you don't want a job, can't hold down a job, and are incapable of doing the things that functional humans do. Truthfully, I'd like no more than to see clear, cogent, and convincing evidence to the contrary. But with the track record you've developed here, it's going to take something quite beyond a few more posts by you on here.

ive shown you the proof, ive shown you the work, and you still just say its all a lie, and that i have no skills, no this, no that...

You see, you might think that you've shown me proof, but I have absolutely nothing to go on besides your PP posts. And those myriad posts indicate you don't work, haven't worked for pay for quite some time, but that you're not disabled, and whether you have employable skills or not, you simply don't work, and that you don't work as a matter of choice. I think I have been clear that I don't respect deadbeats. It's that simple. Indicate that you're not a deadbeat and I might have reason to begin respecting you. That also is that simple.

the fact of the matter is that you will never change, if i got a job at say McDonalds, you would chastise me for working there, call me an idiot, say i have no skills and thats why i have to flip burgers for minimum wage.. if i used my degree, and worked at a nursery, for minimum wage, you would say that i have no ambition to better my skill set and life, and that im just an idiot that sells plants... because thats who you are, what you do, and how you treat me...

Now you're the one who is making up stories. You could not be more wrong. I respect the people who work at McDonalds and nursuries or work anywhere doing anything. But that is the difference between all of them, and you. You appear to work nowhere and earn no income. You see, that doesn't look positive about you. But maybe you sell some dope on the side, and if you do, great, that's something, and it would be more than the image of you that you have displayed to this forum.

we here as a TEAM will figure this out, and i will go back and start off right were i left off when my dad passed, so at minimum, i will bring in an extra 35k a year to this FAMILY, because i havent lost anything, forgot anything, become not able to do anything that i was doing then, if anything, ive gotten BETTER at it...

And when you do this, please post a photo of your first paycheck. That's about the only way you're going to persuade folks here that you have arrived, as a man, and are no longer the deadbeat that you have portrayed so long on this forum.

and i tell you alot about myself because you form bullsh!t opinions and lies about me, spew them around like you think you are fvckin Aristotle or something, and that you are the law of the land and what you say goes...

I'll just tell you once again, I'm not making up any lies. My opinion of you is formed totally based on the posts you make on this forum about yourself. Not only am I not Aristotle, I'm not even a mind reader. I don't know anything about you other than from what you have posted about yourself. And the totality of that is that you are someone who has labored at jobs, has a little education and training beyond basic high school, but that you don't work, don't look for work, and don't appear to be interested in having a job. I have no idea why, but that is the image that you portray even if you think you are portraying a very different image. You might want to think about that for a minute or two. But all in all, that's why I think your mom and girlfriend should give you some tough love and kick your sorry ass to the street. Then it would be totally up to you to prove first to yourself, then to them, that you actually have what it takes to make it in this world. Or not. And in that case, the loss would have been inconsequential. And that is just my opinion, for the simple reason that I don't value deadbeats, which is the only thing that you have shown yourself to be.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 10:15 PM

Salmo, this house is a FAMILY, we work TOGETHER AS A FAMILY, everyone brings what they bring to the table... everyone pitches in,

That's what you tell us, but you never once that I can recall have told us what "YOU" bring to the table. Your mother supplies the trailer you all live in, and the food apparently, because you've never revealed that you earn ANY money to buy food for the household. And your Stockholm Syndrome girlfriend brings potential to the table because she is actually trying to do something by getting an education and marketable skill. So what is it that you bring to the table that would indicate you are not a deadbeat?

and things go smoothly for the most part.. the most part is when i try to help out "friends", and they screw me over then i can run into issues,

If you're over 30, heck even over 20, you'd know by now that "friends" wouldn't screw you over. That's not something that friends do. So at least some of the people you think are your friends, well, guess what? They're not friends. Honestly, just trying to help you out here because you're not acting like a person who is as smart as you would have us think you are.

Well this is good news, but it also suggests that you have no excuse for not having a job, so that you can, ya' know, "bring something to the table" besides your apparent deadbeat self.

You were offered help here last year on getting one of your numerous cars operating, and you didn't act on it. Just like you don't act on job opportunities. You see, it's the actions you report on about yourself that tell me you're a deadbeat. I really don't know anything else about you.

i was making 40+k a year when i was 25 years old, had no problem going to work, had no problem doing the work, had no problem excelling at the work,

Ya' know, that's possible, but given all that has transpired here, I'm simply not inclined to believe you. Your posts lead many of us to believe you don't want a job, can't hold down a job, and are incapable of doing the things that functional humans do. Truthfully, I'd like no more than to see clear, cogent, and convincing evidence to the contrary. But with the track record you've developed here, it's going to take something quite beyond a few more posts by you on here.

ive shown you the proof, ive shown you the work, and you still just say its all a lie, and that i have no skills, no this, no that...

You see, you might think that you've shown me proof, but I have absolutely nothing to go on besides your PP posts. And those myriad posts indicate you don't work, haven't worked for pay for quite some time, but that you're not disabled, and whether you have employable skills or not, you simply don't work, and that you don't work as a matter of choice. I think I have been clear that I don't respect deadbeats. It's that simple. Indicate that you're not a deadbeat and I might have reason to begin respecting you. That also is that simple.

Now you're the one who is making up stories. You could not be more wrong. I respect the people who work at McDonalds and nursuries or work anywhere doing anything. But that is the difference between all of them, and you. You appear to work nowhere and earn no income. You see, that doesn't look positive about you. But maybe you sell some dope on the side, and if you do, great, that's something, and it would be more than the image of you that you have displayed to this forum.

And when you do this, please post a photo of your first paycheck. That's about the only way you're going to persuade folks here that you have arrived, as a man, and are no longer the deadbeat that you have portrayed so long on this forum.

I'll just tell you once again, I'm not making up any lies. My opinion of you is formed totally based on the posts you make on this forum about yourself. Not only am I not Aristotle, I'm not even a mind reader. I don't know anything about you other than from what you have posted about yourself. And the totality of that is that you are someone who has labored at jobs, has a little education and training beyond basic high school, but that you don't work, don't look for work, and don't appear to be interested in having a job. I have no idea why, but that is the image that you portray even if you think you are portraying a very different image. You might want to think about that for a minute or two. But all in all, that's why I think your mom and girlfriend should give you some tough love and kick your sorry ass to the street. Then it would be totally up to you to prove first to yourself, then to them, that you actually have what it takes to make it in this world. Or not. And in that case, the loss would have been inconsequential. And that is just my opinion, for the simple reason that I don't value deadbeats, which is the only thing that you have shown yourself to be.

Well said SG!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 10:16 PM

im through telling you the same fvcking thing over and over and over again... you dont listen, you think you know everything...

have fun...
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/27/14 11:36 PM

I think I have it figured out now why his girlfriend is still sticking around. He has guilted her into thinking she owes him money for ruining his piece of [Bleeeeep!] truck that was probably on its last leg when he let her drive it, so now it's all her fault. The poor girl now thinks she is indebted to this miserable family for $11,000 and is going to school so she can get a good job to pay off her debt.
You have already showed your lack of respect for her in the past, just let her go.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 01:17 AM

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 05:40 AM

Posted by: Bustinbig

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 10:20 AM

Ok,Nate.Do you still have the Subaru ? Still broken ? My other offer still stands of just buying it from you. It appears you could use the money and really can't afford to even do the basics to see why it does not run. Why just let it sit there and rot ? It's just going down in value every day. Think about it. The money could help the family. You still have my number ?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 03:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the post modern way of figuring out who the biggest loser is via the internet is their post count. This is because if you post all the time, you have no real life.

And I'm also pretty sure if you totaled up all of Nate's posts from all of his different user names he would be up their with Wankster and Toff.

So to sum up all the bickering, Evo, lost. It doesn't matter what you say, it is how much you say, and if you are saying all day, you are probably a loser.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy

So to sum up all the bickering, Evo, lost..

Lets not jump to conclusions! Its not even 2pm yet... The smoke has just settled from the night before wink

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/28/14 11:17 PM

Tying up a new leader.....

wink

LMAO!
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/29/14 02:36 AM

figuring out who the biggest loser is via the internet is their post count.

you mean this?

Hankster 21955
Todd 20955
Chuck S. 14110
parker 12176
Banned User 11279
STRIKE ZONE 11095
Salmo g. 10951
Dan S. 10918
Slab Happy 10479
eyeFISH
Posted by: Bantam

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/29/14 04:23 PM

I really can't believe I just read all of that... holy sh!t there's some sad people in this world with way too many excuses for their bullsh!t on I CAN'T

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/29/14 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Brewer

you mean this?

Hankster 21955
Todd 20955
Chuck S. 14110
parker 12176
Banned User 11279
STRIKE ZONE 11095
Salmo g. 10951
Dan S. 10918
Slab Happy 10479
eyeFISH

Thread killer.

Just what is your count? wink

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth

you mean this?

Hankster 21955
Todd 20955
Chuck S. 14110
parker 12176
Banned User 11279
STRIKE ZONE 11095
Salmo g. 10951
Dan S. 10918
Slab Happy 10479
eyeFISH

Thread killer.

Just what is your count? wink

just my point and not 10,000 plus that's for sure.

why anyone wants to be lead along and biting on evo's replies is beyond me. there's something to be said for lol and yawn then moving on to the next exhibit. seems there's many who dumb themselves down to stupidness to make themselves seem smarter. after 10 plus pages one has to really wonder the why did this topic go beyond 2 pages of rhetoric banter with evo? not even the well respected Sol would have wasted 2 replies on this topic.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 01:30 PM

Not enough exhibits to move on to. People will take what they can get.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 03:03 PM

With all the 'puter knowledge he has I'm surprised Paker hasn't hired him.

This is payback for putting you on a 3-day time out and temporarily removing your 49'ers thread, isn't it? Damn old man, you do hold a grudge! That's just plain old mean and harsh. I thought we were friends. wink

Besides, I only hire UW underclass students. I need to have someone around for a good solid 3 years. Kids finishing up their freshman year make great candidates. I can at least see how they did academically over the last year as it's a good indicator if they will last or not. Don't really care what they know, as I hire more off of character and how well they would interact with the faculty, staff, and students as a whole, rather than some geek that lives in a dark closet and only comes out for more Mountain Dew and to use the head.

You said you have a degree, Nate. What's your degree in Nate and where did you obtain it from?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 03:20 PM

Yup. IT ain't cheap.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 03:55 PM

Horticulture, Parker... Renton Tech..

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 04:21 PM

Nate...how much salary would it take for you to drive to the U dub to work?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 06:13 PM

doing what?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 06:25 PM

Jacking off Spiders.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 06/30/14 08:12 PM

that would be the study of Arthropodology, Entomology, and Agriculture, not Horticulture, SD... so i wouldnt know where to start...

40k a year sounds good...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:03 AM

so i wouldnt know where to start...

Put your real skillz to work. Google it.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
so i wouldnt know where to start...

Google it.

I took the liberty of googling for you, now all you have to do is click

I am not a deadbeat

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 02:38 PM

Now print it out and FedEx it over night to Nate. applause

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 02:56 PM

OMG! Seriously? rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 03:33 PM

It was the hose rolling requirement.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 03:47 PM

i didnt log out dipsh!t, i X'd out the browser and it automatically logs out...

Redmond is further than Seattle from me as well... and i dont have a clue as to why you think i want to go into landscaping again? i havent done that for a while now, i was building houses, not yard ape'n the site...

listen, i know what im trying to do, you dont, let just keep it at that.... theres only 2 things im interested in, and im going to do 1 of them, BUT, noone in their right mind would apply for a job without transportation to get there, thats setting yourself up for failure, and in your guys case, you would love for me to get a job and then get fired so you could have another something to talk sh!t about...

2 things guys, thats it....

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 06:58 PM

I wanted to be a rock star or comedian but can't sing or play a musical instrument and sure as hell not funny. It's a bitch when reality takes away your dreams.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 07:07 PM

Smoke pot and post on the internet....same two things you been doing for years.

Hell
That's obvious....

Hey now! Let's not give potheads a bad name. I know plenty that have accomplished more than Evo ever will an they get stoned regularly.

99% of people like Evo are druggies but 99% of druggies aren't like Evo.

Based on the crap Evo used to post here, the stuff he wishes we all forgot, he definitely dabbles in more than weed.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 07:21 PM

LOL, bring over a drug test any time dipsh!t...

any time...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 08:11 PM

yeah, like you live in a mansion in Quilcene... you forget i spent 30 years out there dingus...

smh

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 08:22 PM

yeah it was great... my grandfather bought that cabin for his grandsons, me and my brother... i helped build the fvcking thing, and also helped with repairs, while my dad paid for it...

oh, and i can still go out anytime i want, Mary will gladly let me camp on the beach, which as a matter of fact may happen this summer...

till then, i have a better cabin i can go to in Campbell River BC, so your fvckwad friends can keep that place and die in it for all i care...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 08:32 PM

matter of fact John, say one more comment about anything that happened with my family, and i will file a defamation suit against my uncle...

sucks my GF's family is full of lawyers, shouldnt be too hard to get it done.... for free...

balls in your court, and your mouth ya punk bitch...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 08:56 PM

oh i have plenty of clues... and know exactly what it takes to file a defamation suit since ive already looked into it... YEARS AGO

NONE of what he said is true, and i have hundreds of witnesses to attest to that... nice try tho...

you also dont know what proof i have stored, nice try on that too...

i can pass any drug test right now, 4 months ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago... so what he said is false, and it has harmed me, because he got other people to think that sh!t and its affecting my life...

i can also get the guy when i was evaluated for "treatment", because they said i needed it, and he told EVERYONE, I DIDNT NEED TREATMENT... right in front of their fvcking faces...

and also, i was refused work and lost work because of what my uncle did, another plus on the suit...

keep it up bitch, as you know, i got nothing but time to put all my effort into something like this...

i aint playing with you anymore John, knock your sh!t off NOW...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:00 PM

keep it up bitch, as you know, i got nothing but time to put all my effort into something like this...

Lol. And today in Evo world, lawyers work pro bono to help losers who live in their moms basement with a bunch of computers from 10 years ago.

When you and that drunk YBD start talking lawyers, it truly shows how out of touch with reality you are.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:03 PM

pro bono because its her fvcking cousin moron...

you should just keep your mouth shut, and go find a girlfriend for gods sakes...

Katie will see this, and tonight, she WILL call her cousin...

if her uncle Norm was still alive, she could just call him, you should have seen the look on Guy and Nancy's face when she told them Mr. Maleng was her uncle, that was at the little wake at my grandmothers funeral, when they KNEW they fvcked up in the first place...

and it was a look of fear, and concern...

which is exactly what they should have...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
This thread has got some legs.

Fish on...

Todd

Toldya...page 2 rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:12 PM

atleast when i did work i always paid my taxes John...

lyin ass raping the system fraud, you claim to be above all, but you are a bottom dwelling LIAR...

when someone tells you to stop something, you should listen to them... and i think ive told you 1 too many times...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:27 PM

oh i know plenty John... keep playing with me and ill show you just how much...

knock your sh!t off...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:28 PM

oh with that said...

FISH ON!!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:43 PM

Posted by: stonefish

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 09:55 PM

i got nothing but time

Quite surprising......any particular reason?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:00 PM

This google thing is so easy, even redhook could do it

I'm still not a deadbeat

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:16 PM

Evo, anyone you'd talk to about a defamation suit would read this schit, maybe laugh a little, and tell you to stop digging your own grave. It would be good advice. You're not a victim here or in real life. You're just someone who had a bad experience once and can't get past it.

You don't see it and that's actually pretty sad. I like seeing people succeed, not finding reasons to fail. It really is up to you.

'Murica is full of people these days who'd rather get a gub'mint check for $1200/month rather than go out and earn $1800 on their own. With hard work, that $1800 might someday double and with a little more experience, it might triple. That $1200 ain't going up.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:21 PM

wntrrn, my uncle said i was a drug addict, a thief, and other things...

i am none of those... i have witnesses, i have proof, i have it all...

i dont get disability, or SSI, which is also a lie...

i was refused work because of what he said, and did, i was also asked to take a drug test for another job, which i said i would do without a hitch, and they didnt call me back, and when i got back in contact, they said no... everyone worth a damn at that company knew the truth as well...

you dont know the story dude, you dont know what happened, you dont know how it went down, and if you really did know the truth, you might not treat me like the way you guys do...

a person can only be beat on so much, and they beat me to a pulp...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:30 PM

Hmmm, if BU doesn't stop bugging Evo, Evo is going to have his GF's lawyer cousin file a defamation suit against Evo's uncle. If the lawyer cousin takes the case, he sure as hell doesn't work for a firm like Boston Legal. The logic path that a brain like Evo's takes makes his brain worthy of scientific study.

So Evo won't apply for a job because he doesn't have wheels to get there, not because he's a lazy useless worthless sloth (apologies to actual sloths). Apparently his strategy if to get the GF educated and employed so she can buy Evo a car. Then when he still doesn't get a job, GF will finally figure out that she's been had and dump his ass, making the world a tiny bit better place.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:31 PM

you shut up too Steve...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 10:38 PM

and if you really did know the truth is why you you might not treat me like the way you guys do...

The thruth is, you dont have a job and you have no desire to find one... that is why you are treated the way you are... be a man and apply for each of the 34 jobs on this page and I will give you some respect

otherwise you are still just a deadbeat
Posted by: Coho

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 11:07 PM

This thread is gold

Evo redhook ... The other 10 names - you keep responding - tell that to your lawyer which I would like to know how many food stamps it takes to represent you - paid for by us that work

There are jobs there are people that have no none zero transportation - a bike is a way! To get to the bus that goes to the train that gets you to make an INCOME
Adapt
You talk proudly about some fam and bad bout others -

This is the world ya don't get another chance - funny you sit and post and boast and whine -

There are not many that have time to console when there own life has the same angst destruction production and grief- suk the fk up

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wntrrn

'Murica is full of people these days who'd rather get a gub'mint check for $1200/month rather than go out and earn $1800 on their own. .

There is a sh**load of work out there for people that have work ethic. There is also a sh**load of people that want a job and paycheck with NO work ethic... computer

Outdoor Emporium will never list a job here again grin
Posted by: Dub

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 11:19 PM

Outdoor Emporium will never list a job here again 

You would think they would have known better.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/01/14 11:36 PM

They might come back to launch a fishin' derby tho.

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 12:04 AM

Not bugging you specifically, about anything. Just making casual observations from up here in the cheap seats. You can hold onto the past which is very evident what you are going to do. Underneath all this ribbing is some knowledge from people who have been there and done that. You seem to think you are special in that your life is so rough you can't make any headway. In reality, what you're going thru and what you've been thru is just life. It ain't fair, but people who can move forward rather than constantly looking back are going to live a full life. Take it for what it's worth to you. You say you have plans, but you always bring up the past. The only thing I learn from my past are mistakes and successes. From those, my future is shaped more positive than my past.

Remember, we only get 1 shot at this. Good luck.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 08:31 AM

From a Bonnie Raitt song "You can't change the past, but you can leave it behind."

"Slow Ride"

Feels like nothin happens fast enough
Well maybe I just want too much
But when something's wrong between us, Baby
Nothin feels right.

I think it's time we cleared the air
Take a long drive far away somewhere
Tell me everything you feel inside
We got nothin but time.

Slide over, Baby
Here by my side
I wanna take you on a Slow Ride
On a Slow Ride.

Your history shows on your face
Yeah, you've been hurt you've been betrayed
Now we can't change the past, but we can
Leave it behind.

We'll forget about tomorrow, Baby
We'll just steal away into the night
And we'll just be two shadows, Darlin
In the dashboard light.

Slide over, Baby
Here by my side
I wanna take you on a Slow Ride
On a Slow Ride
Posted by: Chaz

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 12:49 PM

I'm gonna get a parrot and train it to wield a hatchet. It will swoop down on unsuspecting possums and dash their brains out.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Chaz
I'm gonna get a parrot and train it to wield a hatchet. It will swoop down on unsuspecting possums and dash their brains out.

And a parrot with that much utility would be a more productive person than Evo.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 01:06 PM

Evo, From The Beginning

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 04:23 PM

After a pile of long days all in a row so that I could get out of town for a few days...I am heading to the coast to terrorize Chinook, lingcod, and rockfish for a few days.

I fully expect this thread to be at 20 pages by the time I return...I read it at 13 right now wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 04:30 PM

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 04:30 PM

#ReiterPonds is the other direction and suffers from a distinct lack of ocean breezes, lingcod, or harvestable Chinook salmon...

So no smile

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
I fully expect this thread to be at 20 pages by the time I return...I read it at 13 right now wink

Doood! Change your preferences.

This thread is only at page 6.

Pales in comparison to Hank's 49'ers thread.

OTOH, it is a pretty damn funny thread.

Hey EVO, get accepted to the UW as a student and I'll hire you. The entertainment value alone would be worth it.

Besides, as your boss, I'd have no problem beating you over the head with a keyboard to make my point. smile

Come to think of it, I'd have no problems beating all of you over the head with a keyboard. Just because you all piss me off. Daily. smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: parker

Hey EVO, get accepted to the UW as a student and I'll hire you.

Some typical Fusky recruitment goin' on here.
The NCAA might want to have a look at this.

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: parker
[quote=Todd] Just because you all piss me off. Daily. smile

Paker gets it.

woot

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/02/14 09:39 PM

yeah it was great... my grandfather bought that cabin for his grandsons, me and my brother... i helped build the fvcking thing, and also helped with repairs, while my dad paid for it...

This "paragraph" was a real gem.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 03:14 AM

Your only know, is what he allows you to know.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Kinetic Kwik
Your only know, is what he allows you to know.

Lol.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

This "paragraph" was a real gem.

Clear, clean and easy to read....

rofl

Sounds grateful, too.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 03:02 PM

BU,

Yeah, and he was gettin' all personal like, yet I've never met him and don't know a thing about him, except what he posts here, and oh man, that's revealed the most entertaining deadbeat I've ever read about. I do kinda' feel sorry for his GF tho, and agree with others who hypothesize that she's a victim of Stockholm Syndrome. I'm surprised that her parents haven't staged an intervention, ya' know, like parents do when their kid gets involved is some kind of loser cult.

Sg

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 03:05 PM

And what's Paker gettting all high and mighty about? Hell, if it weren't for us regular and worthy posters, this website would have little content and little value. Paker should show a little gratitude.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 04:40 PM

Parker Vajazzles

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajazzle

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/03/14 11:17 PM

Hell, if it weren't for us regular and worthy posters, this website would have little content and little value.

with all the "worthy" posters this place still offers even less value and content.

constant railing on a guy who is very much content in digging his holes "proves little" content and value. the beating of this dead horse of 5 years is beyond thought. how friggen bored are the worthy posters that keep feeding this repetitive go nowhere subject of redhook, ND1000, Evo and any other moniker to pop up in near future?

the darkside continues to drill deeper into pathetic unfunny material that is a waste of usefull time.

rolleyes lame

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/04/14 01:45 PM

Brewer,

If you don't find this thread entertaining, why are you even reading it, let alone posting in it?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/05/14 01:12 PM

Hell, if it weren't for us regular and worthy posters, this website would have little content and little value.

with all the "worthy" posters this place still offers even less value and content.

constant railing on a guy who is very much content in digging his holes "proves little" content and value. the beating of this dead horse of 5 years is beyond thought. how friggen bored are the worthy posters that keep feeding this repetitive go nowhere subject of redhook, ND1000, Evo and any other moniker to pop up in near future?

the darkside continues to drill deeper into pathetic unfunny material that is a waste of usefull time.

rolleyes lame

What makes the dark side unfunny is your worthless ass being here.

Get the fuc.k out. Look at that.............your problem is solved.

Or you can continue sniveling like a little bitch.

Anyone want to lay odds at what brewer's next move is going to be?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/05/14 06:46 PM

You should start expressing your whiny rage through interpretive dance.

Start by getting red in the face, proceed with wildly flailing arms, the stomping of your feet and kicking anybody in close proximity.

You can wrap it all up with one of your copyrighted soccer flops.

grin

That's a pretty funny picture.
I'd throw in the lighting oneself on fire bit toward the end, mebbe right after the flop.

....and the crowd roared.

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:04 PM

Uh oh.

GOD forbid BU is irritated.

rolleyes

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JTD

Uh oh.

rolleyes

He's most always irritated, and why would anyone care?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:20 PM

I'm happy to add a little light/lite, to your dismal life.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:32 PM

It is better to see you laugh than swear and I suppose it is obvious I'd rather read what DD has to say on his worst day than anything you spew on your best.

I figure you must be related to someone here because only families tolerate the creepy uncle types

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:41 PM

You coined it and singly insist on regurgitating it once a month or so.

But please, fell free to explain it to the feebly furnitured.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:45 PM

Interpretative dance

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 08:53 PM

Uh oh.

rolleyes

That dingleberry has perpetual PMS.

You mean "the Human Toothache?"

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 09:02 PM

Obviously you asked the question and didn't have an answer.

Who's laughin' now?

FISH ON!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 10:06 PM

My pseudo-adversary offers zero content, again. Also, plagiarizing Bigstick doesn't constitute proper spelling.

You're digging Friend and I am still laughin'

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 10:37 PM

One of these looks good on a warm summer night, such as tonight...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/06/14 10:37 PM

My bad.

grin

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/07/14 09:22 PM

While I think the content of this thread has degraded quite a bit since I left to go fishing last Wednesday, I am...glad? weirded out?...that it's still going, and strong.

Carry on.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 12:22 AM

I have a hard time feeling rough about anything when I was on a boat for a few days piling up the eats and you clowns were still here doing this wink

Heck, I even made a fishing report...but since it's not on the Dark Side you might not ever see it wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 01:38 AM

i aksed Katie to marry my dumb loser ass today...

she said yes...

i guess some people that actually know who i am can see what i am, not what im worth....

i never said i was perfect, i never said i didnt want to succeed at something right now, meaning work... we will get this settled, its not an issue, but honestly, i have wasted time... you guys are right, no doubt... but that doesnt make me bad, or anything of the sort... it doesnt make me stupid or retarded.. i made dumb choices, and waited till the last minute like i get pissed off at everyone else for doing... i did it myself... and thats the hardest time to try to crawl out of, the bottom of the barrel...

i still gotta deal with the car issue, but we kinda had a life talk and its time to get things in order... how? we have some ideas, and goals.. so, its just gotta happen one way or another...

Parker, Katie said she would help me with checkin out getting in as a student at UW, but i kinda want to go back to building houses.. ill keep that option in the Rolodex tho for sure...
Posted by: eugene1

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 02:26 AM

Evo,

I just skipped through this thread and don't know all the details, but glad you got a game plan and a good woman.

Congratulations,

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 04:47 AM

Katie sounds like a great gal. Tough times are the true test of a relationship and she obviously stood by you.

Congrats to you there Nate!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:58 AM

I'm happy for you and I hope everything works out for the better!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 04:02 PM

Katie sounds like a great gal. Tough times are the true test of a relationship and she obviously stood by you.

Congrats to you there Nate!

+1
beer

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 06:01 PM

how? we have some ideas, and goals.. so, its just gotta happen one way or another...

first off, congratulations... finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is a great.

But saying "its just gotta happen one way or another" is another way to say "I'm holding out for that management position, and I'll keep buying lottery tickets till I get it". Here are a few goals that I guarantee will "make it happen":

quit smoking pot
go to bed early
get up early
get an entry level job
fix your car
find a better job
find the career you want

otherwise you will remain a deadbeat, a married deadbeat, but a deadbeat just the same.

My sister, the one I like, is married to a deadbeat just like the one you play on the internet. She works two jobs, drives him wherever he wants to go, pays his seat belt tickets, all while my retired mom shuttles their kids to school and back

I feel bad for my sister but especially bad for my mom, she is to old to be taking care of kids.

don't be a deadbeat
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 08:16 PM

Words of wisdom right there Piper thumbs rofl

Wish you the best Evo, good luck!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 08:29 PM

i aksed Katie to marry my dumb loser ass today...

she said yes...

i guess some people that actually know who i am can see what i am, not what im worth....

i never said i was perfect, i never said i didnt want to succeed at something right now, meaning work... we will get this settled, its not an issue, but honestly, i have wasted time... you guys are right, no doubt... but that doesnt make me bad, or anything of the sort... it doesnt make me stupid or retarded.. i made dumb choices, and waited till the last minute like i get pissed off at everyone else for doing... i did it myself... and thats the hardest time to try to crawl out of, the bottom of the barrel...

i still gotta deal with the car issue, but we kinda had a life talk and its time to get things in order... how? we have some ideas, and goals.. so, its just gotta happen one way or another...

Parker, Katie said she would help me with checkin out getting in as a student at UW, but i kinda want to go back to building houses.. ill keep that option in the Rolodex tho for sure...

Congrats on the positive life change.

As far as "building houses" goes, unless you're the builder/developer you are going nowhere, unless you're a disciplined money-saver/investor.

Another way to go is to join the apprenticeship program.
The program ids designed to take a "kid off street" and turn him into a journeyman carpenter in 4 years.
There are 8 levels....you move through 2 levels per years and you pay scale goes up accordingly.
If you have previous carpenter experience they will test you and plug you into one of the levels, depending on your score.

You don't have to drag around a bunch of power tools like the scabs do.
The carpenters fought and won a battle over that years ago and are only responsible for personal hand tools.
The employers supply all power tools.

If you're in your 30's there is still time to start building your pension.
For transportation, you just have to make that happen...that cannot be a barrier.
It takes discipline, hard work and a lot balls to become a journeyman carpenter.

Do this now, keep your mouth shut and do what you're told and you will thank me down the road.
http://www.carpentertraining.org/locations.lasso

PS
Work your way up to foreman or superintendent and you tell the weed puller what to do and when to do it.
They're a notch above the cleaning ladies that do the final clean, so it's not that big of a deal.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 09:00 PM

DD, ive already completed 3 years at CITC (Construction Industry Training Council) which is a program through WSU.. i was doing it for 3 years straight before my dad died, and have done alot during my life helping, i did have a job when i jumped school with my dad at 16 doing the same thing... did a framing job a few years before i went to work for Charter too... 1 more year in that class, and i will become a journey...

the situation of why i quit was a bad decision, but it was almost forced upon me by the idiot HR guy that has been gone for years... if i were still there, i would be making around 30 dollars an hour, same wage as my brother... but im not, i think tho, that i may be able to get the President to let me come back on the team tho, hes always liked me, and theres a ton of Supe's there that like me too so i should be able to get this done sooner than later...

also, im not just a "scab" that has bags and a cats paw, hammer, and tape... im way past that.. and no i wouldnt need compressors, guns, saws, ect if i go to work for a big company, but some of the little ones out here state specifically you need tools like that, or atleast buy them shortly after starting... i already have everything i could ever need, levels, planes, chisels, ect...

building houses is just something that i really enjoy, and thats what keeps people happy in their jobs, is if they enjoy doing it... im just trying to pick up where i left off, i havent lost any knowledge infact i have gained more with my brother doing window installs and what not, but i was already doing some of that before i left...

im not what you would call foreman material at this point, all foreman i know know more than i do so... im right below them tho, and learn quickly, work my ass off, and get sh!t done the right way, the first time...

i just wish i could do that with everything in life, but thats easier said than done....

we are hopefully getting the ball rolling this weekend, i have a few things to take care of the rest of the week, and then me and Katie are taking off for a night i think and getting it all figured out...

and after a year or so, we will move out of this sh!t hole... you fellers that hate me should come see this, come see what i do for the rest of the people here and how im thanked for it... living here has kept me in this rut, it has caused fights, it has hurt me, and i have hurt others because of that...

and im not letting that happen anymore...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 09:10 PM

it has hurt me, and i have hurt others because of that.

poor possums... frown

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 09:52 PM

nate,

The key is starting now. It sounds like you've been spinning your wheels a little, and you need to gain some traction and start moving forward.

Congratulations on your proposal. It sounds like your gal is a hard worker with a goal in mind. Keep that in mind, and do the same. It sounds you have some skills, but lack focus.

The weed may or may not be a problem. I work with plenty of people who don't smoke weed and are as dumb as a sack of fuckin' hammers, and at my previous job we had some high-performers I know smoked weed. The thing is, many employers (like mine) won't allow it and test. You don't want your career choices dictated by weed. Phil Jackson and his 11 NBA titles laugh at fuckwads like 43-8 who demonize weed and make it sound like you can't perform if you smoke dope. That's bullsh!t, just like most of his posts - but it won't help you get or hold a job, either. I'm pretty sure that prior to winning 4 or 5 championships, Jackson wouldn't have talked about smoking weed, either, because employers frown on that sh!t, and that's a good enough reason not to do it.

One more thing you might want to do is get some skills in Excel, Word, and other common business applications. In my company, no matter what your position is, you are expected to have at least basic skills at your typical office suite software, and being good at them assures you'll be upwardly mobile.

I recommend moving away from labor, and toward using your brain to stay employed. Right now, my brain probably works better, business-wise at least, than it ever did. My body, however, is a heap of sh!t compared to when I was 25. I wouldn't want to have to rely on it to keep making money, that's for sure.

Now, let me give you some tips on how to stay married.............. smile

Kidding! I've been married 24 years, but I think what we do only works for us. But I guess that's all that matters.

Best of luck to you and Katie. I'd think it was pretty cool if you reported back somewhere down the road with pics of your own place, and your new ride, giving KK a big half a peace sign.

I bet KK would even think that was cool................if he wasn;t such a asshole.

smile

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 10:25 PM

nate,
I recommend moving away from labor, and toward using your brain to stay employed.

You just set the little $hit back 5 years with that one...

giving KK a big half a peace sign.

I bet KK would even think that was cool................if he wasn;t such a asshole.

smile

god forbid KK kicks the bucket wink poor little Fu(ker wouldn't have any reason to go back to work

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 10:38 PM

"The weed may or may not be a problem. I work with plenty of people who don't smoke weed and are as dumb as a sack of fuckin' hammers, and at my previous job we had some high-performers I know smoked weed. The thing is, many employers (like mine) won't allow it and test. You don't want your career choices dictated by weed. Phil Jackson and his 11 NBA titles laugh at fuckwads like 43-8 who demonize weed and make it sound like you can't perform if you smoke dope. That's bullsh!t, just like most of his posts - but it won't help you get or hold a job, either. I'm pretty sure that prior to winning 4 or 5 championships, Jackson wouldn't have talked about smoking weed, either, because employers frown on that sh!t, and that's a good enough reason not to do it."

Yeah because we know the exception makes the rule and Nate and Phil are comparable? How many high performers do you know that toke a gram a day? That's what I thought , You make my point very well Napoleon. Nothing wrong with weed or a drink if the rest of your life is healthy .
Posted by: Jet

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 10:58 PM

Good luck Nate. Despite what was said above, UNION carpenters are a joke. I would hire a cleaning lady, or a weed picker as a carpenter before hiring one of those clowns!!!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 43-8
"The weed may or may not be a problem. I work with plenty of people who don't smoke weed and are as dumb as a sack of fuckin' hammers, and at my previous job we had some high-performers I know smoked weed. The thing is, many employers (like mine) won't allow it and test. You don't want your career choices dictated by weed. Phil Jackson and his 11 NBA titles laugh at fuckwads like 43-8 who demonize weed and make it sound like you can't perform if you smoke dope. That's bullsh!t, just like most of his posts - but it won't help you get or hold a job, either. I'm pretty sure that prior to winning 4 or 5 championships, Jackson wouldn't have talked about smoking weed, either, because employers frown on that sh!t, and that's a good enough reason not to do it."

Yeah because we know the exception makes the rule and Nate and Phil are comparable? How many high performers do you know that toke a gram a day? That's what I thought , You make my point very well Napoleon. Nothing wrong with weed or a drink if the rest of your life is healthy .

I've never found it to be the exception, I've found it to be the rule. High performers perform whether they smoke weed or not.

Weed isn't the deciding factor. Weed is the excuse used when low-performers have to blame something.

I know a few high-performing weed-smokers. I've never been able to identify smoking weed as a determining factor in someone's success. Perhaps you do - but I bet some high-performers you know smoke weed and you're just unaware of it.

In any case, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Nate, so go find a match and a gas can and...................well, you know.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:25 PM

Why did you answer me then ? short term memory problems?

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:26 PM

its not the weed, it was my mindset... i didnt just start smoking after my dad died, ive been smoking it since i was 16, and before my dad died, i was making good money even while doing it... i dont smoke at work, or before, or any of that... that is my preference... i do however know people that do smoke at work and are quite good at what they do...

pot is not what makes people lazy or not be good at anything... they were already that way before they smoked weed, its who they are...

im not lazy, or not good at anything, i just made some wrong choices and kinda took things the way that i shouldnt have... but isnt that called the lessons of life? making mistakes and learning from them to become a better person?

i made the wrong, and bad choices, and now i have to reverse that.. but its all good, i like it when people say i cant do something... it drives me even more to say i can, and hold my weed and watch this rofl (<<< Joke)

also Joad, i said under a gram, if you knew anything about Cannabis, Marijuana, Weed, Dank, Indo, or in your case if you ever smoked it, Schwag, you would know weight measurements and know that 1 gram aint sh!t, most people who smoke "blunts", smoke 2-8 grams in 1 sitting, and thats not all they will smoke...

sh!t, since its legal, i should post a picture of what .5 even looks like rofl (again, joke)

thanks everyone, and even the haters for the motivational support, because the bad ssay you cant support is the best when it comes to people that figure pretty much anything they want out...

its the game of life, and im gonna win this bitch some day...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:28 PM

oh yeah Jake, no union for me, i would be at like 28-30 if i stuck with it, non union, no bullsh!t, none of that hack crap... i need to get back on that path... my dad felt the same way as you about unions, they are pretty much a joke...

but they are right for some people i suppose... im not one of them..

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:43 PM

No - I answered to tell you to shut the fu.ck up.

Pay attention, stoner.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/08/14 11:55 PM

applause Stoner cage match.. Performance on an intellectual, physical, and emotional level is not effected by dope! rofl The last two pages are testament to that statement

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 12:14 AM

No - I answered to tell you to shut the fu.ck up.

Pay attention, stoner.

Easy nancy you might blow your tampon out.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Jet
Good luck Nate. Despite what was said above, UNION carpenters are a joke. I would hire a cleaning lady, or a weed picker as a carpenter before hiring one of those clowns!!!

You don't know schitt if you actually took the time to type that.

When I was young and stupid that's what I thought as well.
That's OK, I was a scab at one time and didn't know schitt...you can recover from it.

If you want to build shacks and nip at the edges of commercial, be a rat carpenter.
And then try to live on Social Security when you're old and broken.

The skilled workforce in the Pacific Northwest is union.
It is not the type of union where slackers can hide....if you fuk up you are gone instantly. Many people don't know that about construction unions in the PNW.

Most all large structures, bridges, etc. in the PNW were built by this workforce.
There is no other skilled labor pool that can handle such jobs.

I've been in both groups in leadership positions.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 12:30 PM

Congratulations Nate. Really, I mean that. You realize however, that a person, who is a better woman than you are a man, has made a significant commitment to you. If you're even half a man, you'll bust your ass to be as good a man as she is a woman. Otherwise, as one of the posts above wrote, you'll just be a married deadbeat instead of a single deadbeat.

You think I'm a hater, but I'm not. I just don't respect deadbeats. I'd like very much for you to be successful. To that end I recommend a long engagement. The time to get married is not while you're telling Katie and us that you're going to "get this figure out," whatever "this" is. The time to get married is after you have figured it out and are already beginning to amount to something. If you really care about her, wouldn't you want her to marry someone who has accomplished something with his life, rather than someone who says he will "figure this out?"

Good luck, and I honestly hope you don't need it.

Sg

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 12:57 PM

Nate, for you instead of what would Jesus do, it will be what would my Dad have done.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 03:34 PM

i know JG, good point...
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 04:27 PM

BU....that's some funny chit right there!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 04:31 PM

Nate, you might want to register here too:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/shoparts.html

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 04:47 PM

i think this will be the song we will play... smile

Posted by: CedarR

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/09/14 06:21 PM

Invite those PP members who have given you good, bad, or ugly advice to your wedding; ask the officiant to leave out the part where he/she asks, "If there is anyone here who objects to this union... "

A marriage lasts longest when two slackers unite. Then, neither partner has the ambition, nor the energy to seek out an attorney, fill out all the paperwork, and meet the necessary deadlines a divorce demands.

Have Katie sign a prenup to protect your 50%. You could become quarter-assed in an instant without one!

wink
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jet

You don't know schitt if you actually took the time to type that.

When I was young and stupid that's what I thought as well.
That's OK, I was a scab at one time and didn't know schitt...you can recover from it.

If you want to build shacks and nip at the edges of commercial, be a rat carpenter.
And then try to live on Social Security when you're old and broken.

The skilled workforce in the Pacific Northwest is union.
It is not the type of union where slackers can hide....if you fuk up you are gone instantly. Many people don't know that about construction unions in the PNW.

Most all large structures, bridges, etc. in the PNW were built by this workforce.
There is no other skilled labor pool that can handle such jobs.

I've been in both groups in leadership positions.

I work with a company full of scab non union guys who would take exception to your comments.

I like union concrete carpenters, beyond that... I go all out to avoid union rockers and tapers. They are the biggest group of change order writing carp I have ever worked with.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 09:09 PM

I can't believe the volume of dumb fuks that have emerged in this thread.

Notice to all Dumfuks in this thread...you know who you are.
You're stoopid and have minimal life experience.
Hope that helps.

Name the place and I will gladly tell this to your face.
Centralia ?

Hopefully you can find a cure....if not, good luck in your endeavors.

Hint:
Might want to learn Spanish

JF C......godallmighty.....there is a time to STFU

rofl

Here's another hint :

Come out to the jobsite and start blabbering this schitt.
Let's see how that works out...

rofl rofl rofl

Get yer fukkin stones up and come on out.....
It's a slow news day.

rofl rofl rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 09:24 PM

This thread is the biggest dumbfuk orgy on this side of the Columbia, so don't hold yourself above any of this!

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 09:28 PM

My step-son is a contractor in the Napa Valley. He hired a union carpenter to work on one of his jobs. After working for a couple of hours the union guy says, "Hey, when are we taking a break?"

My step-son and the rest of the crew laughed at him.

rofl

Most definitely a reject if he was working on a scab crew.

Next.

Edit:
They're in the minor leagues and they know it....they know it.
They always want to see if they "measure up" to the big leaguers.
Enter the reject and everyone thinks they are cool.
I know the scenario.

Fact is there are low quality people everywhere.

I'm working with a 59 year old carp that is retiring in 3 weeks and his pension will equal his current salary.
If the stepson can match that or better, he is doing well, but I would bet not.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 09:43 PM

my dad views on Union Carpenters wasnt that they were shotty, lazy, uneducated, or any of that, he didnt like the workings of the unions... just like with all companies, union or not, there are hack players on the team, that give the rest of them a bad name....

my dad, and the people that worked for him, that i learned from, are far from "rat" carpenters as well...

i dont really like the terms that either side uses when refering to the other, because there is some very good, very smart guys on both sides of the field...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 09:51 PM

my dad views on Union Carpenters wasnt that they were shotty, lazy, uneducated, or any of that, he didnt like the workings of the unions... just like with all companies, union or not, there are hack players on the team, that give the rest of them a bad name....

my dad, and the people that worked for him, that i learned from, are far from "rat" carpenters as well...

i dont really like the terms that either side uses when refering to the other, because there is some very good, very smart guys on both sides of the field...

Sorry, but your father's views were incorrect.
Form your own opinions and don't let others form your opinions for you no matter who they are.

Some of my father's opinions are not mine.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:02 PM

So 12 year old Johnny was home because of a school holiday, and he was driving his mother crazy. So she told him to go down the street and watch the crew frame the house that was being built. Well Mom did have a nice day, and Johnny came home about 5:15. Mom asked Johnny, 'How was your day?'
Johnny replies 'Great, and I learned a bunch.' 'Well just what did you learn Johnny?' 'I'll show you Mom just grab the end of this string, now pull it taught, OK now move it just a [Bleeeeep!] hair to the left, Oh for Christ's sakes can't you do any damn thing right...' Mother now interjects, 'Johnny you go fetch me a switch, I will not tolerate such talk in my home.' Johnny replies, 'You want a switch call a fuckin electrician, this is a union shop.' wink

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:03 PM

my other uncle is a Union Carpenter, and couldnt hold the guys that ive worked with jock strap...

like i said, there are hacks on both sides DD...

we had union guys come in on jobs and screw 4 million dollar houses up because they didnt measure right on the lower section of the house so all the doors were 4 inches shorter than they should have been... on 12 inch thick decorative concrete walls that were the entire bottom of the house... each one of the doors with the exception of the 6 panel were around 15k each, and none of them would fit....

that said, we also had non union guys come in and screw things up too...

and for the record, that other uncle, is a hack, he used to be all proud around my dad, but he got set straight real quick... actions speak louder than words...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:15 PM

Maybe the scabs and rats should start building all the important stuff for a change.
I'm waiting....really...go for it...let's see what you got.

If I had to suddenly stop using all scab-built infrastructure, buildings, etc. my life would not be affected.

Turn the tables and see how that looks.
If you can follow.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:24 PM

theres nothing "scab" about any of this DD

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:24 PM

Cut to specs, pound to fit, paint to hide.

Oh, JF C you'd cry like a little girl if you tried bob and weave in the footings with the people that make it happen.
We're gonna be swingin' some 8 pounders and 10 pounders....come on up.
I'm not schitting....2x4 stakes....we might have some "lay-offs" for any weaners that show up.
It ain't gonna be easy.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:27 PM

and this is the exact house that they screwed up... i did alot of work on this one, this is the one my father died while finishing..

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:32 PM

i was working on this one as well as that other one at the same time, they were down the street from each other on Queen Anne, it was an interesting build for sure...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 10:36 PM

Maybe the scabs and rats should start building all the important stuff for a change.

Remember that step-son I was telling you about? He bid on and got a gubmint job that amounted to going in and fixing the fukups from the union crew that built it.

He paid prevailing (union) wage and what that did was make his bid higher.

The gubmint was pleased with the work his scab crew did.

Well that's fine and dandy.
Anybody can fuk up....too bad it happened.

His guys can thank the union in their prayers every night for their "prevailing wages".
But this is how they get paid normally, right ? rofl
(I know that game)

There ain't no free lunch Hank....be careful about tying your bandwagon onto someone else's opinion.
I thought I was a badass scab at one time....grew out of it.
No schitt.

My scab era will be enough to send me to hell.
Hope the fuggers we tortured didn't commit suicide.
True, we were mean....very mean.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/10/14 11:05 PM

No having to hire someone with seniority and no last hired first fired.

I don't know where you're getting this but it has nothing to do with my industry.
Sounds like some far right wing spiel.

Get yer saggin' ass in the trenches and let's see what you think.
That's pretty much what I tell everybody.....
Everything else is just bullschitt.

rofl

If yo wanna get in the bigs, you get in the bigs.
If you like the littles, you stay in the littles.
That's pretty much it.

smile
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 10:59 AM

If I had to suddenly stop using all scab-built infrastructure, buildings, etc. my life would not be affected.

Turn the tables and see how that looks.
If you can follow.

Where would you buy groceries at, us scabs build most of the grocery stores and retail developments. At the scab company I work for we build hospitals, medical clinics, restaurants, breweries, work in major sporting venues, and build some schools.

We pay our guys well, if they planned, most will retire very well. As a trade we do owe the unions for our higher wages, but what the union was and what the union is are two different things these days.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 12:49 PM

Unions shmUnions

there to Protect the Slackers of 'Merica

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 05:09 PM

If it were convenient to post photos I'd post some of my house as an example of the craftsmanship of a scab DIYer whose step-father was a union carpenter.

I worked at a pre-fab housing mill for a while when I was in college. I wasn't in a union, but the mill had some kind of special arrangement with the union. Not really sure what that meant, but one day another student and I suddenly were laid off . . . because the order of 500 homes we were right in the middle of "was just about finished" according to our foreman.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 08:00 PM

JF C this thread has gone completely in the stoopid tank.
We all know that you can't fix stoopid and you also cannot fix dumfukery.

Damn, there are a lot of dumfuks in the wild.
And it's really too bad that so many do not understand how the trades take care of business....it's 180 degrees from what's been posted.
No one is protected....you earn your keep every day.
(must be some big secret or something)

If you're a slacker, have weak skills etc. you are gone, instantly.
In my experience it's the best of both worlds.
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 08:26 PM

Ooh, that's a technical one. Not much room to swing a hatchet. Advantage possum.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 08:33 PM

Your union hires rookies on jobs ahead of workers with more years in the union?

That's a new one for me. I've never heard of that happening.

Yep, apparently another a big secret.
If you have menial tasks to do where a journeyman is not needed, you hire an apprentice who might cost you 60% of scale.
There is no tenure thing.

Edit:
Kill any and all possums as needed.
Best done with a hatchet while bellowing the Rebel Yell.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 08:34 PM

But Glenn Beck said so!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 08:39 PM

That dumfukker would get nailed down to the deck with the 16d nailer like Jesus Christ and then peed on !
It would be a gruesome sight.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 09:19 PM

I also know when someone goes down to the yoonyun hall for work, seniority gets them ahead in the line.

No...that is incorrect.
Maybe some other union ?

There is an "Out-of Work" list.
You get on the list and work your way up....if you can wait.
A lot of guys just go out and scare up their own work.
I've never been hired "out of the hall".

Just recently got the band back together...
Three guys that worked together for another company are reunited in 2014.
It will be a good summer...bobbin' and weavin' and rockin' in the free world.
I'm 22 all over again....pumpin' wood, bangin' nails and pourin' concrete.
It doesn't get any better....except maybe some Fridays off so I can do battle with Mr. Big on the Mighty D.

I'm a lucky fukker.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 09:32 PM

OK, when someone signs up on that out of work list, does the one with the most seniority go to the top of the list?

Negative.

The only thing that could move #2 up to #1 would be certified skills or type of work preference.

If a contractor at Intel needs a clean room guy and #2 has completed clean room training, while #1 is a concrete guy, #2 gets the call.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 09:43 PM

Correct.

I could pull the plug now, but I love what I do and I still feel 100% physically.
My dear mother gave me good running gear.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 09:54 PM

Correct.

I love what I do and I still feel 100% physically.

Spoken like a burnout getting back into the ring again... Nothing wrong with that though. The younger degenerates can't hold a job or get up before noon thirty, so go kick some ass.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
Correct.

I love what I do and I still feel 100% physically.

Spoken like a burnout getting back into the ring again.

The moron speaks.

rofl

This thread just keeps on giving.
Morons, regular folk...no matter.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/11/14 11:40 PM

[quote=Direct-Drive
This thread just keeps on giving.
Morons, regular folk...no matter.[/quote]

Morons and regular folk; lets not confuse the two. Both dumbass's in your book I presume? Hate to slow walk you to some kind of epiphany but your just another 9-5, probably two fish a year clown dangling his half brain on the net, hoping for a bite like the rest of us grin

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/12/14 11:10 AM

I did not know there was such hostility between union and non-union carpenters.

The best part was the state worker giving union workers a hard time.

This thread just

continues

to

deliver.

rofl

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/15/14 04:09 PM

This thread has been Gold, from the second post to the last.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Castingpearls

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/15/14 05:13 PM

Wow, I hadn't touched this thread since I have a job and didn't read past the title. I would've been ripped off in life had I not decided to take this little journey. I literally laughed out loud a few times.

At one point I considered lending Evo a couple hundred bucks, that way we would never hear from him again.

Carry on.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/15/14 07:13 PM

nah, neither of those will work either...

thanks for the thought tho CP...

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/15/14 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Castingpearls
Wow, I hadn't touched this thread since I have a job and didn't read past the title. .

That is a piss poor excuse! Two jobs and Redhook have been blowing this thread apart since day one, and everybody knows how busy they are.

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 07/15/14 07:48 PM

Or offer him a job.......

LOL
Posted by: Streamer

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 12/23/14 01:54 PM

You want a cheaper way to never hear from him again?

Make a bet with him.

rofl
Posted by: RB3

Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) - 12/26/14 03:51 PM

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...mbe.html#UNREAD